Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:14 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Rexford wrote:
How many people have misread it, missed entire pieces of it, used the wrong definition for a word, or failed to tie parts of it together? Too many to mention. In addition, there are many times when a second or third read uncovers previously unnoticed material. Even after almost sixty years of reading, I continue to find new material I had overlooked. So no, there is no way anyone can say that if they read it they know it.

You can only speak for yourself. The problem you describe is a memory issue. All of the reading was done and inputed in the mind. Retrieval is the problem. Faulty recollection is a matter of incompleteness of recognition, not a discovery of new material. I am speaking in generalities and not about you in particular.

Rexford wrote:
Logic can only lead you to one place, and that place is that after sixty years, there are always new things to discover.

Not from a book that has not been revised or added to in any way.

Rexford wrote:
The Revelation is a gift and it is a gift that keeps on giving. It is supposed to last a millennium, which means it must have enough to feed hungry souls for a very long time. It has been feeding mine with truth for sixty years. Sorry if that bothers you so much.

I disagree. TUB is a one time gift. Unless you believe TUB to be infinite and absolute. The TA is the gift that keeps on giving. Nod is simply bothered that you confuse the two gifts. BTW, a millennium is barely a blip in time. Which one will sustain you in eternity? You cannot serve two Masters.

109:5.4 The great problem of life is the adjustment of the ancestral tendencies of living to the demands of the spiritual urges initiated by the divine presence of the Mystery Monitor. While in the universe and superuniverse careers no man can serve two masters, in the life you now live on Urantia every man must perforce serve two masters. He must become adept in the art of a continuous human temporal compromise while he yields spiritual allegiance to but one master; and this is why so many falter and fail, grow weary and succumb to the stress of the evolutionary struggle.

While intensive study can grow tiresome, The Master's yolk is easy to bear. He has meat to eat that you know not of.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

It might be interesting to discuss the definition of "Perfect Beings". In time and space creation, there are few "trinitized" beings created within the Central/Divine Universe. All beings created by the Creator Son(s) and the Mother Spirit are experiential beings....NOT created "Perfect".

I'll be back with more on trinitized beings, who are also not "perfect" and also perfect over time and by experience....I think. But we are told that every level of created beings has its own experience with the potential of error/evil in free will choices. For example only the Lanonandeks and lower orders have ever succumbed to rebellion and sin. Why so I wonder?

:wink: 8)

Profile Send private message