Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:46 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted:  

Maybe it's possible that the majority of Jews would recognize the new Planetary Prince as Messiah on the day he is inaugurated and announcement is made to humans of the event? Or must the Messiah be purely human? (The Planetary Prince would not be visible to human eyes).

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Riktare wrote:
Maybe it's possible that the majority of Jews would recognize the new Planetary Prince as Messiah on the day he is inaugurated and announcement is made to humans of the event? Or must the Messiah be purely human? (The Planetary Prince would not be visible to human eyes).

The Messiah must be a purely human individual, born of two human parents in the usual way, and he must be a lineal descendant of King David.

He must bring about world peace, either build, or at least rededicate the Temple, re-establish the Davidic Kingdom of Israel and rule it under his righteous rule, and must usher in the End of Days, and Judgement Day.

Upon the establishment of the Davidic Kingdom and the coming of the End of Days, all men will be judged. The worthy dead will rise from their graves. The unworthy will not. Those currently alive will make it through Judgement Day if they are worthy. Those who are not will cease to exist as though they had never been. All righteous non-Jews will take hold of the fringes of a Jew and will go up with him to Jerusalem (Zech. 8:23).

This is it in brief.

PostPosted:  

Hi Yaakov,

I can't wait to hear what you'll have to say after you read the fine details of what Part 4 says about the Jewish concept of the Messiah. Your comments so far about what you think the book says about the Messiah are not in harmony with what it says in Part 4.

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
Hi Yaakov,

I can't wait to hear what you'll have to say after you read the fine details of what Part 4 says about the Jewish concept of the Messiah. Your comments so far about what you think the book says about the Messiah are not in harmony with what it says in Part 4.

Please note that what I said about the Messiah has NOTHING to do or not to do with what the book says on the subject.

What I said about the Jewish concept of the Messiah is the concept that we have, and have always had, historically speaking, about the Messiah. The book may say or not say what it pleases. I shall read it when I get to that point in the narrative. I may or may not agree with it. But that is beside the point.

There are other aspects of Hebrew/Israelite/Jewish history as recorded in the UB with which I do not agree, particularly its argument that there were NOT 12 Tribes of Israel, but only 4. This, in my mind, is an illogical statement.

Unlike the rest of you, who take the UB for truth and judge all other Scriptures in light of that, I take the TaNaKh for Scripture, and judge all other Scriptures (including the UB) in light of that. Where they disagree, i take the TaNaKh as normative.

PostPosted:  

Yaakov,

Thanks for clarifying. I do enjoy finding out about the perspective of others.

PostPosted:  

Greetings,

The Urantia Papers are not scripture. They are not sacred. They are not the basis of a religion. The Papers should not be read as a holy text. To do so will result in confusion.

In Friendship,
Rexford

PostPosted:  

It's interesting how the weight of the truth puts one's feet on the ground.

Thanks Rexford!

PostPosted:  

Brother Yaakov001 8)

Simple question ...

Dont you think that thee Jewish Messiah

If or when he comes , Would He give a new revelation to ALL
That expands on an reveals much more than the
torah an TaNaKh .etc

also who/whom will be thee Jewish Messiah BE ?

And why ?

IF Thee Holy temple Is ever rebuilt will ALL Be welcome ?

Isnt thee Kingdom of God within .

PostPosted:  

IS This similar or correct to what you believe /
Curious ?

http://www.jewfaq.org/mashiach.htm

PostPosted:  

coop wrote:
IS This similar or correct to what you believe /
Curious ?

http://www.jewfaq.org/mashiach.htm

Essentially, yes. But I shall answer your first questions anyway.

coop wrote:
Brother Yaakov001 8)
Simple question ...

Dont you think that thee Jewish Messiah

If or when he comes , Would He give a new revelation to ALL
That expands on an reveals much more than the
torah an TaNaKh .etc

I am not so sure that there is much to expand ON, as such. The TaNaKh is pretty thorough in and of itself. I don't know that any more is needed, to be honest.

Quote:
also who/whom will be thee Jewish Messiah BE ?

And why ?

This can be answered by referring the question you asked about Judaism 101.

Quote:
IF Thee Holy temple Is ever rebuilt will ALL Be welcome ?

Of course all would be welcome along the same lines that all were in the Temples previously. There was always a Court of the Gentiles in previous Temples, where the "G-d-fearers", as they were then known, could worship.

Quote:
Isnt thee Kingdom of God within .

The Kingdom of G-d is both within AND without. I think that to neglect the literal building of G-d's Kingdom on Earth is to fundamentally misunderstand the Scriptures. This is a mistake. The TaNaKh makes it very clear that when Messiah comes, the entire world will be made to understand G-d as he truly is, and will worship him as he truly is. That does NOT mean they will all become Jews. It does mean, however, that all idolatry will be swept away, and worship of the true G-d will shine forth.

Rexford wrote:
Greetings,

The Urantia Papers are not scripture. They are not sacred. They are not the basis of a religion. The Papers should not be read as a holy text. To do so will result in confusion.

In Friendship,
Rexford

This is an interesting thought. You may or may not be right, for all I know. But I know plenty of people who use the text with the same authority as most people would give a divinely provided Scripture. So, in the end-all and be-all of the thing, does it matter what you call it when the purpose is still being served? Now I do NOT claim that every reader of the UB treats the book in this manner (my existence would give the lie to that statement alone!), but I am saying that I know a significant number of readers who do. What would you say to them? If the book is not, in your opinion, Scripture, but is something taken as very like it as two peas, then what is it?

PostPosted:  

It's the pod.

PostPosted:  

Yaakov001,

You asked what I would say to those who read the Urantia Papers as scripture. I would say the same thing. I'm not sure I understand your question.

Is it speaking with authority that bothers you? There have been plenty who pounded a pulpit and claimed authority who were merely self-deceived charlatans. And there have been plenty who fearfully follow such misguided authority. Men/women are often weak when it comes to things like this. Timid in spirit, afraid to trust the guidance of the Spirit within instead of the bossy big mouth at the pulpit. Both characteristics, bellicosity and fearfulness are the result of human frailty.

In Friendship,
Rexford

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
It's the pod.

Ah, what?

PostPosted:  

Yaakov001 wrote:
nodAmanaV wrote:
It's the pod.

Ah, what?

Come on Yaakov. The 5ER, the text of the UB, is the vestibule of all that came before, and all that will come after. It's the protective pod.

PostPosted:  

It's how the old will come out of its cocoon and into the light of day.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next