Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:37 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Do you think science should attempt to recover and restore the "Adamic life plasm?"

Attachment:
ADAMIC PLASM.png
ADAMIC PLASM.png [ 148.31 KiB | Viewed 3250 times ]

Quote source/more:
https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/paper-52-planetary-mortal-epochs#U52_3_6

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Hahaha....that's like asking if we think the sun should rise or spring should come. It is an inevitability and it is expected. Our bio upliftment is not complete but, we are told, we have all the violet blood we will receive. It is up to science now to cure disease and lengthen life to the norms of 2-4 centuries as we progress through the mortal epochs to increase the fusion/translation ratios over time.

Consider how important longevity is to the Mortal Epochs and social progress by mortal experiential wisdom!!! Age, experience, and wisdom are very connected. Longevity will profoundly affect planetary progress.

76:4.7 (851.5) The body cells of the Material Sons and their progeny are far more resistant to disease than are those of the evolutionary beings indigenous to the planet. The body cells of the native races are akin to the living disease-producing microscopic and ultramicroscopic organisms of the realm. These facts explain why the Urantia peoples must do so much by way of scientific effort to withstand so many physical disorders. You would be far more disease resistant if your races carried more of the Adamic life.

PostPosted:  

This issue is incumbent upon the theory that even though the Violet People gradually or eventually become intermixed with the evolutionary peoples of Urantia. In this notion of Andite, i.e. < 6.25% Violet inheritance, the theory is that there are many, many blends of Andite on Urantia, and perhaps each different Andite tribe/nation has a "different set" within the whole Genome.

But maybe the whole Violet Genome is more difficult to reassemble, if there are more descendents of Adam than there are of Eve. And perhaps some portion of the Material Sons of Jerusem had been attenuated in their son & daughter, and some % has been lost when one of the branches of the family tree died.

I find that idea, to reamalgamate. But even in this day, I am not going to say "Adam is better than Cano". No way! The Violet Race does not evolve, and I would say, you are indeed being very avaricious to crave or to wish you were more Adamlike in a strict, physical sense.

My pride and my heart leans towards the worthiness of the original Andon, Sonta an and Sonta en. If they are not better than Adam & Eve, they are equal as will creatures. The unqualified questions of their potential, to me, is more than your proposal, to "reassemble the Adamic genome" via genomic science or wise marriaging. The Andonic-type is really better, it is a truer course; but the Authors have rightly convinced me to fear genetic retrogression, and if I need the purely eventuated lifeplasm, I will be happy to accept that, only inasmuch as is necessary for my soul's progress. I have found, in my own admiration for the Material Sons, my own love and appreciation for my own flesh & blood.

The Sangik people evolved out of the Andonic type! Which is more, to have already the perfected pattern of physical life. It is not as important as to keep every tribe alive and to encourage the fullness of evolutionary potentiations. It is not as important to revive the Adamic genome, as it is that Andonic peoples love and appreciate their own families the same way as the Material Sons do on Jerusem.

Am I inferring correctly, Rick? That you are encouraging scientists to "cut out all the Adamic genes", and then to produce a zygote with America's "best guess" containing the hypothetical genome of Adam & Eve?? From a moral or ethical perspective, I will never authorize that! if they did that, they would be trying to cut out evolution from the picture, and all of the questions in the unqualified absolute, of what that final representation would have been. A will creature does not need to be Adamic, or Andonic, just SENTIENT - capable of garnering wisdom! Pre-perfect potentials are already too-satisfying, "an easy answer" that excludes eventuational potentials of the naturally-evolved Urantian genome! We should be content to try to preserve "the range and the entirety of our world's current genetic potentials", instead of mashing the set of "best-known potential" into a box and saying, blindly (a post-potential tautology), "here is our Adamus Urantis primus"... I will always root for the underdog in this consideration.

PostPosted:  

No Stephen...you are not "inferring correctly". The question is whether science should pursue genetic research and engineering to reduce disease and extend life expectancy....both very desirable outcomes related to planetary progress in the Mortal Epochs as well as personal experiential wisdom potential and circle progress potentials and outcomes by extending life to 200-300 years. These are the very goals of the violet blood infusion and amalgamation strategy and epochal/dispensational ministry of the Material Son and Daughter on each material, evolutionary world.

To claim the indigenous blood of the Andonites or the Sangiks is equal to violet genes is yet another direct contradiction of the Papers in so many ways. Sigh.... Neither the Andonites or the Sangiks perfected life or any pattern of physical life...another complete misrepresentation. Just not true at all.

All will creatures are equal as will creatures if you mean to say that all personalities endowed with freewill enjoy equal affection of God....God is no respecter of persons or classes of one being over other beings....all are cherished and loved individually equally....this is true. But it is not true that all genetics are equal. This is the very purpose of the Material Sons and Daughters and the infusion of violet blood with indigenous stock...it is a biological upliftment and contribution of improvement to all worlds including this one!! To say otherwise is to dismiss the purpose, meaning, and value of the Adamic genetic contribution!! The Garden pair do also enhance and improve the cultural influences and upgrade civilization in many ways in addition to the genetic/bio upliftment....but to dismiss the one is a gross misrepresentation.

Indeed, our world does not really enjoy the cultural benefits and contributions we might have enjoyed by 35,000 years of an established center of world culture....but we are told we received enough violet blood to consider that function completed and successful!!

However....we are also told that it is up to science and technology to further uplift our biological and genetic results to extend life and reduce disease. Did you not read the quote posted Stephen?? Such progress IS evolutionary...it is enhancing the genome of humanity to reinforce the admixture and effects of the Adamic contribution already made by identifying that within each being and reproducing it in each child. It is not monstrous or wrong....it is inevitable and absolutely the correct path forward. Which is not to say it will happen without error and even sin and some unintended consequences. But this is not designer children of selecting height, hair color, eye color, skin color, sex, intellect, etc. Racial amalgamation is desirable and so is the distribution of violet blood to all peoples.

The violet genome will not ever be "reassembled" or duplicated. But the traits inherent in that genome are already available for medical science to isolate and enhance or replicate and also can science learn to isolate and eliminate negative traits and genes which cause disease, disorders, bio/cellular decay by oxidation, etc., and other recessive traits which cause physical suffering and premature death. Life expectancy is going to reach 200-300 years we are told. It's up to science to make that happen...the UB is clear that we will NOT receive more Adamic blood even if we may enjoy another cultural center and ministry by the Material Son and Daughter.

8) Bradly

PostPosted:  

51:5.6 (586.3) When this strain of the Material Sons is added to the evolving races of the worlds, a new and greater era of evolutionary progress is initiated. Following this procreative outpouring of imported ability and superevolutionary traits there ensues a succession of rapid strides in civilization and racial development; in one hundred thousand years more progress is made than in a million years of former struggle. On your world, even in the face of the miscarriage of the ordained plans, great progress has been made since the gift to your peoples of Adam’s life plasm. *

75:8.1 (845.8) Adam and Eve did fall from their high estate of material sonship down to the lowly status of mortal man. But that was not the fall of man. The human race has been uplifted despite the immediate consequences of the Adamic default. Although the divine plan of giving the violet race to the Urantia peoples miscarried, the mortal races have profited enormously from the limited contribution which Adam and his descendants made to the Urantia races.

75:8.2 (846.1) There has been no “fall of man.” The history of the human race is one of progressive evolution, and the Adamic bestowal left the world peoples greatly improved over their previous biologic condition. The more superior stocks of Urantia now contain inheritance factors derived from as many as four separate sources: Andonite, Sangik, Nodite, and Adamic.

75:8.3 (846.2) Adam should not be regarded as the cause of a curse on the human race. While he did fail in carrying forward the divine plan, while he did transgress his covenant with Deity, while he and his mate were most certainly degraded in creature status, notwithstanding all this, their contribution to the human race did much to advance civilization on Urantia.

81:0.1 (900.1) REGARDLESS of the ups and downs of the miscarriage of the plans for world betterment projected in the missions of Caligastia and Adam, the basic organic evolution of the human species continued to carry the races forward in the scale of human progress and racial development. Evolution can be delayed but it cannot be stopped.

81:0.2 (900.2) The influence of the violet race, though in numbers smaller than had been planned, produced an advance in civilization which, since the days of Adam, has far exceeded the progress of mankind throughout its entire previous existence of almost a million years.

81:5.1 (905.6) Biologic evolution and cultural civilization are not necessarily correlated; organic evolution in any age may proceed unhindered in the very midst of cultural decadence. But when lengthy periods of human history are surveyed, it will be observed that eventually evolution and culture become related as cause and effect. Evolution may advance in the absence of culture, but cultural civilization does not flourish without an adequate background of antecedent racial progression. Adam and Eve introduced no art of civilization foreign to the progress of human society, but the Adamic blood did augment the inherent ability of the races and did accelerate the pace of economic development and industrial progression. Adam’s bestowal improved the brain power of the races, thereby greatly hastening the processes of natural evolution.

81:5.2 (905.7) Through agriculture, animal domestication, and improved architecture, mankind gradually escaped the worst of the incessant struggle to live and began to cast about to find wherewith to sweeten the process of living; and this was the beginning of the striving for higher and ever higher standards of material comfort. Through manufacture and industry man is gradually augmenting the pleasure content of mortal life.

:biggrin:

PostPosted:  

rick warren wrote:

Do you think science should attempt to recover and restore the "Adamic life plasm?"

Attachment:
ADAMIC PLASM.png

Quote source/more:
https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/paper-52-planetary-mortal-epochs#U52_3_6

No not yet. It would be to dangerous. Selectively impregnating the highest strains of Adamic-like people would bring back memories of WW2. IMO we need to be patient and wait on this one, it will happen though. My guess is that China may be the pioneers in this field. They are immune to the mind virus called “racism”

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

boomshuka wrote:
rick warren wrote:

Attachment:
ADAMIC PLASM.png

Quote source/more:

No not yet. It would be to dangerous. Selectively impregnating the highest strains of Adamic-like people would bring back memories of WW2. IMO we need to be patient and wait on this one, it will happen though. My guess is that China may be the pioneers in this field. They are immune to the mind virus called “racism”

Greetings Boom!! It's been 5 years since you posted here last.

I can only hope you are being totally facetious here. Otherwise....it would seem you've been drinking someone's Kool-Aid. This post sounds so very out of character for you. I wonder if your identity here has been hacked? Over 2000 prior posts never sounded anything at all like this one.

Weird.

The Chinese people are some of the most racist people on earth. This has a long cultural tradition but is also both a modern and contemporary cultural reality. This racism is readily perceived in-country by various cultures and people on the edges and far removed from eastern China, especially against the western cultures but also those of SE Asia. It is quite apparent in Africa and imposed upon blacks who have migrated to China in recent decades. The Chinese are and have been victims of Euro/American racism certainly. But it is completely false to suggest or claim the Chinese are not themselves racist....they certainly are.

Racism may be a symptom of the mind poison of fear (and its cousins anger, hate, blame, etc.) but there is no UB context for "mind virus"...a rather odd and inaccurate choice of words for you.

Your (or boomshuka's) UB scholarship has been well demonstrated here for a long, long time. No imposter will go unexposed for long.

Either way....best wishes to our old friend boomshuka!

A link to the historical record of his posts here at TruthBook:

search.php?author_id=1206&sr=posts

Last edited by fanofVan on Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:18 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
boomshuka wrote:
rick warren wrote:

Attachment:
ADAMIC PLASM.png

Quote source/more:

Greetings Boom!! It's been 5 years since you posted here last.

I can only hope you are being totally facetious here. Otherwise....it would seem you've been drinking someone's Kool-Aid. This post sounds so very out of character for you. I wonder if your identity here has been hacked? Over 2000 prior posts never sounded anything at all like this one.

Weird.

The Chinese people are some of the most racist people on earth. This has a long cultural tradition but is both a modern and contemporary cultural reality. This racism is readily perceived in-country by various cultures and people on the edges and far removed from eastern China, especially against the western cultures but also those of SE Asia. It is quite apparent in Africa and imposed upon blacks who have migrated to China in recent decades. The Chinese are and have been victims of Euro/American racism certainly. But it is completely false to suggest or claim the Chinese are not themselves racist....they certainly are.

Racism may be a symptom of the mind poison of fear (and its cousins anger, hate, blame, etc.) but there is no UB context for "mind virus"...a rather odd and inaccurate choice of words for you.

Your (or boomshuka's) UB scholarship has been well demonstrated here for a long, long time. No imposter will go unexposed for long.

Either way....best wishes to our old friend boomshuka!

A link to the historical record of his posts here at TruthBook:

search.php?author_id=1206&sr=posts

Mind Virus is not in TUB, you are correct. But certainly the word “racism” is not in it either which makes it equally as erroneous. This word is akin to the word “witch” all you have to do is yell it out and a thoughtless mob comes running for you. I’m convinced that even the apostles wouldn’t be able to escape this label if they where here today.

Fear is merely a natural state for those who haven’t found god, therefore if “Racism” has an equivalence to fear it is neither evil nor good. It just is an unfortunate or sad state of mind to be in.

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Actually it was you who introduced the term and topic of racism here, erroneous or not. Certainly racism is an error (at least) but it does exist and is not fear but, rather, a child of and symptom and expression of fear.

Fear is factually and historically the evolutionary door to God. It would be correct to say that the more faith and faith assurance experience one has, the less fear they should have, but it is certainly inaccurate to claim those with fear are without God.

So you claim the racists are not a mob but those who oppose racism are a mob? What a curious and radicalized perspective. Radical indeed. Hmmmm.....

Again....does not remind me of Boom....

Last edited by fanofVan on Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:01 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:

Again....does not remind me of Boom....

Indeed. Someone in authority should really look into this.

PostPosted:  

boomshuka wrote:

Mind Virus is not in TUB, you are correct. But certainly the word “racism” is not in it either which makes it equally as erroneous. This word is akin to the word “witch” all you have to do is yell it out and a thoughtless mob comes running for you. I’m convinced that even the apostles wouldn’t be able to escape this label if they where here today.

Fear is merely a natural state for those who haven’t found god, therefore if “Racism” has an equivalence to fear it is neither evil nor good. It just is an unfortunate or sad state of mind to be in.

This statement may be technically true - the word "racism" is not in the UB - but the claim is also patently false related to the topic of racism, which is certainly addressed in the Papers and is far more than "an unfortunate or sad state of mind to be in." A rather misleading and shallow claim actually for anyone who truly knows the contents of the Urantia Papers.

Race and racism and genocide based on color differences on our world are actually extensive topics related to our planetary evolutionary progress and the epochal progress on all worlds - read Paper 52 and Paper 64 for an introduction to the topic.

The UB teaches that our rulers and administrators consider all worlds to have but one true race - the human race. And teaches us that the colored races (either 6 or 3) usually form the initial planetary habitation. These races normally arrive in a certain sequence over long periods of time due to the work of and anticipated/planned results of the Life Carriers. On all worlds the various so called races of color each brings certain important and desirable traits to the long process of population bio-amalgamation and the blending of peoples with the infusion of the Adamic blood line to eventually form a single color or all peoples. All peoples of all colors are uplifted by this amalgamation and the eventual infusion of Adamic blood.

Due to our world's decimal nature and experimental designs plus the eventual default of Adam and Eve, our world has a rather unique and unfortunate history of color amalgamation that persists in many ugly and counter-productive ways even today. But the UB is very clear that amalgamation is inevitable and that a single color of people will become a reality on this world and that all sources of fear and hate and bigotry and prejudice are evil and potentially sinful and retard the world's progress and realization of potential and destiny.

So the word racism is not "erroneous" by any definition. It certainly exists. It is a social progress retardant.

The UB clearly instructs us that mortal science and scientists will, and should, address genetic improvements in the human race to reduce suffering and extend life longevity and promote genetic health and vitality in all people of all colors for the purpose of uniting all people into the planetary family of humanity and this effort will contribute, eventually, to the planetary progress toward that era of Light and Life to come!!

What book are you reading? Again...these recent posts are clearly lacking the scholarship quality known for boomshuka and do not reflect his former, well articulated, attitudes on these matters. And no response...which only heightens suspicions as to the actual identity of this poster!!

52:2.11 (592.4) This problem of race improvement is not such an extensive undertaking when it is attacked at this early date in human evolution. The preceding period of tribal struggles and rugged competition in race survival has weeded out most of the abnormal and defective strains. An idiot does not have much chance of survival in a primitive and warring tribal social organization. It is the false sentiment of your partially perfected civilizations that fosters, protects, and perpetuates the hopelessly defective strains of evolutionary human stocks.

52:2.12 (592.5) It is neither tenderness nor altruism to bestow futile sympathy upon degenerated human beings, unsalvable abnormal and inferior mortals. There exist on even the most normal of the evolutionary worlds sufficient differences between individuals and between numerous social groups to provide for the full exercise of all those noble traits of altruistic sentiment and unselfish mortal ministry without perpetuating the socially unfit and the morally degenerate strains of evolving humanity. There is abundant opportunity for the exercise of tolerance and the function of altruism in behalf of those unfortunate and needy individuals who have not irretrievably lost their moral heritage and forever destroyed their spiritual birthright.

52:3.10 (594.1) The post-Adamic epoch is the dispensation of internationalism. With the near completion of the task of race blending, nationalism wanes, and the brotherhood of man really begins to materialize. Representative government begins to take the place of the monarchial or paternal form of rulership. The educational system becomes world-wide, and gradually the languages of the races give way to the tongue of the violet people. Universal peace and co-operation are seldom attained until the races are fairly well blended, and until they speak a common language.

52:3.12 (594.3) Great ethical advancement characterizes this era; the brotherhood of man is the goal of its society. World-wide peace—the cessation of race conflict and national animosity—is the indicator of planetary ripeness for the advent of the third order of sonship, the Magisterial Son.

4. Post-Magisterial Son Man

52:4.1 (594.4) On normal and loyal planets this age opens with the mortal races blended and biologically fit. There are no race or color problems; literally all nations and races are of one blood. The brotherhood of man flourishes, and the nations are learning to live on earth in peace and tranquillity. Such a world stands on the eve of a great and culminating intellectual development.

55:3.22 (626.11) No evolutionary world can hope to progress beyond the first stage of settledness in light until it has achieved one language, one religion, and one philosophy. Being of one race greatly facilitates such achievement, but the many peoples of Urantia do not preclude the attainment of higher stages.

8)

Last edited by fanofVan on Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:02 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

boomshuka wrote:
rick warren wrote:

Attachment:
ADAMIC PLASM.png

Quote source/more:

Who ever suggested here anything about selective impregnation? And who do you claim to be "the highest strains" of people today? There's a dangerous and unwise step to consider I think. Morality and ethics are what they are and science is never responsible for the ethical applications of scientific contributions to our potential. Is a knife a tool of progress or weapon of death and destruction? The knife does not decide. Neither does the inventor of the knife. Shall we not have knives because of the unethical and immoral choices some make with a knife? A foolish and naïve sentiment IMO.

Hmmmm.....current genome biology is primarily focused on the identification and elimination of weak and disease related genes....not selective breeding. Elimination of genetic weaknesses related to healthy births, wellness, and longevity is a great beginning I think. By reducing and excluding the weak genes and incomplete chromosomes of all people and the inclusion of healthy genes that are shared by all people of all color, science can help the world's population to enjoy better health and longevity and reduce much suffering and harm....personal, social, and economic.

76:4.7 (851.5) The body cells of the Material Sons and their progeny are far more resistant to disease than are those of the evolutionary beings indigenous to the planet. The body cells of the native races are akin to the living disease-producing microscopic and ultramicroscopic organisms of the realm. These facts explain why the Urantia peoples must do so much by way of scientific effort to withstand so many physical disorders. You would be far more disease resistant if your races carried more of the Adamic life.

PostPosted:  

65:3.6 (734.3) Mankind on Urantia must solve its problems of mortal development with the human stocks it has—no more races will evolve from prehuman sources throughout all future time. But this fact does not preclude the possibility of the attainment of vastly higher levels of human development through the intelligent fostering of the evolutionary potentials still resident in the mortal races. That which we, the Life Carriers, do toward fostering and conserving the life strains before the appearance of human will, man must do for himself after such an event and subsequent to our retirement from active participation in evolution. In a general way, man’s evolutionary destiny is in his own hands, and scientific intelligence must sooner or later supersede the random functioning of uncontrolled natural selection and chance survival.

:idea: :!: 8)

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
65:3.6 (734.3) Mankind on Urantia must solve its problems of mortal development with the human stocks it has—no more races will evolve from prehuman sources throughout all future time. But this fact does not preclude the possibility of the attainment of vastly higher levels of human development through the intelligent fostering of the evolutionary potentials still resident in the mortal races. That which we, the Life Carriers, do toward fostering and conserving the life strains before the appearance of human will, man must do for himself after such an event and subsequent to our retirement from active participation in evolution. In a general way, man’s evolutionary destiny is in his own hands, and scientific intelligence must sooner or later supersede the random functioning of uncontrolled natural selection and chance survival.

:idea: :!: 8)

Good find.

PostPosted:  

Nobody should think in those terms. It is preserved by the plan and design of the Thought Adjusters and Mystery Monitors, not in laboratories of science.
That is not what UB teaches. The Universe doesn't need human scientists to conduct it's plans.