Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:02 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: I have a question..
PostPosted:  

Thank you Mary Jo! Nothing poisons a good discussion like personal, rancorous attacks.

So, FanofVan (of which I am a Fanof):

I believe related concepts have been given to truth seekers before we get it so complete and replete in the UB. You have some familiarity, I think, with Gurdjieff and Ouspenski? Within their teaching is a hierarchical system of cosmological “reciprocal maintenance” of all things existing, from the most basic elements to the Sun Absolute. It's a stunning concept, illustrating the integration and evolution of essential parts of an enormous system.

Gurdjieff claimed he learned this and other aspects of his teaching from esoteric centers of learning that have kept spiritual wisdom from disappearance for millennium. I believe his role, and other's, were to prepare the way for the Fifth Epochal Revelation. It certainly prepared me, and I am eternally grateful.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

gizmo wrote:
Thank you Mary Jo! Nothing poisons a good discussion like personal, rancorous attacks.

So, FanofVan (of which I am a Fanof):

I believe related concepts have been given to truth seekers before we get it so complete and replete in the UB. You have some familiarity, I think, with Gurdjieff and Ouspenski? Within their teaching is a hierarchical system of cosmological “reciprocal maintenance” of all things existing, from the most basic elements to the Sun Absolute. It's a stunning concept, illustrating the integration and evolution of essential parts of an enormous system.

Gurdjieff claimed he learned this and other aspects of his teaching from esoteric centers of learning that have kept spiritual wisdom from disappearance for millennium. I believe his role, and other's, were to prepare the way for the Fifth Epochal Revelation. It certainly prepared me, and I am eternally grateful.

My opinion is that such truths and knowledge of reality can originate from two sources. One is the insights and inspiration of personal revelation. But Joseph Campbell and others have proven what the UB teaches too, that the prior 4 epochal revelations have delivered many facts and a great store of knowledge and truth about universe realities that have survived as shared myths and fables and traditions that have made the passage of time and oral history and the distortion those bring within "esoteric" sources.

In a post above the text claims epochal revelation "restores" lost knowledge and "fills gaps". Many cultural legends and oral history originated in factual teachings eons ago. Many have been distorted by time and are restored by epochal revelation.

PostPosted:  

In my re-reading and reflection of this topic, I'd like to consider some related issues.

First....free will absolutely determines personal outcomes and the unique individual experiential learning and wisdom that results from our religious experience and freewill choices. But personal freewill does not determine destinies and eternal outcomes outside of time and space.

The integration and aggregation of the totality of all righteous freewill experience and wisdom by all beings in time and space through God the Supreme also adds to the experiential aspects of Deity and delivers new potential to the further experience and expression of Deity AND all minded and spiritized beings in the universe of universes.

So....our freewill choices create potential for ourself and personal future and destiny, and for time and space outcomes of some others and all others, and for that Deity which is experiential in the current and future expressions of Deity's purposes and plans. And the realization of potential always creates new potentials for actualization of potential, etc., etc., forevermore!

Eternal outcomes are never determined by or influenced by or even affected by error, evil, sin, iniquity, incompleteness, inadequacy, or any form of limitations or deformations. Eternity is perfect and complete in all potentials by the very nature of reality and the very effective filtration and perfecting process applied in time in the very process of creating, perpetuating, realizing, and actualization of potential.

Or so I understand. :idea: :?: 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7