Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:45 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Thought Adjuster?
PostPosted:  

Hi all from a new member!

I have been impressed by the quality of the discussions in this forum, and try my best to keep up with it. :)

I've been reading TUB for the last four months and have read only about 700 pages so far. When I started reading it, I had a lot of doubts. However, I decided to put those aside and just enjoy reading it. I thought that after reading it through would be time to decide whether I consider it fact or fiction.

Some parts of TUB are very demanding for the reader, but there have also been many parts that resonate quite deeply with me. In fact, I have not experienced such deep pleasant energizing stillness with any other book before.

One thing that I have already got quite a lot of prior experience with is the Thought Adjuster. Or, rather, I would call it the Truth Senser. There is something inside me that rejoices when it encounters truth, anywhere, from any source. It also seems to direct me to the exact direction where I will find the next revelation or insight that I need. It reminded me about TUB, which I had already browsed 15 years ago but had decided it was not for me. Now, however, I am ready to accept it as the truth.

My question is whether that what I call the Truth Senser is the same thing as the Thought Adjuster? If it is, then I know it already quite intimately and have developed quite good working relations with it. While reading TUB, love has also started growing towards it (is it proper to call it "it"? After all, it is supposed to be prepersonal, isn't it?)

TUB also refers to Mystery Monitor. Is that just another name for the Thought Adjuster or is there a different view point?

What kind of experiences have you had with your Thought Adjusters? How do you distinguish between the actions of the Thought Adjuster and the Guardian Angel? Is there even any importance in knowing the difference?

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Thought Adjuster?
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hello pertti,

Welcome -- glad you've joined the group. My suggestion would be for you simply to continue to read and things will continue to become clearer. I suspect that the sense of rejoicing you experience is the result of the action of the Holy Spirit and/or the Spirit of Truth in your mind. The Thought Adjuster is not in your mind -- the TA not a personality and doesn't converse with you -- the TA's ministry is primarily a one way street of which you are consciously unaware. As earthlings we won't "have experiences with our Thought Adjusters." Just read... and let it soak in.

Best wishes,
Larry

PostPosted:  

Larry,

Thanks for you answer - but now I am even more confused! Holy Spirit I have heard from in Christian context, but I suppose it is somewhat different in TUB context. Spirit of Truth, what is that? How do they work for us?

I haven't been reading TUB in order. I started from the beginning and read about a dozen papers until I realized that I have more burning questions that I want to find answers to first. So I let myself browse at the headings and read each paper that seemed to be interesting. So, I ended up reading quite a few relevant papers related to the history of Urantia, including the Lucifer rebellion. My main emphasis has, however, been reading from paper 85 until paper 116 where I am now and still continuing in order.

One of the interesting papers relevant to the Thought Adjuster is paper 110 RELATION OF ADJUSTERS TO INDIVIDUAL MORTALS (http://www.truthbook.com/index.cfm?linkID=1362), specifically 110:1.2. It describes the love and work of the Thought Adjuster and has made me realize what it is doing for me. Along with the papers 107 to 112 it gives quite a thorough treatise on the subject of Thought Adjuster.

Is there a similar description in TUB regarding how the Holy Spirit or the Spirit of Truth work for us?

Pertti

PostPosted:  

Hi pertti,

Congratulations on finding and recognizing the UB for what it is. Take a look at Paper 180, Section 5, and all of Paper 194 for enlightenment re the Spirit of Truth.

In general he Adjuster is Father's spirit gift, the SoT is the bestowal of Michael (Jesus), the 7 Adjutants are the ministry of the Holy Spirit, or Third Source and Center.

From Paper 110:7:

Quote:
P.1213 - §2 Adjusters rejoice to make contact with the mortal mind; but they must be patient through the long years of silent sojourn during which they are unable to break through animal resistance and directly communicate with you. The higher the Thought Adjusters ascend in the scale of service, the more efficient they become. But never can they greet you, in the flesh, with the same full, sympathetic, and expressionful affection as they will when you discern them mind to mind on the mansion worlds.

PostPosted:  

rick warren wrote:
Take a look at Paper 180, Section 5, and all of Paper 194 for enlightenment re the Spirit of Truth.

Thanks for the pointers! I read those and got some more understanding. However, it will take some time before I can really understand the roles of each of them. Probably not until morontia life... :)

PostPosted:  

HI Pertti 8)
WELCOME :smile:

'' However, it will take some time before I can really understand the roles of each of them. Probably not until morontia life...''

Thats a good way to think about it , and even on our
morontia life and beyond on our eternal journey
we will allways be learning to understand and Know
'' the roles of each of them.'' more an more .

Basicly ALL OF GODs Spiritual Forces and attributes
Do Work together AS ONE For our Good .
So Personal Discernment of any particular One of them
by us , IS Hard to really Know .
Yet We Can Learn About them and Begin to Understand
Them , And even start to Know them NOW .

6.5.7 Though the Eternal Son cannot personally participate in the bestowal of the Thought Adjusters, he did sit in council with the Universal Father in the eternal past, approving the plan and pledging endless co-operation, when the Father, in projecting the bestowal of the Thought Adjusters, proposed to the Son, “Let us make mortal man in our own image.” And as the spirit fragment of the Father dwells within you, so does the spirit presence of the Son envelop you, while these two forever WORK AS ONE for your spiritual advancement.

34.5.4 When mind is thus endowed with the ministry of the Holy Spirit, it possesses the capacity for (consciously or unconsciously) choosing the spiritual presence of the Universal Father — the Thought Adjuster. But it is not until a bestowal Son has liberated the Spirit of Truth for planetary ministry to all mortals that all normal minds are automatically prepared for the reception of the Thought Adjusters. The Spirit of Truth works as one with the presence of the spirit of the Divine Minister. This dual spirit liaison hovers over the worlds, seeking to teach truth and to spiritually enlighten the minds of men, to inspire the souls of the creatures of the ascending races, and to lead the peoples dwelling on the evolutionary planets ever towards their Paradise goal of divine destiny.

PostPosted:  

The Urantia Book -- Part III. The History Of Urantia
PAPER 110: Section 4.

The Adjuster's Work In The Mind

P1207:1, 110:4.1

Adjusters are able to receive the continuous stream of cosmic intelligence coming in over the master circuits of time and space; they are in full touch with the spirit intelligence and energy of the universes. But these mighty indwellers are unable to transmit very much of this wealth of wisdom and truth to the minds of their mortal subjects because of the lack of commonness of nature and the absence of responsive recognition.

P1207:2, 110:4.2 The Thought Adjuster is engaged in a constant effort so to spiritualize your mind as to evolve your morontia soul; but you yourself are mostly unconscious of this inner ministry. You are quite incapable of distinguishing the product of your own material intellect from that of the conjoint activities of your soul and the Adjuster.

P1207:3, 110:4.3 Certain abrupt presentations of thoughts, conclusions, and other pictures of mind are sometimes the direct or indirect work of the Adjuster; but far more often they are the sudden emergence into consciousness of ideas which have been grouping themselves together in the submerged mental levels, natural and everyday occurrences of normal and ordinary psychic function inherent in the circuits of the evolving animal mind. (In contrast with these subconscious emanations, the revelations of the Adjuster appear through the realms of the superconscious.)

P1207:4, 110:4.4 Trust all matters of mind beyond the dead level of consciousness to the custody of the Adjusters. In due time, if not in this world then on the mansion worlds, they will give good account of their stewardship, and eventually will they bring forth those meanings and values intrusted to their care and keeping. They will resurrect every worthy treasure of the mortal mind if you survive.

P1207:5, 110:4.5 There exists a vast gulf between the human and the divine, between man and God. The Urantia races are so largely electrically and chemically controlled, so highly animallike in their common behavior, so emotional in their ordinary reactions, that it becomes exceedingly difficult for the Monitors to guide and direct them. You are so devoid of courageous decisions and consecrated co-operation that your indwelling Adjusters find it next to impossible to communicate directly with the human mind. Even when they do find it possible to flash a gleam of new truth to the evolving mortal soul, this spiritual revelation often so blinds the creature as to precipitate a convulsion of fanaticism or to initiate some other intellectual upheaval which results disastrously. Many a new religion and strange "ism" has arisen from the aborted, imperfect, misunderstood, and garbled communications of the Thought Adjusters.

P1207:6, 110:4.6 For many thousands of years, so the records of Jerusem show, in each generation there have lived fewer and fewer beings who could function safely with self-acting Adjusters. This is an alarming picture, and the supervising personalities of Satania look with favor upon the proposals of some of your more immediate planetary supervisors who advocate the inauguration of measures designed to foster and conserve the higher spiritual types of the Urantia races.

PostPosted:  

Thought Adjusters 8)
http://urantiabook.org:5631/query.html? ... bmit=GO%21

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

I have been rebuked for making an error in my above post where I stated "The Thought Adjuster is not in your mind --" That is literally incorrect and I apologize for having used those specific words when instead I had meant to say "The Thought Adjuster is not in your conscious mind --" Of course the words are important and my above statement is incorrect.

Larry

PostPosted:  

Hi Brother Larry 8)

Yes , I Agree Correct Wording Is Important .
Although I think I Knew what you ment others may not have .
But honestly it was really not my intent to use the quotes i did
to Rebuke or correct your statement .
Yet I See how they cleard up any possible misunderstandings.
I Used them to help new readers to better understand
about the Thought Adjusters .

Just Tryin to be Helpful .

Its OK
Your allowed 1 Error every 5 years ! lol :-#

PostPosted:  

coop wrote:

For some reason urantiabook.org does not reply at all (timeout). This was already the case when first I tried to access the web site several months ago. I thought the site was closed. Can you access it?

PostPosted:  

coop wrote:

34.5.4 When mind is thus endowed with the ministry of the Holy Spirit, it possesses the capacity for (consciously or unconsciously) choosing the spiritual presence of the Universal Father — the Thought Adjuster. But it is not until a bestowal Son has liberated the Spirit of Truth for planetary ministry to all mortals that all normal minds are automatically prepared for the reception of the Thought Adjusters.

Thanks for the reference! I think this one clarifies it for me, and supports some of my conclusions on the subject.

Another good quote from TUB that I found is:

110:3.1
But usually, when your Adjuster attempts to communicate with you, the message is lost in the material currents of the energy streams of human mind; only occasionally do you catch an echo, a faint and distant echo, of the divine voice.

This experience is familiar to me and is the reason why I find the TUB descriptions of the Thought Adjuster very illuminating - and encouraging.

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Using the search engine on Truthbook.com at
http://www.truthbook.com/search/UBParag ... chForm.cfm
and entering "though adjuster AND mind" (without the quotes... upper case AND) will return the paragraphs where both the Thought Adjuster and the mind are discussed.

This search engine is very precise -- there are examples on that page for how to structure your queries to get the results you're looking for.

Larry

PostPosted:  

lwatkins wrote:
Using the search engine on Truthbook.com at
http://www.truthbook.com/search/UBParag ... chForm.cfm
and entering "though adjuster AND mind"
Larry

Interestingly enough, the first result says "The divine spirit that indwells the mind of man — the thought adjuster." :)

Then I searched for "thought adjuster AND truth". However, in this case most of the matches did not contain the word "truth"!

PostPosted:  

It is truly a joy to see some one whole heartily seeking insightful truth.

Concepts in our human mind can be a challenge because of the many spoon fed teaching we have had to grow up with that at time get in the way of advance or better ones.

the Words "Indwelling Spirit", "Thought Adjuster","Mystery Monitor", all refer to the Fragment of God the he Gave us to live with us and guide us as we begin to Choose freely those things that pull us forward in discerning universal truth.

The Journey of "Becoming" is a grand adventure and one God experiences with us as we make choices and act upon them.

Our Mind as is refers to in the U.B. is not so much our material brain as it is our Spirit mind and the conscienceness we have a Spirit being, make me think of the staying (that we are spirit being having a Human experience)