Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:07 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Machiventa Melchizedek incarnated on Urantia 3,993 years ago and lived in that body for 94 years. Then Machiventa returned to Urantia around 1,000 AD.

A researcher-reader named Joshua Wilson compiled an impressive list of events that occurred around that time, events that set the stage for the Renaissance and brought humanity into the modern age.

This is Joshua's list of world-improving events that occurred around and after Machiventa's 100 years of invisible ministry a thousand years ago:

• Chinese adapt Wood-block printing to mass produce classical books, 932 AD (the first novels)

• The conclusion of the Early Middle Ages (European Dark Ages), 964

• Poland becomes a Christian nation under the reign of Miezko I, 965

• Formation of Peace and Truce of God movement by the Catholic Church. The first of its kind movement in Medieval Europe for the control of society using nonviolent means, 989

• The conversion of Russia to Christianity, under the leadership of Vladimir I,989

• Musical notation systematized, 990

• Viking raider Leif Eriksson discovers North America, calls it Vinland, c. 1000

• Hungary and Scandinavia converted to Christianity,c. 1000

• Murasaki Shikibu finishes The Tale of Genji, the world's first novel,Japan, 1008

• Muslims destroy the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem, 1009

• During Song Dynasty,Confucianism, Taoism, and Buddhism merge,China,1021

• Canon of Medicine by Persian Avicenna establishes standard European medical textbook, 1025

• Classic Pueblo period of Anasazi culture, North America, c. 1000–1300

Anyone wishing to view the entire document (10 pages) can. Just message me.

...Less than a thousand years ago this same Machiventa Melchizedek, the onetime sage of Salem, was invisibly present on Urantia for a period of one hundred years, acting as resident governor general of the planet; and if the present system of directing planetary affairs should continue, he will be due to return in the same capacity in a little over one thousand years.... 93:10.10 (1025.6)

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Quote:
...Less than a thousand years ago this same Machiventa Melchizedek, the onetime sage of Salem, was invisibly present on Urantia for a period of one hundred years, acting as resident governor general of the planet; and if the present system of directing planetary affairs should continue, he will be due to return in the same capacity in a little over one thousand years.... 93:10.10 (1025.6)

Wow - that's one of those facts from The Urantia Book that I seem to have completely overlooked - or forgotten, at any rate. I had to have read it at least twice, but seeing this post today is a really nice reminder.

That is quite an impressive list of occurrences during that time.

Thanks for posting, Rick. And thanks to Joshua for the hard work of putting it all together.

MaryJo

PostPosted:  

maryjo606 wrote:
Quote:

Wow - that's one of those facts from The Urantia Book that I seem to have completely overlooked - or forgotten, at any rate. I had to have read it at least twice, but seeing this post today is a really nice reminder.

That is quite an impressive list of occurrences during that time.

Thanks for posting, Rick. And thanks to Joshua for the hard work of putting it all together.

MaryJo

You're welcome, MaryJo. Agree, it's impressive! Historian Joshua did his research. Tried to upload the whole essay here, but it's too big. Will forward a copy to anyone interested, by email.