Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:06 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Hello everybody,

I'm new in the forum. I live in belgium.
In 2017, I began to read the Urantia Book. I was surprised to read the story about Adam & Eve, the sin, people of Nod, sumérians and seeing the concordance with the book of Bible concordance. So, that's why I believe that the Urantia book is the latest true revelation about main knowlegge of universe, origin of humans and spirits.

My question is the following :

I red that Lucifer and Satan are kept in jail in waiting their judgment.
So, he stays Caligastia, THE DEVIL.

Does he still act with the dark forces before being imprisoned ?

In the the book of revelations from Jean, it's written :

Quote:
And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
Quote:

So, you can read that's it's mentionned Satan and not Caligastia (maybe an error).

An other verse is the following :

Quote:
Revelations 13 - 1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

4 And they worshipped the dragon (alias the devil - Caligastia) which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.
Quote:

I think that Caligastia (at the end of the times) will influence a political leader. That's the beast who comes from the sea; so called the antéchrist, the sons of iniquity.

Thanks for your responses !

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Greetings Truthseeker!! And welcome! I hope you will find this place a friendly and informative resource for all such inquiries. And I wish you well in your reading of the Papers. Sounds like you're off to a good start. Excellent.

The Devil/Caligastia's fate and current powers are not clearly articulated in the UB. He does still reside on the planet but he is alone and is able, I think, to still perform some mischief. However, he cannot enter any minds of people without their willing consent and invitation and he is opposed by all the forces of our world's helpers, leaders, and rulers (celestial and Divine). Caligastia is not helping our world achieve peace and prosperity, but we are advised we are not to blame him for the consequences and repercussions of the bad choices of our own free will...either individually or collectively.

While it my be true that, as you say, Caligastia finds a willing politician and world leader willing to enter such a deal with the devil and cause misfortune and mischief, I wonder if greed and hate and fear and ego and racism and sexism and self importance are not enough to cause the world great harm and risk and obstacles to overcome without fearing too much about this toothless devil who is really someone to pity and pray for...a one time brilliant personality selected to rule a world and lead it by example to its destiny of Light and Life. I hope and pray for his reform, repentance, and return to eternal status as a Son of God. Now THAT would make a greater story of redemption and the power of love!!

My opinion, and it is only that, is that all the planetary princes who rebelled (35 I think?) are left on their one time kingdom, alone and isolated and friendless and toothless, rather than being interred like Lucifer, Satan, and the other rebellion leaders, to suffer and be an example to all others of the failure of sin and iniquity. When that season ends and how is not revealed.

All such rebels, we are taught, may still be rehabilitated and receive full pardon and regain the embrace of love and eternity....although the UB says the common opinion among many is that they probably will not if not by now/already. Forgiveness remains available until personal choice results in self annhilation by becoming personally irrelevant to reality...suicidal erasure of being. Such beings are not destroyed by the gods but by their own choices.

There are no other "dark forces" on our world or in heaven. The rebellion is over. We must deal with the repercussions of the rebellion and its sin and iniquity and consequences...which are diluted by time and overwhelmed by the forces of love, truth, beauty, and goodness. Indeed, the UB teaches that by the time of writing, the amount of good, in response to rebellion, was over 1,000 times greater than all the bad which has been suffered. Like a viral infection, the body of creation is strengthened by the immunity response which prevails and triumphs over the short term suffering and disease. Innoculation strengthens and improves the system.

Free will is the "dark force" we must tame and spiritualize to realize the potential of our dual natures and our heritage and our destiny. Almost all mortal suffering is a result of free will exercised by the self centered, the fearful, the immature, and the ignorant humans who enjoy absolute free will to choose for themselves their own motives, intentions, priorities, and actions. Better choices = better results! Simple. But not so easy! We progress by the evolutionary struggle to gain experience and wisdom and listening to the Spirit within to realize potential. We must earn peace and prosperity. It is a result, not a hand out!

Again....welcome and best wishes! What I wrote is my opinion and recall of what the UB teaches...but text is always best - see below! However, as a newer reader, perhaps you might post text and ask questions about what you are reading? I'd hate to derail or distract your own reading format and timing and topics by taking you to areas of the text willy nilly. Let us know how we can help you in your studies and reading.

Bradly 8)

54:0.2 (613.2) The Gods neither create evil nor permit sin and rebellion. Potential evil is time-existent in a universe embracing differential levels of perfection meanings and values. Sin is potential in all realms where imperfect beings are endowed with the ability to choose between good and evil. The very conflicting presence of truth and untruth, fact and falsehood, constitutes the potentiality of error. The deliberate choice of evil constitutes sin; the willful rejection of truth is error; the persistent pursuit of sin and error is iniquity.

54:1.4 (613.6) Liberty is suicidal when divorced from material justice, intellectual fairness, social forbearance, moral duty, and spiritual values. Liberty is nonexistent apart from cosmic reality, and all personality reality is proportional to its divinity relationships.

54:1.5 (613.7) Unbridled self-will and unregulated self-expression equal unmitigated selfishness, the acme of ungodliness. Liberty without the associated and ever-increasing conquest of self is a figment of egoistic mortal imagination. Self-motivated liberty is a conceptual illusion, a cruel deception. License masquerading in the garments of liberty is the forerunner of abject bondage.

54:3.1 (615.3) The moral will creatures of the evolutionary worlds are always bothered with the unthinking question as to why the all-wise Creators permit evil and sin. They fail to comprehend that both are inevitable if the creature is to be truly free. The free will of evolving man or exquisite angel is not a mere philosophic concept, a symbolic ideal. Man’s ability to choose good or evil is a universe reality. This liberty to choose for oneself is an endowment of the Supreme Rulers, and they will not permit any being or group of beings to deprive a single personality in the wide universe of this divinely bestowed liberty—not even to satisfy such misguided and ignorant beings in the enjoyment of this misnamed personal liberty.

54:5.1 (617.1) Of the many reasons known to me as to why Lucifer and his confederates were not sooner interned or adjudicated, I am permitted to recite the following:

54:5.2 (617.2) 1. Mercy requires that every wrongdoer have sufficient time in which to formulate a
deliberate and fully chosen attitude regarding his evil thoughts and sinful acts.

54:5.3 (617.3) 2. Supreme justice is dominated by a Father’s love; therefore will justice never destroy that which mercy can save. Time to accept salvation is vouchsafed every evildoer.

54:6.6 (619.3) At first the Lucifer upheaval appeared to be an unmitigated calamity to the system and to the universe. Gradually benefits began to accrue. With the passing of twenty-five thousand years of system time (twenty thousand years of Urantia time), the Melchizedeks began to teach that the good resulting from Lucifer’s folly had come to equal the evil incurred. The sum of evil had by that time become almost stationary, continuing to increase only on certain isolated worlds, while the beneficial repercussions continued to multiply and extend out through the universe and superuniverse, even to Havona. The Melchizedeks now teach that the good resulting from the Satania rebellion is more than a thousand times the sum of all the evil.

PostPosted:  

Welcome truthseeker,
Thank you for starting a thread and discussion in this very interesting, and often baffling topic of Caligastia - Satan - Lucifer. Bradly provided an excellent set of references to get you started.

I look forward to hearing more from you on the forum. Enjoy your studies!