Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:41 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Anyone Can Follow Jesus
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:23 pm +0000
Posts: 9
How can I explain to someone when he claims you can only be Christian and follow Jesus, and you cannot follow Jesus and not be Christian.. When I know anyone can follow Jesus regardless of religion

_________________
The Long, Long Journey

The will creatures of universe upon universe have embarked upon the long, long Paradise journey, the fascinating struggle of the eternal adventure of attaining God the Father.

The Urantia Book, (1:0.3)


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Online

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:29 am +0000
Posts: 3658
I have been telling my Christian friends and family for decades that I am a Jesusonian. Always gets the conversation started. What's the difference? Plenty. But at the core of the Christian tradition and faith lies the Gospel OF Jesus - the Jesusonian religion - and most of it is pretty accurately recorded in any Red Letter edition of the New Testament.

I point out the conflicts and contradictions related in both the Old Testament and the Paulinian letters and John's so-called Revelation and challenge Christians to pick that gospel and record which is the most true and most easily understood - the paternal nature of God and the universal family of all creation. It is only our personal relationship with God that matters most and such a relationship, if true, is founded in love. And true believers, no matter their professed religion, do find love and its source within that truth.

Interestingly enough, every major religion has love at its center and God as creator and source of love and the family of all are mutually agreed upon....but alas, not all religionists yet believe that which their professed religion actually teaches.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:15 pm +0000
Posts: 232
Oceans333 wrote:
How can I explain to someone when he claims you can only be Christian and follow Jesus, and you cannot follow Jesus and not be Christian.. When I know anyone can follow Jesus regardless of religion

What you say, Oceans333, is correct that "anyone can follow Jesus regardless of religion", whereby I believe that the Urantia Book, has been formalized, for anyone to "follow" any religion and at the same time, live a life which follows a belief which "Jesus" taught. Whereby His example, can one proceed, regardless of where one finds information of Jesus' life experience.

fanofVan wrote:
I have been telling my Christian friends and family for decades that I am a Jesusonian. Always gets the conversation started. What's the difference? Plenty. But at the core of the Christian tradition and faith lies the Gospel OF Jesus - the Jesusonian religion - and most of it is pretty accurately recorded in any Red Letter edition of the New Testament.

I point out the conflicts and contradictions related in both the Old Testament and the Paulinian letters and John's so-called Revelation and challenge Christians to pick that gospel and record which is the most true and most easily understood - the paternal nature of God and the universal family of all creation. It is only our personal relationship with God that matters most and such a relationship, if true, is founded in love. And true believers, no matter their professed religion, do find love and its source within that truth.

Interestingly enough, every major religion has love at its center and God as creator and source of love and the family of all are mutually agreed upon....but alas, not all religionists yet believe that which their professed religion actually teaches.

"fanofVan" I could take exception to some of what you say above, however I'm not sure that it applies to Oceans333's initial OP (opening post), question, where it would seem that you suggest that "the Jesusonian religion", which has only been associated to the Urantia Book's content, whereby making the Urantia Book into a "religion" in itself. So, if based on your analogy as to presenting "the Jesusonian religion", as the only possible religion which does not assume "conflicts and contradictions related in both the Old Testament and the Paulinian letters and John's so-called Revelation and challenge Christians to pick that gospel and record which is the most true", as placing what you say as "someone when he claims you can only be Christian and follow Jesus" whereby you replace "Christian" with "Jesusonian". Would this not be the same analogy as presented in the OP?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Online

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:29 am +0000
Posts: 3658
There is no UB religion and no, Jesusonian does not flow from the UB, but at least for me, from the teachings and parables of Jesus as recorded in the Bible, and now reiterated in the UB - or as it has been known for 2000, the Gospel OF Jesus. It is simple, straight forward, and clearly presented.

The true religion is that one which is experientially lived and truth realized which brings forth the fruits of the spirit which are its only validation and verification and is individually unique in expression.

Too many believers claim belief but do not then change and act by that they claim belief in and then claim themselves religious. True religion transform the religionist. The Jesusonian Gospel is transformative and leads to love for others, an ever deepening and growing love until we are perfected by love.

And as Oceans333 says, anyone of any belief can follow Jesus' WAY and example, even those who never heard of him or his gospel....that is how true his gospel has been, has always been, and will always be. Jesus asked that he be believed, not that he be believed "in". Still works!!

8)


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:15 pm +0000
Posts: 232
fanofVan wrote:
There is no UB religion and no, Jesusonian does not flow from the UB, but at least for me, from the teachings and parables of Jesus as recorded in the Bible, and now reiterated in the UB - or as it has been known for 2000, the Gospel OF Jesus. It is simple, straight forward, and clearly presented.

The true religion is that one which is experientially lived and truth realized which brings forth the fruits of the spirit which are its only validation and verification and is individually unique in expression.

Too many believers claim belief but do not then change and act by that they claim belief in and then claim themselves religious. True religion transform the religionist. The Jesusonian Gospel is transformative and leads to love for others, an ever deepening and growing love until we are perfected by love.
[. . .]

"fanofVan", my presentation towards your initial statement is based on your use of "- the Jesusonian religion -", where you profess "that I am a Jesusonian", where by, by your own definition you follow "the Jesusonian religion", as opposed to being considered as a "Christian".
I have, prior to making the statement, associating "Jesusonian" with the Urantia Book, where I have done an extensive search on "Jesusonian" and all paths lead back to the "Urantia Book", where even the "Posters Guidelines" in the "announcement section" of this forums subsection, http://truthbook.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=525, where it states the following: "The Jesusonian Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) Nonprofit Religious Foundation."
However, in reviewing many of your previous posts and where you use "Jesusonian" in reference to "Gospel" or in this case "religion", you seem to be the originator of the reference to, again, "Jesusonian Gospel" and or "Jesusonian religion." Therefore it is by your implication where you associate "The Jesusonian Foundation" with a "Gospel or Religion", where if I am incorrect in your personally associating the "foundation" as a "Religion" and having presented a "Gospel", then I would apologize in advance, however, all indications show otherwise, and that by your self proclamation, if the Urantia Book is a Religion, then the UB would be considered by you as the equivalent to a "Bible", not to be miss-defined as "Book".

Oh, yes, may I ask for clarification as to the meaning of your statement above: "Too many believers claim belief but do not then change and act by that they claim belief in and then claim themselves religious." Whereby, are you questioning the belief of other persons who believe in Jesus' teachings, and do not change, to ?-what-? If not those who consider themselves as being "religionist" or students of all religions, yet can still follow the teachings of Jesus.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Online

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:29 am +0000
Posts: 3658
Glad to clarify as I can. We are taught in text that true religious experience is transformative so that which is believed but does not change us lacks any conviction or faith by definitions provided by the UB. Love is transformative. Self forgetting service transforms the mind. One must act in love and by faith; if not then one's beliefs are false OR one is professing a belief but is not living by such belief. The profession of religion is not truly religion at all. Or so we are taught.

Belief is of little value without choices and actions based upon it. Belief does not save nor transform until it is activated and expressed by the choices made by faith. Knowledge, like belief, does not transform either.

(1125.1) 102:6.6 Though reason can always question faith, faith can always supplement both reason and logic. Reason creates the probability which faith can transform into a moral certainty, even a spiritual experience. God is the first truth and the last fact; therefore does all truth take origin in him, while all facts exist relative to him. God is absolute truth. As truth one may know God, but to understand — to explain — God, one must explore the fact of the universe of universes. The vast gulf between the experience of the truth of God and ignorance as to the fact of God can be bridged only by living faith. Reason alone cannot achieve harmony between infinite truth and universal fact.

(1125.2) 102:6.7 Belief may not be able to resist doubt and withstand fear, but faith is always triumphant over doubting, for faith is both positive and living. The positive always has the advantage over the negative, truth over error, experience over theory, spiritual realities over the isolated facts of time and space. The convincing evidence of this spiritual certainty consists in the social fruits of the spirit which such believers, faithers, yield as a result of this genuine spiritual experience. Said Jesus: “If you love your fellows as I have loved you, then shall all men know that you are my disciples.”

There is only one true religion....the one which is lived and personalized in the unique individualization of truth, beauty, and goodness as experienced by each person and as expressed by choice and by act. Neither Michael nor Jesus invented the Jesusonian Way - they but expressed it by the living of it as the 4th Epochal Revelation of truth and fact. The gift to us of the Spirit of Truth testifies still to each mind that WAY....the paternity of Deity and the family of God in familial love and to act thusly.


Each mind led by love and faith into choice will change....into a better experience and expression of that experience within their potential. They become "more" than before by the effects of the primal cause - love. This does not mean that they become like others or that uniformity results by such transformation. Destiny always remain personal and experiential for each believer as does our expression of love and service remain unique. A symphony sounds best by the most instruments and most musicians within the orchestra, no? The weaving of note and harmony by the each into the wholeness of symphonic grandeur!!

Not understanding the "Foundation" issue or question. There is no organization or group of people who determine religion or that which is religious - this is for each religionist. If there are a billion catholics, how many religions do they have? A billion and certainly not one, despite any and all claims to the contrary. Same with Jews, Baptists, Muslims, Buddists , or Mormons. The religion that is lived is far more "true" than that which is based on belief but then not lived. And there is no set of facts, knowledge, or belief required for a transformative religious life and experience which brings forth the fruit of the Spirit.

8)


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Online

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:29 am +0000
Posts: 3658
(1781.1) 160:5.5 The social characteristics of a true religion consist in the fact that it invariably seeks to convert the individual and to transform the world. Religion implies the existence of undiscovered ideals which far transcend the known standards of ethics and morality embodied in even the highest social usages of the most mature institutions of civilization. Religion reaches out for undiscovered ideals, unexplored realities, superhuman values, divine wisdom, and true spirit attainment. True religion does all of this; all other beliefs are not worthy of the name. You cannot have a genuine spiritual religion without the supreme and supernal ideal of an eternal God. A religion without this God is an invention of man, a human institution of lifeless intellectual beliefs and meaningless emotional ceremonies. A religion might claim as the object of its devotion a great ideal. But such ideals of unreality are not attainable; such a concept is illusionary. The only ideals susceptible of human attainment are the divine realities of the infinite values resident in the spiritual fact of the eternal God.



(1781.3) 160:5.7 The religion of Jesus transcends all our former concepts of the idea of worship in that he not only portrays his Father as the ideal of infinite reality but positively declares that this divine source of values and the eternal center of the universe is truly and personally attainable by every mortal creature who chooses to enter the kingdom of heaven on earth, thereby acknowledging the acceptance of sonship with God and brotherhood with man. That, I submit, is the highest concept of religion the world has ever known, and I pronounce that there can never be a higher since this gospel embraces the infinity of realities, the divinity of values, and the eternity of universal attainments. Such a concept constitutes the achievement of the experience of the idealism of the supreme and the ultimate.

(1782.1) 160:5.10 I see in the teachings of Jesus, religion at its best. This gospel enables us to seek for the true God and to find him. But are we willing to pay the price of this entrance into the kingdom of heaven? Are we willing to be born again? to be remade? Are we willing to be subject to this terrible and testing process of self-destruction and soul reconstruction? Has not the Master said: “Whoso would save his life must lose it. Think not that I have come to bring peace but rather a soul struggle”? True, after we pay the price of dedication to the Father’s will, we do experience great peace provided we continue to walk in these spiritual paths of consecrated living.

(1782.2) 160:5.11 Now are we truly forsaking the lures of the known order of existence while we unreservedly dedicate our quest to the lures of the unknown and unexplored order of the existence of a future life of adventure in the spirit worlds of the higher idealism of divine reality. And we seek for those symbols of meaning wherewith to convey to our fellow men these concepts of the reality of the idealism of the religion of Jesus, and we will not cease to pray for that day when all mankind shall be thrilled by the communal vision of this supreme truth. Just now, our focalized concept of the Father, as held in our hearts, is that God is spirit; as conveyed to our fellows, that God is love.

(1782.3) 160:5.12 The religion of Jesus demands living and spiritual experience. Other religions may consist in traditional beliefs, emotional feelings, philosophic consciousness, and all of that, but the teaching of the Master requires the attainment of actual levels of real spirit progression.

By a brother named Rodan. Couldn't have said it better myself - hahahaha! 8)


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Online

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:29 am +0000
Posts: 3658
(303.5) 27:7.1 Worship is the highest privilege and the first duty of all created intelligences. Worship is the conscious and joyous act of recognizing and acknowledging the truth and fact of the intimate and personal relationships of the Creators with their creatures. The quality of worship is determined by the depth of creature perception; and as the knowledge of the infinite character of the Gods progresses, the act of worship becomes increasingly all-encompassing until it eventually attains the glory of the highest experiential delight and the most exquisite pleasure known to created beings.

(304.3) 27:7.5 All the arts of all the beings of the entire universe which are capable of intensifying and exalting the abilities of self-expression and the conveyance of appreciation, are employed to their highest capacity in the worship of the Paradise Deities. Worship is the highest joy of Paradise existence; it is the refreshing play of Paradise. What play does for your jaded minds on earth, worship will do for your perfected souls on Paradise. The mode of worship on Paradise is utterly beyond mortal comprehension, but the spirit of it you can begin to appreciate even down here on Urantia, for the spirits of the Gods even now indwell you, hover over you, and inspire you to true worship.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:15 pm +0000
Posts: 232
By the presentation and statement indicating “the Gospel OF Jesus - the Jesusonian religion –“, has now been changed to the “the religion of Jesus”, whereby it can be assumed that “the Gospel OF Jesus” is a “Religion”. However, it can be better a likened to the theological philosophies of Jesus, as from the transcripts presented of His life. Therefore, by various presentations, presented it might be assumed that “Jesus” should be “worshiped” as “All religions teach the worship of Deity”, however I have found no mention that “Jesus” considered Himself anything other than a Son of the Father, who was “God”, and refrained from proclaiming Himself as “Deity”, to be worshiped.
Quote:
(67.3) 5:4.5 All religions teach the worship of Deity and some doctrine of human salvation. The Buddhist religion promises salvation from suffering, unending peace; the Jewish religion promises salvation from difficulties, prosperity predicated on righteousness; the Greek religion promised salvation from disharmony, ugliness, by the realization of beauty; Christianity promises salvation from sin, sanctity; Mohammedanism provides deliverance from the rigorous moral standards of Judaism and Christianity. The religion of Jesus is salvation from self, deliverance from the evils of creature isolation in time and in eternity.

“The religion of Jesus”, is not an established “religion” to be proclaimed as a social doctrine, but to be “lived” through “spiritual experience” which can be shared by anyone, and can be emulated through the example of “Jesus’” life as recorded in many texts, not just one specific narration.
Quote:
(966.1) 87:7.6 Regardless of the drawbacks and handicaps, every new revelation of truth has given rise to a new cult, and even the restatement of the religion of Jesus must develop a new and appropriate symbolism. Modern man must find some adequate symbolism for his new and expanding ideas, ideals, and loyalties. This enhanced symbol must arise out of religious living, spiritual experience. And this higher symbolism of a higher civilization must be predicated on the concept of the Fatherhood of God and be pregnant with the mighty ideal of the brotherhood of man.

“The Gospel of Jesus” can be localized into one statement, as indicated below, and needs little more than this one statement, which has no mention of an organized religion other than Jesus’ “personal gospel: the Fatherhood of God and the universal brotherhood of all men.”
Quote:
(1084.9) 98:7.11 As the original teachings of Jesus penetrated the Occident, they became Occidentalized, and as they became Occidentalized, they began to lose their potentially universal appeal to all races and kinds of men. Christianity, today, has become a religion well adapted to the social, economic, and political mores of the white races. It has long since ceased to be the religion of Jesus, although it still valiantly portrays a beautiful religion about Jesus to such individuals as sincerely seek to follow in the way of its teaching. It has glorified Jesus as the Christ, the Messianic anointed one from God, but has largely forgotten the Master’s personal gospel: the Fatherhood of God and the universal brotherhood of all men.

The “primal cause” is “the Fatherhood of God” and that “love” is the understanding of “brotherly love” to all.
Quote:
(47.1) 3:2.3 Of all the divine attributes, his omnipotence, especially as it prevails in the material universe, is the best understood. Viewed as an unspiritual phenomenon, God is energy. This declaration of physical fact is predicated on the incomprehensible truth that the First Source and Center is the primal cause of the universal physical phenomena of all space. From this divine activity all physical energy and other material manifestations are derived. Light, that is, light without heat, is another of the nonspiritual manifestations of the Deities. And there is still another form of nonspiritual energy which is virtually unknown on Urantia; it is as yet unrecognized.

Quote:
(481.5) 42:11.1 In the evaluation and recognition of mind it should be remembered that the universe is neither mechanical nor magical; it is a creation of mind and a mechanism of law. But while in practical application the laws of nature operate in what seems to be the dual realms of the physical and the spiritual, in reality they are one. The First Source and Center is the primal cause of all materialization and at the same time the first and final Father of all spirits. The Paradise Father appears personally in the extra-Havona universes only as pure energy and pure spirit — as the Thought Adjusters and other similar fragmentations.

Quote:
(644.7) 56:9.5 As creature minds may view this problem, they are led to the final postulate of the Universal I AM as the primal cause and the unqualified source of both the Trinity and the Absolute. When, therefore, we crave to entertain a personal concept of the Absolute, we revert to our ideas and ideals of the Paradise Father. When we desire to facilitate comprehension or to augment consciousness of this otherwise impersonal Absolute, we revert to the fact that the Universal Father is the existential Father of absolute personality; the Eternal Son is the Absolute Person, though not, in the experiential sense, the personalization of the Absolute. And then we go on to envisage the experiential Trinities as culminating in the experiential personalization of the Deity Absolute, while conceiving the Universal Absolute as constituting the universe and the extrauniverse phenomena of the manifest presence of the impersonal activities of the unified and co-ordinated Deity associations of supremacy, ultimacy, and infinity — the Trinity of Trinities.

Quote:
(1147.11) 104:4.1 In attempting the description of seven triunities, attention is directed to the fact that the Universal Father is the primal member of each. He is, was, and ever will be: the First Universal Father-Source, Absolute Center, Primal Cause, Universal Controller, Limitless Energizer, Original Unity, Unqualified Upholder, First Person of Deity, Primal Cosmic Pattern, and Essence of Infinity. The Universal Father is the personal cause of the Absolutes; he is the absolute of Absolutes.

(1148.1) 104:4.2 The nature and meaning of the seven triunities may be suggested as:

(1148.2) 104:4.3 The First Triunity — the personal-purposive triunity. This is the grouping of the three Deity personalities:

(1148.3) 104:4.4 1. The Universal Father.
(1148.4) 104:4.5 2. The Eternal Son.
(1148.5) 104:4.6 3. The Infinite Spirit.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Online

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:29 am +0000
Posts: 3658
Cal says, " Therefore, by various presentations, presented it might be assumed that “Jesus” should be “worshiped” as “All religions teach the worship of Deity”, however I have found no mention that “Jesus” considered Himself anything other than a Son of the Father, who was “God”, and refrained from proclaiming Himself as “Deity”, to be worshiped."

Brad here: An excellent point Cal. Jesus even asked, “Why do you call me good? None is good but God.”

Jesus never asked to be worshipped or believed "in", only to be believed in his Good News to all.

Cal also says, "The “primal cause” is “the Fatherhood of God” and that “love” is the understanding of “brotherly love” to all."

Brad here: That's a great start for us tadpoles. Eventually though, we must pass through many phases of even higher love to become perfected in love for our eternal service and adventure to come. We must learn to love others as Jesus loved his fellows and as Michael loves his created ones and as a son loves a father and as a father and a mother loves their child.

(1950.2) 180:5.7 In the kingdom of the believing brotherhood of God-knowing truth lovers, this golden rule takes on living qualities of spiritual realization on those higher levels of interpretation which cause the mortal sons of God to view this injunction of the Master as requiring them so to relate themselves to their fellows that they will receive the highest possible good as a result of the believer’s contact with them. This is the essence of true religion: that you love your neighbor as yourself.

(1950.3) 180:5.8 But the highest realization and the truest interpretation of the golden rule consists in the consciousness of the spirit of the truth of the enduring and living reality of such a divine declaration. The true cosmic meaning of this rule of universal relationship is revealed only in its spiritual realization, in the interpretation of the law of conduct by the spirit of the Son to the spirit of the Father that indwells the soul of mortal man. And when such spirit-led mortals realize the true meaning of this golden rule, they are filled to overflowing with the assurance of citizenship in a friendly universe, and their ideals of spirit reality are satisfied only when they love their fellows as Jesus loved us all, and that is the reality of the realization of the love of God.

(1950.4) 180:5.9 This same philosophy of the living flexibility and cosmic adaptability of divine truth to the individual requirements and capacity of every son of God, must be perceived before you can hope adequately to understand the Master’s teaching and practice of nonresistance to evil. The Master’s teaching is basically a spiritual pronouncement. Even the material implications of his philosophy cannot be helpfully considered apart from their spiritual correlations. The spirit of the Master’s injunction consists in the nonresistance of all selfish reaction to the universe, coupled with the aggressive and progressive attainment of righteous levels of true spirit values: divine beauty, infinite goodness, and eternal truth — to know God and to become increasingly like him.

(1950.5) 180:5.10 Love, unselfishness, must undergo a constant and living readaptative interpretation of relationships in accordance with the leading of the Spirit of Truth. Love must thereby grasp the ever-changing and enlarging concepts of the highest cosmic good of the individual who is loved. And then love goes on to strike this same attitude concerning all other individuals who could possibly be influenced by the growing and living relationship of one spirit-led mortal’s love for other citizens of the universe. And this entire living adaptation of love must be effected in the light of both the environment of present evil and the eternal goal of the perfection of divine destiny.

(1950.6) 180:5.11 And so must we clearly recognize that neither the golden rule nor the teaching of nonresistance can ever be properly understood as dogmas or precepts. They can only be comprehended by living them, by realizing their meanings in the living interpretation of the Spirit of Truth, who directs the loving contact of one human being with another.

Cool beans!!! Oceans333 - Upon further reflection, I think my short answer to your posted question is that all who love others have joined the Family of God and are following Jesus, whether they know or claim it.

Peace

8) :wink:


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:15 pm +0000
Posts: 232
fanofVan wrote:
(1950.3) 180:5.8 But the highest realization and the truest interpretation of the golden rule consists in the consciousness of the spirit of the truth of the enduring and living reality of such a divine declaration. The true cosmic meaning of this rule of universal relationship is revealed only in its spiritual realization, in the interpretation of the law of conduct by the spirit of the Son to the spirit of the Father that indwells the soul of mortal man. And when such spirit-led mortals realize the true meaning of this golden rule, they are filled to overflowing with the assurance of citizenship in a friendly universe, and their ideals of spirit reality are satisfied only when they love their fellows as Jesus loved us all, and that is the reality of the realization of the love of God.

In conjunction with the quote that "fanofVan" presented, where "a friendly universe" is noted, which assumes that even Urantia could be considered as a "friendly" place, should everyone follow the "golden rule", it should be remembered that not everyone follows the "golden rule", therefore the following can apply:
Quote:
(1477.3) 133:5.8 There is unity in the cosmic universe if you could only discern its workings in actuality. The real universe is friendly to every child of the eternal God. The real problem is: How can the finite mind of man achieve a logical, true, and corresponding unity of thought? This universe-knowing state of mind can be had only by conceiving that the quantitative fact and the qualitative value have a common causation in the Paradise Father. Such a conception of reality yields a broader insight into the purposeful unity of universe phenomena; it even reveals a spiritual goal of progressive personality achievement. And this is a concept of unity which can sense the unchanging background of a living universe of continually changing impersonal relations and evolving personal relationships.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:28 am +0000
Posts: 52
Oceans333 wrote:
How can I explain to someone when he claims you can only be Christian and follow Jesus, and you cannot follow Jesus and not be Christian.. When I know anyone can follow Jesus regardless of religion


Since Christianity happened after Jesus lived his life here, what is there to explain?
It is the perfection of his human self and his revelation of the Father that is our religion and this message made it to everyone on this and all inhabited and yet to be inhabited planets in Nebadon two melenia prior to the fifth revelation. How that happens should light up ones curiosity more than who is or is not a Christian.
The number of Christians in relation to who got the message is hardly measurable.
Too easy to get caught up in trivial arguements.
When we try to master our own minds and hear/respond to the voice of the adjuster, like Jesus showed us, begin to know God and try to be like him, its just true religion.
Christianity just don't capture the concept imho.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:42 am +0000
Posts: 282
There are many types of "Jesusonians" in the world, as I have noticed, some of whom have nothing to do with the UB, and in fact have never even heard of it. Strictly speaking, a Jesusonian is defined as anyone who believes in the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth. Ergo, this applies to anyone from a traditional Christian all the way to a follower of the UB and everything in between. Practically speaking, however, the term is generally used to refer to those who follow Jesus but are NOT traditional Christians. But that's as may be.

And then you have people who can't technically be classified as Jesusonians or Christians, but that do have a place in their belief structure for Jesus. Muslims would fit into this category, as would Cao Dai, Vuo Dun (Voo Doo or its West African equivalents), Santeria, and that kind of thing, and others.

Naturally your so-called "Messianic Jews" are classified as Christians. Most of them have theology that is indistinguishable from that of the Southern Baptist Convention, and in fact, most of them aren't even Jews, and the ones that are ethnically so are no longer deemed to be Jews by the Jewish community.

Looking at it from the outside in, I tend to regard anyone who looks at Jesus as anything more than a Rabbi to be some kind of Jesusonian, but then, I am saying this without benefit of having read all of the Jesus Papers. So I shall suspend final judgment until such time as I have completed all the Papers of Parts III and IV.

That having been said, all is well. I look forward to hearing your responses.


Last edited by Yaakov001 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:06 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:21 am +0000
Posts: 940
Oceans333 wrote:
How can I explain to someone when he claims you can only be Christian and follow Jesus, and you cannot follow Jesus and not be Christian.. When I know anyone can follow Jesus regardless of religion


maybe if you point out that all of the major religions have something good, something true or something beautiful and as such they are worthwhile approaches to the religion of Jesus which unites truth, beauty and goodness in Love.

and if they don't like the sound of that tell them you can follow only paul to be a christian...then run away before their head explodes ;-)


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Registered users: fanofVan


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group