Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:26 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Morontia Body
PostPosted:  

Is the Morontia body susceptible to injury and/or illness?

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Morontia Body
PostPosted:  

waforbes100 wrote:
Is the Morontia body susceptible to injury and/or illness?

I would assume so, waforbes100. The Morontia body retires daily which means some kind of "cellular" regeneration takes place. It also eats and drinks so there is nourishment or re-energizing taking place. So if the morontia person neglects properly to nourish the body it should lead to disharmony in the body.

47:4.6 Though you have morontia bodies, you continue, through all seven of these worlds,
to eat, drink, and rest. You partake of the morontia order of food, a kingdom of living
energy unknown on the material worlds. Both food and water are fully utilized in the
morontia body; there is no residual waste. Pause to consider: Mansonia number one is a
very material sphere, presenting the early beginnings of the morontia regime. You are still
a near human and not far removed from the limited viewpoints of mortal life
, but each
world discloses definite progress. From sphere to sphere you grow less material, more
intellectual, and slightly more spiritual. The spiritual progress is greatest on the last three
of these seven progressive worlds.

PostPosted:  

There is also this reference, indicating that morontia bodies are susceptible to injury:
Quote:
50:3.3 The Life Carriers, the architects of form, provide such volunteers with new physical bodies, which they occupy for the periods of their planetary sojourn. These personality forms, while exempt from the ordinary diseases of the realms, are, like the early morontia bodies, subject to certain accidents of a mechanical nature.

kiwi

PostPosted:  

kiwi2 wrote:
There is also this reference, indicating that morontia bodies are susceptible to injury:
Quote:
50:3.3 The Life Carriers, the architects of form, provide such volunteers with new physical bodies, which they occupy for the periods of their planetary sojourn. These personality forms, while exempt from the ordinary diseases of the realms, are, like the early morontia bodies, subject to certain accidents of a mechanical nature.

kiwi

Sweet one!

PostPosted:  

Somehow, this makes me think of the character "Data" from Star Trek, the Next Generation. I just saw an episode where he was marooned on an inhabited planet, and had lost his memory. Later in the episode, he had an accident where the side of his face was injured, revealing the electronic circuitry...this freaked everyone out, of course...

Not that we're going to have electronic circuits in Mansonia...

I frequently find interesting things to think about in Star Trek, in relation to the UB, just because Gene Roddenbury was a reader...also, in a recent episode, the original ST crew find themselves on a "manufactured" world. Sound familiar???

Anyway - carry on...I just wanted to share that completely irrelevant stream of my consciousness today...HAHA!

MaryJo

PostPosted:  

Hi kahanyah, kiwi2 & MaryJo: I am most grateful for your responses. I am now fully satisfied regarding this question. Thank you!

PostPosted:  

Here's some food for thought...
47:3.7 On mansion world number one (or another in case of advanced status) you will resume your intellectual training and spiritual development at the exact level whereon they were interrupted by death. Between the time of planetary death or translation and resurrection on the mansion world, mortal man gains absolutely nothing aside from experiencing the fact of survival. You begin over there right where you leave off down here.
Aloha...

PostPosted:  

Hello Tootsie, thank you for your insight. I, however, must opine that the meaning of "mortal man gains absolutely nothing aside from experiencing the fact of survival" is to be considered in the context of "you will resume your intellectual training and spiritual development at the exact level whereon they were interrupted by death." Thus I conclude that we gain nothing in terms of intellect and spirituality. However, we certainly do gain new bodies (with a different nature than the mortal one). Do you agree?

PostPosted:  

47:3.1 On the mansion worlds the resurrected mortal survivors resume their lives just where they left off when overtaken by death. When you go from Urantia to the first mansion world, you will notice considerable change, but if you had come from a more normal and progressive sphere of time, you would hardly notice the difference except for the fact that you were in possession of a different body; the tabernacle of flesh and blood has been left behind on the world of nativity.
Aloha...as far as the details of this new body, I do not know. I guess I will just have to wait and find out :wink:

PostPosted:  

Many thanks, Tootsie! Wonderful!

PostPosted:  

:wink: Happy New Years everyone...Lets pray for a more peaceful, loving and smart new year... 8)

PostPosted:  

And a happy new year to you, Tootsie - and all on the forum!!!

MaryJo