Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:54 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted:  

Who are these teachers in urantia community?

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Quote:
The Urantia Papers themselves already set up a barrier to those who can not read well, or those who can read into what they like and can not impartially assess what are revealed.

Who is to be the judge of that? Not any of us I dare say.

The UB isn't a barrier, it's a bridge. But those who do have the ability to read and comprehend must also have the ability to incorporate the truths within themselves in order to pass any of it on. The fruits of the spirit will then spread naturally as they are lived out. If we read and understand, yet fail to live out of that understanding then we are simply holding onto crystallized words. They sound good in our heads and we might be able to talk a good talk, but that's about as far as those words go if they don't filter down from the brain.

I'm heartened to meet people everyday who have grasped the real meaning of life...without benefit of the UB. They may use different words but their actions are proof that the spirit of truth is alive and very busy doing what only it can do. Sometimes we can fall into that trap of thinking we are more intelligent because we study the book...but then end up missing the point of it all.

No longer can man presume to monopolize the ministry of religious service. ...among the followers of Jesus woman has been forever set free from all religious discriminations based on gender. TUB pg 2065 (194:3.14)

PostPosted:  

TonyMa wrote:
Quote:
the poor of this day are the first to heed the call to repentance and acceptance of sonship.

That means at Jesus generation. At this day and age, it is more likely of those who are highly educated with above normal mindal ability. Please check those who are teachers in the Urantia Papers community, and see whether this is true.

Before, the class struggle is between rich and poor, now is more like higher or lower intelligence.

So let's move on.

You dont have to be a genious to understand the Urantia book. If that were the case we would all be screwed. The Gospel of Jesus is meant for EVERYONE.

Some of the concept's like the "I AM" are definitely advanced but their recognition is only limited to the power of the spiritual imagination of any son of god.

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Quote:
I'm heartened to meet people everyday who have grasped the real meaning of life...without benefit of the UB. They may use different words but their actions are proof that the spirit of truth is alive and very busy doing what only it can do. Sometimes we can fall into that trap of thinking we are more intelligent because we study the book...but then end up missing the point of it all.

t
Other than the Urantia Papers readers, people are generally ignorance of the sum and substances of Christ Michael's bestow mission. The function of the Spirit of Truth is almost wholly limited outside the readers' community unless some people receive special ministry.

Quote:
P.379 - §5 Though the Spirit of Truth is poured out upon all flesh, this spirit of the Son is almost wholly limited in function and power by man's personal reception of that which constitutes the sum and substance of the mission of the bestowal Son.

If you have a better personal reception of the sum and substance, you are more intelligent as far as ascension is concerned.

PostPosted:  

boomshuka wrote:
TonyMa wrote:
Quote:
the poor of this day are the first to heed the call to repentance and acceptance of sonship.

That means at Jesus generation. At this day and age, it is more likely of those who are highly educated with above normal mindal ability. Please check those who are teachers in the Urantia Papers community, and see whether this is true.

Before, the class struggle is between rich and poor, now is more like higher or lower intelligence.

So let's move on.

You dont have to be a genious to understand the Urantia book. If that were the case we would all be screwed. The Gospel of Jesus is meant for EVERYONE.

Some of the concept's like the "I AM" are definitely advanced but their recognition is only limited to the power of the spiritual imagination of any son of god.

You have missed my point. I will try to explain again.

In Jesus generation, the Forth Epochal Revelation was more readily received by poor people. However, the richer people eventually caught up on Christianity.

In our generation, the Fifth Epochal Revelation is more readily received by people with higher mindal ability, and those who are less endowed mindally will catch up due to the ministry of those who received first.

This time is quite different because the creams of the humanity are those get hold of the revelation first.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
Who is to be the judge of that? Not any of us I dare say.

There is a different between interpretation of meanings and discernment of facts. Facts are really available for everybody to exam, but meanings always contain personal elements.

Is it a fact that the Urantia Papers are a lot harder to read than a college text book on religion?

Is it a fact that the Urantia Papers first appeared amongst a group of highly educated individuals?

Is it a fact that highly educated people have in general better mind endowment than average population?

Is it a fact that those who publicly teaching the Urantia Papers are also highly educated?

Is it a fact that to have some comprehensive total understanding the Urantia Papers requires a better than average mind?

It seems that those who truly value these papers are amongst the cream of humanity as far as mind endowment is concerned.

PostPosted:  

boomshuka wrote:
Who are these teachers in urantia community?

It is up to you to find out.

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

TonyMa --
Quote:
Other than the Urantia Papers readers, people are generally ignorance of the sum and substances of Christ Michael's bestow mission. The function of the Spirit of Truth is almost wholly limited outside the readers' community unless some people receive special ministry.

It seems that those who truly value these papers are amongst the cream of humanity as far as mind endowment is concerned.

I think you're expressing unfortunate and elitist attitudes regarding readers of TUB. First, I believe any normal minded person can read and understand the Urantia papers in the way they are intended to be understood by the authors. They're written in such a way however that those with sharper minds and better intellects can draw even more deeply from them; their scope of meaning and value covers the spectrum for those with normal minds to those with the best minds on the planet.

While it's true that those who haven't read TUB would know next to nothing about the unique topics the book presents, such as Michael's bestowals, that information is only essential knowledge for those striving to become cosmic citizens above and beyond the place of a son or daughter of the heavenly Father and a brother or sister to all believers -- the message Jesus presented. And it is both short-sighted and false to say that the Spirit of Truth only functions within the UB readership or for those receiving special ministry. The Spirit of Truth has functioned since the day of Pentecost and functions throughout all levels of mind development for everyone who seeks to find or know truth whether agnostic, pagan, Catholic, Buddhist...

There is no "creams of the humanity" nor should UB readers be singled out as somehow spiritually special. UB readers have more facts and knowledge in areas that may be unrecognized among the rest of the population but that does not confer specialness any more than a mensa or a Presbyterian is "creams of the humanity". The UB stresses the value of the normal minded; it is inaccurate and misleading for you to make pronouncements of special status either of yourself or of other UB readers.

Larry

PostPosted:  

I would also like to add that being a first time reader I feel elightened but not better than anyone who has not read it because let's remember we are all connected we are all brothers and sisters!!! Getting back to the origianal question... I'm confused doesn't the book say that when u die u are asleep fully unaware of how long u have been asleep being 3 days or 30 years???

PostPosted:  

lwatkins wrote:
TonyMa --
Quote:

I think you're expressing unfortunate and elitist attitudes regarding readers of TUB. First, I believe any normal minded person can read and understand the Urantia papers in the way they are intended to be understood by the authors. They're written in such a way however that those with sharper minds and better intellects can draw even more deeply from them; their scope of meaning and value covers the spectrum for those with normal minds to those with the best minds on the planet.

While it's true that those who haven't read TUB would know next to nothing about the unique topics the book presents, such as Michael's bestowals, that information is only essential knowledge for those striving to become cosmic citizens above and beyond the place of a son or daughter of the heavenly Father and a brother or sister to all believers -- the message Jesus presented. And it is both short-sighted and false to say that the Spirit of Truth only functions within the UB readership or for those receiving special ministry. The Spirit of Truth has functioned since the day of Pentecost and functions throughout all levels of mind development for everyone who seeks to find or know truth whether agnostic, pagan, Catholic, Buddhist...

There is no "creams of the humanity" nor should UB readers be singled out as somehow spiritually special. UB readers have more facts and knowledge in areas that may be unrecognized among the rest of the population but that does not confer specialness any more than a mensa or a Presbyterian is "creams of the humanity". The UB stresses the value of the normal minded; it is inaccurate and misleading for you to make pronouncements of special status either of yourself or of other UB readers.

Larry

Why do you think the Forth Epochal Revelation eventually became dormant into Christianity? The precise reason was nobody in the disciples had a very clear reception of the sum and substance of Christ Micheal's bestowal mission. Why as a reader for so long you still stuck at this point insisting on the false idea the Christians have: The Spirit of Truth will guide those who believe Jesus Christ as their personal Savor.

The parable of talents indicates each person is endowed differently. Why do not the readers impartially embrace this fact? That each personalty is absolute unique makes it not necessary to be anything special. The status of different levels are just mater of fact, not need to be viewed as elitists or otherwise. Why people are thin skinned when different levels of endowment are mentioned?

This is the sickness of pantheism, or the false idea of absolute equality of all in terms of endowments.

Quote:
P.557 - §13 27. Progress demands development of individuality; mediocrity seeks perpetuation in standardization.

PostPosted:  

Nicki Jane wrote:
I would also like to add that being a first time reader I feel elightened but not better than anyone who has not read it because let's remember we are all connected we are all brothers and sisters!!! Getting back to the origianal question... I'm confused doesn't the book say that when u die u are asleep fully unaware of how long u have been asleep being 3 days or 30 years???

Yes, and this can be checked out with personal experience: if you do not look at a clock before and after a sleep, you really do not have a clue as how long you have slept.

PostPosted:  

In my opinion, If we fail to love mankind and God the Urantia Book will not save us from judgment. I have heard alot of people use the Urantia Book as a reason that they will survive death, I wouldn't tempt myself to do the same. I dont think there is any special privilige the U.B gives only that it helps to understand mankind and God more and that this is an oppurtunity to love them more thus increasing our soul's capacity for spiritual receptivity which will assure our survival.

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

TonyMa -- I'm losing patience. You're on the verge of losing posting privileges. This is a Urantia Book discussion site -- not a TonyMa philosophy site. You cannot say "The Spirit of Truth will guide those who believe Jesus Christ as their personal Savor. " here -- that's not a Urantia Book concept and cannot be stated as if it were true. Get yourself under control.

Larry

PostPosted:  

Pride always comes before a fall.

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Nicki Jane Post subject: Re: Between Here and There
Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:12 am +0000
Posts: 17 I would also like to add that being a first time reader I feel elightened but not better than anyone who has not read it because let's remember we are all connected we are all brothers and sisters!!! Getting back to the origianal question... I'm confused doesn't the book say that when u die u are asleep fully unaware of how long u have been asleep being 3 days or 30 years???

Thank you Nicki Jane for a re-focus,

Yes that is one of the basic statements. I realize that most consider this concept of 3 days or 30 years or 1,000 years makes no difference if one is unaware and time has no real relevancy.

However, the material does not also say many, many things that do require our exploring the path toward the Father of all. The Urantia material is but a primer and demands that its principals be put into action.
That action enables the path to become wider and more firm.
And as a primer, it shouts in silence that one needs the compulsion to “seek and ye shall find” to forge ahead through the tumults of life to find the shores of Paradise. I realize that you’ve made one trip through the Urantia pages….that is a good start.

Yet, after 48 years with the material it is only the beginning of the quest to know for me and mine.
The question is about where the Midwayers reside (environment) and where the Soul (or essence or whatever we like to call it) exists even in sleep or rest.
With the Father all things are possible.
Perhaps the only factors are the gathering of Souls when a dispensation end, or unknown to the Soul a transport occurs to the First Mansion World for resurrection. Survival of the individual only awaits the sleep? I wonder, is the transport only with a sleeping survivor, which is only the Soul? What of emotion? What of personality?
Yet, it Is the; Between Here and There regardless of state of being that I search its pages (the Urantia Book) and where ever else will shed light to this otherwise dull mind of mine..
A good amount of conversation was entered here on consciousness, personality, energy and circuits and so forth. The material seems replete with the life course after resurrection on the First Mansion World but perhaps that is only one point of view?

I would say at this point that I’m still not convinced that a “Between Here and There” does not exists. I can appreciate that we are all struggling with the idea of consciousness and certainly most believe that this consciousness does not occur until the First Mansion World Resurrection. I would agree, for those that have a need of ‘rest’, will indeed obtain that ‘rest’ until the First Mansion world. I have always found it curious that the Midwayers have not described their environment (probably forbidden) and perhaps it may be because another process is occurring prior to the transport to the First Mansion World or a dispensation of time en mass transport?

Folks studying the Urantia material via search engine words and phrases on a computer brings an amalgamation of these concepts into a string that enables the reader not to just take quotes, but another viewing point.

A very young lady once said…”Peoples have a point of view, God has many viewing points” {Mr. God; This Is Anna}.

I suppose that is my quest these days, to expand my viewing points :)
I must admit I am fortunate among the human race to be able to witness this information explosion and be a part of it knowing what I know here and elsewhere.
It is wonderful to see the unfolding of this material to your generation.

Thank you for taking some of your time and re-focus.

A Jessaean {Epiphanius, Adversus Haereses}

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next