Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:13 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 

Do you believe in Destiny or Fate?
Poll ended at Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:59 pm +0000
Yes 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2
PostPosted:  
Do you believe in destiny or fate? If so, what exactly do you believe? :roll:

-I personally believe that you have a fate, and several fates/destinies, but in knowing them, you know how to change them (Knowing your future means knowing how to change it). I.e. if a famous tarot reader (or whatever they are) informs you that you will be in a severe accident on Febuary 23, then you would go to great lengths to make sure you are safe on Feb. 23, therefore changing your fate and saving (likely) thousands of dollars on medical bills.
-I also believe this is superstition. Superstition is known to be for small-minded people, but a small-minded person would not open their mind to their future, simply believing everything happens for a reason.
-I'm not a hypocrite. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I believe in infinite probable realities. All exist simultaneously, and we use our free will to select the "fates" available. I believe we and our Thought Adjuster come together with the course laid out, and the major aiming points established. If we made "perfect" decisions, the course would be very pleasant and fruitful. However, since we will make a lot of \"bad\" choices, we have "exciting" lives, and some of the original aiming points change. I also believe we will be assisted in continuing this life as long as possible until we've experienced at least some critical things.

But what ta heck do I know... :shock:
Bro Dave
:wink:

IMperfection... the REAL Gift.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

"Thought comes first. Experience is always secondary. It is never the other way around-that you have the experience and then you base the thought around it. Always your experience is a direct reflection of what you are thinking."

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I believe in fate in some respects but others no.
say it is fate for someone to ascend immediately on departure etc then what would be the sence in trying to change??
Father knows how much I need to change & boy I know it to. Maybe its fate for me to change, I certainly hope so. I believe my wife was a reward for my staying clean & sober. was that fate???

No i don't think so because I had to change to recieve, I have no regrets that I did & hopefully I can change other aspects of my life to gain further rewards.

The greatest reward of all would be to get off this planet & go home.
Maybe, I hope that is my destiny!!! :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Most nonurantians regard fate as being a destiny which you can't control and it 'just happens,' it's a lazy way to justify everything they don't understand.

I tend to agree with Dave that there are innumerable futures to choose from at any given moment. Most of us don't do this though... think about how long it would take to pick up a glass if you start going through all the possibilities of how you could do it.

I believe that when we are all born there is a divine plan for each of us... a perfect life as Dave alluded to... but as soon as we go off that path... this potential perfect life changes into another perfect path... same substance... but different flavor.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
I will not Bite!!!
Keep learning about life & Love from your Book. No wonder thetre are so many Earth Bound spirits???
Probadly the same reason 80% of todays young & Myself are turning away from Jesus.....Book Bashers.
Heres to reincarnation & everything that doesnt exist.
The Master found it difficult to explain basically there is no reincarnation...
Funny that considering Jesus never said one thing directly regarding the Urantia Book only some Aliens from some planet only Urantians have heard of....
How do you explain De-Javu???
The dead never visit the living!!!!lol
Seems to happen a lot & how do people who have never known these people know things???
A Urantian would take the Lazy way & quote from a Book thus having a closed mind like a person who says if its not in the Bible it aint real.
I put it to you that some know not what they talk about & only know what their precious Book (God) tells them.
Once Some Urantians get over this we know Everything attitude then just maybe I may read it...Probadly never will considering Jesus NEVER endorsed it only Michael who ever he is....Satan????

So Arie it was in Gods Devine Plan for me to Be abused at 3 yrs old my my Auntie & again at 14 yrs old by some 50 odd yr old paedophile???

I also ask was it in Gods Devine plan for my Nanna to be Murdered?
Was it in Gods Devine Plan for all the pain & suffering in the world???
Again a Urantian taking the Lazy way to explain something they would not have any idea about.

God doesnt give a hoot about his creation only those that he believes are worthy.
God so loved the world he gave a book!!! lol

Stuff going to Heaven, im hanging around here & be with real people...
And prove books for what they are....Books. I have to find myself a new God because The Urantian one sure as hell aint helping me.

Dont know maybe John ogalooti can be my God because whats in a name?

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I'm not sure why your so agitated. Perhaps you misinterpreted something I said. Let me quote what I said... "Most nonurantians regard fate as being a destiny which you can't control and it 'just happens,' it's a lazy way to justify everything they don't understand."

What I'm saying is that your Nanna getting murdered wasn't God's will... you getting abused wasn't either. All I'm saying is that everyone has a POTENTIAL perfect life which we can choose to actualize or not and judging by the state of our planet... most don't.

God Bless.

Found some quotes that pertains to this problem of suffering... you don't have to read it.

P1661:4, 148:5.2 "Nathaniel, you and many others are thus perplexed because you do not comprehend how the natural order of this world has been so many times upset by the sinful adventures of certain rebellious traitors to the Father's will. And I have come to make a beginning of setting these things in order. But many ages will be required to restore this part of the universe to former paths and thus release the children of men from the extra burdens of sin and rebellion. The presence of evil alone is sufficient test for the ascension of man -- sin is not essential to survival.

P1661:5, 148:5.3 "But, my son, you should know that the Father does not purposely afflict his children. Man brings down upon himself unnecessary affliction as a result of his persistent refusal to walk in the better ways of the divine will. Affliction is potential in evil, but much of it has been produced by sin and iniquity. Many unusual events have transpired on this world, and it is not strange that all thinking men should be perplexed by the scenes of suffering and affliction which they witness. But of one thing you may be sure: The Father does not send affliction as an arbitrary punishment for wrongdoing.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Burgo, life is full of choices.

Unfortunately, many children suffer at bad choices by adults. You're not the only one to ever suffer in that way.

We're givin free will, and we can choose. It's not God's fault that people who are suppose to care for us choose to harm us instead.

As for fate and destiny. I believe it's the same meaning in one word.

I look at destiny more as from within than without. I don't consider my \"destiny\" or fate\" to be what i accomplish materially in this life, i do consider it to be what i accomplish as a soul in this life. Therefor i don't believe there can be just 'one\" path to your destiny. Everyone has a choice in this life, and their choices effects your life, so you have to overcome all the chaos without, to reach your destiny within.
I'm at peace with my soul. I've caught up with my destiny, everything else i just consider extra credit. :wink:

i guess if you look at fate' and destiny' as two seperate ideas, then fate' would be what you end up with if you don't work to achieve your destiny. I guess both outcomes are known by God, and he just waits to see which one you choose.

Curious thoughts though. I enjoyed thinking about it.
Blessings,
Angel

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Bro Burgo, there is quote from the UB that I like to use for a personal guide, when I feel life getting to me...

Impatience is a spirit poison; anger is like a stone hurled into a hornet's nest.

Peace and Love Bro, :wink:
Dave

IMperfection... the REAL Gift.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi All,
I misquoted what was said.
I was not implying that Father was to blame for Sin in the world or what happened to me.
I am well aware there are millions of others this stuff happens to.
God never lets sin happen...The fact is that we are God in conscious & It is individual parts of mankind that choose not to listen to that \"Consciousness\"...therefore mankind not God is the one who allows sin.
Yeah yeah Brother Burgo now accepts the inner father!!! lol :wink:
Took me a while but I remembered Jesus Words in the Bible...\"The Father & I are one\" & it hit me yeah The Father & I are one!!!
My God since I realised that ive been nice to people!!! lol :roll:
I also realised for myself that Arch Angel Michael & Jesus Are the same energy so Boom there goes that problem.
I still believe there is some fate involved but do agree it is changeable by our own actions.

Love & Light
Christian :wink:

Post subject: Destiny And Fate Beliefs
PostPosted:  

Hello Dramatical:

I believe we choose our own destiny and fate by how we think and act. The power of choice is awesome; when used correctly great things happen, when used wrong disater awaits :?

Hey Burgo:
I love the Avatar :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Fate is the consequence of things set in to motion i.e. "cause and effect"
Destiny is a choice and there is only one Destiny if you choose it!

That being Gods will... Which for each of us comes in many colors and shapes of experience, with one true outcome \"Eternal life\"

Much of our life is cause and effect, at least until we awaken our minds and free our emotions and become the intelligent co-creators of something bigger.

Stay True To The Journey And Much Love To You All.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]