Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:45 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

"Therefore will your first assignment of the morontia life be as assistants to the seraphim in the immediate work awaiting at the time you attain personality consciousness..." [113:7.3]

Other than the above statement, I am not finding anything pertaining to work assignments on mansion world one. Any thoughts on what they might be?

I'm thinking that the administration of the mansion worlds may be analogous to what's required for a modern society to function: governmental administration, science and technology, social organizations and activities, and so on. It'll requires a cadre of personnel either already versed in those areas or in training and assisting. Perhaps mansion world one ascenders would serve as assistants in these areas.

Assignments would be made according to aptitudes and talents. It may be our experience and accomplishments on earth would serve as criteria for assignment. Then again, perhaps our horizons could use expansion and we'd be assigned to areas in which we had little or no experience. But we'd still have an aptitude for the work; why place a duck in the desert?

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Hi Richard,

As it happens I was pondering this earlier today (right about the time you made your post)... glad you asked the question!

For some time I have been inching toward the conclusion that early on in the second life, we may serve as assistants to the seraphim and associated personalities who are ministering on the mansion worlds to the resurrected mortals from Urantia. These may be personalities who are either at a lower relative spiritual status than we are, or have some deficiency that we, through our unique life experiences and in association with other universe personalities, can help to restore.

The UB often refers to the universe as one vast training school and always reminds us of the value of service. There is at least one reference that we will not be considered having mastered something until we have taught it to others. Who better for progressing mortals to relate to than those who hail from their planet of origin? Just as we minister to those in need here, it seems only logical to me that we will continue such service as our journey unfolds.

- quil

PostPosted:  

Quil

Excellent thought that our assistance to seraphim and others would be (at least in part) to mortals who would benefit from what we have achieved. I had considered that upon arriving on mansion world one we’d be low on the totem pole, receiving all assistance and not yet able to render any. I can see now that is not so. Rather, in areas we have done well in character building and gained experience we can be useful and benefit those mortals who have not yet attained. Your coupling of teaching and sharing with other ascenders what we have acquired as evidence of mastery makes sense.

It's a new thought that our service would be inclined to those from Urantia. Our common experience living on our unusual and backward planet would enable us to empathetically discern needs and suggest solutions.

In this vein, it’s likely most morontia transition ministers lack firsthand experience of living on Urantia and working in the planetary administration. So putting our heads together with the seraphim we’re assisting may help them recognize and understand what is needed.

It seems being “assistants to the seraphim in the immediate work awaiting” does not necessarily infer assignment to work groups. Being part of a team requires a level of socialization that character defects and intellectual and spiritual deficiencies may make impractical. It’s on mansion world two that “the groupings of the morontia life begin to take form; working groups and social organizations start to function, communities take on formal proportions, and the advancing mortals inaugurate new social orders and governmental arrangements.” (47:4.1)

While working with teams may not be a significant part of the mansion world one experience, I suppose there would be flexibility so a mortal who has mastered the skills of socialization sufficiently may be assigned to teams should the need be there.