Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:28 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Lucifer rebellion
PostPosted:  

I have been avid reader of the UB for 20 years. Recently, a question popped into mind (whether adjuster stimulated or not, I can't say). I have asked other UB readers I know and they suggested this forum. They had no answer for the question. I am not asking this question in some lame attempt to troll. I really desire an answer and even welcome speculation.

When Lucifer went into rebellion, a lanonandek rebellion, another lanonandek son and his staff arrived on the sea of glass about 2 years after the rebellion started. The purpose: to seize the government of Satania. His name is Lanaforge. My question is quite simple. Since replacement of rebels is an option, why were Caligastia and Adam/Eve (after their subsequent default) not replaced on Urantia and the other planets that had gone into rebellion at that time? There certainly were sufficient numbers to do so. Given the naive nature of the human race, it would also seem prudent to have done so. Urantia, not having this direct superhuman watch care has made residence on this planet decidedly ugly. "LORD OF THE FLIES" is pretty good example of what can happen when lack of proper supervision is absent.

I would really like to discuss this, even if a definitive answer is not possible.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Lucifer rebellion
PostPosted:  

Greetings sandfn!!!

Welcome. I look forward to the discussion and discovery.

The Planetary Prince was replaced but not Dalamatia or the corporeal staff. The Nodites remained as did the Amadonites but not as any perpetual center of world influence.

The violet bloodline was successfully delivered, but again, we lost the cultural center of the Garden.

Are such lost worlds the noble isles and grand founts of Agondonters? Is each such world, so very rare in all of the time and space creation (only thousands perhaps of trillions of worlds), a form of universe immunization labratory that acts to prevent such catastrophes throughout the rest of creation?

Are we proof of the power of the Most Highs and circuits of mind, spirit, and personality and the ministry of the Creator Sons to deliver faith and truth to the tadpoles of time even without Dalamatia or the Garden?

Very interesting questions you pose!! Glad you are here!

Bradly. 8)

PostPosted:  

Hi Bradly,

Who was Caligastia replaced with? I do not remember reading that. If you can provide me with a reference I would appreciate it. I know that Micheal met with Satan, Caligastia, and Daligastia before departing this sphere in one last attempt to offer them forgiveness.

Thank you

PostPosted:  

Urantia has been blessed in many ways by the response to our Rebel Prince and Adamic default. We are the Shrine of Nebadon. Our world still progresses and accelerates in its progression through the Mortal Epochs without Dalamatia or the Garden. We quiver on the brink. What an interesting place and time for the faith children of time and space.

45:4.16 (514.6) 14. Machiventa Melchizedek, the only Son of this order to bestow himself upon the Urantia races. While still numbered as a Melchizedek, he has become “forever a minister of the Most Highs,” eternally assuming the assignment of service as a mortal ascender, having sojourned on Urantia in the likeness of mortal flesh at Salem in the days of Abraham. This Melchizedek has latterly been proclaimed vicegerentPlanetary Prince of Urantia with headquarters on Jerusem and authority to act in behalf of Michael, who is actually the Planetary Prince of the world whereon he experienced his terminal bestowal in human form. Notwithstanding this, Urantia is still supervised by successive resident governors general, members of the four and twenty counselors.

55:7.3 (632.2) When such an era is attained on your world, no doubt Machiventa Melchizedek, now the vicegerent Planetary Prince of Urantia, will occupy the seat of the Planetary Sovereign; and it has long been conjectured on Jerusem that he will be accompanied by a son and daughter of the Urantia Adam and Eve who are now held on Edentia as wards of the Most Highs of Norlatiadek. These children of Adam might so serve on Urantia in association with the Melchizedek-Sovereign since they were deprived of procreative powers almost 37,000 years ago at the time they gave up their material bodies on Urantia in preparation for transit to Edentia.

119:8.8 (1319.1) Urantia is the sentimental shrine of all Nebadon, the chief of ten million inhabited worlds, the mortal home of Christ Michael, sovereign of all Nebadon, a Melchizedek minister to the realms, a system savior, an Adamic redeemer, a seraphic fellow, an associate of ascending spirits, a morontia progressor, a Son of Man in the likeness of mortal flesh, and the Planetary Prince of Urantia. And your record tells the truth when it says that this same Jesus has promised sometime to return to the world of his terminal bestowal, the World of the Cross.*

PostPosted:  

So....we certainly do have "superhuman watchcare"!! The Most High always have and still do rule the kingdoms of the material worlds. They have established very rigorous and effective responses and counter measures to compensate for all the losses and repercussions suffered by each world.

Indeed we are told that the blessings and good resulting from their managed response to rebellion is already more than 1000 times the amount of damage.

54:6.6 (619.3) At first the Lucifer upheaval appeared to be an unmitigated calamity to the system and to the universe. Gradually benefits began to accrue. With the passing of twenty-five thousand years of system time (twenty thousand years of Urantia time), the Melchizedeks began to teach that the good resulting from Lucifer’s folly had come to equal the evil incurred. The sum of evil had by that time become almost stationary, continuing to increase only on certain isolated worlds, while the beneficial repercussions continued to multiply and extend out through the universe and superuniverse, even to Havona. The Melchizedeks now teach that the good resulting from the Satania rebellion is more than a thousand times the sum of all the evil.

54:6.7 (619.4) But such an extraordinary and beneficent harvest of wrongdoing could only be brought about by the wise, divine, and merciful attitude of all of Lucifer’s superiors, extending from the Constellation Fathers on Edentia to the Universal Father on Paradise. The passing of time has enhanced the consequential good to be derived from the Lucifer folly; and since the evil to be penalized was quite fully developed within a comparatively short time, it is apparent that the all-wise and farseeing universe rulers would be certain to extend the time in which to reap increasingly beneficial results. Regardless of the many additional reasons for delaying the apprehension and adjudication of the Satania rebels, this one gain would have been enough to explain why these sinners were not sooner interned, and why they have not been adjudicated and destroyed.

54:6.8 (619.5) Shortsighted and time-bound mortal minds should be slow to criticize the time delays of the farseeing and all-wise administrators of universe affairs.

54:6.9 (620.1) One error of human thinking respecting these problems consists in the idea that all evolutionary mortals on an evolving planet would choose to enter upon the Paradise career if sin had not cursed their world. The ability to decline survival does not date from the times of the Lucifer rebellion. Mortal man has always possessed the endowment of freewill choice regarding the Paradise career.

54:6.10 (620.2) As you ascend in the survival experience, you will broaden your universe concepts and extend your horizon of meanings and values; and thus will you be able the better to understand why such beings as Lucifer and Satan are permitted to continue in rebellion. You will also better comprehend how ultimate (if not immediate) good can be derived from time-limited evil. After you attain Paradise, you will really be enlightened and comforted when you listen to the superaphic philosophers discuss and explain these profound problems of universe adjustment. But even then, I doubt that you will be fully satisfied in your own minds. At least I was not even when I had thus attained the acme of universe philosophy. I did not achieve a full comprehension of these complexities until after I had been assigned to administrative duties in the superuniverse, where by actual experience I have acquired conceptual capacity adequate for the comprehension of such many-sided problems in cosmic equity and spiritual philosophy. As you ascend Paradiseward, you will increasingly learn that many problematic features of universe administration can only be comprehended subsequent to the acquirement of increased experiential capacity and to the achievement of enhanced spiritual insight. Cosmic wisdom is essential to the understanding of cosmic situations. *

Me here: I understand your question and concern. Let us consider the lessons on the hammer and anvil and the curse of those who have never been afflicted. Mortal Finaliters are forged into beings of noble character and great loyalty and trustworthiness and experiential wisdom as tempered steel is forged from iron.

Likewise does culture, civilization, and scientific progress slowly emerge from barbarity, superstition, and primitivism according to the progressive momentum and collective wisdom of each member aggregated over time generation by generation. This is true as well on worlds with a city of the Prince's staff and with a Garden of Eden too.

I do often wonder what our world would be like now if we still had both global centers of education and culture and leadership. But I know we would not have progressed without barbarity, violence, greed, lust, materialism, self importance, and the suffering caused by those. Wisdom and progress are not handed to any...including mortals or mortal worlds.

Light and Life is achieved only by struggle and collective choices which require and reflect experiential wisdom gained slowly over time. The results on Urantia are stunning and inspiring I think when viewed with the proper perspective and time unit.

Our disappointments in all things are an opportunity to consider our personal perspective. Seldom is objective reality even approximated by our limited view and subjective perspective.

A favorite old Zen saying/lesson..."Things are not as they appear, and neither are they different." is a wise lesson to consider for those who see only the suffering and repercussions of suffering in the world but cannot or do not see the response to suffering and the love, truth, beauty, and goodness that is so obvious to those who can see it.

Suffering delivers opportunity to sympathy, empathy, kindness, love, and service, while its causes offer opportunities for discernment, understanding, patience, mercy, forgiveness, and righteousness. We choose to see what we see. We choose to ignore and be blind to reality too. We choose to respond to suffering or....we do not.

Who cannot see the progress of our world and its acceleration? Who is not thrilled and inspired by the courage and love on display in our world? Who and what does our disappointment serve I wonder?

PostPosted:  

sandfn asks:
Quote:
Who was Caligastia replaced with? I do not remember reading that.

Quote:
45:4.16 14. Machiventa Melchizedek, the only Son of this order to bestow himself upon the Urantia races. While still numbered as a Melchizedek, he has become “forever a minister of the Most Highs,” eternally assuming the assignment of service as a mortal ascender, having sojourned on Urantia in the likeness of mortal flesh at Salem in the days of Abraham. This Melchizedek has latterly been proclaimed vicegerent Planetary Prince of Urantia with headquarters on Jerusem and authority to act in behalf of Michael, who is actually the Planetary Prince of the world whereon he experienced his terminal bestowal in human form. Notwithstanding this, Urantia is still supervised by successive resident governors general, members of the four and twenty counselors.

I think there are more references that flesh out this statement, but yes - Caligastia has been replaced.

maryjo

PostPosted:  

Here are a couple more relevant passages:

https://truthbook.com/urantia-book/paper-93-machiventa-melchizedek#U93_10_6

Quote:
https://truthbook.com/urantia-book/paper-93-machiventa-melchizedek#U93_10_7
93:10.6 As his was an emergency bestowal on Urantia, it does not appear from the records what Machiventa's future may be. It may develop that the Melchizedek corps of Nebadon have sustained the permanent loss of one of their number. Recent rulings handed down from the Most Highs of Edentia, and later confirmed by the Ancients of Days of Uversa, strongly suggest that this bestowal Melchizedek is destined to take the place of the fallen Planetary Prince, Caligastia. If our conjectures in this respect are correct, it is altogether possible that Machiventa Melchizedek may again appear in person on Urantia and in some modified manner resume the role of the dethroned Planetary Prince, or else appear on earth to function as vicegerent Planetary Prince representing Christ Michael, who now actually holds the title of Planetary Prince of Urantia. While it is far from clear to us as to what Machiventa's destiny may be, nevertheless, events which have so recently taken place strongly suggest that the foregoing conjectures are probably not far from the truth.

93:10.7 We well understand how, by his triumph on Urantia, Michael became the successor of both Caligastia and Adam; how he became the planetary Prince of Peace and the second Adam. And now we behold the conferring upon this Melchizedek of the title Vicegerent Planetary Prince of Urantia. Will he also be constituted Vicegerent Material Son of Urantia? Or is there a possibility that an unexpected and unprecedented event is to take place, the sometime return to the planet of Adam and Eve or certain of their progeny as representatives of Michael with the titles vicegerents of the second Adam of Urantia?

PostPosted:  

It is nearly impossible to speculate Urantia's history and potential current status wirhout the repercussions of Lucifer's folly and the Edenic default. Things would be so different.

51:6.2 (586.6) On normal worlds the garden headquarters of the violet race becomes the second center of world culture and, jointly with the headquarters city of the Planetary Prince, sets the pace for the development of civilization. For centuries the city headquarters schools of the Planetary Prince and the garden schools of Adam and Eve are contemporary. They are usually not very far apart, and they work together in harmonious co-operation.

51:6.3 (587.1) Think what it would mean on your world if somewhere in the Levant there were a world center of civilization, a great planetary university of culture, which had functioned uninterruptedly for 37,000 years. And again, pause to consider how the moral authority of even such an ancient center would be reinforced were there situated not far-distant still another and older headquarters of celestial ministry whose traditions would exert a cumulative force of 500,000 years of integrated evolutionary influence. It is custom which eventually spreads the ideals of Eden to a whole world. *

51:6.4 (587.2) The schools of the Planetary Prince are primarily concerned with philosophy, religion, morals, and the higher intellectual and artistic achievements. The garden schools of Adam and Eve are usually devoted to practical arts, fundamental intellectual training, social culture, economic development, trade relations, physical efficiency, and civil government. Eventually these world centers amalgamate, but this actual affiliation sometimes does not occur until the times of the first Magisterial Son.

6. Urantia’s Post-Bestowal Age

52:6.1 (597.2) The bestowal Son is the Prince of Peace. He arrives with the message, “Peace on earth and good will among men.” On normal worlds this is a dispensation of world-wide peace; the nations no more learn war. But such salutary influences did not attend the coming of your bestowal Son, Christ Michael. Urantia is not proceeding in the normal order. Your world is out of step in the planetary procession. Your Master, when on earth, warned his disciples that his advent would not bring the usual reign of peace on Urantia. He distinctly told them that there would be “wars and rumors of wars,” and that nation would rise against nation. At another time he said, “Think not that I have come to bring peace upon earth.”

52:6.2 (597.3) Even on normal evolutionary worlds the realization of the world-wide brotherhood of man is not an easy accomplishment. On a confused and disordered planet like Urantia such an achievement requires a much longer time and necessitates far greater effort. Unaided social evolution can hardly achieve such happy results on a spiritually isolated sphere. Religious revelation is essential to the realization of brotherhood on Urantia. While Jesus has shown the way to the immediate attainment of spiritual brotherhood, the realization of social brotherhood on your world depends much on the achievement of the following personal transformations and planetary adjustments:

52:6.3 (597.4) 1. Social fraternity.Multiplication of international and interracial social contacts and fraternal associations through travel, commerce, and competitive play. Development of a common language and the multiplication of multilinguists. The racial and national interchange of students, teachers, industrialists, and religious philosophers.

52:6.4 (597.5) 2. Intellectual cross-fertilization. Brotherhood is impossible on a world whose inhabitants are so primitive that they fail to recognize the folly of unmitigated selfishness. There must occur an exchange of national and racial literature. Each race must become familiar with the thought of all races; each nation must know the feelings of all nations. Ignorance breeds suspicion, and suspicion is incompatible with the essential attitude of sympathy and love.

52:6.5 (597.6) 3. Ethical awakening. Only ethical consciousness can unmask the immorality of human intolerance and the sinfulness of fratricidal strife. Only a moral conscience can condemn the evils of national envy and racial jealousy. Only moral beings will ever seek for that spiritual insight which is essential to living the golden rule.

52:6.6 (598.1) 4. Political wisdom.Emotional maturity is essential to self-control. Only emotional maturity will insure the substitution of international techniques of civilized adjudication for the barbarous arbitrament of war. Wise statesmen will sometime work for the welfare of humanity even while they strive to promote the interest of their national or racial groups. Selfish political sagacity is ultimately suicidal—destructive of all those enduring qualities which insure planetary group survival.

52:6.7 (598.2) 5. Spiritual insight. The brotherhood of man is, after all, predicated on the recognition of the fatherhood of God. The quickest way to realize the brotherhood of man on Urantia is to effect the spiritual transformation of present-day humanity. The only technique for accelerating the natural trend of social evolution is that of applying spiritual pressure from above, thus augmenting moral insight while enhancing the soul capacity of every mortal to understand and love every other mortal. Mutual understanding and fraternal love are transcendent civilizers and mighty factors in the world-wide realization of the brotherhood of man.

52:6.8 (598.3) If you could be transplanted from your backward and confused world to some normal planet now in the postbestowal Son age, you would think you had been translated to the heaven of your traditions. You would hardly believe that you were observing the normal evolutionary workings of a mortal sphere of human habitation. These worlds are in the spiritual circuits of their realm, and they enjoy all the advantages of the universe broadcasts and the reflectivity services of the superuniverse.

Me here: Next to consider....what are some of the compensatory adjustments and responses to our planetary plight? Remember this - no mortal has been deprived the Divine Spirit Ministry within and the opportunities provided each for soul growth, religious experience, circle progress, truth assurance and realization, cosmic insights, faith certainty, the gravitational circuit effects on personality and mind and spirit, salvation from the material fetters of time, and survival of death to the heavenly abode.

I wonder if you've ever done a UB study of "suffering" sandfn? Perhaps we should do so? I'll see if there's something already here to reference...

8)

Here are links to a couple of topics related to suffering -

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5249&hilit=suffering&start=0

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5029&hilit=response+ability

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5116&hilit=advantage+of+disappointment

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4634&hilit=negative+world+we+live+in

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3400&hilit=suffering

PostPosted:  

From Sandfn:

Quote:
Since replacement of rebels is an option, why were Caligastia and Adam/Eve (after their subsequent default) not replaced on Urantia and the other planets that had gone into rebellion at that time? There certainly were sufficient numbers to do so.

You're in good hands from the scholars here, but I'm wondering if you aren't asking another question. Are you wondering why the rebellion wasn't answered immediately, since the numbers were on our side? That some time elapsed resulting in our detriment?

If so, this would be a different discussion. But I don't want to presume, so please respond if appropriate. Thanks!

PostPosted:  

Yes indeed, let us know if we are not understanding your question.

On Urantia's planetary governance and leadership:

114:0.4 (1250.4) Urantia is not without proper and effective supervision from the system, constellation, and universe rulers. But the planetary government is unlike that of any other world in the Satania system, even in all Nebadon. This uniqueness in your plan of supervision is due to a number of unusual circumstances:

114:0.5 (1250.5) 1. The life modification status of Urantia.

114:0.6 (1250.6) 2. The exigencies of the Lucifer rebellion.

114:0.7 (1250.7) 3. The disruptions of the Adamic default.

114:0.8 (1250.8) 4. The irregularities growing out of the fact that Urantia was one of the bestowal worlds of the Universe Sovereign. Michael of Nebadon is the Planetary Prince of Urantia.

114:0.9 (1250.9) 5. The special function of the twenty-four planetary directors.

114:0.10 (1250.10) 6. The location on the planet of an archangels’ circuit.

114:0.11 (1250.11) 7. The more recent designation of the onetime incarnated Machiventa Melchizedek as vicegerent Planetary Prince.

114:2.1 (1251.4) Since the times of Michael’s bestowal on your world the general management of Urantia has been intrusted to a special group on Jerusem of twenty-four onetime Urantians. Qualification for membership on this commission is unknown to us, but we have observed that those who have been thus commissioned have all been contributors to the enlarging sovereignty of the Supreme in the system of Satania. By nature they were all real leaders when they functioned on Urantia, and (excepting Machiventa Melchizedek) these qualities of leadership have been further augmented by mansion world experience and supplemented by the training of Jerusem citizenship. Members are nominated to the twenty-four by the cabinet of Lanaforge, seconded by the Most Highs of Edentia, approved by the Assigned Sentinel of Jerusem, and appointed by Gabriel of Salvington in accordance with the mandate of Michael. The temporary appointees function just as fully as do the permanent members of this commission of special supervisors.

114:2.2 (1251.5) This board of planetary directors is especially concerned with the supervision of those activities on this world which result from the fact that Michael here experienced his terminal bestowal. They are kept in close and immediate touch with Michael by the liaison activities of a certain Brilliant Evening Star, the identical being who attended upon Jesus throughout the mortal bestowal.

114:2.3 (1252.1) At the present time one John, known to you as “the Baptist,” is chairman of this council when it is in session on Jerusem. But the ex officio head of this council is the Assigned Sentinel of Satania, the direct and personal representative of the Associate Inspector on Salvington and of the Supreme Executive of Orvonton.

114:2.4 (1252.2) The members of this same commission of former Urantians also act as advisory supervisors of the thirty-six other rebellion-isolated worlds of the system; they perform a very valuable service in keeping Lanaforge, the System Sovereign, in close and sympathetic touch with the affairs of these planets, which still remain more or less under the overcontrol of the Constellation Fathers of Norlatiadek. These twenty-four counselors make frequent trips as individuals to each of the quarantined planets, especially to Urantia.

114:2.5 (1252.3) Each of the other isolated worlds is advised by similar and varying sized commissions of its onetime inhabitants, but these other commissions are subordinate to the Urantian group of twenty-four. While the members of the latter commission are thus actively interested in every phase of human progress on each quarantined world in Satania, they are especially and particularly concerned with the welfare and advancement of the mortal races of Urantia, for they immediately and directly supervise the affairs of none of the planets except Urantia, and even here their authority is not complete excepting in certain domains concerned with mortal survival.

114:2.6 (1252.4) No one knows how long these twenty-four Urantia counselors will continue in their present status, detached from the regular program of universe activities. They will no doubt continue to serve in their present capacities until some change in planetary status ensues, such as the end of a dispensation, the assumption of full authority by Machiventa Melchizedek, the final adjudication of the Lucifer rebellion, or the reappearance of Michael on the world of his final bestowal. The present resident governor general of Urantia seems inclined to the opinion that all but Machiventa may be released for Paradise ascension the moment the system of Satania is restored to the constellation circuits. But other opinions are also current.

114:4.1 (1253.4) The sovereignty of Urantia is further complicated by the onetime arbitrary seizure of planetary authority by the government of Norlatiadek shortly after the planetary rebellion. There is still resident on Urantia a Vorondadek Son, an observer for the Most Highs of Edentia and, in the absence of direct action by Michael, trustee of planetary sovereignty. The present Most High observer (and sometime regent) is the twenty-third thus to serve on Urantia.

114:4.2 (1253.5) There are certain groups of planetary problems which are still under the control of the Most Highs of Edentia, jurisdiction over them having been seized at the time of the Lucifer rebellion. Authority in these matters is exercised by a Vorondadek Son, the Norlatiadek observer, who maintains very close advisory relations with the planetary supervisors. The race commissioners are very active on Urantia, and their various group chiefs are informally attached to the resident Vorondadek observer, who acts as their advisory director.

114:4.3 (1253.6) In a crisis the actual and sovereign head of the government, excepting in certain purely spiritual matters, would be this Vorondadek Son of Edentia now on observation duty. (In these exclusively spiritual problems and in certain purely personal matters, the supreme authority seems to be vested in the commanding archangel attached to the divisional headquarters of that order which was recently established on Urantia.)

114:4.4 (1253.7) A Most High observer is empowered, at his discretion, to seize the planetary government in times of grave planetary crises, and it is of record that this has happened thirty-three times in the history of Urantia. At such times the Most High observer functions as the Most High regent, exercising unquestioned authority over all ministers and administrators resident on the planet excepting only the divisional organization of the archangels.

114:5.3 (1254.3) The absence of the corporeal staff of a Planetary Prince and the material regime of an Adamic Son and Daughter is partially compensated by the special ministry of seraphim and by the unusual services of the midway creatures. The absence of the Planetary Prince is effectively compensated by the triune presence of the archangels, the Most High observer, and the governor general.

114:5.4 (1254.4) This rather loosely organized and somewhat personally administered planetary government is more than expectedly effective because of the timesaving assistance of the archangels and their ever-ready circuit, which is so frequently utilized in planetary emergencies and administrative difficulties. Technically, the planet is still spiritually isolated in the Norlatiadek circuits, but in an emergency this handicap can now be circumvented through utilization of the archangels’ circuit. Planetary isolation is, of course, of little concern to individual mortals since the pouring out of the Spirit of Truth upon all flesh nineteen hundred years ago.

114:5.5 (1254.5) Each administrative day on Urantia begins with a consultative conference, which is attended by the governor general, the planetary chief of archangels, the Most High observer, the supervising supernaphim, the chief of resident Life Carriers, and invited guests from among the high Sons of the universe or from among certain of the student visitors who may chance to be sojourning on the planet.

114:5.6 (1254.6) The direct administrative cabinet of the governor general consists of twelve seraphim, the acting chiefs of the twelve groups of special angels functioning as the immediate superhuman directors of planetary progress and stability.

114:7.14 (1258.6) Urantia mortals should not allow the comparative spiritual isolation of their world from certain of the local universe circuits to produce a feeling of cosmic desertion or planetary orphanage. There is operative on the planet a very definite and effective superhuman supervision of world affairs and human destinies.

114:7.15 (1258.7) But it is true that you can have, at best, only a meager idea of an ideal planetary government. Since the early times of the Planetary Prince, Urantia has suffered from the miscarriage of the divine plan of world growth and racial development. The loyal inhabited worlds of Satania are not governed as is Urantia. Nevertheless, compared with the other isolated worlds, your planetary governments have not been so inferior; only one or two worlds may be said to be worse, and a few may be slightly better, but the majority are on a plane of equality with you.

8) Bradly

PostPosted:  

sandfn wrote:
why were Caligastia and Adam/Eve (after their subsequent default) not replaced on Urantia and the other planets that had gone into rebellion at that time?

i wondered about that too...and dont have a good answer. the issue of a new planetary prince is addressed somewhat here:

Quote:
35:9.9 (394.1) In the event of rebellion on a system headquarters, a new sovereign is usually installed within a comparatively short time, but not so on the individual planets. They are the component units of the material creation, and creature free will is a factor in the final adjudication of all such problems. Successor Planetary Princes are designated for isolated worlds, planets whose princes of authority may have gone astray, but they do not assume active rulership of such worlds until the results of insurrection are partially overcome and removed by the remedial measures adopted by the Melchizedeks and other ministering personalities. Rebellion by a Planetary Prince instantly isolates his planet; the local spiritual circuits are immediately severed. Only a bestowal Son can re-establish interplanetary lines of communication on such a spiritually isolated world.

it's not real clear to me exactly what "component units of the material creation, and creature free will is a factor in the final adjudication of all such problems" entails. but i assume the same applies to adam and eve rulership.

recalling all the warnings our adam and eve had about the mess they were headed for here, and yet still defaulted, i wondered if maybe it was decided that the planet needed to evolve more before risking another default...since the primary adamic mission of biologic uplifting was still being carried out (in the wrong manner). this bit from the paper on planetary princes comes to mind:

Quote:
50:6.4 (578.4) Culture presupposes quality of mind; culture cannot be enhanced unless mind is elevated. Superior intellect will seek a noble culture and find some way to attain such a goal. Inferior minds will spurn the highest culture even when presented to them ready-made. Much depends, also, upon the successive missions of the divine Sons and upon the extent to which enlightenment is received by the ages of their respective dispensations.

anyway the closest thing to my attempt at a good answer is that the papers mention that our planet isnt so different from many others that have experienced rebellion/default/quarantine...as the paper on a neighboring planet shows...and possibly the universe needs agondonters more than one experimental planet needs a resident adam and eve?

Quote:
7. The Rewards of Isolation

50:7.1 (578.6) On first thought it might appear that Urantia and its associated isolated worlds are most unfortunate in being deprived of the beneficent presence and influence of such superhuman personalities as a Planetary Prince and a Material Son and Daughter. But isolation of these spheres affords their races a unique opportunity for the exercise of faith and for the development of a peculiar quality of confidence in cosmic reliability which is not dependent on sight or any other material consideration. It may turn out, eventually, that mortal creatures hailing from the worlds quarantined in consequence of rebellion are extremely fortunate. We have discovered that such ascenders are very early intrusted with numerous special assignments to cosmic undertakings where unquestioned faith and sublime confidence are essential to achievement.

50:7.2 (579.1) On Jerusem the ascenders from these isolated worlds occupy a residential sector by themselves and are known as the agondonters, meaning evolutionary will creatures who can believe without seeing, persevere when isolated, and triumph over insuperable difficulties even when alone. This functional grouping of the agondonters persists throughout the ascension of the local universe and the traversal of the superuniverse; it disappears during the sojourn in Havona but promptly reappears upon the attainment of Paradise and definitely persists in the Corps of the Mortal Finality. Tabamantia is an agondonter of finaliter status, having survived from one of the quarantined spheres involved in the first rebellion ever to take place in the universes of time and space.

50:7.3 (579.2) All through the Paradise career, reward follows effort as the result of causes. Such rewards set off the individual from the average, provide a differential of creature experience, and contribute to the versatility of ultimate performances in the collective body of the finaliters.

PostPosted:  

Great post by Makalu. It does seem to me that far less mischief and suffering would have come Urantia's way and better results for the Adamic couple if Cali and Dali and the rebel midwayers had been removed to the prison worlds soon after rebellion.

Was this a local decision by Michael? I don't know. Was it mercy extended to rebels or was it purposed to strengthen resistance to sin by tribulation...a form of Nebadon innoculation?

(446.2) 40:5.11 The Gods who ordained that mortal man should climb to higher levels of spiritual intelligence through long ages of evolutionary trials and tribulations, take note of his status and needs at every stage of the ascent; and always are they divinely fair and just, even charmingly merciful, in the final judgments of these struggling mortals of the early days of the evolving races.

(538.5) 47:8.7 During the sojourn on world number six the mansion world students achieve a status which is comparable with the exalted development characterizing those evolutionary worlds which have normally progressed beyond the initial stage of light and life. The organization of society on this mansonia is of a high order. The shadow of the mortal nature grows less and less as these worlds are ascended one by one. You are becoming more and more adorable as you leave behind the coarse vestiges of planetary animal origin. "Coming up through great tribulation” serves to make glorified mortals very kind and understanding, very sympathetic and tolerant.

(618.4) 54:6.1 Whatever the difficulties evolutionary mortals may encounter in their efforts to understand the Lucifer rebellion, it should be clear to all reflective thinkers that the technique of dealing with the rebels is a vindication of divine love. The loving mercy extended to the rebels does seem to have involved many innocent beings in trials and tribulations, but all these distraught personalities may securely depend upon the all-wise Judges to adjudicate their destinies in mercy as well as justice.

(619.1) 54:6.4 But one thing should be made clear: If you are made to suffer the evil consequences of the sin of some member of your family, some fellow citizen or fellow mortal, even rebellion in the system or elsewhere — no matter what you may have to endure because of the wrongdoing of your associates, fellows, or superiors — you may rest secure in the eternal assurance that such tribulations are transient afflictions. None of these fraternal consequences of misbehavior in the group can ever jeopardize your eternal prospects or in the least degree deprive you of your divine right of Paradise ascension and God attainment.

(619.2) 54:6.5 And there is compensation for these trials, delays, and disappointments which invariably accompany the sin of rebellion. Of the many valuable repercussions of the Lucifer rebellion which might be named, I will only call attention to the enhanced careers of those mortal ascenders, the Jerusem citizens, who, by withstanding the sophistries of sin, placed themselves in line for becoming future Mighty Messengers, fellows of my own order. Every being who stood the test of that evil episode thereby immediately advanced his administrative status and enhanced his spiritual worth.

(736.6) 65:5.3 The universe of universes, including this small world called Urantia, is not being managed merely to meet our approval nor just to suit our convenience, much less to gratify our whims and satisfy our curiosity. The wise and all-powerful beings who are responsible for universe management undoubtedly know exactly what they are about; and so it becomes Life Carriers and behooves mortal minds to enlist in patient waiting and hearty co-operation with the rule of wisdom, the reign of power, and the march of progress.

(736.7) 65:5.4 There are, of course, certain compensations for tribulation, such as Michael’s bestowal on Urantia. But irrespective of all such considerations, the later celestial supervisors of this planet express complete confidence in the ultimate evolutionary triumph of the human race and in the eventual vindication of our original plans and life patterns.

(1305.4) 118:10.9 Some of the amazingly fortuitous conditions occasionally prevailing on the evolutionary worlds may be due to the gradually emerging presence of the Supreme, the foretasting of his future universe activities. Most of what a mortal would call providential is not; his judgment of such matters is very handicapped by lack of farsighted vision into the true meanings of the circumstances of life. Much of what a mortal would call good luck might really be bad luck; the smile of fortune that bestows unearned leisure and undeserved wealth may be the greatest of human afflictions; the apparent cruelty of a perverse fate that heaps tribulation upon some suffering mortal may in reality be the tempering fire that is transmuting the soft iron of immature personality into the tempered steel of real character.