Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:05 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

why couldn't adam and eve be replaced after their default?

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

'' why couldn't adam and eve be replaced after their default?''

Good Question wanderingvessel 8)

I Guess ITs Because Theres NO Do Overs and NO Shortcuts .

Also It Wouldnt and Could Not Change The Past Errors of what
Was Already Done .

What Was Done was Done .

IT IS What IT IS .

They Had To Move Forward An Progress
With The Situation and Issues That Had Happened.

'' There are no royal roads, short cuts, or easy paths to Paradise.''

48:5.7 Those things which you might have learned on earth, but which you failed to learn, must be acquired under the tutelage of these faithful and patient teachers. There are no royal roads, short cuts, or easy paths to Paradise. Irrespective of the individual variations of the route, you master the lessons of one sphere before you proceed to another; at least this is true after you once leave the world of your nativity.

PostPosted:  

I think your question is one we all have wondered about so I am offering some of my thoughts.

93:10.7 "We well understand how, by his triumph on Urantia, Michael became the successor of both Caligastia and Adam; how he became the planetary Prince of Peace and the second Adam."

Ok so they "well understand" how this happened but do we? My take is that since Michael, in his third bestowal, experienced the fulfillment of life as a Material Son, he was the literal replacement for fulfillment of the spiritual authority of the mission of Adam and Eve. This of course does not replace the physical fulfillment and racial up-stepping we have all wondered about. Coop correctly (in my view) addresses the problem of going back to correct something. But that doesn't mean that there aren't plans to go forward correct and fix things.

One issue I believe is at play here is the simple fact that our perception of time and our appreciation of our experiences have no appreciation of eternity so we make judgments based on our very limited view. Some things take longer to fix than we are able to perceive. It seems apparent from the next line in the above that the possibility of correction is possible if not probable. "And now we behold the conferring upon this Melchizedek of the title Vicegerent Planetary Prince of Urantia. Will he also be constituted Vicegerent Material Son of Urantia? Or is there a possibility that an unexpected and unprecedented event is to take place, the sometime return to the planet of Adam and Eve or certain of their progeny as representatives of Michael with the titles vicegerents of the second Adam of Urantia?"

I see this as them saying, "be patient, little ones."

I think you will find that the whole mission (short of new violet blood which has been ruled out in another quote that I have not taken the time to look up) will be restored at some future time. I believe Urantia will see the presence of both Planetary Prince and Material Sons (or their offspring). In our planet's future I believe we will have our own versions of the Vicegerent Planetary Prince headquarters and the headquarters of the Vicegerent Material Sons. . . probably long after I am in the Mansion Worlds.

Blessings to all,

Jim

PostPosted:  

wanderingvessel wrote:

Something to consider is that we actually do have enough of Adam and Eves blood in us that we could still get humans up to those 500 year life spans if we mix and match correctly. It may take thousands of years but the authors seem to suggest that we can do it. So if there is an option where we can fix this mess on our own they are going to let us do it. This would require a eugenics program however, and right now that is socially a no-no. Through genetic engineering and somewhat carefull breeding we can get to the point where we have this supermen and women again. It works in Dogs right? lol. It can work in humans. You can breed out disease and short life spans in dogs just like you can in humans. People want to ignore that because it hurts our feelings but its the truth. You will also need some genetic engineering though as well.

People don't even consider this stuff as an option because of the social implications though. I don't even want to talk about it because I don't want to make people feel uncomfortable lol.

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

thank you all for responding.

PostPosted:  

you can weed out what "We assume to be imperfect" and create a superhuman, but who are we to say that was who the perfect adam and eve where. Maybe it was a moralistc perfection. Gentic perfection is something that takes something greater then our understanding to fix as well as time. However, with the food we eat, the air we breath and the enivorment we have created it would take billions of years to fix. Plus if this current state even dared to touch and define what makes a human perfect im afraid there would be dire effects to that.

boomshuka wrote:
wanderingvessel wrote:

Something to consider is that we actually do have enough of Adam and Eves blood in us that we could still get humans up to those 500 year life spans if we mix and match correctly. It may take thousands of years but the authors seem to suggest that we can do it. So if there is an option where we can fix this mess on our own they are going to let us do it. This would require a eugenics program however, and right now that is socially a no-no. Through genetic engineering and somewhat carefull breeding we can get to the point where we have this supermen and women again. It works in Dogs right? lol. It can work in humans. You can breed out disease and short life spans in dogs just like you can in humans. People want to ignore that because it hurts our feelings but its the truth. You will also need some genetic engineering though as well.

People don't even consider this stuff as an option because of the social implications though. I don't even want to talk about it because I don't want to make people feel uncomfortable lol.

PostPosted:  

Michael they were undoubtedly genetically perfect. In fact on all advanced worlds with humans the life spans are going to be something like 500 years. Even Adam and Eves children lived exponentially longer lives in the hundreds of years. That is the goal for our human race as well. It's going to happen though regardless, because evolution never fails. We can go with the flow of evolution kicking and screaming over the unjust feeling we get or we can just face it. Lol either way its going to happen.

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

boomshuka wrote:
Michael they were undoubtedly genetically perfect. In fact on all advanced worlds with humans the life spans are going to be something like 500 years. Even Adam and Eves children lived exponentially longer lives in the hundreds of years. That is the goal for our human race as well. It's going to happen though regardless, because evolution never fails. We can go with the flow of evolution kicking and screaming over the unjust feeling we get or we can just face it. Lol either way its going to happen.

O lol its not that i dont agree with you because i do, im just saying in this leave it to god and evolution, we shouldn't tinker with it. In this current world, we could end up doing more damage then good. dont mean we can't strive for it. But if we have doctors and politicians, religous nuts even ethnic nut jobs, we could be destroying true genitc gems. Plus we wouldn't know what a perfect human would be like, GENETICALLY.

PostPosted:  

michaelj1981 wrote:
boomshuka wrote:

O lol its not that i dont agree with you because i do, im just saying in this leave it to god and evolution, we shouldn't tinker with it. In this current world, we could end up doing more damage then good. dont mean we can't strive for it. But if we have doctors and politicians, religous nuts even ethnic nut jobs, we could be destroying true genitc gems. Plus we wouldn't know what a perfect human would be like, GENETICALLY.

I don't want to go into to much detail in this post because of the topics sensitive nature, but the authors state in a few places in the book that if we don't tinker with this all civilization will collapse. Lol so we are stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one. We cannot escape this.... Gulp.....

I agree its going to take a while though to figure out who these genetic gems are. But with the way science is going I wouldn't be surprised if we figure this out in the next 30 years. The results though may lead to some serious conflict.

Quote:
"The difficulty of executing such a radical program on Urantia consists in the absence of competent judges to pass upon the biologic fitness or unfitness of the individuals of your world races. Notwithstanding this obstacle, it seems that you ought to be able to agree upon the biologic disfellowshiping of your more markedly unfit, defective, degenerate, and antisocial stocks." (51:4.8 )

Quote:
(1468.3) 133:0.3 One day while resting at lunch, about halfway to Tarentum, Ganid asked Jesus a direct question as to what he thought of India’s caste system. Said Jesus: “Though human beings differ in many ways, the one from another, before God and in the spiritual world all mortals stand on an equal footing. There are only two groups of mortals in the eyes of God: those who desire to do his will and those who do not. As the universe looks upon an inhabited world, it likewise discerns two great classes: those who know God and those who do not. Those who cannot know God are reckoned among the animals of any given realm. Mankind can appropriately be divided into many classes in accordance with differing qualifications, as they may be viewed physically, mentally, socially, vocationally, or morally, but as these different classes of mortals appear before the judgment bar of God, they stand on an equal footing; God is truly no respecter of persons. Although you cannot escape the recognition of differential human abilities and endowments in matters intellectual, social, and moral, you should make no such distinctions in the spiritual brotherhood of men when assembled for worship in the presence of God.”

Even Jesus said that we cannot escape recognizing the different abilities that others have, intellectually, socially and morally. In society we are told that we are all "equal". None of us are really born equal with equal endowments. But we are all created equal by god. Its one of those politically correct things that we are not allowed to talk about though. If we all realized that we are all created equal by our creator, it would go a long ways in helping to ease the sting of this topic. Instead because we live in a secular society everyone thinks that their endowments = their personality. To them that is all they are. That is why the untalented sort of misfits get treated like garbage, we recognize that they may not have been born with the same abilities as others, but that doesn't mean they were not created as our equal.

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Because everyone gets a Thought Adjuster these days and therefor a soul its not as big of a deal in terms of survival whether or not we have good genetics or not.

Before Pentecost though, it was probably a different story. We had to make it up all the way to the 3rd circle to get an adjuster and soul, or make the supreme decision to be God-like. Or we had to be born into a spiritual lineage like Abraham where everyone in the family was getting TA's.

The chances of surviving death with bad genetics 10000 years ago probably was not very good :? . Even with good genetics I doubt it was very good. If we were to die back then without having gotten that adjuster that would have been it. :( Thank the lord for the Spirit of Truth.

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Wanderingvessel,

I think that there is a time lag having to do with the physical distances that have to be traversed from a headquarters sphere to our planet location.

Since we are cut off (quanantined) from broadcast circuits, there will be an additional time lag of data transfer of events.

I don't know if the UB states specifically how much time transpires between plans made elsewhere and their fulfillment here.

Anyone have any UB quotes on this?

The Urantia Book seems to continuously state that we are most fortunate here having gone through this turmoil.
Somehow that may also color decision making that would ease the burden.

I does seem that we are left to experience as much of the effects of all this tribulation as we can take.

There is a quote from the movie Gladiator that I like that is apropos to my point on this thread and it is this: "Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear."

What do you think?
~Paul

PostPosted:  

While pride has evil potential it seems to me there are two relevancies here to consider based on xobeht's post above: First is that the material universes are primarily a breeding and training ground for immortal mortals....the ascenders of material origin and the second is that even the Corps of Finality benefits tremendously (somehow) by the inclusion of agondontors - those tested in only one of two ways - those who find the spirit path in a land of darkness prior to the Sons and the Spirit of Truth ministries as in the early days of a normal planet; and then those of us from rebellion isolation. Every mind everywhere and time is tested, repetively and progressively from the small matters of faith to the greatest tests of love ministry.

But among this incubator are trillions and trillions of others working at the business of experiential realization as well...be they Prince or Material Son/Daughter or angel or midwayer. All free will minds in time experience are expected to error in the learning of better and lesser, superior and inferior, best and less best. Adam and Eve but erred, they did not rebel. Inexperience and impatience were the principal factors in their mission default. The error was significant enough for them to suffer the inevitable and just consequences. We mortals have benefited more BECAUSE of both rebellion and the default. Just because we do not understand how or why, does not make this truth any less. Those who overcome afflictions are far more tempered and true and useful and productive than those who do not. Those who overcome the greatest obstacles to seek and find the Light are agondontor.

This is fundamentally why I believe that material death survival on such worlds and such times is more common than not as opined by many on another topic. We are all like Tommy, deaf dumb and blind kids....we're not all gonna be pin ball wizards on this world perhaps but those of us who break out into the triumph of spirit over the material are the salt and savor of a mighty adventure to come. A might band of truth warriors and builders trained for the next level of creation work and ministry where those so incubated and protected and trained and nurtured here will take that whole experience outward and do so with many of those who ministered to us here, themselves gaining experience by trial and error. I'd rather serve in that adventure with our beloved Adam and Eve than any other.....for they well know better how to do the seemingly impossible. Bless them.....and us. Peace.

8)