Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:16 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

As we live our lives, is it possible, is it helpful, is it suggested that we seek-cultivate
contact with our thought adjuster? And, if significant contact/communication is
established, is it easy to differentiate It (him/her) from our being in touch with an
aspect of our own sub-conscious mind?

If yes, does the Urantia Book make specific technique suggestions anywhere, such as
using a particular form of contemplation or meditation or something completely different?
Breathing techniques? Diet helps? Eyes open or closed? Limiting external sensory stimulations:
light, sound? Or adding helps, such as a usual location, chair, laying down, incense,
mirror etc. to stimulate the sub-conscious to help?

Is our subconscious mind necessary for clear meaningful helpful dialogue with our thought-adjuster?

And do the Urantia Papers or your personal experience suggest how to best discern between
the workings and presence of one's thought-adjuster as opposed to various personality
manifestations of our own (subconscious) mind?

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hello 777eric,

I think the concept of the Thought Adjuster is confusing to many people. They tend to assume that since The Urantia book discusses and explains the presence of the TA in their minds that that must mean they should be able to have a chat session. The Thought Adjuster is God the Father, not your buddy. The purpose of the TA is to provide guidance and direction to seeking souls, to help maneuver their thoughts toward spiritual progress... it's not a 2 way conversation although when you pray most likely it's your TA who receives your prayers. Attempts to "converse" with God will probably lead to contact with the subconscious mind rather than the superconscious and TUB warns to steer clear of subconscious and psychic activities.

So, no, don't try metaphysical techniques or attempt to develop psychic abilities... they're unnecessary. What's expected of you here on this world is to work at developing for yourself the attitudes Jesus exemplified, trust Jesus, try to be more like Jesus in your daily life. If you can focus on that your will accomplish more in your lifetime than most people can dream of.

Larry

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

HI Brother Eric

A Very good reply n advice from Brother Larry .

The Urantia Book says this About the Thought Adjusters,
please do take some time to read it , as its explains a lot
of your questions an more.

http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-sta ... p-result-0

PostPosted:  

3. Co-operation with the Adjuster

(1205.5) 110:3.1 Adjusters are playing the sacred and superb game of the ages; they are engaged in one of the supreme adventures of time in space. And how happy they are when your co-operation permits them to lend assistance in your short struggles of time as they continue to prosecute their larger tasks of eternity. But usually, when your Adjuster attempts to communicate with you, the message is lost in the material currents of the energy streams of human mind; only occasionally do you catch an echo, a faint and distant echo, of the divine voice.

(1205.6) 110:3.2 The success of your Adjuster in the enterprise of piloting you through the mortal life and bringing about your survival depends not so much on the theories of your beliefs as upon your decisions, determinations, and steadfast faith. All these movements of personality growth become powerful influences aiding in your advancement because they help you to co-operate with the Adjuster; they assist you in ceasing to resist. Thought Adjusters succeed or apparently fail in their terrestrial undertakings just in so far as mortals succeed or fail to co-operate with the scheme whereby they are to be advanced along the ascending path of perfection attainment. The secret of survival is wrapped up in the supreme human desire to be Godlike and in the associated willingness to do and be any and all things which are essential to the final attainment of that overmastering desire.

(1206.1) 110:3.3 When we speak of an Adjuster’s success or failure, we are speaking in terms of human survival. Adjusters never fail; they are of the divine essence, and they always emerge triumphant in each of their undertakings.

(1206.2) 110:3.4 I cannot but observe that so many of you spend so much time and thought on mere trifles of living, while you almost wholly overlook the more essential realities of everlasting import, those very accomplishments which are concerned with the development of a more harmonious working agreement between you and your Adjusters. The great goal of human existence is to attune to the divinity of the indwelling Adjuster; the great achievement of mortal life is the attainment of a true and understanding consecration to the eternal aims of the divine spirit who waits and works within your mind. But a devoted and determined effort to realize eternal destiny is wholly compatible with a lighthearted and joyous life and with a successful and honorable career on earth. Co-operation with the Thought Adjuster does not entail self-torture, mock piety, or hypocritical and ostentatious self-abasement; the ideal life is one of loving service rather than an existence of fearful apprehension.*

(1206.3) 110:3.5 Confusion, being puzzled, even sometimes discouraged and distracted, does not necessarily signify resistance to the leadings of the indwelling Adjuster. Such attitudes may sometimes connote lack of active co-operation with the divine Monitor and may, therefore, somewhat delay spiritual progress, but such intellectual emotional difficulties do not in the least interfere with the certain survival of the God-knowing soul. Ignorance alone can never prevent survival; neither can confusional doubts nor fearful uncertainty. Only conscious resistance to the Adjuster’s leading can prevent the survival of the evolving immortal soul.

(1206.4) 110:3.6 You must not regard co-operation with your Adjuster as a particularly conscious process, for it is not; but your motives and your decisions, your faithful determinations and your supreme desires, do constitute real and effective co-operation. You can consciously augment Adjuster harmony by:

(1206.5) 110:3.7 1. Choosing to respond to divine leading; sincerely basing the human life on the highest consciousness of truth, beauty, and goodness, and then co-ordinating these qualities of divinity through wisdom, worship, faith, and love.

(1206.6) 110:3.8 2. Loving God and desiring to be like him — genuine recognition of the divine fatherhood and loving worship of the heavenly Parent.

(1206.7) 110:3.9 3. Loving man and sincerely desiring to serve him — wholehearted recognition of the brotherhood of man coupled with an intelligent and wise affection for each of your fellow mortals.

(1206.8) 110:3.10 4. Joyful acceptance of cosmic citizenship — honest recognition of your progressive obligations to the Supreme Being, awareness of the interdependence of evolutionary man and evolving Deity. This is the birth of cosmic morality and the dawning realization of universal duty.

PostPosted:  

(1207.6) 110:4.6 For many thousands of years, so the records of Jerusem show, in each generation there have lived fewer and fewer beings who could function safely with self-acting Adjusters. This is an alarming picture, and the supervising personalities of Satania look with favor upon the proposals of some of your more immediate planetary supervisors who advocate the inauguration of measures designed to foster and conserve the higher spiritual types of the Urantia races."

Agree with Coop, read Paper 120 and get back to us with your suggestions for your own "first contact"....

Just remember that our physical air waves are completely saturated with EMFs generated by "wireless" and other gizmos and gadgets - I can't find that photo that overlays an artistic visualization of all the transmissions over a NYC street corner -

and I am mentioning EMFs only because the amount of "noise" we carry within us is just as chaotic and dense

Plus, the first "person" you meet when you DO reach the "SUPER"conscious state that the higher spiritual types of Urantia races still have it in them to reach is

drum roll please.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsWR0CTWazQ

PostPosted:  

lwatkins wrote:
Hello 777eric,

I think the concept of the Thought Adjuster is confusing to many people. They tend to assume that since The Urantia book discusses and explains the presence of the TA in their minds that that must mean they should be able to have a chat session. The Thought Adjuster is God the Father, not your buddy. The purpose of the TA is to provide guidance and direction to seeking souls, to help maneuver their thoughts toward spiritual progress... it's not a 2 way conversation although when you pray most likely it's your TA who receives your prayers. Attempts to "converse" with God will probably lead to contact with the subconscious mind rather than the superconscious and TUB warns to steer clear of subconscious and psychic activities.

So, no, don't try metaphysical techniques or attempt to develop psychic abilities... they're unnecessary. What's expected of you here on this world is to work at developing for yourself the attitudes Jesus exemplified, trust Jesus, try to be more like Jesus in your daily life. If you can focus on that your will accomplish more in your lifetime than most people can dream of.

Larry

Brother Larry, this is hugely important to me what you say here, and thanks for the above reply. Because, yes, i have been thinking of the TA as a buddy riding along who might be lonely for someone to talk to, bored, or wondering why i haven't done more to communicate with it. Yes, have been down the subconscious road a little ways in the past with questionable, and some happy, and some disturbing results, and disturbance from such in my dream life also. So i've wondered about this all. And thanks for the encouragement that something of good enduring value can be accomplished with my remaining years here.

Am definitely working on the Jesus/Michael attitudes part in my marriage, with family, being a nicer person, and being more involved with a church i like for expanded friendships and service opportunities, and perhaps someday a simple relaxed friendly focused UB reading group at home or near location.

Do want to ask brother, what about prayer? It seems like Jesus approached prayer in the Urantia Book, and as a simple heartfelt communication with our Heavenly Father/First Cause. So we also do the same? Do Urantia Book people typically pray very much, or just mainly read the UB and serve others as opportunities present themselves? If i pray more like Jesus did, should i expect to get some answers or direction of any kind, in any way?

I have left the required repetitious prayers of Islam and those i use to do throughout the day that denied God had any sons etc. And have thought more about the Lord's Prayer has a guideline in more recent days.

Candidly, i was initially thinking that if i somehow i could connect more directly with the TA, then i could have more answers, be more, do more, experience more, make more progress in life, find out what i'm supposed to be doing now.

Will take your advice and am careful to save all replies from everyone.
Trusting and relating to Jesus and God is something i definitely need to grow more into.

PostPosted:  

The Only time or one of the times that I Really
thought that I Had '' contact '' with my Thought adjuster
was when i was doing something that i knew was
unhealthy to my body n mind , an i heard a internal
yet almost audibul voice that said simply
an clearly Said ...'' Hey!? WHAT THE F ... are you Doing ?''
Seriously No Joke ,,,
YET Of course it was probably only my subconscious.
or maybe not ...

PostPosted:  

Thank you also coop and i must speak. Will carefully look over all you shared. A lot to think about and consider.
Very valuable. There is alot here in these papers to sink in. I am not sure about "the first contact" suggestion? If and when i have one, will endeavor to get back and comment.

PostPosted:  

coop wrote:
The Only time or one of the times that I Really
thought that I Had '' contact '' with my Thought adjuster
was when i was doing something that i knew was
unhealthy to my body n mind , an i heard a internal
yet almost audibul voice that said simply
an clearly Said ...'' Hey!? WHAT THE F ... are you Doing ?''
Seriously No Joke ,,,
YET Of course it was probably only my subconscious.
or maybe not ...

yes, i had this happen only twice that i can remember. One time it was just my name, and i wanted to hear more but didn't. The 2nd time i was at work, and it was a warning about someone coming while i was thinking deeply. Perhaps my subconscious also.

PostPosted:  

Yes My Brother Eric
Pray Often an always anytime an anywhere 8)

ALL Sincere Prayers are heard ,

PostPosted:  

he speaks within the human heart as a still, small voice, saying, ‘This is the way; walk therein.’ Do you not comprehend that God dwells within you, that he has become what you are that he may make you what he is!”

Also Brother Eric

Take time to listen to the Still small voice within ...

(1664.2) 148:6.10 “Job was altogether right when he challenged the doctrine that God afflicts children in order to punish their parents. Job was ever ready to admit that God is righteous, but he longed for some soul-satisfying revelation of the personal character of the Eternal. And that is our mission on earth. No more shall suffering mortals be denied the comfort of knowing the love of God and understanding the mercy of the Father in heaven. While the speech of God spoken from the whirlwind was a majestic concept for the day of its utterance, you have already learned that the Father does not thus reveal himself, but rather that he speaks within the human heart as a still, small voice, saying, ‘This is the way; walk therein.’ Do you not comprehend that God dwells within you, that he has become what you are that he may make you what he is!”

PostPosted:  

My Brother Eric an others

Please understand that I make NO Claims of
Thought adjuster contact whatsoever .
Its was most likely only my subconscious
or my mind was playing tricks on me or , not

I Dont really know , and Be clear that I make
NO Claim of Thought adjuster '' Contact''

Albeit i believe that its possible , yet Very very rare .

IMO THE Key IS The Love of GOD
Sincere Faith and Sincere Prayer .

Everything else IS A Gift from him ,
His Love n mercy , the Holy Spirit , The Spirit of Truth
And Our SPARK Within The Thought Adjuster ...

And by our freewill choice we can acept the divine gifts
and use them or ignore an abuse them ,

Its our choice to choose them or not ,

Some people think that somehow that their giveing
up something by following GODs WILL ,

Yet I Found that His Gifts are so much more
than can possibly be imagined ,

His Gifts are for Now an eternal Growth n peace an
Progress ,

Prayer , Sincere prayers WORK .

Our Thought adjusters are not some king
of Genie where we rub some magic lamp for
answers , ,,,

anywho Listen to that still small voice within ,

PostPosted:  

777Eric wrote:
lwatkins wrote:
Because, yes, i have been thinking of the TA as a buddy riding along who might be lonely for someone to talk to, bored, or wondering why i haven't done more to communicate with it.

Hi Eric,

I don't think you're way off the mark there actually. But of course we have to remember that the TA is a fragment of The Father and in one sense partakes of infinity. The TA is fully aware of all your attempts and aspirations for contact. If I might make an analogy, if the energy of our thoughts could be visualized as globules like basketballs being thrown around a court, the thoughts of a TA or the energy currents that correspond to communications with it would consist of energy fragments too small to be seen. There is a primary difference in fineness of detail between human and divine that needs to be bridged.

Another halmark, in my opinion, of the difference between human experience and the adjuster's is dimensionality. We perceive and contemplate essentially in 3 spatial dimensions. A TA is not so limited and may send a message whose receipt may, in a flash, illuminate the higher mind to a recognition of infinite number of dimensional possibilities.

IMS makes a good observation in that the noise of our minds normally makes conscious recognition of contact impossible. But rather than Yoga or Zen or something similar that attempts to flush out mental activity, maybe focus is a good first step. Focusing on your experiences of beauty, truth, goodness and, most powerfully of all: love will lead the way in my opinion. To really experience any of those one extends oneself into the morontial realm of experience. And that is the place where adjuster contact is possible.

And it's good to remember that the adjuster is continually sending its messages to us. Some part of the soul knows and remembers...

PostPosted:  

Hi Eric,

Do not listen to talk and read everything about your TA. Stop talking about talking to your TA and Just Do It! Oh yes, Listen too :smile:

Regards, Louis