Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:48 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Joe Pattin has graduated
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Urantia Family,
I was just called by a young man local to me in Santa Cruz, whose family knew Joe very well. He informed me that he had heard from a family member that Joe Pattin has passed away, apparently by his own hand.

He was so outwardly brave; but what a struggle to deal with so much pain and his handicap.

He'll be in heaven waiting to welcome his friends. Next time you are with fellow Urantians who knew him, lift your glass and salute this wonderful, giving, thoughtful, and most of all inspiring brother.

On his Facebook page, his sister has confirmed his passing, and there is a nice photo of him in his favorite camping place in the desert.
claudia ayers
santa cruz

~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you Claudia -- so sorry to hear this. Joe was a personal and special friend to me and I'm so sorrowed to hear of him going. He was always in a positive frame of mind despite being so handicapped, which must have been doubly difficult for him since he knew so well what awaits just around the corner. Joe, you will be sorely missed... we wish you well.
Blessings Joe. Free at last.
Larry

~~~~~~~~~~~

My prayers go forth for Joe's family as well as all who knew him as a dear friend.
In Light and Love, Ann Whitehead Garner

~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Golden Gate Circle folks,
I'm writing to you because one of our long-time spiritual brothers has moved on to Mansonia.
Joe Pattin, "the guy in the wheelchair", who worked in Silicon Valley for HP, and was an inspiration to so many people, has departed Urantia.
According to what we've been told by his sister, he put his affairs in order, went up into the mountains where he loved to be, and put an end to his earthly existence. Joe made a decision and followed through on it.
This was a man who was the picture of overcoming adversity. When he had his accident that left him unable to use his legs, he worked to be one of those who could drive his own vehicle, carry his efficient wheelchair, and go as though there were no problem.
He read the Urantia Book, and he comprehended the Revelation. He was always an upbeat faith son.
Some of us had the privilege of working closely with Joe in altruistic endeavors that were of benefit to others. He gave of himself in service.
His passing is a moment of sorrow, but in the larger view, a moment of decision and overcoming. He will certainly be missed.
Here's to Joe Pattin, a man on wheels, whose sense of humor, sense of destiny, and sense of the Father's love was strong and real!
Many of us have been blessed to know him.
Sincerely,
Stephen Zendt

~~~~~~~~~~~

Profile Send private message