Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:33 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

It is as you say Yoder. Truth is everywhere. The Spirit of Truth reveals and confirms and aligns and integrates those truths the mind discerns and applies by the changing experience of the one seeking it out. All thinking and feeling people yearn for Him and for truth and seek out Him in many ways. It is only the seeking that is required. Not any specific text. The growth in the spirit often makes the sources of prior truths less satisfying.....so people move on. Others find satisfaction where they are. Whatever brings forth faith in God and love for one another is true. Even if it is incorrect factually. Reality is not changed by our beliefs. And often our beliefs are not changed by the reality because it is unknown, the UB says much of it is unknowable....for a long while yet. Transcendence in truth brings ascendence to soul. That's all that really matters isn't it?

And my apologies for my rudeness and harshness before. It was uncalled for...as it always is. The UB says prejudice - or the clinging love and commitment to current belief - is quite a stumbling block to further progress. And it can lead to pride. While humility allows us to move into further truth. May I have more humility and may we all have less prejudice. Unity does not require uniformity. Peace Brother Yoder....and do say on.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Okay, thanks. I'm glad we could clear things up.

This is an interesting article on the similarities between the Urantia Book and the Book of Mormon:
http://www.ubfellowship.org/outreach/Mo ... Mormon.pdf

And this is a Mormon reader of the Urantia Book explaining how the Urantia Book is the "greater record to come" as prophecized in the Book of Mormon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE_F1xJl9RM

Profile Send private message