Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:21 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

quil wrote:
Kelfuma,

Oh how I can relate! My confusion came from the same line of thinking. Eventually, though, I settled in my mind that yes, creature life inhabits just seven galactic systems (e.g. galaxies or perhaps very small groups of galaxies depending on how you look at it). The six other superuniverses are likely obscured by the Milky Way. The ones you see in the Hubble Deep Field and the Ultra Deep Field are *all* uninhabited, according to the revelation.

It took me awhile to reach this conclusion after having wrestled with the scales. Finally I realized that this is probably the one of the most exciting facts of having personality existence in this age of the universe. The settled universe is YOUNG. We are still here at the beginning of things. These realizations of the scope of the master universe reaffirms the enormity of adventure that awaits us in eternity. Cheers!

Doesn't it say somewhere in the text that in the first outer space zone alone there are something like 10,000 aggregations of matter (universes) each larger than any of the superuniverses? I've been looking for it for days now. I know it's there. I saw it a few weeks ago and now I can't find it!

It's hard to wrap my brain around what's in store for us in the future. There is also an inference in text that beyond the fourth outer space zone more is to come even to infinity! Forever! Mind boggling!

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

I'm not sure, nod, will need to look up the quotes.

But I am always tickled when astronomers keep peering back further and further into the depths of space (and thus time) and conclude this is what is happening shortly after the hypothetical Big Bang. To a TUB reader, what you are looking at are the very young galaxies of the outer space levels that are still being created. The observations we have are perfectly consistent with what we are told.

I am very excited about the next phase of discovery of the universe. Astronomy is such a wonderful science and it's one of the few where amateurs can make a real difference. In my opinion, cosmology is also just as or even more open to contributions by average folk. The academic cosmologist have unwittingly created a religion for themselves. The academic institutions are their temples. Their journals contain the holy writs of the PhD priesthood.

PostPosted:  

Greetings nod,

Is this the quote in question?

As we view this triune development, embracing creatures, universes, and Deity, can we be criticized for anticipating that something new and unrevealed is approaching culmination in the master universe? Is it not natural that we should associate this agelong mobilization and organization of physical universes on such a hitherto unknown scale and the personality emergence of the Supreme Being with this stupendous scheme of upstepping the mortals of time to divine perfection and with their subsequent mobilization on Paradise in the Corps of the Finality — a designation and destiny enshrouded in universe mystery? It is increasingly the belief of all Uversa that the assembling Corps of the Finality are destined to some future service in the universes of outer space, where we already are able to identify the clustering of at least seventy thousand aggregations of matter, each of which is greater than any one of the present super universes. 31:10:19

Rex

P.S. It is a multiple of 7 after all.

PostPosted:  

Yes, that's it. Thank you Rex!

PostPosted:  

quil wrote:
I'm not sure, nod, will need to look up the quotes.

But I am always tickled when astronomers keep peering back further and further into the depths of space (and thus time) and conclude this is what is happening shortly after the hypothetical Big Bang. To a TUB reader, what you are looking at are the very young galaxies of the outer space levels that are still being created. The observations we have are perfectly consistent with what we are told.

I am very excited about the next phase of discovery of the universe. Astronomy is such a wonderful science and it's one of the few where amateurs can make a real difference. In my opinion, cosmology is also just as or even more open to contributions by average folk. The academic cosmologist have unwittingly created a religion for themselves. The academic institutions are their temples. Their journals contain the holy writs of the PhD priesthood.

Yup

And what's extremely interesting to me is that today scientists and astronomers don't acknowledge there's a center to the universe. They say this while they point out how backward it used to be to think that the world was flat!

Another one: the rising of the oceans. Never do I hear them mention the obvious likelihood (as we know very clearly) that the bottom of the oceans and the land rises and falls.

PostPosted:  

Rexford wrote:
Greetings nod,

Is this the quote in question?

As we view this triune development, embracing creatures, universes, and Deity, can we be criticized for anticipating that something new and unrevealed is approaching culmination in the master universe? Is it not natural that we should associate this agelong mobilization and organization of physical universes on such a hitherto unknown scale and the personality emergence of the Supreme Being with this stupendous scheme of upstepping the mortals of time to divine perfection and with their subsequent mobilization on Paradise in the Corps of the Finality — a designation and destiny enshrouded in universe mystery? It is increasingly the belief of all Uversa that the assembling Corps of the Finality are destined to some future service in the universes of outer space, where we already are able to identify the clustering of at least seventy thousand aggregations of matter, each of which is greater than any one of the present super universes. 31:10:19

Rex

P.S. It is a multiple of 7 after all.

I think this is so amazing. Now we have 7 superuniverses. In the future there will be at least 10,000 times more. And then more after that probably. I believe this will go on and on forever. The universe is extremely young.

PostPosted:  

41:0.3 (455.3) One or more — even many — such nebulae may be encompassed within the domain of a single local universe even as Nebadon was physically assembled out of the stellar and planetary progeny of Andronover and other nebulae. The spheres of Nebadon are of diverse nebular ancestry, but they all had a certain minimum commonness of space motion which was so adjusted by the intelligent efforts of the power directors as to produce our present aggregation of space bodies, which travel along together as a contiguous unit over the orbits of the superuniverse.

41:0.4 (455.4) Such is the constitution of the local star cloud of Nebadon, which today swings in an increasingly settled orbit about the Sagittarius center of that minor sector of Orvonton to which our local creation belongs.

I understand the size of a local universe may be an aggregation of several spiral nebulae (where a spiral nebulae appears like a galaxy). Other times I think a single galaxy may be a group of other nebulae and this can at least make a local universe. This is UB cosmology and its takes time to conclude sometimes but on that scale it becomes easier to relate a local universe as a galaxy or a group of spiral nebulae but I think the problem is the revelation does'nt seem to give actual dimensions of a local Universe as perceived via telescope.

PostPosted:  

Early on in the history of astronomy, any sort of fuzzy patches in the sky were called nebulae. Only around the turn of the last century were galaxies understood to be essentially different from stellar nebulae. It seems clear to me anyway, that the revelators basically identify the Milky Way galaxy, and its travel companions such as the Magellanic Clouds and the globular clusters that mass around its periphery, as Orvonton. What scientists today don't know is how elongated the Milky Way is. And apparently it is longest in our direction towards its center. The Earth is known to lie on the outside of one of the primary arms of the galaxy. There's significant empty space between us and the next outward lying arm.

https://www.google.se/search?q=location ... QMl_igA%3D

Quote:
The Milky Way galaxy is composed of vast numbers of former spiral and other nebulae, and many still retain their original configuration. But as the result of internal catastrophes and external attraction, many have suffered such distortion and rearrangement as to cause these enormous aggregations to appear as gigantic luminous masses of blazing suns, like the Magellanic Cloud. The globular type of star clusters predominates near the outer margins of Orvonton. 15:4:8

PostPosted:  

Don't Fret!

:o cos•mol•o•gy
käzˈmäləjē/
noun
noun: cosmology
1. the science of the origin and development of the universe. Modern astronomy is dominated by the Big Bang theory, which brings together observational astronomy and particle physics.
o an account or theory of the origin of the universe.
plural noun: cosmologies

101:4.5 Truth may be but relatively inspired, even though revelation is invariably a spiritual phenomenon. While statements with reference to cosmology are never inspired, such revelations are of immense value in that they at least transiently clarify knowledge by:

101:4.2 Mankind should understand that we who participate in the revelation of truth are very rigorously limited by the instructions of our superiors. We are not at liberty to anticipate the scientific discoveries of a thousand years. Revelators must act in accordance with the instructions which form a part of the revelation mandate. We see no way of overcoming this difficulty, either now or at any future time. We full well know that, while the historic facts and religious truths of this series of revelatory presentations will stand on the records of the ages to come, within a few short years many of our statements regarding the physical sciences will stand in need of revision in consequence of additional scientific developments and new discoveries. These new developments we even now foresee, but we are forbidden to include such humanly undiscovered facts in the revelatory records. Let it be made clear that revelations are not necessarily inspired. The cosmology of these revelations is not inspired. It is limited by our permission for the co-ordination and sorting of present-day knowledge. While divine or spiritual insight is a gift, human wisdom must evolve.

PostPosted:  

Hi All,
I am coming in late on this but let me answer the questions that have been raised in this thread, which I find to be quite fascinating.

Imagine if you were looking at the horizon into Chicago and between you and Chicago is Aurora. You would see the lights of Aurora first, but they would be against a backdrop of Chicago skyline. When we look at the Milkway Way, I believe we see our local universe first, but behind it is the much larger Orvonton center.

(Paper 15) The Milky Way is the central nucleus of our superuniverse; nearly all of the stars visible to the naked eye on Urantia are within Orvonton. When we look through the thickest area of the Milky Way, we are looking toward the central universe, the center of all things. The rotation point of our minor sector is located in the dense star cloud of Sagittarius.

41:2.2 Satania itself is composed of over seven thousand astronomical groups, or physical systems, few of which had an origin similar to that of your solar system. The astronomic center of Satania is an enormous dark island of space which, with its attendant spheres.

A galaxy can be any number of systems as long as they are in the same general geographical area. Orvonton itself is a really a galaxy of major sectors, minor sectors, constellations, and systems of stars, each of which which contain on average 1,000 planets suited for life:

15:6.10 The superuniverse of Orvonton is illuminated and warmed by more than ten trillion blazing suns.

In essence, if we look inward towards Orvonton, the belly of it is behind the Milky Way cloud; if we look outward (or away from the Milky Way) we are looking outward towards the first outer space region where the next stage of existence is coming into formation.

Now, that is way cool.