Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:59 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Teaching children
PostPosted:  

Greetings:

I have had conversations with my wife about teaching the children (my step children) about Jesus and other topics in the UB. I was not sure how to go about this. They have had limited exposure to Chistianity.....that is probably good as I do not have to deal too much with correcting brainwashing over a long period of time (hope I didn't step on any toes).

On Sunday we all decided to walk on the trail near our house and have lunch at a restaurant. We got to talking about things. The mood seemed right to start the tale. I make up stories for them, and they always like to listen, so I asked if they wanted to know the story of Jesus. They were very receptive, especially my (step)son, as he is a little older than his sister. He was very inquisitive, asking questions throughtout my discourse. To make sense of why Jesus came to our Earth, I had to give them a primer on related subjects. I explained to them about God and his universes, Michael of Nebadon/Jesus and why he was bestowed on our Earth. To do this, I had to give them the story of the Lucifer Rebellion, Adam and Eve, primitive man and the evolutionary process, the races and our lack of being upstepped adequately by the Adam and Eve race. I related many of our current day problems to our retarded status due to the rebellion and default.

They were hungry to know, especially my (step)son. Coincidentally, he had gone to Sunday school that morning on a rare occasion with his grandmother, and was taught about Adam and Eve. He was perplexed about the story of the forbidden fruit, the snake and the "fall of man" . It was a pleasure to see the light go on in their heads when learning of a different version. The entire lesson seemed to answer questions for them. Their openness was very encouraging.

They seem to have a clearer idea of who Jesus was and his purpose. I covered MUCH more than I thought I would for the first lesson.....it all just fell into place. Subsequent lessons can include new material and question and answer time. It helps to solidify it in my mind, too.

God Bless,
Trhqst

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

GOOD JOB! :smile: I think one of the most difficult things about the UB, is that its hard to find somewhere to begin. As you said, you need to prepare the listener with a LOT of background info. just to be able to begin talking about Jesus. :idea: Maybe you should put together a Kids book about Jesus...? :wink:

Bro Dave
:smile:

IMperfection... the REAL Gift.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi trthqst,
I was very interested reading what you posted. I also posted something about teaching our kids in the marriage and family life forum here and the responses I got were very interesting. You may also be interested in what was said.
How old are your children?
Mina

Post subject: Teaching Children
PostPosted:  

Mina:

Their ages are 10 and 12.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I have a children's book about jesus, with the UB story. I have no idea where my mother got it, but I know it's been around for at least 15-20 years.

As some of you know I recently joined this forum. I'm a second generation reader, and I was raised on the teachings of the UB. a bit about me... I'm now 24 years old, living in alberta, spending my life as a student.

my favourite stories growing up were of adam and eve, andon and fonta, and Jesus. I loved hearing about the childhood years of jesus. oh and about other planets, and the mansion worlds. I don't remember mine, but I do remember my younger siblings "thought adjuster party" kind of a mini celebration around 5 years old.. my mom rocks!!

I just wanted to say I think it's great having the UB stories taught at such a young age. it creates such a stable spiritual foundation, that has really helped me over the years.

and I'm sure you're kids love the stories, I always did.
ERIN:)

Post subject: Teaching Children
PostPosted:  

Erin:

Your mom really does rock. My father spoke of levels or planes of consciousness that one ascends after their physical death. After reading the UB, I knew he was referring to the mansion worlds. My parents also told me at an early age that I had an Indian spirit guide that he had learned of through his spiritaul communications. My dad suffered much persecution over this gift, as it surfaced in the 1930's....progress and evolution is a slow process.

My upbringing, like yours (and everyone else, for that matter), molded my perspective and attitudes as an adult. My parents never mentioned the UB, but it is obvious that they borrowed from it as much of the content was familiar during my reading.

Would you have the publisher and name of the children's book you referred to? I would be interested in acquiring a copy.

God Bless,
Trthqst

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

A great book about Jesus, written especially for children..."Tales of Joshua" by Bob Slagle. To order copies, phone (707)823-0876, or write to Family Relations Foundation, P.O. Box 462, Sevastopol, CA 95473. The book is based on material presented in The Urantia Book.

Post subject: book
PostPosted:  

YES!!

that's the book!! :)

I have that one. haven't read it in 10-15 years, but as I recall it's awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Rosemary E. and Erin:

I just received "The Tales of Joshua" in the mail and have read half of it to my 10 and 12 year old. We all have thoroughly enjoyed it thus far. What a great service Bob Slagle has done to put this book together.

Thanks for alerting me to it.
Trthqst

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hello All:

My kids came across a local TV broadcast based on the book, "The Tales of Joshua" on Saturday morning on Channel 41 in Las Vegas. That is encouraging to the spreading of the UB teachings. Far out!!

Trthqst

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I was just reading Tales of Joshua this morning with my 3 and 6 year old children. Wonderful to have our own little Sunday service and use the book. Nice to hear it's getting some coverage.

Peace,
Bob

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]