Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:38 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Hi

I just read this news https://www.haaretz.com/archaeology/.pr ... -1.5992072

Unfortunately i cannot read the full article anyone knows where can i read more?

Once again the UB is right :smile: Paper 96

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Lots to read here:

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8& ... r+smithing

And wiki on the Kenites:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenites

According to the Hebrew Bible, the Kenites (/ˈkiːnaɪt/; Hebrew: קינים Qînîm, Hebrew pronunciation: [kiˈnim]) were a nomadic tribe in the ancient Levant. The Kenites were coppersmiths and metalworkers.[1] They played an important role in the history of ancient Israel. One of the most recognized Kenites is Jethro, Moses' father-in-law, who was a shepherd and a priest in the land of Midian. Judges 1:16 says that Moses had a father-in-law who was a Kenite, but it is not clear from the passage if this refers to Jethro. Certain groups of Kenites settled among the Israelite population, including the descendants of Moses' brother-in-law,[2] although the Kenites descended from Rechab maintained a distinct, nomadic lifestyle for some time.

Kenite is a rendition of Hebrew קֵינִי Qeyniy. According to Gesenius, the name is derived from the name Cain (קַיִן Qayin).[3] According to A. H. Sayce, the name ‘Kenite’ or Qéní, is identical to an Aramaic word meaning a smith, which in its turn is a cognate of Hebrew Qayin, with the meaning ‘a lance’.[4]

The Bible mentions the Kenites as living in or around Canaan as early as the time of Abraham. (Genesis 15:18-21) At the Exodus, Jethro and his clan inhabited the vicinity of Mount Sinai and Horeb.

93:10.3 (1024.5) Machiventa Melchizedek continued to take a great interest in the affairs of the descendants of those men who had believed in his teachings when he was in the flesh. But the progeny of Abraham through Isaac as intermarried with the Kenites were the only line which long continued to nourish any clear concept of the Salem teachings.

96:0.2 (1052.2) The Salem religion was revered as a tradition by the Kenites and several other Canaanite tribes. And this was one of the purposes of Melchizedek’s incarnation: That a religion of one God should be so fostered as to prepare the way for the earth bestowal of a Son of that one God. Michael could hardly come to Urantia until there existed a people believing in the Universal Father among whom he could appear.

96:0.3 (1052.3) The Salem religion persisted among the Kenites in Palestine as their creed, and this religion as it was later adopted by the Hebrews was influenced, first, by Egyptian moral teachings; later, by Babylonian theologic thought; and lastly, by Iranian conceptions of good and evil. Factually the Hebrew religion is predicated upon the covenant between Abraham and Machiventa Melchizedek, evolutionally it is the outgrowth of many unique situational circumstances, but culturally it has borrowed freely from the religion, morality, and philosophy of the entire Levant. It is through the Hebrew religion that much of the morality and religious thought of Egypt, Mesopotamia, and Iran was transmitted to the Occidental peoples.

2. Judaism

131:2.1 (1444.1) The Kenites of Palestine salvaged much of the teaching of Melchizedek, and from these records, as preserved and modified by the Jews, Jesus and Ganid made the following selection:

131:2.2 (1444.2) “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth and all things therein.....

8) :idea:

PostPosted:  

Thank you for the information!

I will research this so far :) This is a great place to grow. I am learning a lot with the UB. I've learned more in 6 months than in 12 years I spent on a church.

PostPosted:  

[quote="ketsune23"

Unfortunately i cannot read the full article[/quote]

it's been archived here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20200714064 ... -1.5992072