Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:35 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Revelation informs us Machiventa Melchizedek was the most influential person in Urantia's history, after Jesus of course. He incarnated and taught for 94 years, then disappeared without a word. Abraham was devastated.

...Machiventa retired one night to his tent at Salem, having said good night to his human companions, and when they went to call him in the morning, he was not there, for his fellows had taken him.... 93:8.1 (1022.3)

Ever wonder what happened to his body? His clothes, his tri-circled emblem?

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Hmm, innnnnteresting. I hadn't wondered about it before, but I am now!

PostPosted:  

Agon D. Onter wrote:
Hmm, innnnnteresting. I hadn't wondered about it before, but I am now!

Yeah, we can conjecture that the same technique that was used on Jesus' shell was employed in Mach's case. Seems like they wouldn't want to leave behind anything that humans would relic-ize. Who? Us?! :)

PostPosted:  

Without reference checking I'm sure MM went as he came - with a special body designed without a human mother. "Translation" from one realm to another might be accurate, but I'm sure nothing of him or his possessions were left behind for us monkeys to idolize or obsess over. That sound right, Van?

PostPosted:  

Greetings gizmo...and friends. Yes...sounds right. Although Big Mac's incarnation was very rare (only 6 times in Nebadon history), the materialization and dematerialization techniques employed are common enough by multiple celestial beings. These include the Magisterial and Bestowal missions of the Paradise Sons (only one of which is begun by natural birth as a babe - per evolutionary world), the Material Sons and Daughters bestowals, and the Prince's corporeal staff...at least.

I think the dematerialization of the physical body may simply be the abrogation or acceleration of time used for the wedding wine. Or perhaps a friction technique of flash burning? But just conjecture. And yes, mortals will make a fetish of anything and everything possible. We are a funny bunch of monkeys indeed!

93:2.6 (1015.6) Though Machiventa lived after the manner of the men of the realm, he never married, nor could he have left offspring on earth. His physical body, while resembling that of the human male, was in reality on the order of those especially constructed bodies used by the one hundred materialized members of Prince Caligastia’s staff except that it did not carry the life plasm of any human race. Nor was there available on Urantia the tree of life. Had Machiventa remained for any long period on earth, his physical mechanism would have gradually deteriorated; as it was, he terminated his bestowal mission in ninety-four years long before his material body had begun to disintegrate.