Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:43 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

I have a few questions about urantia from my limited undestanding?

1. One begot from the eternal light? who would he be?
2. If he was there during the creation of the universe? Who would he be?
3. If he was outside of time in space and dwelled in eternal light? who would he be?
4. If he came into the world in the flesh and lived a normal human life, and lived his life in spiritual knowledge? who would he be?
during number 4 is that his bestowel that the father and spirit wanted the son to expereince?

This will help me gain a greater understanding of who is who almost in the book. I see son of sons, the eternal son, the pardise son etc. So any help would be great. :smile:

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Hi mj81 !! This will take some time and study but a great topic!! I'll start with some text you may wish to complete some additional readings in those sections. Others will add further, no doubt.

Paper 6
The Eternal Son
(73.1) 6:0.1 THE Eternal Son is the perfect and final expression of the “first” personal and absolute concept of the Universal Father. Accordingly, whenever and however the Father personally and absolutely expresses himself, he does so through his Eternal Son, who ever has been, now is, and ever will be, the living and divine Word. And this Eternal Son is residential at the center of all things, in association with, and immediately enshrouding the personal presence of, the Eternal and Universal Father.

1. Identity of the Eternal Son
(73.5) 6:1.1 The Eternal Son is the original and only-begotten Son of God. He is God the Son, the Second Person of Deity and the associate creator of all things. As the Father is the First Great Source and Center, so the Eternal Son is the Second Great Source and Center.

(74.1) 6:1.2 The Eternal Son is the spiritual center and the divine administrator of the spiritual government of the universe of universes. The Universal Father is first a creator and then a controller; the Eternal Son is first a cocreator and then a spiritual administrator. “God is spirit,” and the Son is a personal revelation of that spirit. The First Source and Center is the Volitional Absolute; the Second Source and Center is the Personality Absolute.

Paper 7
Relation of the Eternal Son to the Universe
(81.1) 7:0.1 THE Original Son is ever concerned with the execution of the spiritual aspects of the Father’s eternal purpose as it progressively unfolds in the phenomena of the evolving universes with their manifold groups of living beings. We do not fully comprehend this eternal plan, but the Paradise Son undoubtedly does.

(81.2) 7:0.2 The Son is like the Father in that he seeks to bestow everything possible of himself upon his co-ordinate Sons and upon their subordinate Sons. And the Son shares the Father’s self-distributive nature in the unstinted bestowal of himself upon the Infinite Spirit, their conjoint executive.

(81.3) 7:0.3 As the upholder of spirit realities, the Second Source and Center is the eternal counterpoise of the Isle of Paradise, which so magnificently upholds all things material. Thus is the First Source and Center forever revealed in the material beauty of the exquisite patterns of the central Isle and in the spiritual values of the supernal personality of the Eternal Son.

(81.4) 7:0.4 The Eternal Son is the actual upholder of the vast creation of spirit realities and spiritual beings. The spirit world is the habit, the personal conduct, of the Son, and the impersonal realities of spirit nature are always responsive to the will and purpose of the perfect personality of the Absolute Son.

Paper 20
The Paradise Sons of God
(223.1) 20:0.1 AS THEY function in the superuniverse of Orvonton, the Sons of God are classified under three general heads:

(223.2) 20:0.2 1. The Descending Sons of God.

(223.3) 20:0.3 2. The Ascending Sons of God.

(223.4) 20:0.4 3. The Trinitized Sons of God.

(223.5) 20:0.5 Descending orders of sonship include personalities who are of direct and divine creation. Ascending sons, such as mortal creatures, achieve this status by experiential participation in the creative technique known as evolution. Trinitized Sons are a group of composite origin which includes all beings embraced by the Paradise Trinity even though not of direct Trinity origin.

We'll get to the various orders of each soon but our Creator Son Michael had his last of 7 bestowals AS one of His created ones in different form for each, descendingly, to that of a true born son of man - the lowest and least of the "ascending" sons. Our world was blessed to be chosen by Him for His last such mission of experience and love ministry to His local universe of creation. Glad you're here to share michaelj1981.

PostPosted:  

so are u saying those list of four would be the eternal son,

thanks for the information it was insightful.

PostPosted:  

Michael - the first Son listed is the original and central/super universe Son. Next comes the super universe Sons: The Michaels, Avonals, and Daynals are created in perfection in the Super Universe - descending Son order.....to descend is to move from the center of creation outward into time and space - to ascend is to move from the outer levels of time and space toward the center of all creation. The perfect seeking the perfecting and the perfecting seeking the perfect. All by experience in time and space. And then there are the 4 orders of local universe Sons. 8 distinct orders of Sons plus the catch-all group of their creation - the ascending Sons created in the local universes BY the Creator-Michael Son - only one per local universe.

1. The Descending Sons of God
(223.6) 20:1.1 All descending Sons of God have high and divine origins. They are dedicated to the descending ministry of service on the worlds and systems of time and space, there to facilitate the progress in the Paradise climb of the lowly creatures of evolutionary origin — the ascending sons of God. Of the numerous orders of descending Sons, seven will be depicted in these narratives. Those Sons who come forth from the Deities on the central Isle of Light and Life are called the Paradise Sons of God and embrace the following three orders:

(223.7) 20:1.2 1. Creator Sons — the Michaels.

(223.8) 20:1.3 2. Magisterial Sons — the Avonals.

(223.9) 20:1.4 3. Trinity Teacher Sons — the Daynals.

10. United Ministry of the Paradise Sons
(232.4) 20:10.1 All the Paradise Sons of God are divine in origin and in nature. The work of each Paradise Son in behalf of each world is just as if the Son of service were the first and only Son of God.

(232.5) 20:10.2 The Paradise Sons are the divine presentation of the acting natures of the three persons of Deity to the domains of time and space. The Creator, Magisterial, and Teacher Sons are the gifts of the eternal Deities to the children of men and to all other universe creatures of ascension potential. These Sons of God are the divine ministers who are unceasingly devoted to the work of helping the creatures of time attain the high spiritual goal of eternity.

Paper 21
The Paradise Creator Sons
(234.1) 21:0.1 THE Creator Sons are the makers and rulers of the local universes of time and space. These universe creators and sovereigns are of dual origin, embodying the characteristics of God the Father and God the Son. But each Creator Son is different from every other; each is unique in nature as well as in personality; each is the “only-begotten Son” of the perfect deity ideal of his origin.

(234.2) 21:0.2 In the vast work of organizing, evolving, and perfecting a local universe, these high Sons always enjoy the sustaining approval of the Universal Father. The relationship of the Creator Sons with their Paradise Father is touching and superlative. No doubt the profound affection of the Deity parents for their divine progeny is the wellspring of that beautiful and well-nigh divine love which even mortal parents bear their children.

(234.3) 21:0.3 These primary Paradise Sons are personalized as Michaels. As they go forth from Paradise to found their universes, they are known as Creator Michaels. When settled in supreme authority, they are called Master Michaels. Sometimes we refer to the sovereign of your universe of Nebadon as Christ Michael. Always and forever do they reign after the “order of Michael,” that being the designation of the first Son of their order and nature.

Me here: Descending and ascending have this in common - they grow by experience. The local universes are creations of the Creator Sons - the Michaels. So there are central universe, super universe, and local universe Son orders to consider. All Sons are eternal, including mortals from the material worlds of time and space although to become immortal, mortals must fuse with their Father fragment or Thought Adjuster first to become registered perfecting ascenders. So there is THE SON, 3 orders of the Paradise Sons, and 4 orders of Local Universe Sons, and the ascenders class (which includes many forms of beings created in the local universes of time and space - we be one of those). Happy studies!!

Paper 35
The Local Universe Sons of God
(384.1) 35:0.1 THE Sons of God previously introduced have had a Paradise origin. They are the offspring of the divine Rulers of the universal domains. Of the first Paradise order of sonship, the Creator Sons, there is in Nebadon only one, Michael, the universe father and sovereign. Of the second order of Paradise sonship, the Avonal or Magisterial Sons, Nebadon has its full quota — 1,062. And these “lesser Christs” are just as effective and all-powerful in their planetary bestowals as was the Creator and Master Son on Urantia. The third order, being of Trinity origin, do not register in a local universe, but I estimate there are in Nebadon between fifteen and twenty thousand Trinity Teacher Sons exclusive of 9,642 creature-trinitized assistants of record. These Paradise Daynals are neither magistrates nor administrators; they are superteachers.

(384.2) 35:0.2 The types of Sons about to be considered are of local universe origin; they are the offspring of a Paradise Creator Son in varied association with the complemental Universe Mother Spirit. The following orders of local universe sonship find mention in these narratives:

(384.3) 35:0.3 1. Melchizedek Sons.

(384.4) 35:0.4 2. Vorondadek Sons.

(384.5) 35:0.5 3. Lanonandek Sons.

(384.6) 35:0.6 4. Life Carrier Sons.

(384.7) 35:0.7 Triune Paradise Deity functions for the creation of three orders of sonship: the Michaels, the Avonals, and the Daynals. Dual Deity in the local universe, the Son and the Spirit, also functions in the creation of three high orders of Sons: the Melchizedeks, the Vorondadeks, and the Lanonandeks; and having achieved this threefold expression, they collaborate with the next level of God the Sevenfold in the production of the versatile order of Life Carriers. These beings are classified with the descending Sons of God, but they are a unique and original form of universe life. Their consideration will occupy the whole of the next paper.

PostPosted:  

michaelj1981 wrote:
I have a few questions about urantia from my limited undestanding?

1. One begot from the eternal light? who would he be?
2. If he was there during the creation of the universe? Who would he be?
3. If he was outside of time in space and dwelled in eternal light? who would he be?
4. If he came into the world in the flesh and lived a normal human life, and lived his life in spiritual knowledge? who would he be?
during number 4 is that his bestowel that the father and spirit wanted the son to expereince?

This will help me gain a greater understanding of who is who almost in the book. I see son of sons, the eternal son, the pardise son etc. So any help would be great. :smile:

Michael - I grew up a protestant and I think you may be asking who is the Son of God, especially regarding Him who came here to Earth as the Son of God and the Son of Man? Well, that Son is one of many and they are the Creator Sons. Jesus, as the Creator Son and long before He came here, created our local universe. He is the Son of the Trinity....a child from the Central Universe, created in perfection but not the original trinitized Son, the Eternal Son. The Sons of God are those who create the universes of time and space. The original and Eternal Son resides in Paradise as pure spirit. The descending Sons must function in the material planes of time and space. They are all connected in this endeavor of creation and perfecting that creation in time and in space. The Eternal Son, like God and the Spirit are eternal....without beginning or end. All others have beginning but no end. We have beginning and potentially no end.

I am not knowledgeable enough or wise enough to even understand, let alone explain these complexities. I recommend you read the five Papers referenced above though.....and those in between, to begin to picture the grandeur and size of creation. Humans have always created god in our image and made him small enough to fit between our ears. This planet is one of billions in God's domain and many millions of worlds are beyond this material and physical plane. The UB requires us to make God bigger, much much bigger than the Christianity of my youth. Ask anything at all friend Michael. There are many here who know far more than I and will gladly and patiently share with you.

:wink: 8) :biggrin:

PostPosted:  

Some more on our local universe Creator Son, Michael of Nebadon, Son of God, and Jesus, the Son of Man.

(357.1) 32:0.1 A LOCAL universe is the handiwork of a Creator Son of the Paradise order of Michael. It comprises one hundred constellations, each embracing one hundred systems of inhabited worlds. Each system will eventually contain approximately one thousand inhabited spheres.

(357.2) 32:0.2 These universes of time and space are all evolutionary. The creative plan of the Paradise Michaels always proceeds along the path of gradual evolvement and progressive development of the physical, intellectual, and spiritual natures and capacities of the manifold creatures who inhabit the varied orders of spheres comprising such a local universe.

(357.3) 32:0.3 Urantia belongs to a local universe whose sovereign is the God-man of Nebadon, Jesus of Nazareth and Michael of Salvington. And all of Michael’s plans for this local universe were fully approved by the Paradise Trinity before he ever embarked upon the supreme adventure of space.

(360.3) 32:3.1 The only creation that is perfectly settled is Havona, the central universe, which was made directly by the thought of the Universal Father and the word of the Eternal Son. Havona is an existential, perfect, and replete universe, surrounding the home of the eternal Deities, the center of all things. The creations of the seven superuniverses are finite, evolutionary, and consistently progressive.

(360.4) 32:3.2 The physical systems of time and space are all evolutionary in origin. They are not even physically stabilized until they are swung into the settled circuits of their superuniverses. Neither is a local universe settled in light and life until its physical possibilities of expansion and development have been exhausted, and until the spiritual status of all its inhabited worlds has been forever settled and stabilized.

PostPosted:  

Sorry i haven't been on here for a awhile , thanks so much for your help and insightful information. It kinda helped me and kinda gave me the answer i gave. I guess the real answer is he is a son just as important as a mortal son. :)