Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:45 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Between Here and There
PostPosted:  

Subject: Between Here and There

Greetings One and All;

I’ve recently signed on to this discussion board after being away from these types of boards for a dozen years or so…
I thought I might solicit these very astute minds to ponder this “Between Here and There” question.
After studying the Urantia material for well over forty-eight years and discussing many, many topics and as a bit of a theologian I’ve wondered about the immediate departure from this place to the next phase of existence.
Now I realize that many folks in the Urantia community believe that after the death process; that a trip to the Mansion Worlds (providing survival is accomplished) is in order.
Yet after due consideration and after much speculation and consideration I find the Urantia material either by design or on purpose lacking in regards to our ‘immediate’ state after death….
The “Between Here…. (just after death and about three earth days from what I understand) and There, prior to a transport.

Does such an existence have reality?
Is consciousness in such a state prior to resurrection on the Mansion World exist?
What role do the Midwayers play in our life drama at this stage, Primary as well as Secondary?
Why have they been silent about their realm (for the most part)?
Where or what is this state of being?
Do emotions go with the soul?
Does our eternal value: eg: the soul take ‘wing’ as it were; within the confines of our planetary realm?
Or do you folks think that it is all rest until that faithful moment when the transport of our values to the first mansion world.

So, my friends…what are your thoughts about “Between Here and There”?

A Jessean

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Hi Jessean. My 2 cents: It might be some spiritual phase-transition, like a physical substance may exist in different discrete phases, ranging from solid to fluid to gaseous.. :)

PostPosted:  

My belief is that our soul makes a descision on whether to survive after we die and that this descision is made in the presence of the thought adjuster.

I believe during this entire descision process we are not really sure whats happening, as our minds are no-longer.

So much is made in the Urantia book about Intellectually following the gospel of jesus and intellectually acknowledging god etc and how hazerdous this half-assed approach can be to our survival. I believe that while our intellect half sincerely hopes for survival it can fail to foster survival hunger to our souls.

That even when we die and hope to live intellectually, we may fail to pass on spiritual urge's for our soul thereby leaving it unable to choose survival because it fail's to identify with spiritual substance.

I hope I am wrong though and I hope that all dogs go to heaven......lol

As far as midwayer's I dont think that they play to big of a role in our lives. I think that on a world settled in light and life midwayer's play a huge role in interaction with human being's, and that this process of communication will be aided by the gas chamber's located somewhere in the inner ear. I think that this communication device that adam and eve used will eventually become our connection to these beings some time way in the future. I think the only reason it hasn't happened yet, is that it would be unsafe for human's to be connected to such an advanced civlization so early in our own development.

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Quote:
The “Between Here…. (just after death and about three earth days from what I understand) and There, prior to a transport.

Does such an existence have reality?
Is consciousness in such a state prior to resurrection on the Mansion World exist?
What role do the Midwayers play in our life drama at this stage, Primary as well as Secondary?
Why have they been silent about their realm (for the most part)?
Where or what is this state of being?
Do emotions go with the soul?
Does our eternal value: eg: the soul take ‘wing’ as it were; within the confines of our planetary realm?
Or do you folks think that it is all rest until that faithful moment when the transport of our values to the first mansion world.

It must be understood that consciousness requires energy of certain kind. When one is unconscious, he does not have enough such energy. Physical death is due the organic living vehicle can no longer produce such energy anymore. So consciousness of the personality stops until the soul material is re-energized in the first mansion world. In between state is just a human imagination. There is some validity to this state; however, the personality is not involved. I do not want go further on this topic in case the management is going to accuse me again. [Yes Tony, your opinions are yours -- we have asked that you continue to adhere to the teachings of TUB in your posts rather than to present your opinions as facts -- Larry]

Midwayers will lift you up into the sky if you are going to fuse on the planet. My guess is secondary ones doing it.
[Please don't guess and please give references -- Larry]

Our body does not produce the necessary consciousness energy for us to perceive into the realm of midwayers.
[That's an opinion unsupported by teachings of TUB -- Larry]

If you become God-conscious, you will understand that God-consciousness is due to your body and mind produces certain kind of energy enable you to be conscious of the Thought Adjuster working through the seven Adjutant Spirits. It is still not a direct contacting of the Thought Adjuster until you reach the First Circle when the Seven Adjutants finishes their ministry. [The Thought Adjuster doesn't work through the adjutants nor does your connection with them cease until you're a morontia being -- you're giving unsupported opinions. Larry]

Human emotion will be left on the planet; however, there are soul reflexes of this emotion which can be activated if you return here during another dispensation. [This is an unsupported opinion -- Larry]

Our mind works in the planetary realm, our soul is in a higher realm, and the Adjuster even higher. The Adjuster using the soul to contact our mind. He records all worth a while decisions of ours in His memory, and the soul copies the Adjuster actions, as well as our mind actions. In the mansion world, the Adjuster will activate the soul's copy of His actions, but the mind copy (reflexes) can not be activated due to absence of planetary energy. This is not an exact, but close enough.n [No Tonyma, it is not close enough. You're giving your opinion, not concepts provided by the book -- Larry]

Fear not, you simply experience a deep sleep when you die.

[Tony, I have taken the time to hilight why we are having a bit of a challenge with your posts. The discussion board is not a place for you to develop or present your own personal philosophy... even if that philosophy is based somewhat on the teachings of TUB. You must follow the posting guidelines and you must not present your opinions as if they were fact. I've left your misstatements intact in this post. From this point forward your posts will be edited and if you continue in this manner your posting privileges will be revoked. Larry]

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hello A Jessean,

Welcome and thanks for the questions. My initial thought is "don't worry, be happy" and next I'd say I think the revelators have given us everything we need to know, enough to ease our fears and to give us hope. Speculation beyond that knowledge is speculation.

For me, knowing that after death there is no sense of time or of self so that a slumber of 3 days or of up to a thousand years makes no difference is sufficient information. If I have grown a soul capable of being transported to the mansion worlds which can be reunited with my Adjuster and my personality then the real adventure begins. If I don't have a soul capable of this then I'll never know the difference, will never again gain consciousness. Once functioning on the mansion worlds I suppose I can find out exactly what happened after death, but maybe I won't be interested in knowing anything more than the fact of survival as I go on to bigger and better things.

Best wishes,
Larry

PostPosted:  

Hello Bart…
Good 2 cents worth….but I rather think it has more value … to be sure…
“…spiritual phase-transition….” Thanks for your thought.

Greetings Boomshuke,
Your thought on ‘Soul’ linked the Mystery Monitor is interesting, to be sure.
Since I believe that the ‘Soul’ is an Eternal Value, then such a decision making union has much merit. I would also concur that decision making would necessarily be on an instinctual ‘Soul’ level rater than a conscious level. I enjoyed your descriptive sentence (in part) “…..we may fail to pass on spiritual urges for our soul…..fail’s to identify with spiritual substance.”, well thought. Most dogs go to heaven…it’s the people that concern me . I suppose I would take a little umbrage with your comment that Midwayers do not play a big role in our affairs, since the very material we peruse and attempt to assimilate come because of their involvement. I would like to think that, that involvement continues even after death in some way…could be wrong, but I still would like to think that. You have a quick mind, and I find your thought provocative indeed.

Salutations Tonyma
You really challenged my concepts and experiential existence to be sure.
So, Energy – Life; Is Life Energy?
Is consciousness dependent upon independent Energy?
Do circuits within this realm enable a kind of consciousness …a energy per se’.
Does the Mystery Monitor draw upon unknown types of energy?
Is Personality residual within the ‘Soul’ or loose it’s ‘Tine” or Potential not yet realized?
I must admit I do not understand your comment about “management” so I have no bases of comment upon that comment.
In between state is a human concept, an imagination? By what premise is this drawn as a conclusion?
The Midwayers…fusion…ummm…interesting, perhaps I should speak to Elijah about that fusion process . An interesting conclusion I must admit.
Your reference to the Thought Adjuster (I prefer the use of the term Mystery Monitor) and the Seven Adjutant Spirits and God-conscious(ness) and mind/body producing energy for communion with the Mystery Monitor is something I shall ponder.
I did enjoy your comment: “Human emotion will be left on the planet; however, there are soul reflexes of this emotion which can be activated if you return here during another dispensation.” because emotions is a unique aspect of the living realm. I’m rather curious about ‘soul reflexes’ however, very fascinating way to express a dormant phase. However, I would also take a little umbrage with “…if you return here during another dispensation.” Since I wonder that such a reincarnation is deemed viable considering the amount of other experiences yet to be unfolded in ones life, but a concept that need further review by me to be sure.
I was taken by your dissertation of Adjuster-Soul-Mind in the next paragraph, and I’m well aware of the Mansion World process in relationship to the Monitor and Mind and Soul and the transmissions of same, yet I cannot help to express my eternal gratitude to your effort to express these concepts which elude our finite mind expressions.
Your last comment made me take pause: “Fear not, you simply experience a deep sleep when you die.” And I do understand why this would be your closing thought. I would assure you that Fear is not in my life course and it is perfectly ok that your conclusion is that no ‘in-between’ exists in the transmission of the life path here, and much of what you’ve presented is indicative of a good and noble mind searching for new concepts to be unfolded within this life path.

Many, Many Regards Larry (|Watkins)
I find it again interesting that we now have all the information we need (“….given us everything we need to know…”). After 48 years of study a couple of experiential moments I find that the ‘revelators’ transliterated and gave us a stimulus to enable our further development and additional concepts for those that use their agency to peel back the onion of conceptual awareness and additional information to ‘peek inside’ as it were; into reality beyond this physical status. A few throughout our own history have stepped into the unknown and discovered that reality (both in recent but also in antiquity) fosters even more desire to know. The search for the Father of all things is a quest of the individual being and that requires of the individual that all things are possible and the “renting of the veil” is as well.
Many are satisfied with the level of conceptual presentments and find that this is adequate for their needs at this time and for those it is good.
The presentments are but a primer in the schoolhouse of the universe, and to go beyond is a challenge and most will not attempt the venture. To wait and be patience is an admirable course for most and therein is their reward. Transfiguration, Translation, Fusion as it were; is a goal to possibly achieve in this time and place. To be settled in Life and Life is a state of being to be achieved in this place.
The responsibility is ours the consequence is Gods.
Larry, I’m reminded of another, Rick was his name, he is passed, and all is well.
No sense of time after death? No sense of time during this living, is there a difference my friend?

**************************************************************************************************************************
Thank You One and All, perhaps more will endeavor to add their thoughts. I realize that not everyone believes that there IS a Between Here and There that read the Urantia material. Since we begin the Morontia career at the time that the Mystery Monitor is assigned, then perhaps this is just another aspect of the same gem, only a different facet of the same.

PostPosted:  

Maybe the midwayer's can directly influence us, using these gas chamber's in our inner ear's I could see possible communication happening no.

I would think though that someone would really have to get lucky to find themselves in contact with one of these being's. But I know from the urantia book and my unusual experience's that it can happen. I just know there are so many fraud's out there who claim to have contacted being's like these, and so if anyone truly does have communication with these being's we will never really be able to believe them for sure unless we trusted them deeply.

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

I think it's logical to speculate that the midwayers are instructed not to interfere with our normal evolutionary process as humans unless otherwise commisioned to undertake something like the preparation of Part IV of the UB. It would then be a transgression on the part of an individual midwayer to take initiative on his own to contact any human being. This could be the reason why they are seem "silent".

PostPosted:  

Quote:
Does the Mystery Monitor draw upon unknown types of energy?
Is Personality residual within the ‘Soul’ or loose it’s ‘Tine” or Potential not yet realized?
I must admit I do not understand your comment about “management” so I have no bases of comment upon that comment.
In between state is a human concept, an imagination? By what premise is this drawn as a conclusion?
The Midwayers…fusion…ummm…interesting, perhaps I should speak to Elijah about that fusion process . An interesting conclusion I must admit.
Your reference to the Thought Adjuster (I prefer the use of the term Mystery Monitor) and the Seven Adjutant Spirits and God-conscious(ness) and mind/body producing energy for communion with the Mystery Monitor is something I shall ponder.
I did enjoy your comment: “Human emotion will be left on the planet; however, there are soul reflexes of this emotion which can be activated if you return here during another dispensation.” because emotions is a unique aspect of the living realm. I’m rather curious about ‘soul reflexes’ however, very fascinating way to express a dormant phase. However, I would also take a little umbrage with “…if you return here during another dispensation.” Since I wonder that such a reincarnation is deemed viable considering the amount of other experiences yet to be unfolded in ones life, but a concept that need further review by me to be sure.
I was taken by your dissertation of Adjuster-Soul-Mind in the next paragraph, and I’m well aware of the Mansion World process in relationship to the Monitor and Mind and Soul and the transmissions of same, yet I cannot help to express my eternal gratitude to your effort to express these concepts which elude our finite mind expressions.

Mystery Monitor is pure spirit plus pure energy. It does not need any energy supply.

Personality is an absolute uniqueness. In potential, it may manifest Deity is an absolute unique fashion in the Creation when fused with the Mystery Monitor. Soul is nothing but change surrounding the changeless Monitor fusion with the personality. So soul looses something is literally incorrect for it changes absolutely. This change is always accumulative.

The management of this forum does not allow me to use esoteric knowledge to explain. [True. Management has decided to edit your posts when you begin to stray. -- Larry]

[Paragraph removed.]

It should be emphasized again reincarnation is an incorrect human concept. It should not be used in association with the teachings of the Urantia Papers.

[Two paragraphs removed. See previous post for explanation.]

PostPosted:  

Quote:
You really challenged my concepts and experiential existence to be sure.
So, Energy – Life; Is Life Energy?
Is consciousness dependent upon independent Energy?
Do circuits within this realm enable a kind of consciousness …a energy per se’

Yes, conceptually, energy is alive, but not consciously alive. We usually associate life with consciousness, and perceive anything alive must be conscious. This is not true. A bacteria is not conscious in the way we experience consciousness. Animal can not experience reflective conscious as we have. We do/can not remember our animalistic consciousness. What we can remember are some human, or super-animal conscious experiences. In certain way, when we loose human consciousness, our animal consciousness may still active. Dreams can be considered as activities of lower Adjutants, or animal consciousness. [Sentence removed.]

[Four paragraphs removed. Larry]

There are many circuits in this realm. They supply the necessary energies for the higher beings serve here. In other words there are many levels of super human consciousness here on Urantia. Or you can perceive this as there are many higher consciousnesses exist here. The following are the circuits revealed to us:

Finaliter Communication
Reflectivity Circuit
Mystery Monitor Circuit
Archangles Circuit
Interplanetary Circuits
System Circuits
Constellation Circuits
Creator Son' Spirit of Truth
Creative Spirit's Holy Spirit
Infinite Spirit Mind Circuit
Eternal Son Spirit Circuit
Father's Personality Circuit
Material Gravity Circuit (linear)
Paradise Gravity Circuit

PostPosted:  

YSMAEL wrote:
I think it's logical to speculate that the midwayers are instructed not to interfere with our normal evolutionary process as humans unless otherwise commisioned to undertake something like the preparation of Part IV of the UB. It would then be a transgression on the part of an individual midwayer to take initiative on his own to contact any human being. This could be the reason why they are seem "silent".

Yea, I used to think that communication could only happen under special circumstances like that. However now I hesitate and consider that maybe they can respond to human being's who are able to use this device that adam and eve used. These gas chambers.

Though perhaps they only interfere in situation's that are very very rear like the u.b or in a situation that is really significant.... i duno.... I guess I will leave this one a little open for me because of some of the strange things that have happened to me. I have had some success communicating with angel/midwayer's using these gas chamber's but that is a private story lol.

loveofrightdoing

Last edited by boomshuka on Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:23 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

[]

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Quote:
If you become God-conscious, you will understand that God-consciousness is due to your body and mind produces certain kind of energy enable you to be conscious of the Thought Adjuster working through the seven Adjutant Spirits. It is still not a direct contacting of the Thought Adjuster until you reach the First Circle when the Seven Adjutants finishes their ministry. [The Thought Adjuster doesn't work through the adjutants nor does your connection with them cease until you're a morontia being -- you're giving unsupported opinions. Larry]

Here your reference

Quote:
P.1211 - §6 The seven circles embrace mortal experience extending from the highest purely animal level to the lowest actual contactual morontia level of self-consciousness as a personality experience. The mastery of the first cosmic circle signalizes the attainment of premorontia mortal maturity and marks the termination of the conjoint ministry of the adjutant mind-spirits as an exclusive influence of mind action in the human personality. Beyond the first circle, mind

Before first circle, human mind is exclusively under the influence of the Adjutants. How can the Adjuster works to influence a person without going through the Adjutants? I must admit I was wrong about termination of the ministry of Adjutants during mortal journey. But I do not think I am wrong about the Adjuster working through Adjutants.

PostPosted:  

I must lodge a protest here. If you think something I posted has no reference in the Urantia Papers, please indicate to me and give me a chance to find the reference. If I can not find reference, I will delete the offending part myself.

If you delete without going through this process, you rob me a chance to learn.

Regarding consciousness, here is some references;

Quote:
P.1244 - §5 And herein is revealed the reason why the seraphic guardian eventually becomes the personal custodian of the mind patterns, memory formulas, and soul realities of the mortal survivor during that interval between physical death and morontia resurrection. None but the ministering children of the Infinite Spirit could thus function in behalf of the human creature during this phase of transition from one level of the universe to another and higher level. Even when you engage in your terminal transition slumber, when you pass from time to eternity, a high supernaphim likewise shares the transit with you as the custodian of creature identity and the surety of personal integrity.

Quote:
P.448 - §8 The sending of Adjusters, their indwelling, is indeed one of the unfathomable mysteries of God the Father. These fragments of the divine nature of the Universal Father carry with them the potential of creature immortality. Adjusters are immortal spirits, and union with them confers eternal life upon the soul of the fused mortal.
P.448 - §9 Your own races of surviving mortals belong to this group of the ascending Sons of God. You are now planetary sons, evolutionary creatures derived from the Life Carrier implantations and modified by the Adamic-life infusion, hardly yet ascending sons; but you are indeed sons of ascension potential--even to the highest heights of glory and divinity attainment--and this spiritual status of ascending sonship you may attain by faith and by freewill co-operation with the
P.449 - §0 spiritualizing activities of the indwelling Adjuster. When you and your Adjuster are finally and forever fused, when you two are made one, even as in Christ Michael the Son of God and the Son of Man are one, then in fact have you become the ascending sons of God.
P.449 - §1 The details of the Adjuster career of indwelling ministry on a probationary and evolutionary planet are not a part of my assignment; the elaboration of this great truth embraces your whole career. I include the mention of certain Adjuster functions in order to make a replete statement regarding Adjuster-fused mortals. These indwelling fragments of God are with your order of being from the early days of physical existence through all of the ascending career in Nebadon and Orvonton and on through Havona to Paradise itself. Thereafter, in the eternal adventure, this same Adjuster is one with you and of you.
P.449 - §2 These are the mortals who have been commanded by the Universal Father, "Be you perfect, even as I am perfect." The Father has bestowed himself upon you, placed his own spirit within you; therefore does he demand ultimate perfection of you. The narrative of human ascent from the mortal spheres of time to the divine realms of eternity constitutes an intriguing recital not included in my assignment, but this supernal adventure should be the supreme study of mortal man.
P.449 - §3 Fusion with a fragment of the Universal Father is equivalent to a divine validation of eventual Paradise attainment, and such Adjuster-fused mortals are the only class of human beings who all traverse the Havona circuits and find God on Paradise. To the Adjuster-fused mortal the career of universal service is wide open. What dignity of destiny and glory of attainment await every one of you! Do you fully appreciate what has been done for you? Do you comprehend the grandeur of the heights of eternal achievement which are spread out before you?--even you who now trudge on in the lowly path of life through your so-called "vale of tears"?
8. SON-FUSED MORTALS - P.449
P.449 - §4 While practically all surviving mortals are fused with their Adjusters on one of the mansion worlds or immediately upon their arrival on the higher morontia spheres, there are certain cases of delayed fusion, some not experiencing this final surety of survival until they reach the last educational worlds of the universe headquarters; and a few of these mortal candidates for never-ending life utterly fail to attain identity fusion with their faithful Adjusters.
P.449 - §5 Such mortals have been deemed worthy of survival by the adjudicational authorities, and even their Adjusters, by returning from Divinington, have concurred in their ascension to the mansion worlds. Such beings have ascended through a system, a constellation, and through the educational worlds of the Salvington circuit; they have enjoyed the "seventy times seven" opportunities for fusion and still have been unable to attain oneness with their Adjusters.
P.449 - §6 When it becomes apparent that some synchronizing difficulty is inhibiting Father fusion, the survival referees of the Creator Son are convened. And when this court of inquiry, sanctioned by a personal representative of the Ancients of Days, finally determines that the ascending mortal is not guilty of any discoverable cause for failure to attain fusion, they so certify on the records of the local universe and duly transmit this finding to the Ancients of Days. Thereupon does the indwelling Adjuster return forthwith to Divinington for confirmation
P.450 - §0 by the Personalized Monitors, and upon this leave-taking the morontia mortal is immediately fused with an individualized gift of the spirit of the Creator Son.

P.450 - §1 Much as the morontia spheres of Nebadon are shared with the Spirit-fused mortals, so do these Son-fused creatures share the services of Orvonton with their Adjuster-fused brethren who are journeying inward towards the far-distant Isle of Paradise. They are truly your brethren, and you will greatly enjoy their association as you pass through the training worlds of the superuniverse.
P.450 - §2 Son-fused mortals are not a numerous group, there being less than one million of them in the superuniverse of Orvonton. Aside from residential destiny on Paradise they are in every way the equals of their Adjuster-fused associates. They frequently journey to Paradise on superuniverse assignment but seldom permanently reside there, being, as a class, confined to the superuniverse of their nativity.
9. SPIRIT-FUSED MORTALS - P.450
P.450 - §3 Ascending Spirit-fused mortals are not Third Source personalities; they are included in the Father's personality circuit, but they have fused with individualizations of the premind spirit of the Third Source and Center. Such Spirit fusion never occurs during the span of natural life; it takes place only at the time of mortal reawakening in the morontia existence on the mansion worlds. In the fusion experience there is no overlapping; the will creature is either Spirit fused, Son fused, or Father fused. Those who are Adjuster or Father fused are never Spirit or Son fused.

P.450 - §4 The fact that these types of mortal creatures are not Adjuster-fusion candidates does not prevent the Adjusters from indwelling them during the life in the flesh. Adjusters do work in the minds of such beings during the span of material life but never become everlastingly one with their pupil souls. During this temporary sojourn the Adjusters effectively build up the same spirit counterpart of mortal nature--the soul--that they do in the candidates for Adjuster fusion. Up to the time of mortal death the work of the Adjusters is wholly akin to their function in your own races, but upon mortal dissolution the Adjusters take eternal leave of these Spirit-fusion candidates and, proceeding directly to Divinington, the headquarters of all divine Monitors, there await the new assignments of their order.
P.450 - §5 When such sleeping survivors are repersonalized on the mansion worlds, the place of the departed Adjuster is filled by an individualization of the spirit of the Divine Minister, the representative of the Infinite Spirit in the local universe concerned. This spirit infusion constitutes these surviving creatures Spirit-fused mortals. Such beings are in every way your equals in mind and spirit; and they are indeed your contemporaries, sharing the mansion and morontia spheres in common with your order of fusion candidates and with those who are to be Son fused.

P.450 - §6 There is, however, one particular in which Spirit-fused mortals differ from their ascendant brethren: Mortal memory of human experience on the material worlds of origin survives death in the flesh because the indwelling Adjuster has
P.451 - §0 acquired a spirit counterpart, or transcript, of those events of human life which were of spiritual significance. But with Spirit-fused mortals there exists no such mechanism whereby human memory may persist. The Adjuster transcripts of memory are full and intact, but these acquisitions are experiential possessions of the departed Adjusters and are not available to the creatures of their former indwelling, who therefore awaken in the resurrection halls of the morontia spheres of Nebadon as if they were newly created beings, creatures without consciousness of former existence.
P.451 - §1 Such children of the local universe are enabled to repossess themselves of much of their former human memory experience through having it retold by the associated seraphim and cherubim and by consulting the records of the mortal career filed by the recording angels. This they can do with undoubted assurance because the surviving soul, of experiential origin in the material and mortal life, while having no memory of mortal events, does have a residual experiential-recognition-response to these unremembered events of past experience.
P.451 - §2 When a Spirit-fused mortal is told about the events of the unremembered past experience, there is an immediate response of experiential recognition within the soul (identity) of such a survivor which instantly invests the narrated event with the emotional tinge of reality and with the intellectual quality of fact; and this dual response constitutes the reconstruction, recognition, and validation of an unremembered facet of mortal experience.

P.451 - §3 Even with Adjuster-fusion candidates, only those human experiences which were of spiritual value are common possessions of the surviving mortal and the returning Adjuster and hence are immediately remembered subsequent to mortal survival. Concerning those happenings which were not of spiritual significance, even these Adjuster-fusers must depend upon the attribute of recognition-response in the surviving soul. And since any one event may have a spiritual connotation to one mortal but not to another, it becomes possible for a group of contemporary ascenders from the same planet to pool their store of Adjuster-remembered events and thus to reconstruct any experience which they had in common, and which was of spiritual value in the life of any one of them.

P.451 - §4 While we understand such techniques of memory reconstruction fairly well, we do not grasp the technique of personality recognition. Personalities of one time association mutually respond quite independently of the operation of memory, albeit, memory itself and the techniques of its reconstruction are necessary to invest such mutual personality response with the fullness of recognition.

P.451 - §5 A Spirit-fused survivor is also able to learn much about the life he lived in the flesh by revisiting his nativity world subsequent to the planetary dispensation in which he lived. Such children of Spirit fusion are enabled to enjoy these opportunities for investigating their human careers since they are in general confined to the service of the local universe. They do not share your high and exalted destiny in the Paradise Corps of the Finality; only Adjuster-fused mortals or other especially embraced ascendant beings are mustered into the ranks of those who await the eternal Deity adventure. Spirit-fused mortals are the permanent citizens of the local universes; they may aspire to Paradise destiny, but they cannot be sure of it. In Nebadon their universe home is the eighth group of worlds encircling Salvington, a destiny-heaven of nature and location much like the one envisioned by the planetary traditions of Urantia.

From these, one can extrapolate the memory reconstruction technique used. Revisiting the planet is a method used. The Urantia Papers do not say soul reflex, but residual experiential-recognition-response.

I would like the chance to delete myself if I can not find the reference.

PostPosted:  

Incidentally, are all the postings considered opinions? Why my postings give you (Larry,or the management) the impression I am making the statements of facts? It is unfair I am so treated. If I qualify my postings as my opinions in the beginning, will I not give you the impression of making statements of facts?

There is something fishy here. I guess there is no true Justice in the realm of man. Opinions offending to the management is considered as the poster expressing personal opinions as facts. "Such a life on such a planet". How twisting can human mind be!!!!!