Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:05 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Please, how do you understand the term "spiritual powers" in this paragraph. Do they refer to the celestial beings who accompanied them?

(667.6) 58:4.2 550,000,000 years ago the Life Carrier corps returned to Urantia. In co-operation with spiritual powers and superphysical forces we organized and initiated the original life patterns of this world and planted them in the hospitable waters of the realm. All planetary life (aside from extraplanetary personalities) down to the days of Caligastia, the Planetary Prince, had its origin in our three original, identical, and simultaneous marine-life implantations. These three life implantations have been designated as: the central or Eurasian-African, the eastern or Australasian, and the western, embracing Greenland and the Americas

(661.1) 57:8.7 900,000,000 years ago witnessed the arrival on Urantia of the first Satania scouting party sent out from Jerusem to examine the planet and make a report on its adaptation for a life-experiment station. This commission consisted of twenty-four members, embracing Life Carriers, Lanonandek Sons, Melchizedeks, seraphim, and other orders of celestial life having to do with the early days of planetary organization and administration.

I think there is another case in this paragraph:

(236.1) 21:2.3 The departure of a Michael Son on this occasion forever liberates his creator prerogatives from the Paradise Sources and Centers, subject only to certain limitations inherent in the pre-existence of these Sources and Centers and to certain other antecedent powers and presences. Among these limitations to the otherwise all-powerful creator prerogatives of a local universe Father are the following:

Thank you!

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

I think the answer to your questions might be found in Paper 36, especially section 6. I look forward to the help of others on this most complex synergy of forces!! However, the author of Paper 36 states that much of life initiation is mysterious them as well.....

36:6.7 (404.5) There are some things connected with the elaboration of life on the evolutionary planets which are not altogether clear to us. We fully comprehend the physical organization of the electrochemical formulas of the Life Carriers, but we do not wholly understand the nature and source of the life-activation spark. We know that life flows from the Father through the Son and by the Spirit. It is more than possible that the Master Spirits are the sevenfold channel of the river of life which is poured out upon all creation. But we do not comprehend the technique whereby the supervising Master Spirit participates in the initial episode of life bestowal on a new planet. The Ancients of Days, we are confident, also have some part in this inauguration of life on a new world, but we are wholly ignorant of the nature thereof. We do know that the Universe Mother Spirit actually vitalizes the lifeless patterns and imparts to such activated plasm the prerogatives of organismal reproduction. We observe that these three are the levels of God the Sevenfold, sometimes designated as the Supreme Creators of time and space; but otherwise we know little more than Urantia mortals — simply that concept is inherent in the Father, expression in the Son, and life realization in the Spirit.

It seems your questions are becoming more detailed and complex Angel on this time through the Papers. It is my hope I may still be of some assistance, but your questions test me more this year and require more research I think. That is one blessing of study together and the research and corroboration of others to assist one another. So glad you are here. Does your study group still meet?

Your Friend Brad 8)

PostPosted:  

Thank you, Brad.

I did not remember that interesting paragraph.

We don't meet physically meet now, but we are still working together on difficult paragraphs and terms through e-mails and skype. We are more focused on Part III now, but also study Part IV.

In friendship,
Ángel