Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:57 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next
Author Message
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:29 am +0000
Posts: 3724
Jim George wrote:
On July 1, I made the following statement. “I have absolute confidence in my being watched over by a Guardian of Destiny.” Now it seems this has caused some confusion and has become a focus of discord among some. So far, no one has asked me how I know that. Maybe it isn’t important enough to be a part of the discussion, in as much as merely dissenting is easier and requires no substantiation. Next it is even implied that I have claimed in this and other statements, moral and spiritual superiority.

I have made no claim of superiority, never have and never will. It is my avowed purpose in life to do the will of God, not merely know the intellectual meaning of that statement. But doing the will of God means to me personally that I must allow God to illuminate my inner being and make such corrections as HE deems appropriate. When I have made those corrections and have achieved the realization of what HE was showing me, I count that as the conclusive evidence that demands a circle making decision, a decision of acceptance that HE has communicated with me and I CHOOSE (decision) to accept it by faith. And then I move on. I repeat that process ad infinitum until I discover myself looking at a whole new perspective and find myself being led back again over my personality to deal with GOD’s issues with me one more time. Each “lap” around the track of my personality reveals a greater depth of comprehension of God’s guidance. I have chosen to see this process as similar to what my understanding of the Urantia Book’s description of the cosmic circles is so I made the statement I posted on July 1st.

As such I will not disavow the growth God has enabled me to realize. Such a sense of spiritual success is not moral and spiritual superiority but denying what God has done I will not do.

We all claim to be readers of a book known as the Urantia Book. This book claims to have been presented to the “mortals of Urantia” by unseen and supposedly angelic beings from not just another planet, but another dimension. According to this world’s standards, by that very fact alone, we are deemed to be out in left field. Now, we know the fact of the book is real, at least by the fact that we can touch it, but some readers in this group question the authenticity of its source and purpose. That is fine with me, questioning is good. Those of us who do accept the fact of it as well as its stated source and authenticity also fall into two apparent groups, those who rely on the book and our own understanding of it as the source of authority and those who rely on personal spiritual experience with the same beings who wrote the book and exactly as described in the book as the authority and validation of the book. Further, those who rely on the authority of personal understanding also seem to deny that the actualization of the teachings of the book by any individual who makes any claim of spiritual success is inherently unacceptable. Is it that this idea of real spiritual success is just too foreign to the mortal mind? I don’t know. It seems like even though some revere the book they still believe, “it can’t happen here.” Most Christians I know see things the same way. They simply cannot accept that God would actually deal with anyone in the here and now like he did in the past. Why not? I don’t know.

Well even though no one asked directly, I am going to explain why I made the claim of oversight by a Destiny Guardian Seraphim. Let’s start here in the Urantia Book.

113:2.1 Seraphim are not known as guardians of destiny until such time as they are assigned to the association of a human soul who has realized one or more of three achievements: has made a supreme decision to become Godlike, has entered the third circle, or has been mustered into one of the reserve corps of destiny.

Get that, “a human soul who has realized one or more of three achievements”? Implied in this is at least the potential of the awareness by such an individual of realization of such an event. I suppose there are some among the readership would, before God himself, make such a claim as one of these even if it were not true and, yes, I am conscious of some who have made claims as are being challenged here. But let’s look more deeply into this. Just say I make one of the following claims. “I have made the SUPREME COMITMENT TO BECOME GODLIKE”. Am I not going to have to look God in the eye and know I am lying? Or, “I have EXPERIENCE AND VERIFICATION that I have entered the Third Circle.” Or, “I know I have been inducted into a Reserve Corps of Destiny”, when I know of no such thing in real experience. It is God to whom we will have to answer for these. Why is it so comforting for us to be able to disbelieve these claims and so uncomfortable to believe them? This is not “Look at me I am on a pedestal” stuff I am talking about, this is stuff we should all be doing. Which of us isn’t interested in achieving the third circle? Which of us is uninterested in making the supreme commitment? Would any of you reject the assignment of a reserve corps? So, if it is true, why would the readership reject it in another? Shouldn’t we be cheering? The success of one is the success of all, isn’t it? If it happens that the event didn’t actually happen then the description of the experience of the event would be fallacious. On the other hand, if it is true the explanation would be supported by the rest of the book as well as the life of the individual.

Here is what I know. In July 1970, I met Jesus in spirit, but in person, while walking on a street in Boulder. Visions, yes, physical presence, no; I was shown the eternal way and I completely committed my life to following him. I was so completely changed that I experienced the fullness of what the Urantia Book explains in 100:5.4. “When the mental mobilization is absolutely total on any level of the psychic upreach toward spirit attainment, when there exists perfection of the human motivation of loyalties to the divine idea, then there very often occurs a sudden down-grasp of the indwelling spirit to synchronize with the concentrated and consecrated purpose of the superconscious mind of the believing mortal. And it is such experiences of unified intellectual and spiritual phenomena that constitute the conversion which consists in factors over and above purely psychologic involvement.” That was my supreme commitment and the basis for my claim. I have much more supporting experiential documentation if you like. According to the book many others have had similar experiences while many have not. It is not in my purview to make such a claim for others. I am not asking anybody to believe me but I will not deny what I know to be true. I have made a Supreme Commitment and I will go to my grave before I will deny that before man or God. Therefore I have a Guardian of Destiny according to the Urantia Book.

Besides, whether I am assisted by a Guardian of Destiny now or have the ministry of a group Guardian, my statement is equally true. The same is true for all of you who read this. We are all assisted by Guardian Angels. We are all on the road to eternity.

One thing I see, in fact one thing we all see in tadpoles is change. If we can’t expect to see real spiritual growth in our own beings, how can we expect to know if we are able to see it in others? If we can’t see our progress on the road from where we are, we must move, we mustn’t blame others.

Jim


Thank you Jim for the source of your claim of achieving the third circle and receiving a Personal Guardian. If your understanding is correct, then I too and many others, have attained such. I have made such a commitment, long ago, and as you say there is much progress in the spirit and in maturity and experiential wisdom I can claim for one may recognize growth if not the growing and I have no knowledge of any specificity as to the amount by weight or measure achieved or that still to come. I do find it interesting that you claim to be no circle counter and then count them and explain the measure and the count but that's another issue.

I think a key word search for "reborn", "rebirth", and "born again" would be very helpful in this discussion for us all. For there you will note that being born again coincides with your experience. But I'm not so sure this is the same as meant by: "supreme commitment". I would like to explore how these different experiences, all of which contribute to soul and circle progress, might relate to the topic at hand: "Circle Making Decisions".

Frankly, I have always been a little confused by the sequence and import of successive stages and levels of being born in the spirit and reborn or born again within the topic of circle progress and soul development. And when does our mind become aware of soul and how does that accelerate progress?

I don't think I agree with your two groups theory. I've known many UB students over the decades and I would say that all sincere truth seekers who find God within certainly may lay claim to personal spiritual experiences in addition relying on the text gifted to us as fact and truth to reduce confusion and eliminate error. I've not encountered any such "either or" categorization ever. Intellectualism does not deliver growth or experience or wisdom or progress as any student worthy of the word "student" certainly knows.

There again, judgements of others and categorizations that are false on their very premise. Disturbing. Who denies spiritual success and progress? Within themselves or others? Preposterous....and red herring. You have made claims as to your status and now make claims as to other's blindness and lack of worth and reality alignment. That's the problem with circle counters, it seems to elevate the view which becomes downward upon those who do not meet personal standards or definitions of progress. Because I do not describe my personal religious experiences, then I do not have them? A fantastic presumption.

You say: "Besides, whether I am assisted by a Guardian of Destiny now or have the ministry of a group Guardian, my statement is equally true. The same is true for all of you who read this. We are all assisted by Guardian Angels. We are all on the road to eternity.

One thing I see, in fact one thing we all see in tadpoles is change. If we can’t expect to see real spiritual growth in our own beings, how can we expect to know if we are able to see it in others? If we can’t see our progress on the road from where we are, we must move, we mustn’t blame others."

Me here: I heartily agree we all have the assistance of the guardian angels and we are all on the road to eternity (and most I think will make the whole journey). Are we expected to "see it in others"? Growth and progress that is....where is the need or advice to measure others' growth found? And who is blaming anyone that we "can't see our progress"? Confounding. And who has claimed they cannot see any progress or spiritual experience since first finding God within and changing our very motives for living and our daily intentions and priorities? Any tadpole knows of the differences in perspective and confidence and can enjoy and recognize the fruits of such spiritual growth over time by the choices we make and how those choices change BY spiritual progress itself.

Such knowledge and experience does not mean the same thing as claims of measuring and weighing such progress. Progress is progressive...there is more than before and more still to come, so what does this particular point-in-time and progress have to do with anything at all? It is not the speed of progress nor the point of progress but the fact of progress. It is not what we are but what we strive to be. It is not the distance traveled but the direction of travel and ultimate destination (destiny) that matters. And this fact demonstrates the lunacy and danger of counting circles! Fusion is far in the future. Paradise even much further. We have barely begun the journey and adventure to come. Shall we measure every inch of the trip on this "road to eternity"?

Thanks again for the additional details and perspective. And thanks again SEla for the topic. As I said, very interesting!

8)


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:02 am +0000
Posts: 1369
My car has a fuel guage. It measures how much fuel is in the tank. So I use it. That way I won't be on the side of the road, caught without gas.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:23 am +0000
Posts: 818
Greetings Jim George,

You wrote:
Jim George wrote:
Again you pick a point of detail to draw an inaccurate conclusion. It seems like you deliberately intend to misunderstand me. Why? Such a manner is hardly productive. Why would you not attempt to assist my understanding?


No, I am not deliberately misunderstanding you. You asked this question: "Are you actually saying we mustn't be aware of our growth?" My answer is that growth is unconscious, therefore you would not be aware of your own growth. I am attempting to assist your understanding by supplying two quotes by a higher source in case you did not understand or accept what I had said. Your observation of having grown to over 6 feet is an awareness that you grew at sometime, but awareness of the growth itself, as it is happening, is not possible. That is my point, nothing more.

Jim George wrote:
It is your manner that is so very offensive. This is why I say you are blind to your own actions. If I am in error and you are acting in the abrasive manner you are intentionally, then I apologize and simply say that to me this process of yours is unbecoming.


I am very sorry that you find my manner of writing and conversing so offensive. Offensive means that I hurt your feelings and make you upset, angry and insult your sensitivities. I sincerely have no intention to be abrasive to you, I have no intention of disrespecting your feelings and provoking your anger either. Why you think I would even consider doing such things, I cannot say. Perhaps you are not used to someone willing to go so deeply into a subject as I am. But, how is that offensive?

In Friendship,
Rexford


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:23 am +0000
Posts: 818
Greetings nod,

You wrote:
nodAmanaV wrote:
And BTW, I don't mind the mud on my trousers from your rear wheels because the next time, I know if I end up in the mud, it will be you that comes to my rescue if you're nearby. It's called the buddy system!


Jesus said to not only go the first mile, but the second as well. Going the extra mile means that you do not expect to get something in return. The fact that you give me a push out of the mud because you expect me to do the same for you someday is not what Jesus taught, and it certainly is not selfless service.

In winning souls for the Master, it is not the first mile of compulsion, duty, or convention that will transform man and his world, but rather the second mile of free service and liberty-loving devotion that betokens the Jesusonian reaching forth to grasp his brother in love and sweep him on under spiritual guidance toward the higher and divine goal of mortal existence. Christianity even now willingly goes the first mile, but mankind languishes and stumbles along in moral darkness because there are so few genuine second-milers—so few professed followers of Jesus who really live and love as he taught his disciples to live and love and serve. 195:10:5

Your buddy,
Rexford


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:02 am +0000
Posts: 1369
Rexford wrote:
Jesus said to not only go the first mile, but the second as well. Going the extra mile means that you do not expect to get something in return. The fact that you give me a push out of the mud because you expect me to do the same for you someday is not what Jesus taught, and it certainly is not selfless service.

Yes, you're right, you did not understand my writing. But Rexford, did you really misunderstand?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:59 pm +0000
Posts: 330
Location: North Dakota
I would like to address your last point. I used the words "offensive". I did not define it except to use the word "abrasive". Forgive my lack of thorough explanation but the word "offensive" was meant to describe the same as contestive as in offense and defense; meaning making a contest of every discussion. I attempt to and appreciate more the process of collaboration, the idea of consensus building rather than contest. But that as you say is your way and you do not mean to be offensive in your definition. I accept that. To me it is like having someone bump into you when they are talking. It is simply annoying. So going forward and since you are tough minded as you say, I will simply say "Rex, back off a minute. Give me some space." And with that you can understand that you are bumping me and I am asking you to not do it. Is that acceptable? And by the way, abrasive also is a contestive form of close contact in that it is surface altering. I am more than willing to openly evaluate my life with you all but prefer to do it without being pushed around and roughed up unnecessarily. I understand you feel the same since you object to my doing it to you.

And to you and Brad both. I am an identical twin. My brother and I have no word in our vocabulary for private life. I realize others do but God has never asked me to keep my life with him private. I guess I didn't know that it was he that asked that of anybody. I thought people just did it because they were afraid to come clean deep inside for fear of ridicule or something like that. Nothing in the Urantia Book implies that our Father wants us to be private with each other, does it? Please show me where and I will stand corrected.

Jim


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:23 am +0000
Posts: 818
Greetings nod,

You wrote:
nodAmanaV wrote:
Yes, you're right, you did not understand my writing. But Rexford, did you really misunderstand?


Do you really mean to be so suspicious of my motives? Are you really so distrustful? Jesus warned against falling into such entanglements.

You are all the children of light; therefore stumble not into the misunderstanding entanglements of mortal suspicion and human intolerance. If you are ennobled, by the grace of faith, to love unbelievers, should you not also equally love those who are your fellow believers in the far-spreading household of faith? Remember, as you love one another, all men will know that you are my disciples. 191:4:3

All physical poisons greatly retard the efforts of the Adjuster to exalt the material mind, while the mental poisons of fear, anger, envy, jealousy, suspicion, and intolerance likewise tremendously interfere with the spiritual progress of the evolving soul. 110:1:5

"Happy are the pure in heart, for they shall see God." Spiritual purity is not a negative quality, except that it does lack suspicion and revenge. 140:5.12


Your buddy,
Rexford


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:02 am +0000
Posts: 1369
nodAmanaV wrote:
And BTW, I don't mind the mud on my trousers from your rear wheels because the next time, I know if I end up in the mud, it will be you that comes to my rescue if you're nearby. It's called the buddy system!

Rexford wrote:
Jesus said to not only go the first mile, but the second as well. Going the extra mile means that you do not expect to get something in return. The fact that you give me a push out of the mud because you expect me to do the same for you someday is not what Jesus taught, and it certainly is not selfless service.

I'm sorry Rexford, I won't ask you to wash my trousers then. Forgive me, but I clearly don't understand you. I really can't figure out how you took what I said and turned it into such a material thing, and especially in the context of this discussion. I mean I honestly want to know. Have you ever given a stranger a push start when their battery went dead and then expected something in return from them? Has anybody?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:23 am +0000
Posts: 818
Greetings Jim George,

Jim George wrote:
Nothing in the Urantia Book implies that our Father wants us to be private with each other, does it? Please show me where and I will stand corrected.


I am not one hundred percent sure what you are asking here, but Jesus and the Papers do inform us that our personal religious experiences are supposed to be private.

Jesus said to pray in private, to keep your personal talks with God a secret.

Let your real petitions always be in secret. Do not let men hear your personal prayers. 146:2:12
Jesus taught the twelve always to pray in secret; to go off by themselves amidst the quiet surroundings of nature or to go in their rooms and shut the doors when they engaged in prayer. 144:3:14


Jesus prayed alone. He went to the hills so he could pray in private.

Jesus went out in the hills to pray so many times because there were no private rooms suitable for his personal devotions. 145:5:2

Jesus had private discussions with the apostles in regards to their personal problems and questions.

It was the habit of Jesus two evenings each week to hold special converse with individuals who desired to talk with him, in a certain secluded and sheltered corner of the Zebedee garden. 148:4:1

Jesus taught Ganid to do good deeds in secret and pray privately.

Henceforth will I do my good deeds in secret; I will also pray most when by myself. 131:10:8

We are told to keep our faith, our personal religious experiences, to ourselves.

Since true religion is a matter of personal spiritual experience, it is inevitable that each individual religionist must have his own and personal interpretation of the realization of that spiritual experience. Let the term "faith" stand for the individual's relation to God rather than for the creedal formulation of what some group of mortals have been able to agree upon as a common religious attitude. "Have you faith? Then have it to yourself."  99:5:7

In Friendship,
Rexford


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:23 am +0000
Posts: 818
Greetings nod,

You wrote:
nodAmanaV wrote:
I mean I honestly want to know. Have you ever given a stranger a push start when their battery went dead and then expected something in return from them? Has anybody?


No, I have never offered help to someone else with expectations of getting something back. Such an attitude would make my service to that individual self-centered. I would be doing it for potential personal gain. That is selfish, tit-for-tat. That is not what Jesus taught. I cannot imagine thinking that way, but I know that many do, and that is what they mean by there being so few second milers in this world. Here is the quote again:

In winning souls for the Master, it is not the first mile of compulsion, duty, or convention that will transform man and his world, but rather the second mile of free service and liberty-loving devotion that betokens the Jesusonian reaching forth to grasp his brother in love and sweep him on under spiritual guidance toward the higher and divine goal of mortal existence. Christianity even now willingly goes the first mile, but mankind languishes and stumbles along in moral darkness because there are so few genuine second-milers—so few professed followers of Jesus who really live and love as he taught his disciples to live and love and serve. 195:10.5

We are told to give FREE service. That means unconditional, just like God. We are supposed to become more like God and God does not help people with the intention of getting something from them later. That would be very Old Testament.

In Friendship,
Rexford


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:02 am +0000
Posts: 1369
Ok, I see where you're coming from now. Thanks Rexford, for going the extra mile with me.

This particular discussion, about the circles and how we understand them, is a good place for us to share those things we all have in common. Instead of the individual experiences we don't. Without doubt, even though we're all on separate paths, we're in the same neighborhood.

Salute!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:23 pm +0000
Posts: 641
fanofVan wrote:
Are they bugs?....or worms? Very pickled in either case.

Manny says: "I disagree with the last sentence of the quote. Jesus was never to bear his burdens alone because Father was with him. Perhaps I disagree with TUB when it is in error. TUB does not claim to be infallible."

Me here: No...only the Great Manny is apparently infallible!!! May I never be so "wise" and "sincere" and so progressed in the spirit as you Manny, loucol, JohnnyB, etc., etc., etc. For you know better than Gabriel, Mighty Messengers, Michael, and the record in Part IV of the Master's life here....so far. Surely you will correct us all and insult us all and tell us the whole of Manny's Manifesto in time to come.

Yawn.......To be so self assured in your own righteousness must be a heavy burden even for a toad....excuse me, self proclaimed frog high above the sincere tadpoles who delight in the life we are blessed with and confident in the eternity to come. I think you missed the point of the analogy....if frog, then whoosh, zing, gone, in a chariot of fire. The analogy may not be brilliant but only the blind could miss it and claim frogdom regardless of still being here. So, it would be better to claim it a bad analogy than to extend it into a blatant and obvious self proclamation.

You and others keep counting your own and each other's circles...such a fun game for some. Such specialness is amusing, even to tadpoles. Sorry, my belly hurts....from laughter at the sublimely ridiculous....tadpoles who think they are frogs while castigating fellow tadpoles....hilarious. And so very pompous in its self importance.

Believe what you will....the Papers say what they say....at least until someone with sufficient ego says otherwise!! How very entertaining!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: =; =; =; :-s :-s :-s 8)


It appears that I cannot question "The Scriptures" without your attempt at ridicule, Bradly. I am unworthy of an opinion, it seems. You have petrified TUB to such an extend that it is beyond discussion by those who posses a TA, a divine fragment that is infallible. You then presume to deny a child of God the prerogative of free-will thought?

I am not offended in the least by your ridicule, but I do take issue with your idolatrous petrifaction of TUB. You cannot serve two Masters. And this is no laughing matter. You deny me for the sake of TUB. What you do to me, you do to Michael. You bear false witness to me and others. What you do to me and others you do to Michael.

The Papers say what they say, but they say nothing without me, and He who is with me. What you are doing is no laughing matter, Bradly.


159:4.7 “The authority of truth is the very spirit that indwells its living manifestations, and not the dead words of the less illuminated and supposedly inspired men of another generation. And even if these holy men of old lived inspired and spirit-filled lives, that does not mean that their words were similarly spiritually inspired. Today we make no record of the teachings of this gospel of the kingdom lest, when I have gone, you speedily become divided up into sundry groups of truth contenders as a result of the diversity of your interpretation of my teachings. For this generation it is best that we live these truths while we shun the making of records.

159:4.8 “Mark you well my words, Nathaniel, nothing which human nature has touched can be regarded as infallible. Through the mind of man divine truth may indeed shine forth, but always of relative purity and partial divinity. The creature may crave infallibility, but only the Creators possess it.


None of us is infallible, but you presume to judge the extent of truth that may shine forth through me and others here. It seems that we have become divided up into sundry groups of truth contenders as a result of the diversity of our interpretation of the words written in TUB. This, I am sure, was not the intent of the authors, but it seems to be fact.

But the record is with us nonetheless. We must shun making an idol of the records. It is not wise to take pride in being a tadpole. This is the hypocrisy of false humility and a spiritual dead end. This is no laughing matter, Bradly.

Progress in the Kingdom seems to be inversely proportional to the extent of the use of emojis.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:29 am +0000
Posts: 3724
Mannie - a little consistency by you would go a long way. You say the UB is revelation from celestials and you believe it to be true ("warts and all" is the way you put it) and also say Gabriel is unwise and his motives not to be trusted and question whether he represents Michael's will, and you suspect Lucifer is being treated most unfairly by the heavenly authorities by hearsay and rumors and anger and revenge, and the Mighty Messengers should mind their own business, and that the authors should have left out a paper (or more), and this is not right and that is not true. I only claim the book says what it says while you are one of those who says the book says what it does not and does not say what it does...or is wrong to say what it says. Can't have it both ways dude.

You are not your TA...not until fusion. Have you fused? Do you know more and have greater wisdom than the celestials? Where's the humility in that? The hypocracy is obvious, if not insight and truth. The quote by Jesus posted: "....the dead words of the less illuminated and supposedly inspired men of another generation." speaks of man written religious texts of old. So you think the 5th epochal revelation is the "dead word" of "less illuminated" ones than you?

It's okay not to believe the UB is what it claims but it is the definition of a hypocrite to claim it is so and it is not so in the same breath. I think it best to go forward with the clear understanding that you do NOT believe the UB is an epochal revelation at all. That's fine. So you disagree with it. Fine as well. No one is asked to believe the claims made by its authors and nothing written within is required for the tadpole to gain legs and lose tail and to become a frog.

No one I know worships the book, it is not an idol to any I have met including all those who believe its claims. The map is not the terrain and the terrain is not the journey through the terrain. We all are on the journey. Some of us have a map to assist. It helps many who never do come to believe its authenticity but when it helps enough over time, many a pilgrim has come to discover its value by experiencing the journey with map in hand. Such a tool of fact and knowledge proves it's worth and accuracy given sufficient time as a guide to the cosmos and adventures of living and becoming.

A tadpole is constantly transforming. I am not "proud" to be one, I am happy and grateful to be so. Big difference. I am confident in the frogdom to come but there is no hurry and no need to be anxious. Pride is on display here to be sure. The self pride of knowing better than others, the pride of suspicion and accusation, the pride of claiming greater wisdom than the first born of our creator, etc....oh yes, pride is on display. Why is my humility false? How would you know such? Have I said I am wiser and more progressed in spirit than any other? Is it prideful to simply allow the UB to speak for itself about those facts and truth presented to help us reduce confusion and eliminate error in our perspective? Or is it false humility and pride which boasts of a higher and greater wisdom and understanding? Curious.

8) So, you do NOT believe what the text says...so be it. No harm, no foul. But good to know.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:23 am +0000
Posts: 818
Greetings,

MannyC wrote:
You deny me for the sake of TUB. What you do to me, you do to Michael.


Does this statement from Louis make the hair on the back of your neck stand straight up, or is it just me? What does that mean? It sounds like Louis is saying that denying him is denying the truth because he has a direct line to Michael the Spirit of Truth and even to God himself. There is something very unsettling about that, almost creepy. Maybe I am reading into it, I suppose that could be, at least I hope so.

Brad, I see you as a sincere seeker and honest student and there is no reason at all to bow to the feet of someone who claims to have a direct line to both truth and God. We know that truth is relative and changing, and our study of the Papers is always resulting in growth and change of our understanding of meanings and values. That is why we are here. Louis has had the same understanding of meanings for years, and it appears he is not about to change it. I believe his understanding of justice is petrified, the pot calling the kettle black.

Let us move on from slinging mud to actual study. Louis is always trying to derail our study, a constant interruption forcing us to go down paths of his choosing, and it is always the same path. For once, can we have a discussion and leave Louis alone to talk to his Adjuster while we delve deeper into the subject at hand? His presence brings nothing but chaos and confusion, and that is not Michael's way. To deny him would be denying something else, but it is not Michael, that is quite obvious. Michael's Spirit of Truth guides the loving relationship between people. I see no love here, none at all. The Spirit of Truth also draws all truth-seekers to himself. I see no drawing power here, only the repelling power of condescension and disparagement. Please let it end.

Brad, there is no evidence at all that you petrify truth, and the Papers are a revelation of truth. You are open to suggestion and ask important questions. There were a few questions you asked in a previous post about being born of the spirit, or reborn, that I would like to discuss, perhaps on another thread? Although, I do think it has something to do with the psychic circles, your choice.

In Friendship,
Rexford


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:02 am +0000
Posts: 1369
(176:3.5) And remember that, inasmuch as you minister to one of the least of my brethren, you have done this service to me.

MannyC wrote:
What you do to me, you do to Michael.

Let's move back to SEla_Kelly's topic.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Registered users: Google [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group