Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:44 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

boomshuka wrote:
Hey Brother no special clubs here haha. A devout U.B reader is my brother just as the Africa bushmen is :)

Yep and that's why Jesus said "you'd recognise them by their fruits" - real followers of Jesus don't discriminate (especially not on religious grounds).

Going back to the topic - it's funny I asked this question because by chance I found the answer indirectly. It does corroborate what you guys were saying in so many words, but more thoroughly explained things (connected the dots). From this ebook on the initial revelation and instructions (http://www.squarecircles.com/UrantiaMov ... lation.pdf) it became clearer to me where we're currently at (and by comparison to Jesus' mission). It was especially enlightening reading from page 6 onwards about the "Urantia brotherhood". Not to mention highly comforting to be reassured of a more concrete movement in the future (we are just the foundation for future generations of truth seekers). For me and my background/personality, I have itching feet to tell/preach to the world about it (lol)...however, patience + wisdom (+foresight) is definitely needed, especially if we are to minimise splinter groups who may unintentionally prostitute the teachings...which is already happening IMO - luckily I'm a quick learner :)

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

And there are already those who are prostituting it quite intentionally too!! And those forming local or more broadly based (by www) congregations of serious and devout kingdom believers/UB students too. There are preachers preaching and teachers teaching and channelers channeling and wackos wacking!! Some with pure hearts and some still up to the old priestly games of fear and manipulation. People are people.

As an ex-Christian, then Jesusonian, now Urantian, one of the most comforting discoveries in text for me was to be released from the obligation to save the world from hell and damnation!! There is - after all - only good news to share. Fear Not!! For fear is but mind/soul poison and there is nothing to fear but the mortal consequences of living in fear. We are to live this gospel and share it as we walk by demonstrating the fruits of its understanding in spirit and application in experience. This is a restatement and personal realization of the 4th epochal revelation (the red letter text or gospel of Jesus)....the Jesusonian gospel of universal citizenship in a friendly cosmos defined by the Fatherhood of God and the Brotherhood of man.

This is (still) good news and worthy of sharing to be sure. And most of us old timers in text remember the evangelistic zeal and remain eager to share this good news. And it is often very appealing to truth seekers from every avenue of personal religious pursuit. But, as you know, not all seek as some/many are quite satisfied in their secularisms, materialisms, and dogmaisms.

One must be a pretty serious seeker to wade into, let alone devour the UB....but once begun it can become relentless in its appeal and attractiveness to mind and soul. So glad you think so too. Welcome. All paths lead Home, eventually. Happy to be sharing this trail with you. Peace and Good Tidings.

PostPosted:  

BrotherP wrote:
ut it doesn't look like that was his meaning according to the context.

The context is sin (conscious knowing transgressions) and not different truthseekers on different paths to the same destination.

PostPosted:  

BrotherP, I just came across an audio study group session that talks about this very topic, in fact, they start the study group with the quote you mentioned in the beginning of the thread

Quote:
178:1.2 The kingdoms of this world, being material, may often find it necessary to employ physical force in the execution of their laws and for the maintenance of order. In the kingdom of heaven true believers will not resort to the employment of physical force. The kingdom of heaven, being a spiritual brotherhood of the spirit-born sons of God, may be promulgated only by the power of the spirit. This distinction of procedure refers to the relations of the kingdom of believers to the kingdoms of secular government and does not nullify the right of social groups of believers to maintain order in their ranks and administer discipline upon unruly and unworthy members.

It is always interesting to hear what very long time readers and active participants in the movement have to say and discuss about this topic of governing the UB movement and the brotherhood.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/symmetryofsoul/2011/04/20/unifying-concepts-of-the-urantia-book

Enjoy :)

PostPosted:  

kicoverz wrote:
BrotherP, I just came across an audio study group session that talks about this very topic, in fact, they start the study group with the quote you mentioned in the beginning of the thread

Quote:
178:1.2 The kingdoms of this world, being material, may often find it necessary to employ physical force in the execution of their laws and for the maintenance of order. In the kingdom of heaven true believers will not resort to the employment of physical force. The kingdom of heaven, being a spiritual brotherhood of the spirit-born sons of God, may be promulgated only by the power of the spirit. This distinction of procedure refers to the relations of the kingdom of believers to the kingdoms of secular government and does not nullify the right of social groups of believers to maintain order in their ranks and administer discipline upon unruly and unworthy members.

It is always interesting to hear what very long time readers and active participants in the movement have to say and discuss about this topic of governing the UB movement and the brotherhood.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/symmetryofsoul/2011/04/20/unifying-concepts-of-the-urantia-book

Enjoy :)

Thanks! I'll check over that when I get a minute.