Switch to full style
A forum for thought provoking questions & answers of a spiritual nature or as pertaining to the Urantia Papers.
Post a reply

Life Carrier Plans - post Adam & Eve

Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:44 pm +0000

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone else has noticed the following:
51:5.2 Usually the violet peoples do not begin to amalgamate with the planetary natives until their own group numbers over one million ...

77:2.2 ... The Life Carriers had planned a new type of mortal embracing the union of the conjoint offspring of the Prince’s staff with the first-generation offspring of Adam and Eve. ...

I had always thought that Adam and Eve's error was that they weren't patient enough to wait til their offspring numbered a million. But this shows that they only needed to wait one generation! Or have I interpreted it wrong? Were the Life Carrier plans abandoned by then, because of the rebellion among the Prince's staff?

kiwi

Re: Life Carrier Plans - post Adam & Eve

Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:52 am +0000

I can't remember now if the first generation would have been immortal like Adam and Eve. But they would have had probably very, very long lives.

Re: Life Carrier Plans - post Adam & Eve

Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:08 am +0000

kiwi wrote:
I had always thought that Adam and Eve's error was that they weren't patient enough to wait til their offspring numbered a million. But this shows that they only needed to wait one generation! Or have I interpreted it wrong? Were the Life Carrier plans abandoned by then, because of the rebellion among the Prince's staff?

To my understanding of the passages, I think you are right that the plan for the union of the conjoint offspring of the Prince’s staff (if a rebellion never occurred) with the first-generation offspring of Adam and Eve was abandoned because of the rebellion but nevertheless and unplanned there happened almost similar to it, when the rebel Prince’s staffs (after the rebellion), regarded as “sons of god” during those times went in to the “daughters of men” and they bore to them, their children were the ‘mighty men of old,’ the ‘men of renown.’ If there were no rebellion and the Life Carrier’s plan was carried out, there would have been “new order of planetary creatures whom they hoped would become the teacher-rulers of human society. Such beings were designed for social sovereignty, not civil sovereignty”.
Post a reply