Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:04 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

ADAM AND EVE arrived on Urantia, from the year A.D. 1934, 37,848 years ago. What does this mean?

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

That was 80 years ago, so Adam and Eve arrived by seraphic transport 80 yrs. + 37,848 yrs. = 37,928 years ago from 2014. I believe it took 8 days or so for the material reconstruction and their emergence for their planetary ministry:

(587.1) 51:6.3 Think what it would mean on your world if somewhere in the Levant there were a world center of civilization, a great planetary university of culture, which had functioned uninterruptedly for 37,000 years. And again, pause to consider how the moral authority of even such an ancient center would be reinforced were there situated not far-distant still another and older headquarters of celestial ministry whose traditions would exert a cumulative force of 500,000 years of integrated evolutionary influence. It is custom which eventually spreads the ideals of Eden to a whole world.

PostPosted:  

It just means that counting from 1934 (in the time period the papers were indited), Adam and Eve had arrived 37,848 years ago. As fanofVan indicated, if you count from the present year, they would have arrived 37,928 years ago. Basically they were just establishing a reference point of 1934 and counting from there.

PostPosted:  

I understand, I just wasn't sure why 1934 was used to reference something that happened over 37,000 years ago.
Thanks.

PostPosted:  

rdemart wrote:
I understand, I just wasn't sure why 1934 was used to reference something that happened over 37,000 years ago.
Thanks.

That was the year when the book was finished. 1955 is not the actual date the authors wrote the book.

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing