Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:58 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... c9M33FLH40

http://www.sci-news.com/astronomy/article00818.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huge-LQG

Huge-LQG is said to call the big bang into question since it violates the cosmological principle. According to the Urantia Book, the universe is a trillion years old and respires in two billion year cycles, which contradicts big bang cosmology. Furthermore, according to the Urantia Book, the absolute presence of God is within Paradise, the largest body of mass in existence. Does the discovery of Huge LQG not only disprove the big bang but also discover the very location of Paradise?

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Hi Yoder,

thanks for the links, very interesting. The Big Bang Theory is in Hospice ready to expire. This discovery will possibly help hasten its demise.

Remember that the universe is existential. It has no beginning. Possibly the age of our local universe is a trillion years.

This structure is definitely not Paradise. The Central universe and Paradise is enshrouded, like with a cloaking devise, by the dark gravity bodies that wall it off from the rest of creation. Paradise we are told is in the general direction of the galactic core of the Milky Way.

Regards, Louis

PostPosted:  

Hmm, cant the big bang theory that our scientists speak off simply be referring to how our Local universe(not the entire universe) was brought to existance? I mean, was this not how this local universe came to existance? If i remember correctly, an andromda nucleas that expanded over a period of time untill it stabalized, right?! Does this not resonate by a certain % with the BBT ?(I could be wrong, my memory is fuzzy about this topic)

PostPosted:  

The basis for the BBT is the observation that the universe is expanding, that the galaxies out there in all directions are moving in accelerated way from us. So this can not pertain to our local universe only. But I like your idea though our local universe was not born that way. It did not start with a bang but a spin by a master force organizer.

PostPosted:  

And remember our universe is spinning in the opposite direction from the first universe level of outer space, which we are currently bounding (for the next few million years... :wink: ) So this also creates the impression of acceleration.

I agree that the big bang may have been the formulation of the local universe, or even perhaps the super universe we inhabit. I do not see this school of thought as incorrect, only incomplete.

PostPosted:  

loucol wrote:
Remember that the universe is existential. It has no beginning. Possibly the age of our local universe is a trillion years.

If the universe is existential, how can it have an age? I think you're combining two concepts here. The Havona universe is indeed existential and has no beginning. The Grand Universe, however, is temporal and did have a beginning. I think that's an important distinction.

Quote:
12:1.16 The central universe is the creation of eternity; the seven superuniverses are the creations of time; the four outer space levels are undoubtedly destined to eventuate-evolve the ultimacy of creation.

PostPosted:  

I saw an article about that a while ago, and I immediately thought the same thing. What if that were the physical mass of Paradise? That would be pretty cool. It says that we can see beyond our superuniverse which would make seeing Paradise feasible. But Paradise has no location in space. And anyway, the more real aspect is the spiritual reality superimposed upon the mass. I remember reading that if you were transported to the Father's presence on Paradise, you would not know you were there.

So the discovery not being Paradise, but yet being enormous, how much bigger is Paradise actually?