Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:36 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

I believe it is. In The Matrix the red pill is the true reality.

The Urantia Book pulls us out of the darnkess of the earth, the limited, temporal planet scourged by rebellion, quarantined and isolated, on the outer rungs of the grand universe.

People who know about this book now know the truth about existence. Jesus has called us out of this world and we are now citizens of the heavenly kingdom; we are of a more enduring reality, the better one.

Most red pillers also love liberty, freedom of ideas and understand their inherent dignity comes from God. Urantians also know the true meaning of the Most Highs who rule in the kingdoms of men.

We also understand the magnitude and scope of Jesus’ mission, he was, as one might say, from the factory, and he came here to free us from not only temporal authority, but from ourselves and our mortal bad habits, to seek a higher and more fulfilling service, doing the father’s will.

Blue-pillers are the atheists, the humanists, the woke who trash tradition and want anarchy and big government control of people through a marxist, godless regime.

Not to get political, but my point is the red pill, if it is the symbol of truth, is what a fifth epochal revelation really is: a glimpse of what is the bigger picture.

Jesus was a red pill, Adam and Eve, Melchizedek also.

Am I off base here?

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Jim,

Are you way off base here? Of course you are, but you are on the right track. If your inner spiritual guidance is allowing you to form allusions to the truth He is attempting to enable you to comprehend, go with it. But be careful to keep your deep and personal conclusions real. Reality is like reality no matter how we say it, how we understand it, or how we perceive ourselves as we experience it.

The Kingdom of God is within you. Red pill, blue pill or no pill, the reality is available to the will which seeks to experience God. Let the experience of discovery within become the truth (pill) you choose to follow.

I only watched the first Matrix movie once many years ago and chose not to use it to help God guide me, so I don't know much of your explanation, but I do know God will guide us through every means we offer him to use, that is, if we truly offer ourselves to the task.

Press on.

Jim

PostPosted:  

Hello jwatkins00,

Quote:
Am I off base here?

Maybe somewhat, since this reference to a movie in pop culture might escape a lot of people - me included. I have never seen The Matrix. But I may be in the minority here.

But I agree in essence with what you have written about the revelation. I would remind you, though, that Jesus was not a fan of religious tradition, although I certainly would never lump him in with atheists and humanists and the others that you list there as "blue-pillers." He always left us with something superior and positive in place of the tradition that was crystallized and unprogressive.

In the case of religious tradition, for example, he gave us his religion of personal spirtual experience.

https://truthbook.com/urantia/topical-studies/the-religion-of-jesus

In the place of blind acceptance of "inerrant" scripture, he taught us to favor the positive, while minimizing those parts that do not foster the loving nature of the heavenly Father.

https://truthbook.com/urantia-book/pape ... r#U159_5_1

Thanks for posting...

PostPosted:  

A very interesting analogy and parallel (pun intended).

Of course all analogies fail under analysis and sufficient scrutiny I think.

For example: The UB teaches that true reality is wondrous and beautiful and friendly and happy. Unreality is actually sad and chaotic and filled with dread and suffering...the opposite of the film.

For those unfamiliar with the Matrix...

From Wiki:

"In The Matrix, the main character Neo is offered the choice between a red pill and a blue pill by rebel leader Morpheus. The red pill represents an uncertain future—it would free him from the enslaving control of the machine-generated dream world and allow him to escape into the real world, but living the "truth of reality" is harsher and more difficult. On the other hand, the blue pill represents a beautiful prison—it would lead him back to ignorance, living in confined comfort without want or fear within the simulated reality of the Matrix. As described by Morpheus: "You take the blue pill...the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill...you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes." Neo chooses the red pill and joins the rebellion.

Reality, subjectivity and religionEdit

The Matrix (1999), directed by the Wachowskis, makes references to historical myths and philosophy, including gnosticism, existentialism, and nihilism.[1][2] The film's premise resembles Plato's Allegory of the Cave,[3][4] Zhuangzi's "Zhuangzi dreamed he was a butterfly", René Descartes's skepticism[5][6] and evil demon, Kant's reflections on the Phenomenon versus the Ding an sich, Robert Nozick's "experience machine",[7] the concept of a simulated reality and the brain in a vat thought experiment.[8][9] The Matrix very clearly references Alice in Wonderland with the "white rabbit" and the "down the rabbit hole" phrases, as well as referring to Neo's path of discovery as "Wonderland".

Japanese director Mamoru Oshii's anime film adaptation of Masamune Shirow's Ghost in the Shell was a strong influence.[10]

In The Matrix, Neo (Keanu Reeves) hears rumors of the Matrix and a mysterious man named Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne). Neo spends his nights at his home computer trying to discover the secret of the Matrix and what the Matrix is. Eventually, another hacker, Trinity (Carrie-Anne Moss), introduces Neo to Morpheus.

Morpheus explains to Neo that the Matrix is an illusory world created to prevent humans from discovering that they are slaves to an external influence. Holding out a capsule on each of his palms, he describes the choice facing Neo:

This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember: all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

As narrated, the blue pill will allow the subject to remain in the fabricated reality of the Matrix; the red serves as a "location device" to locate the subject's body in the real world and to prepare them to be "unplugged" from the Matrix. Once one chooses the red or blue pill, the choice is irrevocable.

Neo takes the red pill and awakens in the real world, where he is forcibly ejected from the liquid-filled chamber in which he has been lying unconscious. After his rescue and convalescence aboard Morpheus's ship, Morpheus shows him the true nature of the Matrix: a detailed computer simulation of Earth at the end of the 20th century (the actual year, though not known for sure, is suggested within the original movie to be approximately 200 years later, though it is revealed through sequels The Matrix Reloaded, The Matrix Revolutions and The Animatrix that at least 700 years have passed). It has been created to keep the minds of humans docile while their bodies are stored in massive power plants, their body heat and bioelectricity consumed as power by the sentient machines that have enslaved them."

Last edited by fanofVan on Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:00 pm +0000, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted:  

well i've not seen the movie but the only dualistic ub parallel that comes to mind is the statement regarding there being just two types of religion on the planet...a religion of authority and a religion of the spirit. the religions of authority tend to divide men and spread fear and religions of the spirit tend toward tolerance and unity of spiritual goals...

PostPosted:  

Sorry, but The Matrix is a slick and stylish fantasy, without soul, that has nothing to compare with the UB. I'm not saying it's a bad film, just a bad analogy.

Where in the film is God? Where is brotherly love? The filmmakers can make a hit techno-samurai fantasy world, but saying something about God won't sell too many tickets.

PostPosted:  

I think I lost everyone on the question. My apologize.

The point I was trying to make is that you can give people the truth and they still won't believe it if it means they have to readjust their viewpoint.

Here we are with all this craziness going on and we have this wonderful revelation and yet people still refuse to look.