Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:31 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

The last few months, i've had a number of questions arising in my mind concerning dinosaurs.
One is why did the dinosaurs become extinct?
I will also continue reading the Urantia Book to come across the answer, i suspect the answer is in there somewhere.

In past years, an acquaintance and his friend who experienced an abduction while at sea, said several higher intelligences
told him that the dinosaurs had become too numerous on earth, and the higher intelligences had to eliminate them.
They had asked him if he had any questions, so he asked about the dinosaurs either before or after a type of medical exam performed
on him which he was not happy about.

Irregardless of his story, i've wondered why so many dinosaurs became extinct, but not our ancestors?

PostPosted:  

You may wish to read these, especially #60:

Paper 58 - Life Establishment on Urantia
Paper 59 - The Marine-Life Era on Urantia
Paper 60 - Urantia During the Early Land-Life Era
Paper 61 - The Mammalian Era on Urantia
Paper 62 - The Dawn Races of Early Man
Paper 63 - The First Human Family

The dinosaurs were long gone by the time our "ancestors" evolved. The giant reptiles were around nearly 100 million years with slow and steady evolutionary changes resulting from all manner of changes to the environment, geological transitions, plant life changes, weather, and other great changes. Every world works through primary and secondary species evolutionary transitions where species after species brings some improvement to both potential and actual transformations as the Life Carriers work to create human kind....evolutionary creationism.....and it takes a lonnnnggggggg time.

Our ancestors are the result of this process and they survived many obstacles by adaptability, mobility, tool making, and social grouping. They were the "fittest" by mental capacity and survived by their wits. Our world was not deemed "inhabited" by people until about one million years ago and the dinosaurs were gone long, long before that. Modern text books include a fairly accurate depiction of these stages of planetary evolution, both geologically and biologically. The end of the dinosaur was an inevitability of evolutionary forces and the plans of the Life Carriers and their sudden demise is speculated, by science, to be a likely large meteor strike and/or super volcanic eruptions that brought radical and sudden atmospheric catastrophe - but over nearly 100 million years, many species of the reptiles simply died off due to food and water issues and/or competition with each other over the eons.

I wouldn't give any credence to abducting aliens telling stories myself but overpopulation is a natural form of potential depopulation and large losses for any species.....perhaps, including our own. But people came so long after the end of the giant lizards that the end of the one did not immediately result in the beginning of the other. I hope you find those Papers interesting.

8)

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
You may wish to read these, especially #60:

Paper 58 - Life Establishment on Urantia
Paper 59 - The Marine-Life Era on Urantia
Paper 60 - Urantia During the Early Land-Life Era
Paper 61 - The Mammalian Era on Urantia
Paper 62 - The Dawn Races of Early Man
Paper 63 - The First Human Family

The dinosaurs were long gone by the time our "ancestors" evolved. The giant reptiles were around nearly 100 million years with slow and steady evolutionary changes resulting from all manner of changes to the environment, geological transitions, plant life changes, weather, and other great changes. Every world works through primary and secondary species evolutionary transitions where species after species brings some improvement to both potential and actual transformations as the Life Carriers work to create human kind....evolutionary creationism.....and it takes a lonnnnggggggg time.

Our ancestors are the result of this process and they survived many obstacles by adaptability, mobility, tool making, and social grouping. They were the "fittest" by mental capacity and survived by their wits. Our world was not deemed "inhabited" by people until about one million years ago and the dinosaurs were gone long, long before that. Modern text books include a fairly accurate depiction of these stages of planetary evolution, both geologically and biologically. The end of the dinosaur was an inevitability of evolutionary forces and the plans of the Life Carriers and their sudden demise is speculated, by science, to be a likely large meteor strike and/or super volcanic eruptions that brought radical and sudden atmospheric catastrophe - but over nearly 100 million years, many species of the reptiles simply died off due to food and water issues and/or competition with each other over the eons.

I wouldn't give any credence to abducting aliens telling stories myself but overpopulation is a natural form of potential depopulation and large losses for any species.....perhaps, including our own. But people came so long after the end of the giant lizards that the end of the one did not immediately result in the beginning of the other. I hope you find those Papers interesting.

8)

yes, thank you fanofvan, am continuing to read these and read and contemplate onward, thanks kindly