Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:50 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA-L7_bl8Ps

46:4.9 (523.3) Jerusem has great buildings of both material and morontia types, while the embellishment of the purely spiritual zones is no less exquisite and replete. If I only had words to tell you of the morontia counterparts of the marvelous physical equipment of Jerusem! If I could only go on to portray the sublime grandeur and exquisite perfection of the spiritual appointments of this headquarters world! Your most imaginative concept of perfection of beauty and repleteness of appointment would hardly approach these grandeurs. And Jerusem is but the first step on the way to the supernal perfection of Paradise beauty.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted:  

Rich, I notice that you are posting YouTube videos here from your own channel.

It would be better if you will simply post a topic and either ask a question for discussion or post some comments or quotes that you would like to discuss.

Posting a video does not invite discussion with others. I was okay with one or two, but it is becoming a pattern with you. Perhaps one of the Facebook Urantia Book pages would be a more appropriate setting for these videos.

Thank you

PostPosted:  

I think if you made your bed the videos would come off better.

PostPosted:  

mrlucky1x wastes time on trifles.

134:9.7 (1495.4) During this final period of Jesus’ work at the boatshop, he spent most of his time on the interior finishing of some of the larger craft. He took great pains with all his handiwork and seemed to experience the satisfaction of human achievement when he had completed a commendable piece of work. Though he wasted little time upon trifles, he was a painstaking workman when it came to the essentials of any given undertaking.

PostPosted:  

maryjo606 doesn't love me and won't bear with me to the very end of our association in the flesh.

“Thomas, Thomas, how long before you will acquire the ability to listen with the ear of the spirit? How long will it be before you discern that this kingdom is a spiritual kingdom, and that my Father is also a spiritual being? Do you not understand that I am teaching you as spiritual children in the spirit family of heaven, of which the fatherhead is an infinite and eternal spirit? Will you not allow me to use the earth family as an illustration of divine relationships without so literally applying my teaching to material affairs? In your minds cannot you separate the spiritual realities of the kingdom from the material, social, economic, and political problems of the age? When I speak the language of the spirit, why do you insist on translating my meaning into the language of the flesh just because I presume to employ commonplace and literal relationships for purposes of illustration? My children, I implore that you cease to apply the teaching of the kingdom of the spirit to the sordid affairs of slavery, poverty, houses, and lands, and to the material problems of human equity and justice. These temporal matters are the concern of the men of this world, and while in a way they affect all men, you have been called to represent me in the world, even as I represent my Father. You are spiritual ambassadors of a spiritual kingdom, special representatives of the spirit Father. By this time it should be possible for me to instruct you as full-grown men of the spirit kingdom. Must I ever address you only as children? Will you never grow up in spirit perception? Nevertheless, I love you and will bear with you, even to the very end of our association in the flesh. And even then shall my spirit go before you into all the world.”

PostPosted:  

Quote:
maryjo606 doesn't love me and won't bear with me to the very end of our association in the flesh.

Quote:
mrlucky1x wastes time on trifles.

Rich, both mrlucky and I were trying to be helpful to you. You can't expect people to bear with you by using words from The Urantia Book as sarcasm when they respond to your posts. This is not the way to win friends and influence people. Not to mention the fact that your comments have zero to do with the topic as posted.

If you have something in mind for a actual discussion about Jerusem, please post it and wait for a response. Don't expect people to spend half an hour watching a youtube video of you skipping through the book and making comments about what you're reading.

Thanks

PostPosted:  

I would request that the YouTube links be removed from all of Rich's recent posts. None of the topics and text posted seem relevant to the bedroom behavior... kind of creepy really.

What about Jerusem???!!! Is it a topic or not? Is there a question?? What's the point?? Where's this going?

Same with the Paradise journey and Anaxand and the Sermon on the Kingdom! It's all so random. And then abandoned. Seems only to be advertising for some weird bedroom blog. The unmade bed is just one element of the weirdness. Is this suitable for this study group I wonder?

:roll: :?:

PostPosted:  

maryjo606 gives advice. fanofVan has a treetop bedroom.

48:7.16 (556.16) 14. Whet the appetites of your associates for truth; give advice only when it is asked for.

62:3.8 (705.7) As time passed, the natural increase in numbers eventually resulted in serious food competition and sex rivalry, all of which culminated in a series of internecine battles that nearly destroyed the entire species. These struggles continued until only one group of less than one hundred individuals was left alive. But peace once more prevailed, and this lone surviving tribe built anew its treetop bedrooms and once again resumed a normal and semipeaceful existence.

PostPosted:  

Hmmm... well this primate bathes, shaves, combs hair, and makes his bed... treetop or otherwise!

:wink: :biggrin:

So then... nothing more on Jerusem? Not really here to discover or study are you? What then the agenda for posting random text at this study group?

:-s :?:

PostPosted:  

fanofVan says i'm a Perverter of his group.

185:2.10 (1990.5) “We find in the Sanhedrist tribunal that this man is an evildoer and a disturber of our nation in that he is guilty of:

185:2.11 (1990.6) “1. Perverting our nation and stirring up our people to rebellion.

185:2.12 (1990.7) “2. Forbidding the people to pay tribute to Caesar.

185:2.13 (1990.8) “3. Calling himself the king of the Jews and teaching the founding of a new kingdom.”

PostPosted:  

TruthBook is not my group. It is its own community. Happy to be another tadpole here!

So... you compare me to the Sanhedrin? :lol:

Or yourself to Jesus Christ? :? :wink:

Actually, so far, I have only "accused" you of random text posts and topics that seem irrelevant to your similarly disjointed and random YouTube blogs. And of having a motive and agenda that do not include either discovery of the Papers or their study. You have not shown yourself to be any real threat or great evil doer... and I doubt you can pervert the group or purpose here.

My opinion of you is not so grand as you perhaps imagine. And, perhaps, I find you not so ominous or threatening as you apparently perceive and presume.

Now who chooses trifles over substance?

And still nothing more on the topic(s) you began here?? Waiting for relevancy... :?: :idea:

Rich... please do not respond/reply further except to begin a discussion on the topic and text you opened with here.

46:4.9 (523.3) Jerusem has great buildings of both material and morontia types, while the embellishment of the purely spiritual zones is no less exquisite and replete. If I only had words to tell you of the morontia counterparts of the marvelous physical equipment of Jerusem! If I could only go on to portray the sublime grandeur and exquisite perfection of the spiritual appointments of this headquarters world! Your most imaginative concept of perfection of beauty and repleteness of appointment would hardly approach these grandeurs. And Jerusem is but the first step on the way to the supernal perfection of Paradise beauty.

:?: :?: :D

PostPosted:  

fanofVan says my brain is not grossly diseased.

151:6.4 (1696.2) When Amos recognized Jesus, he fell down at his feet and exclaimed: “I know you, Jesus, but I am possessed of many devils, and I beseech that you will not torment me.” This man truly believed that his periodic mental affliction was due to the fact that, at such times, evil or unclean spirits entered into him and dominated his mind and body. His troubles were mostly emotional—his brain was not grossly diseased.

PostPosted:  

rich.sachs wrote:
fanofVan says my brain is not grossly diseased.

151:6.4 (1696.2) When Amos recognized Jesus, he fell down at his feet and exclaimed: “I know you, Jesus, but I am possessed of many devils, and I beseech that you will not torment me.” This man truly believed that his periodic mental affliction was due to the fact that, at such times, evil or unclean spirits entered into him and dominated his mind and body. His troubles were mostly emotional—his brain was not grossly diseased.

I did not say that. I said you are no threat to me or the community here.

:biggrin:

Done here...until relevancy and sincerity appear!

:-$ :-# =;

Last edited by fanofVan on Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:48 pm +0000, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted:  

This kind of back and forth that is going on now is pointless.

Rich I think you misunderstand the use of Urantia Book quotes on this forum. Quotes from The Urantia Book are to be used to help illuminate the topic at hand - in this case, Jerusem.

Please get to the topic - you've been asked a few times now. Nobody is trying to hurt you or accuse you. You are wekcome here, but please get to the topic that you raised.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan fanofVan when did I teach you that you should all see alike?

“James, James, when did I teach you that you should all see alike? I have come into the world to proclaim spiritual liberty to the end that mortals may be empowered to live individual lives of originality and freedom before God. I do not desire that social harmony and fraternal peace shall be purchased by the sacrifice of free personality and spiritual originality. What I require of you, my apostles, is spirit unity—and that you can experience in the joy of your united dedication to the wholehearted doing of the will of my Father in heaven. You do not have to see alike or feel alike or even think alike in order spiritually to be alike. Spiritual unity is derived from the consciousness that each of you is indwelt, and increasingly dominated, by the spirit gift of the heavenly Father. Your apostolic harmony must grow out of the fact that the spirit hope of each of you is identical in origin, nature, and destiny.

141:5.2 (1591.7) “In this way you may experience a perfected unity of spirit purpose and spirit understanding growing out of the mutual consciousness of the identity of each of your indwelling Paradise spirits; and you may enjoy all of this profound spiritual unity in the very face of the utmost diversity of your individual attitudes of intellectual thinking, temperamental feeling, and social conduct. Your personalities may be refreshingly diverse and markedly different, while your spiritual natures and spirit fruits of divine worship and brotherly love may be so unified that all who behold your lives will of a surety take cognizance of this spirit identity and soul unity; they will recognize that you have been with me and have thereby learned, and acceptably, how to do the will of the Father in heaven. You can achieve the unity of the service of God even while you render such service in accordance with the technique of your own original endowments of mind, body, and soul.

141:5.3 (1592.1) “Your spirit unity implies two things, which always will be found to harmonize in the lives of individual believers: First, you are possessed with a common motive for life service; you all desire above everything to do the will of the Father in heaven. Second, you all have a common goal of existence; you all purpose to find the Father in heaven, thereby proving to the universe that you have become like him.”

i never asked maryjo606 for advice.

141:7.12 (1594.6) The apostles were beginning to recognize the unaffected friendliness of Jesus. Though the Master was easy of approach, he always lived independent of, and above, all human beings. Not for one moment was he ever dominated by any purely mortal influence or subject to frail human judgment. He paid no attention to public opinion, and he was uninfluenced by praise. He seldom paused to correct misunderstandings or to resent misrepresentation. He never asked any man for advice; he never made requests for prayers.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next