Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:40 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

It's true that state laws don't matter and cannot protect you when the culture is intolerant. That's why I asked from the cultural angle as well.

Let me be clear though that us readers have it much easier than many other groups on the planet. It's just that we too have the potential of becoming victims of persecution. Which is why we should know how to give out the teachings of the Urantia Book in subtle ways without endangering ourselves. It also gives us greater understanding when it does happen of what other groups go through and why we should do what we can to help them.

FanofVan's example of the two readers becoming refugees in the states illustrates the points I make in this post.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

You are right William- using the wrong approach to publicize the teachings of the Urantia Book might prove to be irreparably fatal. As you say, state laws are nothing if culture dictates the social norms of the people. Thanks.

PostPosted:  

I thought about starting a new thread, but decided against it because of the similarity in subject matter.

So, how does a UB reader answer the charge when fundamentalist Christians invoke 'Satan' when in a heated discussion about beliefs?

You've probably heard all the buzzwords: demon, idolatry, false prophet, different gospel, false teacher, Antichrist and best of all Satan.

So if a Christian were to say the Urantia Book is a 'work of Satan', how would you answer it? Personally, I would just compare the God of the UB to the angry, vengeful and bloodthirsty God of the Bible. Yeah, I know we should let cooler heads prevail, but the only alternative I see would be to just walk away.

PostPosted:  

Hi William,

I believe there are very many statements in TUB that are totally incompatible with any conceived mindset of The Devil or any of his associates. I supposed one could be prepared with many of those to give, especially after asking a person who is suspicious how they would identify The Devil or any evil character versus how they would identity God.

PostPosted:  

But before you even engage in the discussion "how to convert", is your perspective correct? Do you believe like Jesus believes that "we are all of one flesh"? Each Christian Church is a congregation, part of the human family. Before you even think about conversion, think about the cost to God what it means if you actually cause a member to detract from the original loyalty he pays towards his family and church, and check in your heart if you will help that person to do better in the ways of such service. The truth is that tUB give a person so much knowledge, that like Lucifer, I think well "they could gain so much just by reading it," when in reality the sequential and personal experiences of the human individual may be more important. Why you trying to deal with Churches who already do good, who already serve God's will? From my traditions, is the longheld believe that JEsus was called to redeem sinners, not saints. Therefore, why your focus on preexisting goodness, when there are so many orphans, so many searching minds of human individuals, just looking for work to do? Yes, you are right, that Jesus also brought wisdom to those within his own church, as a loyal member of the House of Salome and the House of Joseph, but he was loyal to the church leaders, at least until the Sadducees how do you say this he discovered in their hearts that they actually turned against that which Jesus revealed to them, the portrayal of the relationship between God & Man not as a King/Servant but as a Father/Son.

In my opinion, "cannot go against the Church", means to respect what is written in the book of Revelation 18:22, and the only possible logical argument to extenuate Church teaching, is that Gabriel of Salvington manifested new teachings by the Authors, and not by the word of man.

Last edited by SEla_Kelly on Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:35 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

Hello William,

Personally I think an open dialogue with a religiously convicted Christian would prove futile. The Urantia Book would come across as a religious text endorsing polytheism which is a no-no for Christians.

William S. wrote:
I thought about starting a new thread, but decided against it because of the similarity in subject matter.

So, how does a UB reader answer the charge when fundamentalist Christians invoke 'Satan' when in a heated discussion about beliefs?

You've probably heard all the buzzwords: demon, idolatry, false prophet, different gospel, false teacher, Antichrist and best of all Satan.

So if a Christian were to say the Urantia Book is a 'work of Satan', how would you answer it? Personally, I would just compare the God of the UB to the angry, vengeful and bloodthirsty God of the Bible. Yeah, I know we should let cooler heads prevail, but the only alternative I see would be to just walk away.

PostPosted:  

brooklyn_born wrote:
Hello William,

Personally I think an open dialogue with a religiously convicted Christian would prove futile. The Urantia Book would come across as a religious text endorsing polytheism which is a no-no for Christians.

William S. wrote:

As the UB is very detailed in its presentation of the Trinity and monotheism, why would anyone think or you make such a false claim or assumption of polytheism BB? One of the shared teachings of both.

The UB teaches we should seek the fellowship of other believers for our own learning...not competitive conversion. And why argue with closed minds when there are so many seeking light and truth to share with? And as Jesusonians, can we not muster enough Gospel and Good News to share with our Christian friends?

Perhaps your belief in Jesus and soul and angels and resurrection and being born again and faith and heaven and God might be cause for sharing and caring? If not, at least one of you of the two who cannot is unworthy so what's the point?

We are primarily to share hope, trust, faith and the fruits of the Spirit...not dogma competition. Walking away is often a good choice...until one is discerning and wise enough for another choice.

It is difficult and unwise to present materials we are unfamiliar with or do not believe our self....or think metaphorical and nonliteral. But the UB literally presents monotheism and the Trinity and a detailed rejection of polytheism. What an odd claim by BB. Again.