Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:07 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Experiential Wisdom
PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
One thing we are told is that the very nature of the Spirit of Truth changes. It changes instantly in quality for all those worlds that had received the Son's Spirit prior to the 7th and final bestowal and it changes the nature of the Son's Spirit in all worlds which receive the Son's Spirit by the Avonal Son's Magesterial Missions thereafter. There are many other changes afoot too by this experiential accomplishment and elevation from Creator Son to Master Son.

Changes instantly in quality, you state this without indicating what kind of change? Because the Spirit of Truth was only personally real to the Creator Michael, but became universally real to all sentient creatures of Nebadon, after Jesus ascended to Paradise... So no change, but rather a bestowal, and the quality of Jesus' own eternal pattern never changed but was, rather, eventuated without any discount or hindrance.

fanofVan wrote:
There are certain limits placed upon a Creator Son's sovereignty and power in every Local Universe until the full realization of Experiential Wisdom has been attained by the 7th and Final Creator Son bestowal, which occurred for our Michael Son here on Urantia. Elevation to Master Son immediately settles forever all former mischief and iniquity of rebellion and prevents all future rebellion from its evolutionary repercussions!!! The Satania rebellion is absolutely and forever over and ended since Michael's resurrection on Urantia. So...although these Paradise Sons of God are created from, by, and in perfection, still do they gain much power and authority and wisdom by their experiences in time.

The full realization of Experiencial Wisdom has not been attained- the next chapter begins with how all sentient souls will have ascended to have found Paradise, in union with the three existential sources of Beingness, there to eternally perform the individual universe destiny of the creature-absolute. But if the Thought Adjuster failed to fuse with a worthy intellect, then the full realization of Experiencial Wisdom may not be possible, universally for all sentient creatures. That is like to say you do not really care if a person chooses against the will of the First Source and Center, or does not learn the pattern of the Creator Son, or becomes indiligent. But really, the desire to personally ascend unto Paradise, from the Nebadon perspective, is not real as an individual perspective, unless your desire to ascend is compassionate enough to have wished for all creatures capable of knowing Godto have ascended to the material center of the grand universe.

fanofVan wrote:
Stephen...again you overreach and misrepresent!! The Universe Personalized Adjuster came long, long after the Spirit of the Son/Truth had already been gifted/bestowed to many, many of Nebadon's evolutionary worlds. The flood of TA's to each world effectively gave voice to the Son's Spirit prior to Jesus's life and Michael's 7th bestowal.

8)

First of all, you are incorrect, the Personalized Adjuster of Jesus is eternally real. And factually, the Personalized Adjuster of Jesus was revealed before Pentecost not only to Jesus but also to John ben Zecharias and James & Judas ben Josep.

But what about all of these worlds, evolutionary worlds of Nebadon, that received the bestowal missions of the Avonal Sons, before the revelation of Jesus' Personalized Adjuster and before the bestowal of the Pentecostal Spirit?? Was that a universal coming of the Thought Adjusters on such a planet, or was there a hiatus of anticipation for the populations of those spheres: until after the soul of Jesus claimed Creator Son prerogatives on behalf of all peoples?

I know that such missions are significant of this universal bestowal of Thought Adjusters, and you will remember my prior misconception here, but in my view how could they immediately be significant of that, before the Creator Son's finalisation of sovereignty? Isn't there some transigence, a hiatus period, the transigence of planetary progress, where the divine intent of universal bestowal is real but not actual in terms of progress, the transigence that thereby prevents such a life-sphere as being factually denominated as universally receptive of the first source and center in the human mind? until at least after the final bestowal of this Spirit of Truth?

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
fanofVan wrote:
One thing we are told is that the very nature of the Spirit of Truth changes. It changes instantly in quality for all those worlds that had received the Son's Spirit prior to the 7th and final bestowal and it changes the nature of the Son's Spirit in all worlds which receive the Son's Spirit by the Avonal Son's Magesterial Missions thereafter. There are many other changes afoot too by this experiential accomplishment and elevation from Creator Son to Master Son.

Changes instantly in quality, you state this without indicating what kind of change? Because the Spirit of Truth was only personally real to the Creator Michael, but became universally real to all sentient creatures of Nebadon, after Jesus ascended to Paradise... So no change, but rather a bestowal, and the quality of Jesus' own eternal pattern never changed but was, rather, eventuated without any discount or hindrance.

fanofVan wrote:
There are certain limits placed upon a Creator Son's sovereignty and power in every Local Universe until the full realization of Experiential Wisdom has been attained by the 7th and Final Creator Son bestowal, which occurred for our Michael Son here on Urantia. Elevation to Master Son immediately settles forever all former mischief and iniquity of rebellion and prevents all future rebellion from its evolutionary repercussions!!! The Satania rebellion is absolutely and forever over and ended since Michael's resurrection on Urantia. So...although these Paradise Sons of God are created from, by, and in perfection, still do they gain much power and authority and wisdom by their experiences in time.

The full realization of Experiencial Wisdom has not been attained- the next chapter begins with how all sentient souls will have ascended to have found Paradise, in union with the three existential sources of Beingness, there to eternally perform the individual universe destiny of the creature-absolute. But if the Thought Adjuster failed to fuse with a worthy intellect, then the full realization of Experiencial Wisdom may not be possible, universally for all sentient creatures. That is like to say you do not really care if a person chooses against the will of the First Source and Center, or does not learn the pattern of the Creator Son, or becomes indiligent. But really, the desire to personally ascend unto Paradise, from the Nebadon perspective, is not real as an individual perspective, unless your desire to ascend is compassionate enough to have wished for all creatures capable of knowing Godto have ascended to the material center of the grand universe.

fanofVan wrote:
Stephen...again you overreach and misrepresent!! The Universe Personalized Adjuster came long, long after the Spirit of the Son/Truth had already been gifted/bestowed to many, many of Nebadon's evolutionary worlds. The flood of TA's to each world effectively gave voice to the Son's Spirit prior to Jesus's life and Michael's 7th bestowal.

8)

First of all, you are incorrect, the Personalized Adjuster of Jesus is eternally real. And factually, the Personalized Adjuster of Jesus was revealed before Pentecost not only to Jesus but also to John ben Zecharias and James & Judas ben Josep.

But what about all of these worlds, evolutionary worlds of Nebadon, that received the bestowal missions of the Avonal Sons, before the revelation of Jesus' Personalized Adjuster and before the bestowal of the Pentecostal Spirit?? Was that a universal coming of the Thought Adjusters on such a planet, or was there a hiatus of anticipation for the populations of those spheres: until after the soul of Jesus claimed Creator Son prerogatives on behalf of all peoples?

I know that such missions are significant of this universal bestowal of Thought Adjusters, and you will remember my prior misconception here, but in my view how could they immediately be significant of that, before the Creator Son's finalisation of sovereignty? Isn't there some transigence, a hiatus period, the transigence of planetary progress, where the divine intent of universal bestowal is real but not actual in terms of progress, the transigence that thereby prevents such a life-sphere as being factually denominated as universally receptive of the first source and center in the human mind? until at least after the final bestowal of this Spirit of Truth?

Again...so many claims...such misrepresentation and falsehood. Stephen...you are so dangerous in this classroom. You proclaim falsehoods with such gusto and confidence and completely distort and misstate the contents of the UB!! What a shame you refuse to read and refuse to learn and refuse to post the text.

Stephen claims above: "... but became universally real to all sentient creatures of Nebadon, after Jesus ascended to Paradise..."

Actually the Personalized Universe Adjuster is universally real to all pre-personal TA's in Nebadon and, perhaps, to those minds so endowed...which is certainly not ALL sentient beings in Nebadon. And the Spirit of Truth was already real on many worlds, hundreds of worlds and many hundreds of billions of souls, before (even long, long before) Michael's 7th bestowal on Urantia. Why don't you read the UB Stephen??? Or at least that text posted here already??? Good grief.

Stephen claims above: "First of all, you are incorrect, the Personalized Adjuster of Jesus is eternally real. And factually, the Personalized Adjuster of Jesus was revealed [b]before Pentecost not only to Jesus but also to John ben Zecharias and James & Judas ben Josep."[/b]

I never said that Jesus' Adjuster was ever unreal!! But that Adjuster did not become the Personalized Adjuster for Nebadon until after/during the Perean Hills or the technical completion of Michael's 7th Bestowal. No one has mentioned Pentacost at all...but that time is the time of the coming of the Son's Spirit to Urantia...which has nothing at all to do with the Jewish holiday associated and so named which had a long prior history.

Your claim was that this Personalized Adjuster took over and ruled all of Nebadon and that he still rules all life in the universe....both completely false claims! Never happened.

All worlds with prior Avonal Bestowal Missions did already receive the Son's Spirit - did you not read the text I posted? Once Michael became the Master Son of Nebadon by his final bestowal, then did the nature of the Son's Spirit change on all other worlds where it was activated. Each world receives this Son's Spirit individually, one by one, and not all at the same time Stephen...again according to the text I actually just poste...please read that!!

There is NO universal bestowal of Thought Adjusters or the Spirit of Truth Stephen...what book ARE you reading anyway???!!! There are still evolutionary worlds in Nebadon which have not yet received the Son's Spirit. And there is no such thing as the "final bestowal" of the Spirit of Truth! Each world receives this Spirit after the Avonal Bestowal Mission and not before and no world awaits the Creator Son's completion of the 7th bestowal for the gift of the Son's Spirit or the flood of Thought Adjusters which accompany that Spirit.

Your claims and understanding are in complete contradiction of the UB's contents Stephen. If only you were here to learn and be inspired by the Revelation...but instead you misrepresent it with every post. So dangerous. One might think you very insincere about being here since we gather here to study the actual contents which you defy and distort and destroy here endlessly. And no one else ever appears to object. That's the saddest and most dangerous thing of all for TruthBook!!

:roll: :-$ =; :-s :!:

8) Bradly

Last edited by fanofVan on Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:18 pm +0000, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted:  

The issue we shall tackle, is how ought man be able to ascend, to attain the finality of perfection in Paradise. And when I do that, as an ascender of Ascendington, I will certainly look into that issue, why not did that Personalized Adjuster of that one's mortal indwelling also ascend?!? Just as Jacob did wrestle with the angel, not allowing the angel to escape, neither can the Personalized Adjusters escape when I have made the case, that it was God's will for that person do do that or to find a way. They were meant to fuse with the human individual, thoughts, intents, and actions. There is something in the universe that would have helped you, if you could have only realised. It wasn't meant just for Jesus to become like the Universal Father: that is the destiny of all men, every soul of Urantian origin. Why not you then become like Jesus, who is said to have "returned" to Paradise? There is the origin of the Thought Adjuster that cannot be withheld from other persons, other sons of men who chance of inhabit the likeness of the flesh here on Urantia, your actual true existential origin. Even though they had former lifetimes of humanlike inhabitent/custody, it is not their wish that you remain unmature in your knowledge: you must find a means to effectuate finality while you are alive and breathing. My hope is not for myself, but Personalized Adjusters from the fusion series of the First Source and Center, will eventually attain fusion with the creature series of sentient mortal material life, if it is still possible. I will proof that other human individuals are able to ascend, will ascend, and remarkably shall do that in their own lifetimes after Jesus. How much longer shall society see this goal as undesirable?

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
No one has mentioned Pentacost at all.
Bradly

Pentecost was mentioned because Pentecost is a synonymous term with "the universal bestowal of the Spirit of Truth, after Jesus' return to the Paradise Father." Pentecost is the universal experience of the Spirit of Truth in the minds of God-knowing individuals, not just a Jewish Holiday.

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
fanofVan wrote:
No one has mentioned Pentacost at all.
Bradly

Pentecost was mentioned because Pentecost is a synonymous term with "the universal bestowal of the Spirit of Truth, after Jesus' return to the Paradise Father." Pentecost is the universal experience of the Spirit of Truth in the minds of God-knowing individuals, not just a Jewish Holiday.

There simply is NO SUCH THING as "the universal bestowal of the Spirit of Truth" Stephen. Each world receives the Son's Spirit individually...not universally. As Jesus happened to be killed and resurrected during Passover, likewise was the Spirit of Truth released during a Jewish holiday.

Likewise did his baptism complete his transformation from Creator Son to Master Son. But none of these events are Holy Days and none were chosen as such by such coincidence except according to you and Christian tradition. Pentacost is not synonymous with the release of the Son's Spirit to Jews for example. Pentacost did not originate as nor chosen as the day for thos planetary gift of Spirit.

PostPosted:  

So...to be clear. Every world eventually receives, individually and one at a time, the gift of the Son's Spirit - The Spirit of Truth. That does not happen on a day known as Pentecost elsewhere. It did happen on Urantia during that Jewish holiday by happenstance. Jesus had completed his morontial appearances and the Apostles had been in hiding from the public and the local rulers for 40 days. But on every world, I am certain this day is indeed a holy day due to its transformative power and epochal significance. Before this day of the Son's Spirit and after this day, everything changes on that world!!

193:5.1 (2057.3) It was almost half past seven o’clock this Thursday morning, May 18, when Jesus arrived on the western slope of Mount Olivet with his eleven silent and somewhat bewildered apostles. From this location, about two thirds the way up the mountain, they could look out over Jerusalem and down upon Gethsemane. Jesus now prepared to say his last farewell to the apostles before he took leave of Urantia. As he stood there before them, without being directed they knelt about him in a circle, and the Master said:

193:5.2 (2057.4) “I bade you tarry in Jerusalem until you were endowed with power from on high. I am now about to take leave of you; I am about to ascend to my Father, and soon, very soon, will we send into this world of my sojourn the Spirit of Truth; and when he has come, you shall begin the new proclamation of the gospel of the kingdom, first in Jerusalem and then to the uttermost parts of the world. Love men with the love wherewith I have loved you and serve your fellow mortals even as I have served you. By the spirit fruits of your lives impel souls to believe the truth that man is a son of God, and that all men are brethren. Remember all I have taught you and the life I have lived among you. My love overshadows you, my spirit will dwell with you, and my peace shall abide upon you. Farewell.”

193:5.3 (2057.5) When the morontia Master had thus spoken, he vanished from their sight. This so-called ascension of Jesus was in no way different from his other disappearances from mortal vision during the forty days of his morontia career on Urantia.

193:5.4 (2057.6) The Master went to Edentia by way of Jerusem, where the Most Highs, under the observation of the Paradise Son, released Jesus of Nazareth from the morontia state and, through the spirit channels of ascension, returned him to the status of Paradise sonship and supreme sovereignty on Salvington.

193:5.5 (2057.7) It was about seven forty-five this morning when the morontia Jesus disappeared from the observation of his eleven apostles to begin the ascent to the right hand of his Father, there to receive formal confirmation of his completed sovereignty of the universe of Nebadon.

194:0.1 (2059.1) ABOUT one o’clock, as the one hundred and twenty believers were engaged in prayer, they all became aware of a strange presence in the room. At the same time these disciples all became conscious of a new and profound sense of spiritual joy, security, and confidence. This new consciousness of spiritual strength was immediately followed by a strong urge to go out and publicly proclaim the gospel of the kingdom and the good news that Jesus had risen from the dead.

194:0.2 (2059.2) Peter stood up and declared that this must be the coming of the Spirit of Truth which the Master had promised them and proposed that they go to the temple and begin the proclamation of the good news committed to their hands. And they did just what Peter suggested.

Me here: And to be clear, every Local Universe has one Personalized Adjuster that has served with the Michael Son during the 7th and final mortal bestowal. But there are TA's long before this time and there is the Son's Spirit on many local worlds before this time as well. Urantia is blessed to be the place chosen for this final bestowal by our Creator Son.

119:8.8 (1319.1) Urantia is the sentimental shrine of all Nebadon, the chief of ten million inhabited worlds, the mortal home of Christ Michael, sovereign of all Nebadon, a Melchizedek minister to the realms, a system savior, an Adamic redeemer, a seraphic fellow, an associate of ascending spirits, a morontia progressor, a Son of Man in the likeness of mortal flesh, and the Planetary Prince of Urantia. And your record tells the truth when it says that this same Jesus has promised sometime to return to the world of his terminal bestowal, the World of the Cross.

:biggrin:

PostPosted:  

Stephen, I think that you are overintellectualising an already difficult text such as the Urantia book, adding or interpreting things according to personal wishes, expectations, beliefs, ideas and so on. I suppose, not unlike what people in the past have done with Jesus' gospel. In any case, I personally find it difficult to understand what you try to convey most of the times, but whatever I do understand gives me the impression of someone who is in a hurry to evolve.

SEla_Kelly wrote:
It wasn't meant just for Jesus to become like the Universal Father: that is the destiny of all men, every soul of Urantian origin. Why not you then become like Jesus, who is said to have "returned" to Paradise? There is the origin of the Thought Adjuster that cannot be withheld from other persons, other sons of men who chance of inhabit the likeness of the flesh here on Urantia, your actual true existential origin. Even though they had former lifetimes of humanlike inhabitent/custody, it is not their wish that you remain unmature in your knowledge: you must find a means to effectuate finality while you are alive and breathing. My hope is not for myself, but Personalized Adjusters from the fusion series of the First Source and Center, will eventually attain fusion with the creature series of sentient mortal material life, if it is still possible. I will proof that other human individuals are able to ascend, will ascend, and remarkably shall do that in their own lifetimes after Jesus. How much longer shall society see this goal as undesirable?

Here are two convoluted expectations or rather hopes as far as I understand what you are trying to say. Firstly, that Personalised Adjusters (you also add from the fusion series of the First Source and Center. I wonder what kind of categorisation is this: personalised adjusters of the fusion series) will somehow fuse with mortals and secondly that mortals can immediately attain Paradise and that this should be desired. Correct me if I am wrong.

My question is: are we in a race of some sort that I am unaware of? Jesus' "fusion" with his Though Adjuster, mortal death and resurrection were because of his nature, which is that of a Creator Son, not the same as ours (true, he was the Son of Man, but he never was just that. His divine nature was always there). As such, the archangels were unable to revive him, no one knew where his essence was immediately after his mortal death even though there is evidence of communication taking place between him and the Ancients of Days. Likewise, after his baptism and his complete alignment with the Though Adjuster, no fusion took place, if I am not mistaken. The Thought Adjuster departed and immediately returned personalised. These mysteries are probably part of the secrets of Sonarington and Divinington and are only understood by those beings who experience these such as the Creator Sons, the Personalised Adjusters and the Avonal Sons. Our destiny is probably intertwined with that of the Creator Sons, but it is not the same as theirs. Becoming a finaliter while still on earth is not possible. Fusing with your Though Adjuster is, but this by no means denotes attainment of perfection, only attainment of perfection of purpose. With the exception of very few individuals, the vast majority of us will die and awaken on the mansion worlds and resume our eternal journey to Paradise and beyond. There is nothing bad or wrong about it...

Remember how Jesus always advised others to be joyful? Despair, impatience, premature evolution and hastiness are undesirable and signs that we are not aligned with the Spirit of Truth and its leadings. Embrace your humanity, Stephen. Jesus, our Creator Son, did so and he chose to drink the last cup and be crucified (remember the night just before Judas' betrayal and Jesus' prayer to our Father? It's Paper 182 from the Urantia book. I advise you to read it again). Moreover, he was never in a hurry, but he also never avoided his duties and responsibilities. There are so many things we can learn from the way he lived his life on Urantia, but the fact that he ascended to Paradise shortly after his resurrection does not mean that we are also destined to do it. He is a descending son, we are ascending sons. He is perfect, we are destined to become perfected. We will reach Paradise, if we so desire, but not in an instant. There is a vast gulf we must first traverse so that we can attend the presence of the Trinity and recognise all three divine persons.

Alexandros

PostPosted:  

Truth, wisdom, and compassion in your words, Alex.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

PostPosted:  

Experiential wisdom has an inevitable outcome for mortals who attain fusion. For all other beings created at the Lanonadek level or below including not yet fused mortals, eternity appears to be a greater uncertainty in the earlier and younger stages of a Local Universe prior to the elevation of the Creator Sons' to Master Sons by their successful Bestowals experience. This seems to begin a new phase and level of stabilization and control of Local Universe evolutionary and experiential progress.

But for mortal ascenders destiny is certain upon fusion with the God Fragment/Thought Adjuster and nothing prevents the perfecting progress of such pilgrims ...the evolutionary and experiential tadpoles from time.

12:7.7 (138.2) The will of God does not uniformly prevail in the heart of the God-seeking material mortal, but if the time frame is enlarged beyond the moment to embrace the whole of the first life, then does God’s will become increasingly discernible in the spirit fruits which are borne in the lives of the spirit-led children of God. And then, if human life is further enlarged to include the morontia experience, the divine will is observed to shine brighter and brighter in the spiritualizing acts of those creatures of time who have begun to taste the divine delights of experiencing the relationship of the personality of man with the personality of the Universal Father.

12:7.8 (138.3) The Fatherhood of God and the brotherhood of man present the paradox of the part and the whole on the level of personality. God loves eachindividual as an individual child in the heavenly family. Yet God thus loves every individual; he is no respecter of persons, and the universality of his love brings into being a relationship of the whole, the universal brotherhood.

12:7.9 (138.4) The love of the Father absolutely individualizes each personality as a unique child of the Universal Father, a child without duplicate in infinity, a will creature irreplaceable in all eternity. The Father’s love glorifies each child of God, illuminating each member of the celestial family, sharply silhouetting the unique nature of each personal being against the impersonal levels that lie outside the fraternal circuit of the Father of all. The love of God strikingly portrays the transcendent value of each will creature, unmistakably reveals the high value which the Universal Father has placed upon each and every one of his children from the highest creator personality of Paradise status to the lowest personality of will dignity among the savage tribes of men in the dawn of the human species on some evolutionary world of time and space.

12:7.10 (138.5) This very love of God for the individual brings into being the divine family of all individuals, the universal brotherhood of the freewill children of the Paradise Father. And this brotherhood, being universal, is a relationship of the whole. Brotherhood, when universal, discloses not the eachrelationship, but the all relationship. Brotherhood is a reality of the total and therefore discloses qualities of the whole in contradistinction to qualities of the part.

12:7.11 (138.6) Brotherhood constitutes a fact of relationship between every personality in universal existence. No person can escape the benefits or the penalties that may come as a result of relationship to other persons. The part profits or suffers in measure with the whole. The good effort of each man benefits all men; the error or evil of each man augments the tribulation of all men. As moves the part, so moves the whole. As the progress of the whole, so the progress of the part. The relative velocities of part and whole determine whether the part is retarded by the inertia of the whole or is carried forward by the momentum of the cosmic brotherhood.

12:7.12 (139.1) It is a mystery that God is a highly personal self-conscious being with residential headquarters, and at the same time personally present in such a vast universe and personally in contact with such a well-nigh infinite number of beings. That such a phenomenon is a mystery beyond human comprehension should not in the least lessen your faith. Do not allow the magnitude of the infinity, the immensity of the eternity, and the grandeur and glory of the matchless character of God to overawe, stagger, or discourage you; for the Father is not very far from any one of you; he dwells within you, and in him do we all literally move, actually live, and veritably have our being.

12:7.13 (139.2) Even though the Paradise Father functions through his divine creators and his creature children, he also enjoys the most intimate inner contact with you, so sublime, so highly personal, that it is even beyond my comprehension—that mysterious communion of the Father fragment with the human soul and with the mortal mind of its actual indwelling. Knowing what you do of these gifts of God, you therefore know that the Father is in intimate touch, not only with his divine associates, but also with his evolutionary mortal children of time. The Father indeed abides on Paradise, but his divine presence also dwells in the minds of men.

12:7.14 (139.3) Even though the spirit of a Son be poured out upon all flesh, even though a Son once dwelt with you in the likeness of mortal flesh, even though the seraphim personally guard and guide you, how can any of these divine beings of the Second and Third Centers ever hope to come as near to you or to understand you as fully as the Father, who has given a part of himself to be in you, to be your real and divine, even your eternal, self?

8)

PostPosted:  

The first phase of experiential wisdom for mortals are the 7 psychic circles of progress which lead to fusion with the God Fragment - the growth of soul cycle can be difficult and painful, fraught with confusion and frustration and disappointment and suffering due to our ignorance, immaturity, animal nature, self importance, and the repercussions of choice which attend so many of our decisions.

While we may survive this life by little more than a flicker of yearning, hope, and faith experience, fusion and eternal life requires achieving 7 levels of progressive experience, wisdom, maturity, and soul growth. The number (quantity) and the truth content (quality) of our decisions which lead to discernment, understanding, and the expression of truth, beauty, and goodness results in our spiritual growth and progress.

I believe the more wisdom we gain the less painful and difficult is the wisdom to come.

4:3.4 (58.2) God repents of nothing he has ever done, now does, or ever will do. He is all-wise as well as all-powerful. Man’s wisdom grows out of the trials and errors of human experience; God’s wisdom consists in the unqualified perfection of his infinite universe insight, and this divine foreknowledge effectively directs the creative free will.

9:1.8 (100.2) In addition to this supercontrol of energy and things physical, the Infinite Spirit is superbly endowed with those attributes of patience, mercy, and love which are so exquisitely revealed in his spiritual ministry. The Spirit is supremely competent to minister love and to overshadow justice with mercy. God the Spirit possesses all the supernal kindness and merciful affection of the Original and Eternal Son. The universe of your origin is being forged out between the anvil of justice and the hammer of suffering; but those who wield the hammer are the children of mercy, the spirit offspring of the Infinite Spirit.

86:2.1 (951.3) Anxiety was a natural state of the savage mind. When men and women fall victims to excessive anxiety, they are simply reverting to the natural estate of their far-distant ancestors; and when anxiety becomes actually painful, it inhibits activity and unfailingly institutes evolutionary changes and biologic adaptations. Pain and suffering are essential to progressive evolution.

118:10.9 (1305.4) Some of the amazingly fortuitous conditions occasionally prevailing on the evolutionary worlds may be due to the gradually emerging presence of the Supreme, the foretasting of his future universe activities. Most of what a mortal would call providential is not; his judgment of such matters is very handicapped by lack of farsighted vision into the true meanings of the circumstances of life. Much of what a mortal would call good luck might really be bad luck; the smile of fortune that bestows unearned leisure and undeserved wealth may be the greatest of human afflictions; the apparent cruelty of a perverse fate that heaps tribulation upon some suffering mortal may in reality be the tempering fire that is transmuting the soft iron of immature personality into the tempered steel of real character.

110:6.5 (1209.5) The Adjusters are always near you and of you, but rarely can they speak directly, as another being, to you. Circle by circle your intellectual decisions, moral choosings, and spiritual development add to the ability of the Adjuster to function in your mind; circle by circle you thereby ascend from the lower stages of Adjuster association and mind attunement, so that the Adjuster is increasingly enabled to register his picturizations of destiny with augmenting vividness and conviction upon the evolving consciousness of this God-seeking mind-soul.

110:6.6 (1210.1) Every decision you make either impedes or facilitates the function of the Adjuster; likewise do these very decisions determine your advancement in the circles of human achievement. It is true that the supremacy of a decision, its crisis relationship, has a great deal to do with its circle-making influence; nevertheless, numbers of decisions, frequent repetitions, persistent repetitions, are also essential to the habit-forming certainty of such reactions.

110:6.7 (1210.2) It is difficult precisely to define the seven levels of human progression, for the reason that these levels are personal; they are variable for each individual and are apparently determined by the growth capacity of each human being....

110:6.17 (1211.2) The motivation of faith makes experiential the full realization of man’s sonship with God, but action,completion of decisions, is essential to the evolutionary attainment of consciousness of progressive kinship with the cosmic actuality of the Supreme Being. Faith transmutes potentials to actuals in the spiritual world, but potentials become actuals in the finite realms of the Supreme only by and through the realization of choice-experience. But choosing to do the will of God joins spiritual faith to material decisions in personality action and thus supplies a divine and spiritual fulcrum for the more effective functioning of the human and material leverage of God-hunger. Such a wise co-ordination of material and spiritual forces greatly augments both cosmic realization of the Supreme and morontia comprehension of the Paradise Deities.

110:6.18 (1211.3) The mastery of the cosmic circles is related to the quantitative growth of the morontia soul, the comprehension of supreme meanings. But the qualitative status of this immortal soul is wholly dependent on the grasp of living faith upon the Paradise-potential fact-value that mortal man is a son of the eternal God. Therefore does a seventh circler go on to the mansion worlds to attain further quantitative realization of cosmic growth just as does a second or even a first circler.

110:6.19 (1211.4) There is only an indirect relation between cosmic-circle attainment and actual spiritual religious experience; such attainments are reciprocal and therefore mutually beneficial. Purely spiritual development may have little to do with planetary material prosperity, but circle attainment always augments the potential of human success and mortal achievement.

111:1.4 (1216.5) Material evolution has provided you a life machine, your body; the Father himself has endowed you with the purest spirit reality known in the universe, your Thought Adjuster. But into your hands, subject to your own decisions, has been given mind, and it is by mind that you live or die. It is within this mind and with this mind that you make those moral decisions which enable you to achieve Adjusterlikeness, and that is Godlikeness.

111:1.5 (1216.6) Mortal mind is a temporary intellect system loaned to human beings for use during a material lifetime, and as they use this mind, they are either accepting or rejecting the potential of eternal existence. Mind is about all you have of universe reality that is subject to your will, and the soul—the morontia self—will faithfully portray the harvest of the temporal decisions which the mortal self is making. Human consciousness rests gently upon the electrochemical mechanism below and delicately touches the spirit-morontia energy system above. Of neither of these two systems is the human being ever completely conscious in his mortal life; therefore must he work in mind, of which he is conscious. And it is not so much what mind comprehends as what mind desires to comprehend that insures survival; it is not so much what mind is like as what mind is striving to be like that constitutes spirit identification. It is not so much that man is conscious of God as that man yearns for God that results in universe ascension. What you are today is not so important as what you are becoming day by day and in eternity.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
I believe the more wisdom we gain the less painful and difficult is the wisdom to come.

The more wisdom you gain? I believe you may gain experience but not wisdom per se. The more experience you gain, and if that qualifies you for further universe-service, it is perhaps the judgment of others, that you are wise they might even say "have become wise" which qualifies you for newer and greater opportunities for service, opportunities to be servicing the grand universe.

I am not 'gaining wisdom', but I know that Jesus is wise; I know or believe that Jesus made God real for us, by showing us how to do the heavenly Father's will. Maybe I 'grow in knowledge', through acting by faith, but the wisdom of the First Source is eternally real. If I gained fusion, it is because the First Source brought me into that, in the moments I sought finality. In that sense, the Father knows when a human individual's 'hour has come'. We spend much/most of our time preparing for that, so that the First Source and Center can utilise every possible human potential, for the purposes of a greater creation within the universe. To have more potential for action, means there are also greater risks for misconduct but one who is wise will select out of the potentiality for action "by faith" and therefore the right thing in every moment; if the Divine Minister "bestows" intution, then man is capable of adapting towards the adherence of only the divine potentials. Jesus' appreciation of human cultures, and his tendency to select or draw attention towards only the good qualities, shows that he was acting by faith and avoiding or forgetting the more gruesome aspects of every/most human cultures.

Haha, but I disagree with Bradly, that the realisation of God's wisdom will make life or experience, for me personally, "any less painful"! Instead, I allude to a greater capacity of endurance, within the human soul!

PostPosted:  

Still more contradictions. Of course wisdom is learned and acquired. That's why it's called experiential wisdom. Haven't you read any of this thread Stephen?

You better be gaining wisdom Brother. You cannot be spiritized or work through the Circles otherwise. And God does not grant wisdom...experience does. And if God did grant wisdom it would not be to the lazy or foolish. You gain no experience with meaning or of value without also gaining wisdom Stephen. You do so often say the darndest things, things that so completely contradict the Revelation.

4:3.4 (58.2) God repents of nothing he has ever done, now does, or ever will do. He is all-wise as well as all-powerful. Man’s wisdom grows out of the trials and errors of human experience; God’s wisdom consists in the unqualified perfection of his infinite universe insight, and this divine foreknowledge effectively directs the creative free will.

19:2.4 (216.2) Wisdom is twofold in origin, being derived from the perfection of divine insight inherent in perfect beings and from the personal experience acquired by evolutionary creatures...

36:5.12 (402.9) 7. The spirit of wisdom—the inherent tendency of all moral creatures towards orderly and progressive evolutionary advancement. This is the highest of the adjutants, the spirit co-ordinator and articulator of the work of all the others. This spirit is the secret of that inborn urge of mind creatures which initiates and maintains the practical and effective program of the ascending scale of existence; that gift of living things which accounts for their inexplicable ability to survive and, in survival, to utilize the co-ordination of all their past experience and present opportunities for the acquisition of all of everything that all of the other six mental ministers can mobilize in the mind of the organism concerned. Wisdom is the acme of intellectual performance. Wisdom is the goal of a purely mental and moral existence.

:roll:

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
fanofVan wrote:

The more wisdom you gain? I believe you may gain experience but not wisdom per se. The more experience you gain, and if that qualifies you for further universe-service, it is perhaps the judgment of others, that you are wise they might even say "have become wise" which qualifies you for newer and greater opportunities for service, opportunities to be servicing the grand universe.

I am not 'gaining wisdom', but I know that Jesus is wise; I know or believe that Jesus made God real for us, by showing us how to do the heavenly Father's will. Maybe I 'grow in knowledge', through acting by faith, but the wisdom of the First Source is eternally real. If I gained fusion, it is because the First Source brought me into that, in the moments I sought finality. In that sense, the Father knows when a human individual's 'hour has come'. We spend much/most of our time preparing for that, so that the First Source and Center can utilise every possible human potential, for the purposes of a greater creation within the universe. To have more potential for action, means there are also greater risks for misconduct but one who is wise will select out of the potentiality for action "by faith" and therefore the right thing in every moment; if the Divine Minister "bestows" intution, then man is capable of adapting towards the adherence of only the divine potentials. Jesus' appreciation of human cultures, and his tendency to select or draw attention towards only the good qualities, shows that he was acting by faith and avoiding or forgetting the more gruesome aspects of every/most human cultures.

Haha, but I disagree with Bradly, that the realisation of God's wisdom will make life or experience, for me personally, "any less painful"! Instead, I allude to a greater capacity of endurance, within the human soul!

It is also not true that more potential for action or of freewill choice results in more error and evil or misconduct. Not true. Immaturity and inexperience and lack of wisdom lead to misconduct...not the gift of or amount of freewill....which you have declared elsewhere to be nonexistent.

So...you don't believe in either freewill or experiential wisdom nor do you believe in so many other teachings of the Revelation while you endlessly contradict the UB while inexplicably proclaiming your admiration for it. Perplexing.

Indeed, it is our freewill and resulting experiential wisdom that causes soul growth and circle progress and spiritization and the very transfer of our identity. Those who do not gain wisdom and grow thereby merely languish in materialism and temporal suffering and do not attach their branch to the vine to bear the fruits of the Spirit.

More wisdom and less error ALWAYS results in the fruits of the Spirit and ALWAYS leads to less frustration and less disappointment and less failure and less suffering...or does so according to the Papers.

Your declarations here are pure nonsense Stephen. Please read the text.

5:2.6 (65.2) The entire experience of Adjuster communion is one involving moral status, mental motivation, and spiritual experience. The self-realization of such an achievement is mainly, though not exclusively, limited to the realms of soul consciousness, but the proofs are forthcoming and abundant in the manifestation of the fruits of the spirit in the lives of all such inner-spirit contactors.

12:7.7 (138.2) The will of God does not uniformly prevail in the heart of the God-seeking material mortal, but if the time frame is enlarged beyond the moment to embrace the whole of the first life, then does God’s will become increasingly discernible in the spirit fruits which are borne in the lives of the spirit-led children of God. And then, if human life is further enlarged to include the morontia experience, the divine will is observed to shine brighter and brighter in the spiritualizing acts of those creatures of time who have begun to taste the divine delights of experiencing the relationship of the personality of man with the personality of the Universal Father.

34:6.13 (381.7) The consciousness of the spirit domination of a human life is presently attended by an increasing exhibition of the characteristics of the Spirit in the life reactions of such a spirit-led mortal, “for the fruits of the spirit are love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance.” Such spirit-guided and divinely illuminated mortals, while they yet tread the lowly paths of toil and in human faithfulness perform the duties of their earthly assignments, have already begun to discern the lights of eternal life as they glimmer on the faraway shores of another world; already have they begun to comprehend the reality of that inspiring and comforting truth, “The kingdom of God is not meat and drink but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.” And throughout every trial and in the presence of every hardship, spirit-born souls are sustained by that hope which transcends all fear because the love of God is shed abroad in all hearts by the presence of the divine Spirit.

99:5.6 (1091.5) Any religious belief which is effective in spiritualizing the believer is certain to have powerful repercussions in the social life of such a religionist. Religious experience unfailingly yields the “fruits of the spirit” in the daily life of the spirit-led mortal.

PostPosted:  

For those following along, you may enjoy a read of the related topic - "What Is Assurance?". Assurance grows proportional to our experiential wisdom...or so I understand the teachings.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5434

Bradly :wink: :biggrin: 8)

PostPosted:  

So...I was doing a little research on wisdom and discovered an interesting and very revealing fact. The definition of homo is:

"Homo is the genus which emerged in the otherwise extinct genus Australopithecus that encompasses the extant species Homo sapiens, plus several extinct species classified as either ancestral to or closely related to modern humans, most notably Homo erectus and Homo neanderthalensis. The genus is taken to emerge with the appearance of Homo habilis, just over two million years ago."

And the definition of sapien is: "A Latin word meaning wise."

Homo sapiens are "wise, discerning, and sensible" or modern human, the pinnacle of genus homo.

sapient
[ˈsāpēənt]

ADJECTIVE

wise, or attempting to appear wise.

synonyms:
wise · sensible · prudent · politic · shrewd · astute · canny · sagacious · common-sense · commonsensical · sound · well advised · well judged · well thought out · considered · thoughtful · perceptive · discerning · clear-sighted · insightful · far-sighted · percipient · discriminating · informed · intelligent · clever · enlightened · logical · rational · discreet · careful · cautious · circumspect · diplomatic · strategic · expedient · practical · advisable · in one's (best) interests · smart · savvy · pawky · heads-up · long-headed · argute

wise
[wīz]

ADJECTIVE
having or showing experience, knowledge, and good judgment.

synonyms:
sage · sagacious · intelligent · clever · learned · with/showing great knowledge · knowledgeable · informed · enlightened · astute · shrewd · acute · sharp · sharp-witted · canny · knowing · sensible · prudent · discerning · judicious · penetrating · perceptive · full of insight · insightful · clear-sighted · percipient · perspicacious · perspicuous · owlish · well advised · well thought out · well judged · politic · expedient · strategic · tactical · far-sighted · rational · logical · sound · sane · smart · fly · long-headed · sapient · argute

Me here: So science has discerned and articulate this line of demarcation between our animal ancestors and humanity - the Spirit of Wisdom!!! None of our ancestors prior to Andon and Fonta were human beings - not even those who gave birth to Andon and Fonta and not even their siblings were sapient. Sapience came all at once. Like a switch being turned on. And once it turned on, it immediately remained on for all the children and lineage to come by Andon and Fonta. The first truly sapient race of beings on Urantia.

Morality, duty, loyalty, altruism, love...these first arrived in mind by the arrival of the Holy Spirit when the higher adjutants made contact with human/mortal/material mind.

36:5.11 (402.8) 6. The spirit of worship—the religious impulse, the first differential urge separating mind creatures into the two basic classes of mortal existence. The spirit of worship forever distinguishes the animal of its association from the soulless creatures of mind endowment. Worship is the badge of spiritual-ascension candidacy.

36:5.12 (402.9) 7. The spirit of wisdom—the inherent tendency of all moral creatures towards orderly and progressive evolutionary advancement. This is the highest of the adjutants, the spirit co-ordinator and articulator of the work of all the others. This spirit is the secret of that inborn urge of mind creatures which initiates and maintains the practical and effective program of the ascending scale of existence; that gift of living things which accounts for their inexplicable ability to survive and, in survival, to utilize the co-ordination of all their past experience and present opportunities for the acquisition of all of everything that all of the other six mental ministers can mobilize in the mind of the organism concerned. Wisdom is the acme of intellectual performance. Wisdom is the goal of a purely mental and moral existence.

36:5.15 (403.3) Living mind, prior to the appearance of capacity to learn from experience, is the ministry domain of the Master Physical Controllers. Creature mind, before acquiring the ability to recognize divinity and worship Deity, is the exclusive domain of the adjutant spirits. With the appearance of the spiritual response of the creature intellect, such created minds at once become superminded, being instantly encircuited in the spirit cycles of the local universe Mother Spirit.

36:5.16 (403.4) The adjutant mind-spirits are in no manner directly related to the diverse and highly spiritual function of the spirit of the personal presence of the Divine Minister, the Holy Spirit of the inhabited worlds; but they are functionally antecedent to, and preparatory for, the appearance of this very spirit in evolutionary man. The adjutants afford the Universe Mother Spirit a varied contact with, and control over, the material living creatures of a local universe, but they do not repercuss in the Supreme Being when acting on prepersonality levels.

36:5.17 (403.5) Nonspiritual mind is either a spirit-energy manifestation or a physical-energy phenomenon. Even human mind, personal mind, has no survival qualities apart from spirit identification. Mind is a divinity bestowal, but it is not immortal when it functions without spirit insight, and when it is devoid of the ability to worship and crave survival.

Me here: Please note above that animal mind, connected to the first 5 adjutants are not "personal" - they do not have the gift of personality. Nor do they enjoy the gift of freewill. Consider: The Holy Spirit connection, the arrival of personality, the gift of freewill and "self" and self determination all depend upon the connection of the Adjutants of Worship and of Wisdom!!

By the power and influence of the Holy Spirit and her higher adjutants, mortal mind is able to experience evolutionary religion and gain religious experience and insight and wisdom through faith. With such faith experience comes faith assurance and a growing spiritual wisdom which yields the fruits of the Spirit.

When such a mortal mind becomes endowed by the Thought Adjuster/God Fragment, then is there a new force and connection which delivers personal revelation. Now is Divine wisdom revealed to us directly and personally. The religious experience becomes super-charged, especially when the Son's Spirit of Truth begins its own ministry within.

100:6.1 (1100.3) Evolutionary religions and revelatory religions may differ markedly in method, but in motive there is great similarity. Religion is not a specific function of life; rather is it a mode of living. True religion is a wholehearted devotion to some reality which the religionist deems to be of supreme value to himself and for all mankind. And the outstanding characteristics of all religions are: unquestioning loyalty and wholehearted devotion to supreme values. This religious devotion to supreme values is shown in the relation of the supposedly irreligious mother to her child and in the fervent loyalty of nonreligionists to an espoused cause.

100:6.8 (1101.3) Even evolutionary religion is all of this in loyalty and grandeur because it is a genuine experience. But revelatory religion is excellent as well as genuine. The new loyalties of enlarged spiritual vision create new levels of love and devotion, of service and fellowship; and all this enhanced social outlook produces an enlarged consciousness of the Fatherhood of God and the brotherhood of man.

100:6.9 (1101.4) The characteristic difference between evolved and revealed religion is a new quality of divine wisdom which is added to purely experiential human wisdom. But it is experience in and with the human religions that develops the capacity for subsequent reception of increased bestowals of divine wisdom and cosmic insight.

Me here: So mortals today enjoy both evolutionary, faith based, religious experience and also personally revealed, truth based, religious experience. The evolutionary wisdom gained is experiential and the revelatory truths are endowed - but still must be discerned or realized and applied to our experience to become personal wisdom which is also then, experiential. Even revelation must be experienced to be real or to gain wisdom thereby. We are experiential beings. Wisdom is not given but learned.

Even when fused with the God Fragment, wisdom is acquired by experience and our TA becomes experiential too!!

Our friend Stephen keeps denying that wisdom is learned or acquired but claims it is a direct gift. This is not true - but it is true that Divine wisdom is given to us to experience if we are willing and discerning and choose to apply this gift of insight and inspiration.

The mortal mind then becomes one of those points of connection between experiential wisdom and Divine or existential wisdom. Like the Supreme, we are reflections of both forms of wisdom I think...a point of intersection where the Divine wisdoms of the Holy Spirit, the God Fragment, and the Son's Spirit meet with that wisdom which is acquired by the trial and error of personality with freewill learning by experience and choice to gain wisdom, to better express that reality experience of meanings and values. God the Supreme is one polarity point of experiential/existential intersection and the mortal mind is the other polarity point of intersection.

101:3.2 (1108.1) Faith-insight, or spiritual intuition, is the endowment of the cosmic mind in association with the Thought Adjuster, which is the Father’s gift to man. Spiritual reason, soul intelligence, is the endowment of the Holy Spirit, the Creative Spirit’s gift to man. Spiritual philosophy, the wisdom of spirit realities, is the endowment of the Spirit of Truth, the combined gift of the bestowal Sons to the children of men. And the co-ordination and interassociation of these spirit endowments constitute man a spirit personality in potential destiny.

101:3.4 (1108.3) Through religious faith the soul of man reveals itself and demonstrates the potential divinity of its emerging nature by the characteristic manner in which it induces the mortal personality to react to certain trying intellectual and testing social situations. Genuine spiritual faith (true moral consciousness) is revealed in that it:

101:3.5 (1108.4) 1. Causes ethics and morals to progress despite inherent and adverse animalistic tendencies. *

101:3.6 (1108.5) 2. Produces a sublime trust in the goodness of God even in the face of bitter disappointment and crushing defeat.

101:3.7 (1108.6) 3. Generates profound courage and confidence despite natural adversity and physical calamity.

101:3.8 (1108.7) 4. Exhibits inexplicable poise and sustaining tranquillity notwithstanding baffling diseases and even acute physical suffering.

101:3.9 (1108.8) 5. Maintains a mysterious poise and composure of personality in the face of maltreatment and the rankest injustice.

101:3.10 (1108.9) 6. Maintains a divine trust in ultimate victory in spite of the cruelties of seemingly blind fate and the apparent utter indifference of natural forces to human welfare.

101:3.11 (1108.10) 7. Persists in the unswerving belief in God despite all contrary demonstrations of logic and successfully withstands all other intellectual sophistries.

101:3.12 (1108.11) 8. Continues to exhibit undaunted faith in the soul’s survival regardless of the deceptive teachings of false science and the persuasive delusions of unsound philosophy.

101:3.13 (1108.12) 9. Lives and triumphs irrespective of the crushing overload of the complex and partial civilizations of modern times.

101:3.14 (1108.13) 10. Contributes to the continued survival of altruism in spite of human selfishness, social antagonisms, industrial greeds, and political maladjustments.

101:3.15 (1108.14) 11. Steadfastly adheres to a sublime belief in universe unity and divine guidance regardless of the perplexing presence of evil and sin.

101:3.16 (1108.15) 12. Goes right on worshiping God in spite of anything and everything. Dares to declare, “Even though he slay me, yet will I serve him.”

101:3.17 (1108.16) We know, then, by three phenomena, that man has a divine spirit or spirits dwelling within him: first, by personal experience—religious faith; second, by revelation—personal and racial; and third, by the amazing exhibition of such extraordinary and unnatural reactions to his material environment as are illustrated by the foregoing recital of twelve spiritlike performances in the presence of the actual and trying situations of real human existence. And there are still others.

101:3.18 (1109.1) And it is just such a vital and vigorous performance of faith in the domain of religion that entitles mortal man to affirm the personal possession and spiritual reality of that crowning endowment of human nature, religious experience.

Me here: Please note that the 12 proofs of faith given above all lead to and result in wisdom - experiential wisdom. Wisdom that does not depend upon any particular knowledge or beliefs. Wisdom that will bear the fruits of the Spirit despite false knowledge/metaphysics and false beliefs!!!!!

This is the power and potential of the personal religious experience and resulting experiential wisdom!!! It can be completely devoid of fact and yet filled with truth!! And beauty and goodness! Such experiential wisdom, we are taught, does not depend upon material circumstances or health or wealth or intelligence or education or status or occupation or any other material circumstances or acquisitions. God has made this potential and the fruits of the Spirit available to all mortals despite situation and despite suffering. We can all overcome....anything at all....by faith and by love.

Of course, this life is but the very beginning of our experience and our adventure with experiential wisdom. The reality knowledge required for our perfecting and enlightening and maturing and growth....all will be provided in due time and due course. But for now....we tadpoles can find joy and peace in this life by our faith in the next life and in the Spirit within.

What a blessing. Faith results in its own proof by the growing assurance which is always it result as our branch grows the fruits of the Divine Spirit within!!

Peace Out!! 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next