Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:37 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted:  

I see what you are getting at.

Are you hinting that maybe some people "sleep" in the realm that the midwayer's inhabit here on earth and await judgment at the end of an age.

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

I have a story that might relate to this topic. A few years ago my partners mom passed away. She had dementia and the last time she saw her grandson she did not remember him. All broken up he kept telling my partner about how he couldn't believe that she didnt remember him and he was upset even though in his mind he knew that she couldn't help it and it wasnt personal. Well long story short not too much longer after that she passed. When his dad called him to tell him the bad news he answerd the phone and interruped him saying that he had the wierdest dream... only he said it wasn't a dream he was awake.. he said he saw her and that she was so sorry for not remembering him and then she just dissappeard in a cloud of purple smoke. He did not even know she had passed... and then when he found out she did he was totally surprised and freaked out... but somehow everyone felt better and more comforted. Now the book says that the dead in no way communicate with the living.. but i wonder sometimes if in dreams or whatever the inbetween here and there theres some dimension or something like that because this expeirence that he had was very real

PostPosted:  

Yea I had a experience where a being called "Uriel" had a conversation with me and I was meditating and praying for cellestial help and I was not asleep. The only thing was his voice wasn't in my head, I could hear him threw my ear drum lol wierd stuff I know.

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Reincarnation is also very real to those who think they have experienced it, as are ghost and other unexplained encounters. If your beliefs or your experiences are different from what you're being told is real through the teachings of the FER then that's a good opportunity for you to evaluate some of your thought processes.

What is it that you think you're seeing or hearing? How reliable is your mind? Has it been affected by heredity, drugs, alcohol? How good is your perception of reality and of truth?

TUB explains that your soul and your personality are asleep until you awaken on the first mansion world. Grandma dies, you have a vivid dream about grandma -- does that mean that what you've learned from TUB is in error? Or does it mean that something else that you're not considering is involved? Do you understand the soul, personality, mind?

All too often we try to conform revelation to fit our own prejudices rather than conforming our beliefs, thoughts, ideas instead to it. Its function is to challenge our thinking and our beliefs to provide new understanding even though the old ways may be more comfortable.

Larry

PostPosted:  

lwatkins wrote:
What is it that you think you're seeing or hearing? How reliable is your mind? Has it been affected by heredity, drugs, alcohol? How good is your perception of reality and of truth?
Larry

Hence why I don't share this experience with anyone lol. Nikki if you do experience something profound or amazing it is best not to share, even in the Urantia Book there are cases of strange thing's happening as the Wise Men were led to Jesus by a man who had strange visions of jesus being born. The book even talk's about superhuman's contacting human's, midwayer's etc my expereince was not sooo strange in relation to all of these events in the u.b. Nor does this experience give me a god complex nor do I feel like I have any special power's it was a once in a lifetime thing that happened because I was desperately trying to save someones life and after exhuasting all human resources to save his life I turned to asking for sepharim help, and during the process of building up the courage to ask for help I knew that perhaps what i was attempting was a bit crazy but I figured I had no choice and that friend would do the same for me if he was in my shoe's.

Nikki Charleton's and fraud's have made it impossible for anyone to share any expereince that is unusual, and you will be looked at as crazy even by Urantia Book reader's, or especially by U.B reader's lol.

I know what I experienced wasn't make belief but it doesn't matter to anyone but me, and no I wasn't doing drug's or anything of the sort. I was praying for my best friend who was about to die with a normal mind and a good motive to save his life. I don't care if anyone believe's me because it is a personal story that is not meant for anyone but me. And now that my friend is dead I am proud that I tried everything in my human power to save his life, and even though I failed I tried my hardest and I know when I see him again in the next world he will appreciate the effort I gave.

Not to mention that "uriel" gave me information about the world that I had no way of knowing previously and described things that I had no prior knowledge of..He used a few ancient words that I had never heard of that had perfect meanign to the conversation we had, I had to look them up after. one of them was a word that's definiton is "that which god saves" a word that I never even knew existed yet had perfect context in our conversation. Anyway's it does not matter, the voice was not a whisper it was trumpeting and impossible to confuse with sordid thoughts, but this is my personal story and I will not bring it up again in this forum because I don't like to.

I follow the U.B and the Gospel of Jesus in its intirety. So I don't reflect on this expereince to much, and instead rely soley on the how much I love man as my measure of spirituality.

For the most part I do not believe in pyscic's and I don't relate my experience as a pyscic experience. I don't believe that people talk to the dead or even angels for that matter. It was a one time thing that is a life or death situation and probably will never happen again to me.

The U.B is full of strange mysterous events. How was Paul able to view Morontia substance. How did anyone on earth envision the lucifer rebellion, How was the "sea of glass" on the morontia world envisioned by humans. How is that people have seen the sepheric transport's and viewed them as the wings of an angel. How have the those beatiful creature's who act as compasses in the next world been invisioned by mortals. How do midwayer's make contact with physical things.

The book talks about strange occurance's jesus just warned his apostles about obssessing over strange occurances, and viewing them as sacred. Jesus warned about placing sacred meaning to unsacred events. Likewise I don't place sacredness on my event.

Again I don't concentrate on having anything special happen to me, I don't go out and love mankind because of all the rewards or potential vision's of paradise I could have, but I am certainly open to the fact that strange things can occur.

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

boomshuka
"I see what you are getting at.
Are you hinting that maybe some people "sleep" in the realm that the midwayer's inhabit here on earth and await judgment at the end of an age."

Yes of course, but probably more that that.

TonyMa referenced the process of Translation and rightly expressed the Midwayers involvement in that process. It probably should be our objective or even our goal to be Translated.
It should be unacceptable within our beings to accept death as the process. Certainly, the objective or goal (as it were) is improbable to achieve in this life path, but it isn’t without precedent, since a few have actually achieved this on Urantia.

Ergo: Translation is not sleep or rest, but the actual consciences of the Father. While this apparently bypasses or circumvents the ‘Between’ state, yet at the same time because of the Midwayers involvement it is directly involved with this Between State. I am aware that (to the best of my knowledge) no Contact Commissioner Translated and these folks knew and experienced much more than I ever have.

Nicki Jan’s story brings afresh certain unexplained events in human history of comfort from a realm that cannot be denied. Are the Mystery Monitors the ones being utilized in these processes of comfort?
I, like you Nicki Jane do not think these events are gas, mental duress or instabilities, heredity, drugs, hallucinations, or some kind of psychosis, alcohol or a plethora of other excuses for actual events that are as yet unexplained by any material on earth or beyond earth (IMO).

I do not happen to believe in Reincarnation (as outline by the human condition and animal orientation) yet Morontia life is described replete with similar experiences with its 570 lives.
I know, many are ‘purest’ with the Urantia material, but we should also consider our inabilities to understand the concepts presented.
As William Sadler Jr. once pointed out, we are as the Bantu having a limited ability to discern beyond the count of three. Bantu counted One, Two, Many. We too count or perceive and understand on this limited level. Just because we do not understand something, doesn’t mean that it isn’t true or doesn’t exist.

The gift of the Urantia material (all of it) and the experiences by those that brought it into existence in its present form knew all too well that to crystallize the material into a fixed immovable set of concepts would not allow for proper growth I believe.
Too be sure wide is the path to destruction and narrow is the true way to the Father of Light, but all thoughts BEFORE they are thought have already been thought by that very same Father of all. We are all, the sum of our experiences and thoughts.
Thus, the exploration based upon the Urantia material is an adventure and to re-focus once more to the 'Between Here and There' is a viable exploration of those concepts presented in this material we call the Urantia Book. Yet we are remiss if we ‘fix’ it as unmovable.
The Midwayers wait for the sphere to be settled in Light and Life and as such do have a vested interest in accomplishing this task, which further illustrates that both the Secondary and Primary Midwayers reside in a realm that contributes to Soul rebirth of the mortal creature (IMO).
Soul is an immortal expression of the Father and as such is an eternal value, as is personality from the Father though the Son, where mind is a spiritual value as given by the daughter Spirit via the Infinite Spirit though the local universe. As the Urantia material clearly shows the synergistic relationship of these three values.
I do agree with Larry that we are challenged to find expression via the Spirit of Truth to bring about a new understanding and equally is the improvement to put into action this new understanding.
I would that all have experiential moments uvailing new understandings which guide us ever onward to the Father, The First Source and Center.

A Jessean

PostPosted:  

Boomshuka
“…Not to mention that "uriel" gave me information about the world that I had no way of knowing previously and described things that I had no prior knowledge of..”

Got to ask…

Is this Uriel of Koran fame?

Just curious..

A Jessean

PostPosted:  

Jessean@live.com wrote:
Boomshuka
“…Not to mention that "uriel" gave me information about the world that I had no way of knowing previously and described things that I had no prior knowledge of..”

Got to ask…

Is this Uriel of Koran fame?

Just curious..

A Jessean

I don't know I have never read anything from the Koran. When I prayed for help I just had a feeling that Uriel would respond to me I dont know why I prayed to him. When he announced himself he just said really causually that he was Uriel and that he was busy helping someone and that he would be right back lol so I chuckled and then I waited and waited and he came back. He didn't spell his name for me but I imagine he would have had I asked he said he would answer any question I had, and asked me if there is anything I wanted to know about I kick myself to this day that I should have asked the most thought provoking question lol.

Anyway's I dont know why I asked him this but for some reason I asked him what soul group did I belong to. And he said "Jorell" and I thought to myself what the heck does superman's dad have to with anything, hahah I was kinda stunned at his response.

It wasn't untill year's later I actually learned what the Word Jorell actually mean's.

In Hebrew, the name Jorel means- god will uplift. Other origins for the name Jorel include - Hebrew, English.The name Jorel is most often used as a boy name or male name.

Anyway's that was a bit of it, there was some more stuff that was said but I leave that topic alone. lol

I understand the stigma of what I am saying though lol. I know one of the more dangerous endevaour's is to be led by someone who claim's to talk to cellestial's or to think that you're thoughts are associated with cellestial's etc, I will just say though that this experience was in my inner ear drum and not in my mind it was similar to putting my ear against a sea-shell and hearing the ocean, and the ocean or "uriel" sounding very loud and clear and almost booming threw the seashell.

I don't really think about the event that much and instead busy myself doing the best to interpret the Urantia book. I think it would foolish to obssess over or try and give meaning to it. It's just one of those x-file's mystery's hahaha, or something out of unsolved mystery case files.

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Boomshuka wrote: “I don't know I have never read anything from the Koran. When I prayed for help I just had a feeling that Uriel would respond to me I dont know why I prayed to him. When he announced himself he just said really causually that he was Uriel and that he was busy helping someone and that he would be right back lol so I chuckled and then I waited and waited and he came back. He didn't spell his name for me but I imagine he would have had I asked he said he would answer any question I had, and asked me if there is anything I wanted to know about I kick myself to this day that I should have asked the most thought provoking question lol.”

Greetings,

Besides the Koran and the ‘Old Testament’ you can find this in the Book Of Enoch. Are you aware of these?
Do you understand the significant of this being?

Ahh but I digress…

I realize that this really isn’t the forum (pardon the reference) for these kinds of extrapolations, as this board only wishes to focus on the Urantia material, but I do thank you for your openness about other references outside the material.

(IMO) since the Urantia material is an amalgamation of human concepts and historical knowledge as well as a sprinkling of unknown references, then all human theological works have merit to both explore but referenced, both for supporting the Urantia material, but also to bring further extrapolation of existing understanding.

Yet, we must keep in mind, many first time readers do (and have) confusion when outside information is brought in conversations which unless they are Theologians have a disadvantage of reference.

(IMO) it takes literally years of evaluation and cross referencing to enable a true understanding of other material to dovetail to the Urantia material.

(IMO) So far, I’ve not found a board that enables this kind of in-depth conversations which incorporates other material to be interjected into Urantia material discussions.

Perhaps Larry has a point that it is not wisdom to allow diversion from the Urantia material because of the adverse effect it would have on fragile beginnings of understanding this material and beginning the adventure of exploration of the Urantia material.

A Jessean

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Please do not post discussions about conversations with invisible beings. You can carry on these conversations in private, but not on these discussion lists.

Larry

PostPosted:  

yea ill just leave the topic alone someone can message me if they wanna talk about it more.. its always been a private thing for me I don't even tell my family or gf about. Also I know 99.9 percent of these reported events are not real so its not really good to focus on these occurances. Its probably safer for ppl to think I was delusional so that they do not listen to the other crazy's out there lol. I get that. I really do so I won't bring it up again.

I read about him in enoch and I thought the storys were interesting...

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Greetings One and All....

Again to bring this back into focus.
Consider this quote from the Urantia material:

Page-438
Your conventional idea of angels has been derived in the following way: During moments just prior to physical death a reflective phenomenon sometimes occurs in the human mind, and this dimming consciousness seems to visualize something of the form of the attending angel, and this is immediately translated into terms of the habitual concept of angels held in that individual's mind.

This would suggest that an attending Angel is certainly there at the time of ...death... and that door being opened. This infers that indeed it is 'Beween' here and there. Regardless of conscience thought, the reality of existence within this 'Between' certainly seems to be supported.

Then this question of ?what? we are at that moment is being "reflective" to the mind of the physical self. If 'visulization' is occuring, then by what source is that visulization occuring? Mystery Monitor? Something else?

Thoughts...

A Jessean

PostPosted:  

Greetings with a follow up….
Same Page:

Page-438
When celestial beings are to be enseraphimed for transfer from one world to another, they are brought to the headquarters of the sphere and, after due registry, are inducted into the transit sleep. Meantime, the transport seraphim moves into a horizontal position immediately above the universe energy pole of the planet. While the energy shields are wide open, the sleeping personality is skillfully deposited, by the officiating seraphic assistants, directly on top of the transport angel. Then both the upper and lower pairs of shields are carefully closed and adjusted.

I realize that this references “celestial beings”, but the process is the same for individual transport (probably not at a dispensational age).

So, if individual transports occur, then would we not think it was at this ‘headquarters of the sphere’?

Is our essence (Soul) also ‘registered’?

Are we transported from our place of death to this place of transport?

Does this infer a ‘Between’ here and there (even if it is ever so briefly?)?

I have had the privilege of being at the physical spot of this headquarter of this sphere (Urantia)
“….just outside….while you will not physically see anything it is quite beautiful…..”
(You may do a private mail from this board if you want more of this place.

Anyway, the ‘transit sleep’ for various celestial beings as it would be for a sleeping survivor? And take note of the ‘officiating seraphic assistants. The process seems to be an integrate complex process.

If the ‘Soul’ is the item transported, is ‘Soul’ considered a celestial thing?

Thoughts

A Jessean

PostPosted:  

Jessean@live.com wrote:
… If the ‘Soul’ is the item transported, is ‘Soul’ considered a celestial thing?
Hi Jessean. I think the soul (or personality) may be just an item or construct in 'God’s memory', which (after experience) can be reused or salvaged and fused with its TA, or not..

PostPosted:  

Jessean@live.com wrote:
… If the ‘Soul’ is the item transported, is ‘Soul’ considered a celestial thing?

Bart Wrote: Hi Jessean. I think the soul (or personality) may be just an item or construct in 'God’s memory', which (after experience) can be reused or salvaged and fused with its TA, or not..

Greetings and Salutations of Good Will Bart,

Respectfully I disagree that ‘Soul’ is personality per se’ however, that memory comment is intriguing and something I shall ponder a bit.

My own ‘lessons’ on ‘Soul’ do not bear out personality as ‘Soul’ but rather ‘Soul’ is a separate thing.

I do like the thought about the Father’s memory as a construct….never thought about it in quite that way before (that’s why we keep you folks around to challenge us old ‘foggies’  :shock: ).

The reusing part or salvaged part is a little disconcerting. While you present fusion with the Mystery Monitor as the predication to recoup memory seems a bit awkward for the Father, but not beyond the realm of possibilities. I shall need to explore that splinter concept and perhaps I’ll get back with you on that one.

Thanks Bart…those kinds of thoughts bring my old grey brain ‘follicles’ into rapid fire synapses and permeate my consciences with challenging problems that scream resolution.. :roll:

A Jessean

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next