Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:15 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Fusion Candidate
PostPosted:  

Paper 55 Page 623 When the family, friends, and working group of such a fusion candidate have forgathered in the morontia temple, they are distributed around the central stage whereon the fusion candidates are resting, meantime freely conversing with their assembled friends. A circle of intervening celestial personalities is arranged to protect the material mortals from the action of the energies manifest at the instant of the "life flash" which delivers the ascension candidate from the bonds of material flesh, thereby doing for such an evolutionary mortal everything that natural death does for those who are thereby delivered from the flesh.

When I first read this, I was very much enthused and excited because in the 1990's, I saw my aunt who had departed in 1978. It seemed she had been flashed.

Then I read the below and wondered how the UB could contradict itself in this way. It appears that we go there and have friendly conversations and that when they come here, they are part of the survivors. Are these 2 connected?

Paper 112 Page 1229 Upon death the Thought Adjuster temporarily loses personality, but not identity; the human subject temporarily loses identity, but not personality; on the mansion worlds both reunite in eternal manifestation. Never does a departed Thought Adjuster return to earth as the being of former indwelling; never is personality manifested without the human will; and never does a dis-Adjustered human being after death manifest active identity or in any manner establish communication with the living beings of earth. Such dis-Adjustered souls are wholly and absolutely unconscious during the long or short sleep of death. There can be no exhibition of any sort of personality or ability to engage in communications with other personalities until after completion of survival. Those who go to the mansion worlds are not permitted to send messages back to their loved ones. It is the policy throughout the universes to forbid such communication during the period of a current dispensation.

http://www.marmsweb.com/soul/ub/index.html

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

1:3.7    In the inner experience of man, mind is joined to matter. Such material-linked minds cannot survive mortal death. The technique of survival is embraced in those adjustments of the human will and those transformations in the mortal mind whereby such a God-conscious intellect gradually becomes spirit taught and eventually spirit led. This evolution of the human mind from matter association to spirit union results in the transmutation of the potentially spirit phases of the mortal mind into the morontia realities of the immortal soul. Mortal mind subservient to matter is destined to become increasingly material and consequently to suffer eventual personality extinction; mind yielded to spirit is destined to become increasingly spiritual and ultimately to achieve oneness with the surviving and guiding divine spirit and in this way to attain survival and eternity of personality existence.

Last edited by Bonita on Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:43 am +0000, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I would think that "completion of survival" would be on the Mansion World level, not the finaliter level.
Quote:
P.557 - §9 23. Death added nothing to the intellectual possession or to the spiritual endowment, but it did add to the experiential status the consciousness of survival.
And that takes place when all the pieces are put back together.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Yeah, Gerdean. I think you're right now that I've reread that passage.

Last edited by Bonita on Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:35 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I had a thought, (my wife never likes to hear me say that), but anyhow, maybe it's the Thought Adjusters that do this kind of stuff:

"Since Adjusters can plan, work, and love, they must have powers of selfless which are commensurate with mind. They are possessed of unlimited ability to communicate with each other, that is, all forms of Monitors above the first or virgin groups. As to the nature and purport of their intercommunications, we can reveal very little, for we do not know. And we further know that they must be minded in some manner else they could never be personalized."

"We have often speculated that Thought Adjusters must have volition on all prepersonal levels of choice. They volunteer to indwell human beings, they lay plans for man's eternal career, they adapt, modify, and substitute in accordance with circumstances, and these activities connote genuine volition. They have affection for mortals, they function in universe crises, they are always waiting to act decisively in accordance with human choice, and all these are highly volitional reactions. In all situations not concerned with the domain of the human will, they unquestionably exhibit conduct which betokens the exercise of powers in every sense the equivalent of will, maximated decision."

"Why then, if Thought Adjusters possess volition, are they subservient to the mortal will? We believe it is because Adjuster volition, though absolute in nature, is prepersonal in manifestation. Human will functions on the personality level of universe reality, and throughout the cosmos the impersonal--the nonpersonal, the subpersonal, and the prepersonal--is ever responsive to the will and acts of existent personality".

Could be that the adjuster is responding to our desires when our will is synchronized with the Fathers will. The adjusters are a mystery in many ways to the personalities of the revelators. It sounds like they function as an autonomous group, apart from universe custom's and mandates.

Just a thought........adjuster :wink:

Colter

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Uh huh Colter, two minds but a single thought...... I've pondered on this as well.

Iris

Last edited by Bonita on Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:21 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Colter, I too believe we can connect to one another through the Thought Adjuster....regardless of where the person is.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

This would account for a situation such as this:

I was in a group setting; we were in prayer. At the conclusion of which, we all opened our eyes and mine locked onto the eyes of a woman I had never met before, and I heard myself saying to her, with great depth of feeling, "I have missed you!" I was personally somewhat embarrassed, since I didn't know her from Adam, but she said something cool, about everybody being a friend we hadn't met yet, and so the moment passed, but it was uncanny how convinced some part of me was that we had met before. I have concluded it was my Adjuster greeting her Adjuster, whom it had not seen since leaving Divinington.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Cool story Gerdean. I liked that.

It must be something on the level of the cosmic mind, or the Thought Adjusters, or both.

iris

Last edited by Bonita on Tue May 06, 2008 6:25 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Gerdean...

Good thing you're well-rooted:) Anyone else would have immediately thought they were psychic, a saint...or nuts!

But, come to think about it, that connection between thought adjusters may explain much about that unexplained psychic phenomenon. As Iris described, these are very common occurrences with the majority of people and leave us wondering, and at times...in wonderment.

Kind of a sweet and comforting thought...all this unified care for us.

Jo

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]