Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:00 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

gizmo wrote:
Komposer,

I hope you will make peace with your decision to "go back to your roots". This is not a case of riding two horses: they are complementary when your aim is true.

The UB is largely an affair of the mind. There is no "church" in the institutional sense, and, for some of us this may feel isolating. Your church is a place to gather in thanks and joy and community worship. And you bring a new perspective to it; an enlarged and embracing understanding of the values of evolutionary religion. I believe you are listening to your inner Teacher. Celebrate it!

Thank you gizmo! I agree with everything you say. I still need to figure out how much of what I have learned through my exposure to the Urantia book is wise to be shared. I had a talk with my pastor and without really thinking about it I shared my enthusiasm with him about the fact that our Father's love is so infinite that in his divine plan and through his divine providence it is ascertained that we will never cease to grow and discover new truths and facets of his eternal nature.

From my studies so far, I have only discovered some theological differences. However, most religious people I have met or read about, have a very similar spiritual attitude to what the Urantia book teaches, especially in part IV. The love of the saints for our Master Son is truly sublime and contagious. They speak of divine love (eros in greek), unbroken communion with our Father and the feelings of joy and inner peace which are the signs of such an attitude of the soul aligned with the will of God. Their humility and love for their fellows is also otherworldly and yet they were/are still humans. The fifth epochal revelation can truly make transparent such human accounts in our minds and these beautiful lives and everything that they produced are likewise small revelations of our Father and Michael.

Now, imagine if more people learned about the Thought Adjuster existing in us and believed it... that would be something! :!:

Last edited by Komposer on Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:01 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
I am reminded that Jesus and Melchizedek and Adam and Eve all were such bridge builders. The law and pattern of progress is evolutionary...not revolutionary. Therefore must the old be made new, one mind and one generation at a time. Tradition is to progress what ballast is to a sailing ship...it is balance and stability. Progress is to tradition what sails are to the sailing ship, they catch the wind and propel the ship. And then there is the mast which attaches or bridges the sails to the ballast so the two work in harmony to both move but also stay upright!!

Those who stay attached to the evolutionary churches with open minds and spirits to truth and wisdom deliver the sails of progress to the stability of tradition but also deliver the stability of tradition to the momentum of progress. Such believers are true disciples and ambassadors of the Kingdom and do provide a bridge of communication and understanding by gaining the trust, confidence, and loyalty of both traditionalists and progressives...not all certainly...but some is enough in every generation I think!!

Truer words were never spoken! Am I wrong in believing that we are to pick up the torch and fulfill our obligations to the Supreme Being as citizens of Urantia and Nebadon so that the 4th and 5th revelations can finally become a living truth in our hearts and on Urantia? Doesn't after all the Urantia book end with such an invitation in its closing pages? All the previous revelations are now thanks to the Urantia book made more known to us and we have a better idea of what went right or wrong. We know for example of the disastrous effects of impatience and hastiness in regards to progress by trying to circumvent the divine plan and its eternal wisdom. We know of Van and Amadon and their steadfast faith and devotion to Michael and the Paradise Trinity. We know a bit of the tremendous difficulties Adam and Eve faced, how they reacted to them and what the result was. We know of the approach Melchizedek took in instructing the people of the past and establishing newer, better methods of worship and contact that were still not too far removed from the conceptual, intellectual and spiritual level of them. Likewise, Jesus, did not come with an encyclopedia of the Master Universe. He imparted knowledge, but I think he valued wisdom more - a sincere, humble and trusting soul.

Alexandros

PostPosted:  

I was just watching an interview on Youtube and the topic that is discussed on the segment that begins around the 43:30 mark is the reason I decided to become an active participant here. This soft-spoken lady comprehends the burden and sometimes the necessity of isolation and I am touched by her empathy despite her experiencing quite the opposite. It is such an important topic in my opinion, not specifically the isolation one might find himself into for not "being able" to share the teachings of the UB, but primarily the reconciliation of the established societal "truths" and evolved religion with the revelation that we have at our disposal (I am not even sure if reconciliation is the right word, but I hope you understand what I am trying to communicate):

I just wanted to share it with you and also express my gratitude for the existence of this forum. Thank you! :smile:

Alexandros