Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:57 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

I really do not know how to communicate my spiritual challenge which face here in Nigeria. I travel through varying crossroad of different christian sects in search of truth that shall make me free before my encounter with UB and this discovery has led me into a serious self-evaluation of my faith and the steadfastness such as: am i ready to go on a lone journey? am ready to face the despites? do i have the boldness to face the criticisms? am i ready to have a one-man fellowship? These were a few of those personal questions that sat in my mind for some years now and i am finally been giv3n a compass to arrive to a safe haven of better fellowship with those of the same faith and belief as me. I really am tired and puffed up by the many unbelievable doctrines and preconceived ideals of christianity and the so many endtime christian sects that believed that they are the chosen ones for the rapture and they believed they bear the 'truth that can give a one rapturing faith for the supposed soon to occur rapture' I literally found myself in this sect of believers believing they are way better than their contemporaries but i later found they are no more than the other sects. what should i do in this kind of situation? should i continue the fellowship with my brothers from the christian faith ? I need your individual advise.....

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

There are many UB readers emerging in Uganda, and other African nations, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Senegal, Cameroon, S. Africa, and others locales. They are Facebook friends, I know three who are organizing readers. No need to be alone. Look me up there, will connect you.

PostPosted:  

Thanks Rich...... I would be glad to connect with my fellow UB readers within the continent...
my facebook id: @James Curtis

PostPosted:  

Kurutsi wrote:
Thanks Rich...... I would be glad to connect with my fellow UB readers within the continent...

Hope we can connect, but there are thousands who share your name and my name. Maybe we can go a different route. Search on facebook for an African reader/coordinator with a unique name: Collins Lomo.

PostPosted:  

Welcome Kurutsi !!!!

You describe a difficult problem for us all really. We all know those, and are in many cases related to those, who have a very specific set of beliefs established by creeds, doctrines, ceremonies, beliefs, and perspective which are obviously false and primitive and superstitious by the standards of universe reality we find in the UB.

Remember though that the Jesusonian Gospel can be found within the Bible. So our primitive Christian cousins can be led to higher truths by their own religion and holy book! Also remember that it is faith and not the accuracy of one's beliefs that truly give birth to soul and grow soul. The inner life is connected to God and the Spirit within for all people...no matter their beliefs or disbeliefs. So our Christian cousins are having a religious experience which provides for common ground.

We are advised in the UB that association with other believers/religionists is good for us. We are to seek that which we share and not focus so much on that which is different in our beliefs. Our ability to discuss our source and destiny and the inner life and the personal relationship of each of us to God and the resulting family of believers offers a great beginning point with such folks.

It is not important that we UB readers convince anyone else of the validity of our own beliefs and perspective. There is no call to convert others to our own beliefs in the UB. Evangelism by UB students can simply be focused on the Jesusonian Gospel itself - the paternal relationship of love and affection and mercy and patience and forgiveness and love one another as in the Good Samaritan!

It is sad that so many Christians believe in an angry god who demands innocent blood and who fear eternal damnation!! This is so Judaic and Paulinian in origin and so primitively contrary to the Jesusonian Gospel and Good News!!! Thus are we so blessed as UB students compared to the fear and anxiety so many of our Christian cousins suffer from. Forgive them. Be merciful and kind to them. No matter how badly they may treat you.

Simply live like you are on your way to Paradise, joyfully and thankfully. They must deal with their own demons and fears. But you may be fearless and confident! What a blessing!!

Welcome and peace be unto you in this friendly universe!

Bradly

PostPosted:  

rick warren wrote:
Kurutsi wrote:

Hope we can connect, but there are thousands who share your name and my name. Maybe we can go a different route. Search on facebook for an African reader/coordinator with a unique name: Collins Lomo.

PS Kurutsi. There's another way to connect with UB students everywhere, this links you to the Study Group Directory:

https://urantia-association.org/find-a-study-group/

Also, Urantia University Institute holds daily ZOOM study sessions. Go to: https://www.urantiauniversity.org

PostPosted:  

Hope you can find your way. I think, in my opinion, we should not segregate. That is what cults do and exclusivist religions like Christianity, Judaism and so on. The only purpose of the UB is to expand our cosmic mind and for the salvation of our soul. It is good to communicate what we believe to other people but I do not feel the need of gathering with people of same beliefs and I never met in person someone who was a reader of the UB. I am from Europe.