Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:13 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

What kind of destruction? What kind of harm? spiritual harm? the lost of eternal life?

(606.6) 53:6.3 Not long since, in describing the experiences associated with the onset of the Lucifer rebellion, Manotia said: “But my most exhilarating moment was the thrilling adventure connected with the Lucifer rebellion when, as second seraphic commander, I refused to participate in the projected insult to Michael; and the powerful rebels sought my destruction by means of the liaison forces they had arranged. There was a tremendous upheaval on Jerusem, but not a single loyal seraphim was harmed.

In a previous pararaph, we read:

(606.3) 53:5.7 But this war in heaven was very terrible and very real. While displaying none of the barbarities so characteristic of physical warfare on the immature worlds, this conflict was far more deadly; material life is in jeopardy in material combat, but the war in heaven was fought in terms of life eternal.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Angel Francisco wrote:
What kind of destruction? What kind of harm? spiritual harm? the lost of eternal life?

(606.6) 53:6.3 Not long since, in describing the experiences associated with the onset of the Lucifer rebellion, Manotia said: “But my most exhilarating moment was the thrilling adventure connected with the Lucifer rebellion when, as second seraphic commander, I refused to participate in the projected insult to Michael; and the powerful rebels sought my destruction by means of the liaison forces they had arranged. There was a tremendous upheaval on Jerusem, but not a single loyal seraphim was harmed.

In a previous pararaph, we read:

(606.3) 53:5.7 But this war in heaven was very terrible and very real. While displaying none of the barbarities so characteristic of physical warfare on the immature worlds, this conflict was far more deadly; material life is in jeopardy in material combat, but the war in heaven was fought in terms of life eternal.

53:6.3 is just an oddity in that these rebels where doing something really stupid (trying to physically destroy someone) that celestial was never in any real physical danger only the Ancient of Days executioners can physically destroy a being. The real war was fought with words and concepts (sophistries). To fully embrace sophistry as a spiritual being would mean death and destruction of their eternal life.

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Yes, thank you.

But please, how do you understand by "liaison forces"?

PostPosted:  

In this context Liaison force=rape. Their attempt was to rape someone with powerful energies and forces to the point that they die. The authors use the word liaison in the book to describe beings interfacing in a act of pro-creation. Liaison is kind of like sex except it is not sexual. Its an intimate interfacing between two beings that can include their endowments (mind, soul, spirit). When the primary midwayers came into being it was the result of the morontia liaison between staff members. They basically had soul sex. That is at least the closest analogy I can think of...

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing