Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:44 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Evolution
PostPosted:  

Haha I do not claim to have trinitized knowledge. I am proposing that every human individual finalitor may gain such knowledge though. May the path for every ascender as unto the central universe be possible, desirable, and prudent.

Do seraphim have true personality? Wow that is another subject entirely. But isn't it one of the highest goals to assist humans in their journey, or quest, to attain Paradise? How is the challenge differentiation of personality bigger for seraphim than for human individuals, seraphim who are created by the Divine Minister in large clutches, fully formed? Anyhow, I would hope angels to gain the full prerogatives of personality expression, of course I do hope and pray for that in fact! I will have to say that I lack the affirmative experience to know for certain!

Is the personality of a seraphim forged by experience as is ours, over time? Or are you suggesting that every angel is unique, with a distinct personality which is existentially formed? I think that individuation is more of a challenge for seraphim. Would it be more of a challenge for a seraphim to actually become a finalitor than for I to become a finalitor? Perhaps of an equal yoke, in the magnitude of such challenge?

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Read the book and stop proclaiming fictions of ignorance and contradiction...please. Do angels have personality? Are they experiential?

Look it up.

PostPosted:  

Well if personality true in the aspect of an individual seraphim, then it comes from the First Source and Center. My own personality, if it is true that I have one, also come from that Source. Surely, I should not confuse the preplanned amalgams, protocols and universe mandates of the Third Source and Center with something that eventuates uniquely to every sentient being. The seraphim would gain personality through personal challenges, they would have to appeal to the administration for special duties that lend towards this prospect. It is at least a goal of every sentient being to have personality, or to allow that which is derived from the First Source and Center to "have existence". I do not believe I will be able to know experiencially whether the seraphim have personality, how that could be identified, unless myself perception arrive at the mind-level of seraphim, which does not seem to be any time soon. As now, the ministry of seraphim is mostly abstract, and though I may acknowledge on a rational level that I may receive such ministry, it is not fully sensible to me. I know that beings of the Third Source and Center may gain personality, but how? by helping each of we to establish Father-Creator Prerogative, as it may have been intended by the First Source and Center, originally. But look there are many avenues of spiritual personality progress for seraphim, and we should also try to make the idea of becoming a finalitor seem realistic for Children, improve the possibilities for every citizen, and then as this possibility expands, also seraphim will not themselves languish in the task of uplifting human minds, helping us to become self-directed sentient individual spirits as ascender.

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
Why does Urantia have an archangel circuit?

That's a good question. The archangels are concerned with the ascension scheme and are not involved with material evolution. It might be said that they are in evolved in soul evolution as it pertains to ascension. But more importantly, it is written that the presence of an archangel divisional headquarters on this world has something to do with Jesus' second coming. That is rather exciting. Reference:

(409.1) 37:3.4 Do you grasp the significance of the fact that your lowly and confused planet has become a divisional headquarters for the universe administration and direction of certain archangel activities having to do with the Paradise ascension scheme? This undoubtedly presages the future concentration of other ascendant activities on the bestowal world of Michael and lends a tremendous and solemn import to the Master’s personal promise, “I will come again.”

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
Is the personality of a seraphim forged by experience as is ours, over time?

Angels are gifted with personality the moment they are created. And yes, they are experiential beings with unique personalities. Actually, there is no such thing as a non-unique personality. There are no duplicates when it comes to personality.

(426.11) 39:0.11 Seraphim must acquire knowledge and gain experience much as do human beings. They are not far removed from you in certain personality attributes. And they all crave to start at the bottom, on the lowest possible level of ministry; thus may they hope to achieve the highest possible level of experiential destiny.

(1225.12) 112:0.12 10. Personality is unique, absolutely unique: It is unique in time and space; it is unique in eternity and on Paradise; it is unique when bestowed — there are no duplicates; it is unique during every moment of existence; it is unique in relation to God — he is no respecter of persons, but neither does he add them together, for they are nonaddable — they are associable but nontotalable.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
The adjutants are done and have finished their ministry as soon as all 7 are connected and they then are handing off the baton of personal and spiritual progress and transformation to those ministering spirits.

Are you saying that once all seven adjutants make contact with the mind of a personality they no longer function in, or minister to, that particular mind? Surely you don't mean that! How does the material mind function if the adjutants are "done" and "finished"?

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
Well if personality true in the aspect of an individual seraphim, then it comes from the First Source and Center. My own personality, if it is true that I have one, also come from that Source. Surely, I should not confuse the preplanned amalgams, protocols and universe mandates of the Third Source and Center with something that eventuates uniquely to every sentient being. The seraphim would gain personality through personal challenges, they would have to appeal to the administration for special duties that lend towards this prospect. It is at least a goal of every sentient being to have personality, or to allow that which is derived from the First Source and Center to "have existence". I do not believe I will be able to know experiencially whether the seraphim have personality, how that could be identified, unless myself perception arrive at the mind-level of seraphim, which does not seem to be any time soon. As now, the ministry of seraphim is mostly abstract, and though I may acknowledge on a rational level that I may receive such ministry, it is not fully sensible to me. I know that beings of the Third Source and Center may gain personality, but how? by helping each of we to establish Father-Creator Prerogative, as it may have been intended by the First Source and Center, originally. But look there are many avenues of spiritual personality progress for seraphim, and we should also try to make the idea of becoming a finalitor seem realistic for Children, improve the possibilities for every citizen, and then as this possibility expands, also seraphim will not themselves languish in the task of uplifting human minds, helping us to become self-directed sentient individual spirits as ascender.

All wrong....again! I would think anyone, anyone at all, who might know and understand so little about something might actually ask a question once in awhile instead of just continuing to demonstrate such profound ignorance. But alas, not Stephen.

No personality eventuates. All personality comes from the same source. That source is the First Source and Center and not the Third. Personality is replete and changeless. Experience and expression and relationship, EACH AND ALL, requires personality FIRST AND PRIOR. Personality is not a goal of any being anywhere ever. And the ministry of the seraphim are well described in the UB which again demonstrates how little you read and study the text.

I'll add these 7 misrepresentations and falsehoods posted by you in this single paragraph with the 11 already listed from earlier posts...that's 18 contradictions to the UB here. There are others too...but too numerous to track thm all.

Are you sure you don't think you should take the time to read the UB before proclaiming your ignorance?? Or maybe ask some questions? If only you were here to learn rather than proclaim fictions and falsehoods. Good grief.

:roll:

PostPosted:  

katroofjebus wrote:
fanofVan wrote:
The adjutants are done and have finished their ministry as soon as all 7 are connected and they then are handing off the baton of personal and spiritual progress and transformation to those ministering spirits.

Are you saying that once all seven adjutants make contact with the mind of a personality they no longer function in, or minister to, that particular mind? Surely you don't mean that! How does the material mind function if the adjutants are "done" and "finished"?

What I meant to say and do was agree with 110:6.20 as posted by Makalu in his response to my post. The adjutants begin the weaning process beginning with the birth of soul...if not before.

I also meant to recognize that the adjutants have achieved their planetary and world evolutionary goal of co-creating a sentient being and once inhabited such an achievement results in a transfer and transition of ministries and administration. The work of the adjutants becomes more personalized I think once the higher two are actually and functionally engaged.

The singular purpose of mortal life is the spiritual transformation and spiritization of mind experience. The agents of the evolutionary personal religious experience (the adjutants) prepare the experiential mortal mind for the revelationary religious experience of the Spirit Ministry. Once the mortal mind acquires the third circle, the transitional transfer of religious influence is well progressed and the mortal is successfully transferring the seat of their personal identity. Or so I understand.

:smile:

Last edited by fanofVan on Wed May 01, 2019 6:21 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

Makalu wrote:
the co-ordination of the seven under the spirit of worship makes the mind ready for a TA but that isn't the end of their work:

I believe it is the spirit of wisdom who does the coordinating of all the other adjutants. But I agree that its work is vital to the continued growth of the soul. The adjutants are not "done" or "finished". Wisdom is the highest level of material thought and is responsible for both initiating and maintaining soul growth. Reference:

36:5.12 7. The spirit of wisdom - the inherent tendency of all moral creatures towards orderly and progressive evolutionary advancement. This is the highest of the adjutants, the spirit co-ordinator and articulator of the work of all the others. This spirit is the secret of that inborn urge of mind creatures which initiates and maintains the practical and effective program of the ascending scale of existence; that gift of living things which accounts for their inexplicable ability to survive and, in survival, to utilize the co-ordination of all their past experience and present opportunities for the acquisition of all of everything that all of the other six mental ministers can mobilize in the mind of the organism concerned. Wisdom is the acme of intellectual performance. Wisdom is the goal of a purely mental and moral existence.

PostPosted:  

yeah that's a typo...had to read it a few times here now before i "saw" it...thought wisdom but typed worship <shrugs>

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
The singular purpose of mortal life is the spiritual transformation and spiritization of mind experience.

I think the purpose of life is to develop a well-balanced personality. The cosmic circles are circles of personality realization.

(2086.3) 195:10.17 The purpose of all education should be to foster and further the supreme purpose of life, the development of a majestic and well-balanced personality.

(1209.1) 110:6.1 The sum total of personality realization on a material world is contained within the successive conquest of the seven psychic circles of mortal potentiality.

PostPosted:  

Makalu wrote:
yeah that's a typo...had to read it a few times here now before i "saw" it...thought wisdom but typed worship <shrugs>

I'm glad I'm not the only who does that. Sometimes I don't see my mistakes for years. I somehow just read around them and let my mind fill in what I really meant not even realizing that I'm doing it.

PostPosted:  

All experiential beings acquire wisdom as does soul...and without adjutants. Adjutants are not the source of wisdom but one agent and influence of acquiring it I think.

What of mortal wisdom acquirement by superconcsious connection to revelation and cosmic mind? Is that dependent on adjutant ministry?

PostPosted:  

katroofjebus wrote:
fanofVan wrote:
The singular purpose of mortal life is the spiritual transformation and spiritization of mind experience.

I think the purpose of life is to develop a well-balanced personality. The cosmic circles are circles of personality realization.

(2086.3) 195:10.17 The purpose of all education should be to foster and further the supreme purpose of life, the development of a majestic and well-balanced personality.

(1209.1) 110:6.1 The sum total of personality realization on a material world is contained within the successive conquest of the seven psychic circles of mortal potentiality.

I think we are in full agreement...or mostly so. Can we develop or realize personal potential without spiritual progress and transformation and spiritization? No we cannot. Are not the 7 Circles of Progress a measure of spiritualization?

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
All experiential beings acquire wisdom as does soul...and without adjutants.

The role of the adjutant of wisdom is critical to both soul birth and growth, as is explained in this reference to the ascending scale of existence:

(402.9) 36:5.12 7. The spirit of wisdom - the inherent tendency of all moral creatures towards orderly and progressive evolutionary advancement. This is the highest of the adjutants, the spirit co-ordinator and articulator of the work of all the others. This spirit is the secret of that inborn urge of mind creatures which initiates and maintains the practical and effective program of the ascending scale of existence; that gift of living things which accounts for their inexplicable ability to survive and, in survival, to utilize the co-ordination of all their past experience and present opportunities for the acquisition of all of everything that all of the other six mental ministers can mobilize in the mind of the organism concerned. Wisdom is the acme of intellectual performance. Wisdom is the goal of a purely mental and moral existence.

In the following reference it is explained that adjutant mind, soul and spirit are functionally interassociated. They depend upon one another. The soul has a dual source of growth, and one of those sources is an adjutant mind under the coordination of the spirit of wisdom whose ministry overlaps with the ministry of the Holy Spirit. Without the moral soil, the recognition of right and wrong, the cosmic intuition of duty, the personality would have nothing to chose from, the soul would be denied material input to cocreate morontia substance.

(1142.1) 103:9.10 When reason once recognizes right and wrong, it exhibits wisdom; when wisdom chooses between right and wrong, truth and error, it demonstrates spirit leading. And thus are the functions of mind, soul, and spirit ever closely united and functionally interassociated. Reason deals with factual knowledge; wisdom, with philosophy and revelation; faith, with living spiritual experience. Through truth man attains beauty and by spiritual love ascends to goodness.

In the next reference it is written that the soul reflects the actions made by the material mind under the tutelage of the seven adjutants under the direction of wisdom. Wisdom is critical to soul progress, but it is not critical for survival.

(1237.1) 112:6.9 The soul of survival value faithfully reflects both the qualitative and the quantitative actions and motivations of the material intellect, the former seat of the identity of selfhood. In the choosing of truth, beauty, and goodness, the mortal mind enters upon its premorontia universe career under the tutelage of the seven adjutant mind-spirits unified under the direction of the spirit of wisdom. Subsequently, upon the completion of the seven circles of premorontia attainment, the superimposition of the endowment of morontia mind upon adjutant mind initiates the prespiritual or morontia career of local universe progression.

65:8.4 Although survival may not depend on the possession of knowledge and wisdom, progression most certainly does.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next