Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:38 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Venice Beach
PostPosted:  

Hey guys, its me again. You know, I heard from a guy on yahoo chat that there were a bunch of Urantians in Venice Beach, CA, who were agressivley announcing the Urantia Book. Isn't that against our ways and the ways of the Foundation?

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Venice Beach
PostPosted:  

HEY NEB!

Sorry, yer name's just a little too long to type and retype.

There is a definite schism in the UB community about the open spreading of the FER. You don’t have to hang out here too long to hear both sides of the story. Some folks feel (very strongly) that the UB is a life changing experience, and is best left within the life which it is changing.

Others feel that mankind is deprived of this message and are constantly scheming on how to share the teachings of the UB with the world. It can get pretty rough when ardent supporters of the two sides cross paths… on the whole, I’d say the TruthBook is pretty well dominated with the former, at the expense of the latter. So if you’re upset about these guys, you’ll have plenty of company here.

This situation reminds me of the story within the UB, about the guy the Apostles came across who was preaching in the name of Jesus. They were all freaked out, and tried to stop him. But the Master told them not to worry about it… that in the ages to come, all kinds of weird and wonderful things would be done in his name.

I’m sure this Venice Beach thing will fire up a percentage of the FER believing population with righteous indignation, but I’m loving it. “Let my people know”, and all that.

Next thing ya know, they’ll be forming a creed…
(or drinking Kool-Aid) :wink:

Al

PostPosted:  

I know some long-term dedicated book readers who have had a ministry at Venice Beach for many years. They give out "spiritual vitamins" which are, simply, tiny strips of paper containing quotations from the Ubook, rolled up into the size of a vitamin capsule, wrapped with a UB blue strip and handed out to passers-by as "spiritual vitamins." Folks snatch them up and stick them in their pocket, only to reach in and pull them out later when in line for the theater, or at a table in a restaurant, or in the bathroom stall, and read them. They're great. And of course these people are more than willing to talk about the Book as well. Outreach is not outlawed or discouraged; it is encouraged, in fact, as long as it is not commercial.

PostPosted:  

Hay I like that idea of handing out little snippets of wisdom from the U.B. cool ty Gerdean.

PostPosted:  

I agree...however the Spirit moves you...and as we well know, either the UB grabs you or it doesn't...yet :wink: I once wanted to run an invitation in the local paper to say something like...Urantia Book readers...lets meet at the beach (designated place and time) and read and get to know one another...

A friend was going to do this with me but never happened...who knows who would show up...still a good idea...I may rethink this...

PostPosted:  

140:9.2 Jesus reviewed many features of the ordination sermon, delivered on this same spot, and then, calling them before him one by one, he commissioned them to go forth in the world as his representatives. The Master’s consecration charge was: “Go into all the world and preach the glad tidings of the kingdom. Liberate spiritual captives, comfort the oppressed, and minister to the afflicted. Freely you have received, freely give.”

no, no publicity is bad publicity. talk about tub anywhere and everywhere possible. it's not going to scare anyone and there's not going to be much response anyway. fear not the master said.

nebadonomega wrote:
Hey guys, its me again. You know, I heard from a guy on yahoo chat that there were a bunch of Urantians in Venice Beach, CA, who were agressivley announcing the Urantia Book. Isn't that against our ways and the ways of the Foundation?