Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:41 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

「Human beings are only just beginning to realize that the reactions of existence appear between acts and their consequences. 」

Anybody understood this meaning in life? And able to explain to people with life experience and/or in simplified story-like example?

Thanks!!

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Hi Dura...good question. What's being described is our discovery of the law of reciprocity....acts have responses or consequences. As do thoughts, motives, intentions, words, etc. The primitive ascribes all such response mechanisms to fate or luck or curse or blessing. We learn to manage ourself better when we are cognizant of this universal law. There are material responses and reactions, there are relationship r&r, and there are mindal r&r. I think it helps to understand that "consequence" is not a negative or punishment - it's a dependable outcome....but it is not always a predictable one.

We are taught we must learn to discern and choose the superior option among all choices. We are given the gift of time to learn by error this important task....to know the consequences - good and bad - of our free will choices. In the intersection of act/choice and the response/result/consequence are important lessons for the truthseeker.

PostPosted:  

This could be good, nice one.

I may be miss-understanding this, but what has come to my mind off the cuff is:
Many times in the U.B. we are told that after death we will be united with our T.A. and at that time we will be given back all our memory's that had value, every thing else is cast to the way side.

That our T.A. is the custodian of our life and only keeps life experiences that have Value is a very interesting idea, for me it is saying that every thing is an illusion unless it contains value,..What is value? acts and Thoughts that hold to Spiritual truth.

Experiences that Feed the Soul,First in the search for,Than the finding of,and Finally the Walk with God as we understand. and how that changes our Actions, Thoughts, and Intentions.

Pretty cool...really lends it's self to the arena of Metaphysics and Philosophy..

PostPosted:  

Hey Jim!! Yes, philosophy is my favorite topic....to unify the inner and outer realities into a cohesive perspective that allows new concepts and expansion of perspective for the new truths discovered in life and in mind!!

The first step as alluded to by the original question is one of primitives simply discovering science....to observe and understand cause and effect. It only took about a million years to discover/determine what makes apples fall from trees. And a few hundred thousand to unravel the scary secrets of fire and sunrise and spring. Indeed, many humans were sacrificed to make the sunrise come daily and to bring an end to the shortening of days. All of these were ascribed to gods, ghosts, demons, and their pleasure or displeasure with the "victims". Now science still does not explain the cause or the effects of all causes, but primitivisms fall behind progressive understanding.

But true spirit progress requires the same approach to mind - do we realize that what we think affects what we do and that what we think and do affects who we are and who we become? The law of reciprocity works at every level of the physical universe and the morontial and the material mind - all. We are given a list of mind poisens to be cognizant of, including anxiety, fear, greed, anger, impatience, prejudice, etc. Why? Because there is still an "intersection" of cause and effect in which we are to learn to discern.

So science uplifts the mortal from superstition to understanding and spiritization uplifts the mind from self and material attachments to the soul/morontial you describe in the cocreation with TA. The material patterns represent internal and universe realities....if we have the eyes to see and the ears to hear. The poisens keep many or most in a state of distraction and delusion, trying to make the shadows into substance and failing to see the light bringing contrast to such evil/error.

I look forward by more from others. And while I have, so far, not posted supporting text....there is much which is written about this imperative....becoming mature and experienced cosmic citizens.

PostPosted:  

(1303.1) 118:8.11 An automatic universe reaction is stable and, in some form, continuing in the cosmos. A personality who knows God and desires to do his will, who has spirit insight, is divinely stable and eternally existent. Man’s great universe adventure consists in the transit of his mortal mind from the stability of mechanical statics to the divinity of spiritual dynamics, and he achieves this transformation by the force and constancy of his own personality decisions, in each of life’s situations declaring, “It is my will that your will be done.”

Dura - your inquiry is about the "divinity of spiritual dynamics" - the reactions of existance.