Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:17 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted:  

You know Kat...you have been a most vitriolic shadow and stalker of mine since your arrival and even declared your presence came with an agenda to protect TB from my dark side as you perceived it. Yet I have known your own interactions with others over the years and can testify to your own impatience with those who twist, torment, misstate, misrepresent, and contradict the Papers.

Stephen most certainly does that and most recently did so with attitude and personal insults and comments of his own. Your own arrogance here toward myself and others and holier than thou sanctimonious and repetitive self comparison to Jesus is hardly flattering. Just sayin...

Please just stay away from topics I begin unless you can learn to actually contribute and stay on topic...something Stephen has yet to learn as well. His opinions which contradict the text are in fact irrelevant, especially as misrepresentations of the contents of the Papers.

Your opinions here are as caustic and misguided as any IMO....and oh, uh no comments on Stephen's sentence/paragraph structure, grammar, run on sentences, invented words, and personalized definitions? But plenty of such criticism of my own. You're a real peach.

:? :roll: :!: =;

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted:  

Bradly, you're attacking me personally. Please stop. Please.

PostPosted:  

katroofjebus wrote:

:roll: :-s

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
But all the social customs surrounding "marriage", if not represented in the child of destiny born between one woman and one man, is like this myth "two souls becoming one", hyped up promulgations from roleplayers in society, who believe in the value of family, but still seeking to compell young adults into the shackles of financial commitment.

I agree that society has a skewed impression of the institution of marriage, and since it is a product of society I can understand how it can be abused. The so-called "rules" of marriage will change with the mores of society. When I was growing up it was considered permissible for a husband to spank his wife like a child if he felt it was necessary. Children were also considered to be in need of spanking to force them to conform to family concepts of right and wrong. Society has changed its views 180 degrees on this behavior. Patriarchy is no longer acceptable, therefore family dynamics have had to change as well. I think those dynamics are still in a state of flux today.

SEla_Kelly wrote:
But again, this model of "shrinking family size" means that small families need to "go out of their way" to help single child to understand family, in terms of neighbourhood, class, and what that actually means if child grow up in universal family.

I agree that the smaller family makes it more difficult for children to learn from one another and take responsibility for one another within the home. The state school system has taken over this role and I think it is unfortunate.

(625.9) 55:3.10 On these superb worlds the childbearing period is not greatly prolonged. It is not best for too many years to intervene between the ages of a family of children. When close together in age, children are able to contribute much more to their mutual training. And on these worlds they are magnificently trained by the competitive systems of keen striving in the advanced domains and divisions of diverse achievement in the mastery of truth, beauty, and goodness. Never fear but that even such glorified spheres present plenty of evil, real and potential, which is stimulative of the choosing between truth and error, good and evil, sin and righteousness.

(941.8 ) 84:7.27 In the present industrial and urban era the marriage institution is evolving along new economic lines. Family life has become more and more costly, while children, who used to be an asset, have become economic liabilities. But the security of civilization itself still rests on the growing willingness of one generation to invest in the welfare of the next and future generations. And any attempt to shift parental responsibility to state or church will prove suicidal to the welfare and advancement of civilization.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
katroofjebus wrote:

Please stop with the ridicule and harassment.

PostPosted:  

katroofjebus wrote:
fanofVan wrote:
katroofjebus wrote:

Please stop with the ridicule and harassment.

:-s :cry: :wink: :?: Read your own words...embrace them...or exhibit hypocrisy. Your choice. Yes....please stop!

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
:-s :cry: :wink: :?: Read your own words...embrace them...or exhibit hypocrisy. Your choice. Yes....please stop!

Please stop the name-calling insults.

PostPosted:  

katroofjebus wrote:
fanofVan wrote:

Please stop the name-calling insults.

What name have I called you...ever?!!

:roll:

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
What name have I called you...ever?!!

Here are just a few:

Quote:
. . . you have been a most vitriolic shadow and stalker
Your own arrogance here
. . . holier than thou sanctimonious
Your opinions here are as caustic and misguided
You're a real peach.

Please stop

PostPosted:  

Yes...please do. Perhaps Maryjo can delete a few irrelevant posts here? Thanks.

PostPosted:  

You're asking a lot. How about just not carrying on this way with one another and then expecting me to clean up after you? And it seemed so hopeful with a revival of of a discussion of the Golden Rule...oh well...

Topic is locked, and any further topics will be locked when they devolve into this childishness...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9