Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:11 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Please, what are "tense electric fields"? I could not find much related to them in Google. Is there another terminology in nowadays' use? Today, scientists use the term "intense electric fields".

667.1) 58:3.2 This short-ray energy charge of universe space is four hundred times greater than all other forms of radiant energy existing in the organized space domains. The output of short space rays, whether coming from the blazing nebulae, tense electric fields, outer space, or the vast hydrogen dust clouds, is modified qualitatively and quantitatively by fluctuations of, and sudden tension changes in, temperature, gravity, and electronic pressures.

[...] The overview data thus enable a complete coverage of all northern and southern auroral oval encounters by the Freja satellite. A number of interesting results from subauroral and low-latitude regions have been revealed from the overview data, such as the frequent occurence of intense electric fields near the ionospheric projection of the plasmapause (presumably related to
the plasmatrough) They talk about these fields.

http://www.iaea.org/inis/collection/NCL ... 027923.pdf

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Hi Angel,

As far as I can tell, "tense" and "intense" are semantically equivalent in this context.

I'm not a physicist nor an electrical engineer, so I have to defer to others as to whether "tense" is commonly used elsewhere in the English language to describe similar situations. I suspect not that often.

Personally, I happen to prefer "tense" as an adjective to describe a strong electric field. It just seems to be a more natural descriptor to me. I can feel the tension of a charge differential much like that of taught rope. There is energy just waiting to be released. I am comparing this to an "intense" field which I guess conveys the same meaning but not the same feeling. Musings of my mind... worth what you paid for... :)

quil

PostPosted:  

For what it's worth, I'd have to say that the revelators did not mean to refer to 'intense' when they use the term 'tense' here. I believe tense refers to a compression of energy or force. That compression may have directional components - i.e. described by a vector rather than a scalar. The concept may be akin to the description of Primordial force and Puissant energy.

42:2.7 (469.7) 2. Primordial force. This represents the first basic change in space potency and may be one of the nether Paradise functions of the Unqualified Absolute. We know that the space presence going out from nether Paradise is modified in some manner from that which is incoming. But regardless of any such possible relationships, the openly recognized transmutation of space potency into primordial force is the primary differentiating function of the tension-presence of the living Paradise force organizers.

42:2.11 (470.2) a. Puissant energy. This is the powerful-directional, mass-movemented, mighty-tensioned, and forcible-reacting energy — gigantic energy systems set in motion by the activities of the primary force organizers.

To understand better, it may be worth reading J. C. Maxwell. He conceived of the energy of space as being in tension or under stress, both locally and globally. The local variations in that tension produce the variations of electric fields and energies.

PostPosted:  

Thank you so much, Quil and Riktare, with both explanations we can get a better sense of what it means.

PostPosted:  

electrical field tense, intensity and tension all pretty much mean the same thing...high voltage. such as the short gamma rays produced from high voltage lightning

PostPosted:  

It would be highly recommended to study the basics of electromagnetism and especially the Maxwell Equations. Voltage is usually associated with the Vector and Scalar Potentials which have entirely different equations (and behave very differently) than Electric and Magnetic Fields. There are 2 different measurements to describe an Electric Field (or a Magnetic Field). One, the Electric Field Strength or Magnitude, has a different equation than the Electric Flux Density. Similarly with the Magnetic Field. To further add complexity (and wonderous variation to the Physics) energy has a very different equation still. That is called the Poynting Vector. The Poynting Vector uses a cross product of the Electric and Magnetic Fields. In other words. the amount of energy depends on how strengths of the different fields are oriented 90 degrees from each other.

Looking at the machines which Maxwell and other scientists built to model how electricity and magnetism work can give some insight and intuition to an otherwise complex subject.

PostPosted:  

It would be wise to evaluate these fields in light of the following quotes.

0:6.11   ...Pattern may configure energy, but it does not control it. Gravity is the sole control of energy-matter. Neither space nor pattern are gravity responsive, but there is no relationship between space and pattern; space is neither pattern nor potential...

42:4.1   ...Light, heat, electricity, magnetism, chemism, energy, and matter are - in origin, nature, and destiny - one and the same thing, together with other material realities as yet undiscovered on Urantia....

This suggests that gravity is the only field and that gravity controls all other material realities.

PostPosted:  

welp you can calculate the electric field from the voltage and Intense e-fields are another way of saying "high voltage."

PostPosted:  

MannyC wrote:
This suggests that gravity is the only field and that gravity controls all other material realities.

Or that there is an essential characteristic underlying gravity on which the other fields depend, as if they were bi-products. That concept of gravity would seem to need to incorporate the strong force... and would probably need to sponsor particle "spin"...

PostPosted:  

Riktare wrote:
Or that there is an essential characteristic underlying gravity on which the other fields depend, as if they were bi-products. That concept of gravity would seem to need to incorporate the strong force... and would probably need to sponsor particle "spin"...

Particles not only spin, they breath or respire. Their motions are spiral because the motions of space are spiral. Particles are in space and contain space. In order to say what sponsors "spin" in a particle one must ask what causes the motions of space. And space is not gravity responsive.

PostPosted:  

Image :)

PostPosted:  

But the motion of space is very, very, very, very, very, very, very gradual. And the spin of particles is very, very, very, very, very, very, very fast...

Many readers might not appreciate being so off-topic to the original post and question. Further discussion of space in motion, etc., probably belongs elsewhere.

PostPosted:  

OK, we can move discussion. But there is only one speed for space and matter,c.