Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:03 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: COVID 19 AND THE UB
PostPosted:  

I am wondering if there are any virologists among us who can tell me whether or not the Urantia Book might be able to help us solve the COVID19 problem with these two passages. Does knowing that Bacteria derives from the vegetable lingdom aid us in trying to find a cure?

65:2.3 The bacteria, simple vegetable organisms of a very primitive nature, are very little changed from the early dawn of life; they even exhibit a degree of retrogression in their parasitic behavior. Many of the fungi also represent a retrograde movement in evolution, being plants which have lost their chlorophyll-making ability and have become more or less parasitic. The majority of disease-causing bacteria and their auxiliary virus bodies really belong to this group of renegade parasitic fungi. During the intervening ages all of the vast kingdom of plant life has evolved from ancestors from which the bacteria have also descended.

(65:5:2)
But throughout all of this biologic adventure our greatest disappointment grew out of the reversion of certain primitive plant life to the prechlorophyll levels of parasitic bacteria on such an extensive and unexpected scale. This eventuality in plant-life evolution caused many distressful diseases in the higher mammals, particularly in the more vulnerable human species. When we were confronted with this perplexing situation, we somewhat discounted the difficulties involved because we knew that the subsequent admixture of the Adamic life plasm would so reinforce the resisting powers of the resulting blended race as to make it practically immune to all diseases produced by the vegetable type of organism.

And there is this from Nature.com which seeks to explain the origin of virus, but is not very accurate when compared to the UB passages:

Where Did Viruses Come From?:
https://www.nature.com/scitable/topicpa ... -14398218/

There is much debate among virologists about this question. Three main hypotheses have been articulated: 1. The progressive, or escape, hypothesis states that viruses arose from genetic elements that gained the ability to move between cells; 2. the regressive, or reduction, hypothesis asserts that viruses are remnants of cellular organisms; and 3. the virus-first hypothesis states that viruses predate or coevolved with their current cellular hosts.

Note than none of these explanations point to a vegetable form-of-life origin.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: COVID 19 AND THE UB
PostPosted:  

I also read this a little while ago (after doing a word-search for "virus"), and was struck by the statement "The majority of disease-causing bacteria and their auxiliary virus bodies...".
I then did some googling about viruses and other exosomes. There are millions of them.
There's a lot that modern medicine doesn't understand about these.
I think there is a dangerous degree of hubris behind the present-day push for "the saving vaccine".

Profile Send private message