Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:39 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next
PostPosted:  

Raymond Benjamins wrote:
YSMAEL and quip: You fellows make my point.
You can plainly see that many Muslims are going throughout the world randomly attacking non-Muslims.
It is clear to me that you want this to happen upon all innocent folks, and then proceed to assert in no uncertain terms that Havona would welcome this conduct and that it all meets the full approval of the Universal Father.

Why is it so scarse to find UBers who exhibit some plain common sense? What in the Urantia Book could drive them that way?

Urantia is presently under attack by some very vicious brutal enemies, and all UBers could do about it is point fingers at Christianity and then welcome all the carnage with open arms.

My concern now is with the very credibility in public view of the Urantia Book. What does the public see? They see the champions of the Urantia Book displaying open indifference to the sufferings of the scores if the innocent who are brutalized and killed off by violent Islamists.

Have you UBers who defend Islam even cared to click the link I placed above on Islam for your enlightenment?

You guys are giving the Urantia Book a terribly bad reputation.

Actually Raymond, all or most here are affected greatly by all suffering of all innocents everywhere. The shrillness and harshness of your proclamations and judgments is the sad display and illustrate a true lack of understanding and knowledge of the TruthBook.

Your attacks on us here should be expected based on your mind set and agenda.

Let us pray that the credibility of the Urantia Papers does not depend upon fear, anger, or hate. Best wishes upon your pilgrim's path.

Brad 8)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

POLITICS

Truthbook.com belongs to the Jesusonian Foundation.

The Jesusonian Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) Nonprofit Religious Foundation. Organizations with this classification are prohibited from conducting political campaign activities to influence elections to public office. Consequently, discussions about political campaigns, political parties, an individual's or group's political leanings, or politicians are not allowed and will be deleted. Nevertheless, one is permitted to discuss the issues of governance and administration, and ethical behavior, as they appear in the Urantia Book.
http://truthbook.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3582

Quote:
Section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from supporting political candidates, and are subject to limits on lobbying. They risk loss of tax exempt status if these rules are violated. An organization that loses its 501(c)(3) status due to being engaged in political activities cannot then qualify for 501(c)(4) status.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/501(c)_organization#Political_activity

PUBLIC vs PRIVATE

The Truthbook forum is public. The eyes of the world read your every word. Your words represent - and have impact on - the entire Urantia Book community.

Therefore there are rules:
Rule #8. (Please Do Not) Use language that is intended to demean, victimize, harass, degrade or intimidate an individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, race, religious beliefs or sexual orientation. Hate speech and/or images are always unacceptable.

Please read all of the rules at:
http://truthbook.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3582

If you want a private forum, please try http://www.ubron.org/

PostPosted:  

Raymond Benjamins wrote:
You can plainly see that many Muslims are going throughout the world randomly attacking non-Muslims.
It is clear to me that you want this to happen upon all innocent folks, and then proceed to assert in no uncertain terms that Havona would welcome this conduct and that it all meets the full approval of the Universal Father.

Why is it so scarse to find UBers who exhibit some plain common sense? What in the Urantia Book could drive them that way?

Urantia is presently under attack by some very vicious brutal enemies, and all UBers could do about it is point fingers at Christianity and then welcome all the carnage with open arms.

My concern now is with the very credibility in public view of the Urantia Book. What does the public see? They see the champions of the Urantia Book displaying open indifference to the sufferings of the scores if the innocent who are brutalized and killed off by violent Islamists.

Have you UBers who defend Islam even cared to click the link I placed above on Islam for your enlightenment?

Some in this thread have equated compassion for refugees with an entirely pacifist attitude toward defending our citizens from terrorism. The two do not equate. It is possible to be compassionate while also supporting military action when deemed necessary by our elected leaders.

Through my participation in the national and local elections, I have voice to select the candidates who I feel best support my positions on war and surveillance and other modern issues associated with national conflict. Once that is done, I leave it to our elected representatives to take action according to their best judgment (and in cooperation with the Most Highs, who still rule in the Kingom of Men).

As an individual, I see it as my moral responsibility and privilege to show compassion to all, regardless of their religion or their flaws of character. Jesus taught to turn the other cheek and to bless those who curse us. National defense is a matter for the politicians to address, I can do little other than to vote my conscience in that regard. Think globally, act locally - I exert my global will via the democratic process here in the U.S.; I choose to show love to my neighbors in accordance with the Golden Rule as an individual.

I do not think such beliefs are shameful to Urantia Book readers or anyone. What is shameful is painting all Muslims with the same terrorist brush and demanding vengeance as a result of submitting to fear. As Jesus once said, "Stand up like a man!"

PostPosted:  

And let's not forget this . . .

140:3.18 (1571.5) “Discern the truth clearly; live the righteous life fearlessly; and so shall you be my apostles and my Father’s ambassadors. You have heard it said: ‘If the blind lead the blind, they both shall fall into the pit.’ If you would guide others into the kingdom, you must yourselves walk in the clear light of living truth. In all the business of the kingdom I exhort you to show just judgment and keen wisdom. Present not that which is holy to dogs, neither cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample your gems under foot and turn to rend you.

PostPosted:  

Gremlin,

As for the requirements of 501c, I haven't seen anyone mention a person running for office as a part of a comment on this thread. That's what 501c is all about isn't it?

PostPosted:  

Greetings fanofVan,

You write:
fanofVan wrote:
May love save us all....we shall receive as we give....and reap what we sow. 8)

Yes, I agree that love will save us all, but we should not be concerned about what we receive in regards to our giving. Recall the quote I posted above about the right and left hands (140:6:11). And in terms of reaping what we sow; unfortunately, we are asked to reap what others sow, as well as what we ourselves sow. This means that we are forced to bear the burden of the sins of others. (See quote below.) But we are not told to welcome those sinful burdens; we are told to shine light and do what we can to prevent them ever occurring. If some people are sowing weeds, we're supposed to do what we can to stop them, with as much wisdom and compassion as is humanly possible.

Sin is never purely local in its effects. The administrative sectors of the universes are organismal; the plight of one personality must to a certain extent be shared by all. Sin, being an attitude of the person toward reality, is destined to exhibit its inherent negativistic harvest upon any and all related levels of universe values. But the full consequences of erroneous thinking, evil-doing, or sinful planning are experienced only on the level of actual performance. The transgression of universe law may be fatal in the physical realm without seriously involving the mind or impairing the spiritual experience. Sin is fraught with fatal consequences to personality survival only when it is the attitude of the whole being, when it stands for the choosing of the mind and the willing of the soul. 67:7:4

And incidentally, I don't understand your continued hammering of Raymond. I have yet to perceive any attack on you coming from him. Perhaps the two of you have a history I am not privy to? I consider his questions very legitimate. They are philosophical questions that must be answered, and I think if there are truthful answers forthcoming, they should be non-critical. The truth needs no defensive argument. I think we can find a way to discuss it within the limitations of this forum that can bring light to the situation. I'm not certain where the "no trespassing line" on this forum is exactly, but I do know that the conversation is necessary.

Jesus talked about politics all of the time, and there's nothing wrong with us discussing it either as long as we can keep it within the guidelines. This problem (a new attack in West Africa today) is a pressing need for religionists to grapple with. If we are to look toward revelation as a guide, then we must be able to study it out loud. I'm not sure what good private messages would do under these circumstances. I choose to do what Jesus did:

It was difficult for his friends to comprehend the range of his intellectual activities, how he could so suddenly and so completely swing from the profound discussion of politics, philosophy, or religion to the lighthearted and joyous playfulness of these tots of from five to ten years of age. As his own brothers and sisters grew up, as he gained more leisure, and before the grandchildren arrived, he paid a great deal of attention to these little ones. But he did not live on earth long enough to enjoy the grandchildren very much. 128:6:12
The youthful neighbors also came in frequently to attend these after-supper meetings. To these little gatherings Jesus gave varied and advanced instruction, just as advanced as they could comprehend. He talked quite freely with them, expressing his ideas and ideals about politics, sociology, science, and philosophy, but never presumed to speak with authoritative finality except when discussing religion — the relation of man to God. 129:1:10
He talked with a Roman senator on politics and statesmanship, and this one contact with Jesus made such an impression on this legislator that he spent the rest of his life vainly trying to induce his colleagues to change the course of the ruling policy from the idea of the government supporting and feeding the people to that of the people supporting the government. 132:4:5
They all returned to Matthew's home, where they talked much about politics and religion until the hour of the evening meal. 138:3:4

In Friendship,
Rexford

PostPosted:  

Greetings Agon,

Agon D. Onter wrote:
What is shameful is painting all Muslims with the same terrorist brush and demanding vengeance as a result of submitting to fear.

Who on this forum painted all Muslims as terrorists? Who on this forum demanded vengeance? Did I miss something? I thought we were talking bout a radical sect which has perverted a fine religion. And, arguments against emigration are not based upon vengeance, they're based upon safety. Even the universe is concerned about safety, otherwise Earth wouldn't be quarantined. I'm not sure what it is you're talking about exactly. Raymond is right when he asks, "Where's the common sense?"

Here's what the Papers say about common sense:

But the Master was so reasonable, so approachable. He was so practical in all his ministry, while all his plans were characterized by such sanctified common sense. He was so free from all freakish, erratic, and eccentric tendencies. He was never capricious, whimsical, or hysterical. In all his teaching and in everything he did there was always an exquisite discrimination associated with an extraordinary sense of propriety. 100:7:3

A false fear of sacredness has prevented religion from being safeguarded by common sense. 159:4:9

In Friendship,
Rexford

PostPosted:  

Rexford wrote:
Greetings Agon,

Agon D. Onter wrote:
What is shameful is painting all Muslims with the same terrorist brush and demanding vengeance as a result of submitting to fear.

Who on this forum painted all Muslims as terrorists? Who on this forum demanded vengeance? Did I miss something?

There are people in the world who are doing it and my common sense tells me it is shameful. People must learn to rise above fear and embrace love.

PostPosted:  

Ray wrote:
Quote:
Yes, I do see that but I also see that the extremist ones are doing these attacks not only against non-Muslims but also against their fellow Muslims.
Quote:
What are you talking about brother?
Quote:

Is it common sense to lump all Muslims as terrorists? And hate them all?
Quote:

Why do you have to say these untruths? What is your agenda?
Quote:

Your concern is unfounded. All you are suggesting are not based on truths. They are just the product of your own extreme biased generalizations.
Quote:

I depend the peaceful and tolerant Muslims from your extreme biased characterization of them as bad people.
Quote:

The UB advocates love. The one advocating hate is the one giving the UB a terribly bad reputation.

Last edited by YSMAEL on Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:05 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

Rexford wrote:
Quote:
Who on this forum painted all Muslims as terrorists? Who on this forum demanded vengeance? Did I miss something?

Yes you did miss something, Rex. Read Ray's posts.

PostPosted:  

UBers:

Allow me to clarify that I am a firm believer in love.
Everything about Paradise is concerned with the obsession of love, and I fully anticipate partaking of it with all my being.
But let us suffer ourselves to undergo a reality check, OK?

If we you were to pour out your love upon the Muslims, even the ones caught in the act of violence; if you were to serve them, give them exorbitant amounts of your money, give them a free house and a free car, behave towards them with the utmost kindness, courtesy, indulgence, and love; if you openly profess that Jesus is the divine Son of God, they will still want to kill you; they will still be offended to the point of rage.

And while you are loving these Muslims with all your being and resources, would you mind if they curse you, rob you, ruin your property, rape your wife, and brutalize your children? That is what they intend to do and that is what their Quran say they must do, and that is what they are in fact doing in many places throughout the world, and are poised to do the same as they approach your doorstep.

Does the Urantia Book sanction and recommend complete passivity in the face of those sworn to warfare with you to satisfy the demands of their religion unless you fully embrace their religion?

I believe in love; but is it an act of love to allow Muslims to fulfill their brutal agenda at the expense of those whom you love?

PostPosted:  

Who the heck cares about what supposed reputation TUB has? All I see is one person wailing about a clearly incorrect, twisted, warped view of what he thinks TUB readers believe meanwhile spitting hate and espousing an naive, oversimplistic and overgeneralized position toward an entire segment of this planet's population. NEWS FLASH: Not all Muslims are terrorists!

PostPosted:  

There is only one way off this rock, you know. We all will die. What does it matter to a God-knowing mortal if all earthly things should fall? I do not say this to be hearless or uncaring; of course, I care very much if my loved ones, neighbors, or fellow citizens are harmed in any way. However, the UB teaches us to take a cosmic perspective and to accept that this material life is but the vestibule to our eternal ascension career.

Danger is ever present. We must learn to live by faith and love. Abandon anxiety.

Last edited by Agon D. Onter on Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:07 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

Agon D. Onter wrote:
There is only one way off this rock, you know. We all will die. What does it matter to a God-knowing mortal if all earthly things should fall?

You must not have children.

PostPosted:  

YSMAEL: Your complete denial of those things which the general public acknowledges and are openly well aware of staggers me.

Why cannot you boldly address issues rather than resort to extremely vicious and senseless personal attacks against me?

Are you Muslim? Your user-name is Muslim: Ishmael was the progenitor of the Arabs.

If you are a Muslim, then that fully explains EVERYTHING that you have thus far posted in this thread.

Have you ever pondered the essence and purpose of the Urantia Book?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next