Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:07 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Can God Not Do This?
PostPosted:  

I have always wondered this: According to the Urantia Book, Lucifer ( I believe) was able to use the executioners who terminate your spiritual life when you become unable to follow the Fathers will to kill off people who went against his will. Sorry that I cant quote the exact page. So here is my question: Your in a system that has a rebellion. You get killed in your morontia form because you wont go along with the rebelling entities will. Can the Universal Father not reanimate you? Are you gone forever? I mean, to me, if God can do anything, he should be able to reassemble your spirit. I know that God cannot do the ungodlike thing, but it just seems unfair to me. I know there is no answer to this question. I just wanted to put it out there.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Can God Not Do This?
PostPosted:  

I think there IS an answer to this question, but it's hard to tell by the way the question is postulated. You need to re-read the Lucifer Rebellion Paper again. You said:
Quote:
According to the Urantia Book, Lucifer ( I believe) was able to use the executioners who terminate your spiritual life when you become unable to follow the Fathers will to kill off people who went against his will.
but Lucifer was not able to execute anybody; he had no power to kill people. He never had that kind of power. He had the power to influence people, but Free Will is Free Will. And many beings who followed Lucifer followed him because they were weak willed, not because they were deliberately disloyal. To deny God you have to first know God, and prior to Pentecost most people didn't know God, couldn't know God because he did not indwell them. They were led astray by the Prince of Darkness. They were misled! They were deceived! Father wants all of us to survive, and His magnanimity provides that we should all be given a chance to make an enlightened choice as to whether we want to continue or fall by the wayside. Methinks many of those who were led astray in the Lucifer rebellion will have an opportunity to make another choice.

Profile Send private message