Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:49 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: New urantia book
PostPosted:  

Is there a new urantia book coming out? A comment in truthbook referred to such. Or did I misunderstand?...Liz

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: New urantia book
PostPosted:  

Liz wrote:
Is there a new urantia book coming out? A comment in truthbook referred to such. Or did I misunderstand?...Liz

New? Now that is a disturbing thought.
That is unless it could be a reprint of the original unedited version.

PostPosted:  

From time to time there has been someone who posts on here that they are involved in a new addendum or second version or sequel or what-have-you of the Urantia Book. They have always been charlatans.

The idea of a new Urantia Book raises an interesting topic for discussion, though, in terms of the following hypothetical: If there WERE a new Urantia Book, what would you hope/ want/ expect to find in it?

The Urantia Book we study here is like holding the universe seven universes plus and beyond in our hands. It explains God; Heaven; the soul; evil; Truth, Beauty and Goodness; the origins of earth of its creatures; the destiny of earth and of its creatures. It provides a role model for a life perfectly lived, from birth to death! What joy! ....

.... Ahem. So, as I was saying, what more could we need?

PostPosted:  

I have reread the truthbook posting and see I made an error....apparently there is a new book coming out titled The Untold Story of Jesus. Perhaps the paintings that are being done will be in the book. I apologize for the misunderstanding. Liz

PostPosted:  

Hi liz, and all...

Yes, there is a new book coming out very soon. It is called The Untold Story of Jesus: A Modern Biography from The Urantia Book. and it is based on Part IV of The Urantia Book.

We are all very excited about it. It's been over ten years in the making. And yes, it does showcase the new Jesus paintings that have been building up for all those years. But there are many more paintings included, too...over 100 paintings in all. So, it is a picture book as well as a story book. Here's the latest painting announcement, sent out this week:

https://truthbook.com/newsletter/the-family-garden

We'll be keeping you posted about it. Right now, we are waiting for the first hard copies to arrive...in the meantime, if you have not seen the collection of paintings so far, please visit! There's a lot to see in our Gallery.

https://truthbook.com/religious-art-gallery

maryjo