Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:20 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

I like fundamentalists and I believe God loves them too. I think they want only to do what is right, according to the word of God, in obedience to His will, and with faithfulness toward Him.

The Bible sais, "He who would have friends must show himself friendly" There is also a call to the unity of the faith, but there is only one faith. Anything but the one true faith is a misconception, a deception, an imagination, an invention, a false religion, and a lie.

On that note, faith itself is a gift from God, and God can save anyone that comes to Him in faith.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Actually, it is your misconception that there is anything like "there is only one faith". Truly there are as many faiths as faith children. How can you say such? Even the fundamentalists you claim as brethern have many faiths, even institutionalized differences of faith. While there is such a thing as The Truth on an absolute level, no ascender will know such as The Truth until finaliter status. Until then, we each gather truths like nuts dropped in forrests of truth, which we gather one by one in time and over time, by experience we learn truths which change us, enabling more truth and less error as we progress in ascension, transcending today's truth we each must learn and know into greater truths and faith to come.

It is true that faith in God or love (better both) will lead to more of both and this is all that He requires of us here. But it is wrong and it is foolish to believe or say there is but one faith or one truth or one way. Every way leads to Michael's door on the ascender's road, every single, experiential free will way. All paths lead, eventually, to their source....and God is that source and that destiny for all with faith. It is such narrow mindeness for which christians are most famous. I prefer a more thoughtful, kind, patient, forgiving, loving, and merciful God, as presented in the 5th Revelation. The blessing of free will and self determination are not to be undermined by simplistic uniformity of thought or being or becoming. The Supreme experiences all the potential expressions of love and faith by the uniqueness of each soul's experience and growth in ALL faith. Just saying.........

PostPosted:  

Liberatedfaithson wrote:
I like fundamentalists and I believe God loves them
what about his children who live in 3rd worl tribes and have never even heard of jesus or the bible? Are they not loved as much? Will god send them to hell if they remain primitive with only a belief in ghosts?

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

A true fundamentalist Christian will love you. If you love them, listen to them. They want you to be saved. I want you to be saved. God loves you. The true Christian loves his neighbor as himself. And God loves you. The Bible is true.

PostPosted:  

Liberatedfaithson wrote:
Quote:
A true fundamentalist Christian will love you. If you love them, listen to them. They want you to be saved. I want you to be saved. God loves you. The true Christian loves his neighbor as himself. And God loves you. The Bible is true.

Hi Liberatedfaithson,

I believe you, brother. A true Christian will love you, not only fundamentalists Christians. Yes, the true Christian loves his neighbor as himself but observation tells us that not only Christians can love his neighbor as himself. I love you too and I listen to you but you must also understand that I may not agree with everything you say. If you say, only Christians will be saved, I won't accept that. I believe you when you said, God loves me because I know God loves us all, his children. And God is not a respector of person. He loves us all, whether we are Christians or not.
I too have read the bible, and I was once a fundamentalist Christian like you, but my once narrow view of the love of God widened when I came across the UB. It enriched my faith in God and I became more tolerant of other religions and recognized that everyone is a child of God. The UB has complemented and supplemented my knowledge learned from reading the bible. Now, I know who Jesus really is, who Adam and Eve really are, who Melchizedek is, what really happened in the story of the global flood, which all seamlessly agrees with science and history. These are only a few of the innumerable knowledge I derived from reading the UB. Yes, the Bible is true and has been instrumental in getting man closer to God for hundreds and hundreds of years. But the UB is here now in this world in a time when man needs the complementary and supplementary knowledges to stay abreast spiritually with the rapidly increasing secular and scientific knowledge.

Ysmael

PostPosted:  

Be careful not to get along too well with Professed Atheists. While it is one thing to "enjoy the company" of all world-citizens, you have to be mindful of the influence others pay into your habits.

For instance, fundamentalist Christains pray at least 5 times per day, they are concerned for the welfare of others, and genuinely seek the salvation of God's eternal kingdom. When you look at the Atheists, or particular people who call themselves thus, you can see the concern for the welfare of others, but there is lacking the concerted drive towards perfection.

After you spent time with each type of folk ask yourself, how are you different in the beliefs and habits you are holding towards yourself, towards God, or towards your siblings?
We can also look at this issue in terms of Eternal Survival. Who is surviving and ascending along with you in your journey? Is it the folk who say they agree with you? Or a lot of times is it the people whom you clash with, whom are involved with you in a similar struggle. it is not so necessary to "get along with everyone", but I would say IT IS necessary to get along with every soul who seeks eternal salvation.

It is necessary to strive to "Remain Fellows" with all your fundamentalist brothers, whom do long to know the truth as it is presented in the Urantia Papers. I will pray for your continuing courage to present them "the water of life", as you have been called to bring your own gospel, your own personal experiences with God, to both atheists and fundamentalist christians as well as every nation and race.