Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:46 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next
PostPosted:  

Rexford wrote:
It could be if it makes you think. It is your thoughts that move you Godward (101:1:3). Before you can make a decision that is Godlike, you have to have some contact with God-level thinking. God-level thinking is when you organize knowledge into ideas and work to transform them into supernal ideals that can be spiritualized, then act upon them (101:6:7).

101:1.3 The divine spirit makes contact with mortal man, not by feelings or emotions, but in the realm of the highest and most spiritualized thinking. It is your thoughts, not your feelings, that lead you Godward. The divine nature may be perceived only with the eyes of the mind. But the mind that really discerns God, hears the indwelling Adjuster, is the pure mind. "Without holiness no man may see the Lord." All such inner and spiritual communion is termed spiritual insight. Such religious experiences result from the impress made upon the mind of man by the combined operations of the Adjuster and the Spirit of Truth as they function amid and upon the ideas, ideals, insights, and spirit strivings of the evolving sons of God.

101:6.7 Revelation teaches mortal man that, to start such a magnificent and intriguing adventure through space by means of the progression of time, he should begin by the organization of knowledge into idea-decisions; next, mandate wisdom to labor unremittingly at its noble task of transforming self-possessed ideas into increasingly practical but nonetheless supernal ideals, even those concepts which are so reasonable as ideas and so logical as ideals that the Adjuster dares so to combine and spiritize them as to render them available for such association in the finite mind as will constitute them the actual human complement thus made ready for the action of the Truth Spirit of the Sons, the time-space manifestations of Paradise truth—universal truth. The co-ordination of idea-decisions, logical ideals, and divine truth constitutes the possession of a righteous character, the prerequisite for mortal admission to the ever-expanding and increasingly spiritual realities of the morontia worlds.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Rexford wrote:
And may I suggest to those who find that studying the Papers is not working for them, that they leave the rest of us alone and stop trolling this study group.

But it is not a study group if you refuse to answer questions and refuse to be challenged. I suggest that this questioning may help people think. If you you label me a Troll, you stop the conversation. You may not want a pain in the _ss in your study group but PITAs are people too.

Rexford wrote:
People who have never read or studied the Papers have made their circles and progressed.

How do you know this, Rexford?

PostPosted:  

What is religious work?

Last edited by nodAmanaV on Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:07 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

Greetings,

I quoted 0:1:16. not 1:1:16.

Rexford wrote:
Stability is defined as being proportional to divinity attainment (12:6:1), and divinity is defined as the unifying nature of God (0:1:16).

Respectfully,
Rexford

PostPosted:  

Greetings nod,

nodAmanaV wrote:
What is religious work?

Why don't you try to answer this yourself? I know you can do it.

Respectfully,
Rexford

PostPosted:  

(160:1.9) Even though you are effectively armed to meet the difficult situations of life, you can hardly expect success unless you are equipped with that wisdom of mind and charm of personality which enable you to win the hearty support and co-operation of your fellows. You cannot hope for a large measure of success in either secular or religious work unless you can learn how to persuade your fellows, to prevail with men. You simply must have tact and tolerance.

PostPosted:  

After studying Jesus, what he said and how he lived, did not Jesus expect his followers to go out and perform religious work?

What was this religious work?

PostPosted:  

Greetings nod,

nodAmanaV wrote:
What was this religious work?

Why don't you try to answer this yourself for a change. I have spent a lot of time answering your questions in the past and you never acknowledge them except to throw up some quote-speak or pictures which rarely make a valuable contribution to study. If I thought you were even remotely sincere with this question, I would attempt an answer. It seems to me that you are always trying to goad rather than participate. I will be honest and say right out that I am tired of it. I am also tired of trolling. It may be time for a hiatus from this place. It is so disheartening to see what goes on here.

Rexford

PostPosted:  

Did it ever occur to you that, specifically, I'm not asking just you. This forum is for all, Rexford. There's a difference between working and thinking.

PostPosted:  

Studying is for the purpose of performing work. Ever know somebody who never gets a job but keeps going to college?

PostPosted:  

Religious work as the Urantia Book presents it is:

To win the hearty support and co-operation of our fellows in order to prevail with them that the source of the abundance of joy in life is: "to know the religious life of Jesus and how he lived it" which will lead to a desire to follow him and then do the same to spread the word that God is most real as a Father, because we are his sons and daughters, and the world is filled with our brothers and sisters.

PostPosted:  

Education is the business of living; it must continue throughout a lifetime so that mankind may gradually experience the ascending levels of mortal wisdom, which are:
1.The knowledge of things.
2.The realization of meanings.
3.The appreciation of values.
4.The nobility of work—duty.
5.The motivation of goals—morality.
6.The love of service—character.
7.Cosmic insight—spiritual discernment. 71:7:5-12

PostPosted:  

But Jesus would reiterate, "In the kingdom you must be righteous in order to do the work." Many times did he repeat, "Be you therefore perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect." 140:10:1

PostPosted:  

Yes, be perfect. Anything less will make studying for work less effective. But it's a process isn't it? Study a little, work a little. One helps the other in becoming more perfect, righteous.

PostPosted:  

It is not so much what you learn in this first life; it is the experience of living this life that is important. Even the work of this world, paramount though it is, is not nearly so important as the way in which you do this work. There is no material reward for righteous living, but there is profound satisfaction - consciousness of achievement - and this transcends any conceivable material reward. 39:4:13

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next